(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

morn all...
been bz lately...really tired!

lemon tee, me n bb are fine! thks for ur concern!

mbj, my gal also have lotsa hand me downs from #1...clothes n toys! hehe...

reenie, so far my gal's on cereal for lunch and sometimes fruits for tea...rest are milk...haven really intro full 3 meals yet...

ru yun, glad tha ur boy's better already...

rue, my gal's comforting object is...HER THUMB! hahha

ashley, u good leh...brought ur gal for movie...i wanted to bring her but haven tried yet... cuz if not everytime we wanna watch show, have to find somewhere to "park" her for tha few hrs...

Re: gathering on 31 july...
can you gals confirm the number of paxs asap by this week...so tha we can work out the budget (for catering) and other stuffs... thks
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">If nil response is recieved by friday, we will take it as both parents are attending...</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Details received?</TD><TD>Kindermusic session</TD><TD></TD><TD>No of paxs </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>11am</TD><TD>12pm</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemummy</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>adelynn</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>agata</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ardenz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariesgal_76</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ayukie</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bidosoh</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cass</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cljl</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>DevLina</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>dingdong</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emily_ngo</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>funne</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>karen</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>lemontee</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mitsy</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mm6j</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>myboyjovan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicole</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pei Pei</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shers83</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shihui </TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirlin</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sinkor</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sponge</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>sporty</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>starrz</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>swanston</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>momoko</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendy lim</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>zentan</TD><TD>Yes</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>67</td></tr></table>

Morning Sporty! Actually I dare not bring Amanda to watch movie cos worried that she will cry and scream and disturb the audience. But my hubby more gungho. Luckily she cooperated and we were prepared- brought her pillow and pacifier!hahah...

You should try to bring lil M to the movies one day....maybe she will be very guai too. She looks like the guai guai type!

Morning mummies!

Ashley - My hubby also wanted to bring my girl to the movies but she is easily startled so I'd rather play safe and bring her only when she is older...

Agata,
Hope your little one gets well soon! When my darling is down with stuffy nose, we got those nose drops and sea spray from PD, it helps to clear the blockage and makes her sleep better in the night time.

Ashley,
Wow.. movie with baby! i almost did that with mine as Jie jie wants to watch Toy Story 3 too! ACtually its more like me wanting to catch it...hahaha...Good move yah
happy.gif

Sporty,
You alright? You really sound tired...hugs. Hope its not workload. My girl is not establish on 3 meals a day too.

whow Ashley! good leh! can bring ur bb out for movie... i think mine will move non stop throughout the show lo... she just cant sit still....

oh.. talk about shaving of hair... doesn't mean, you shave all hair wil grow more rite? some hair might be even coarse?

Ashley,

Cooking porridge using slow cooker:

1)take 1 tbs of rice (must buy New rice (market) cos softer to cook)
2) Put in slow cooker with water (cover the rice, need to add more water along the way if drying up)
3)set to High (got auto mode, but i duno what is for)
4)At the same time, put in shredded carrot etc
5)If put in fish, i cook fish meat + skin for the taste, will put early too (but bb wont eat this)
6)1.5hr, will see the rice soften, so stir and try to mash the rice
7)add water if needed (if not, the food will dry and got stuck at the wall of the pot)
8)10 mins before serving, add in minced fish meat, stirring to ensure the pieces break up.

Intend to let bb try other vege cos carrot too much no good.

Ru_ My baby's comfort oject is a beanhusk pillow. hahaha full of his smell which everyone in the family love. its been passed around by the little cousins for sniffing session when he is awake. They say got his smell and its theraputic!
happy.gif

ashley, yeah...i will try to bring M for a movie next mth when we are in msia...hopefully she wun screams! hahah

reenie, juz very bz with work later...so everyday very rushed and tired lor...sometimes i even fall asleep while latching my gal! ahha

cljl, thas what the older generation said...if u shave the hair, more hair will grow lor... my mum kept asking me to shave my gal for 2nd time and i'm quite reluctant as the hair juz grew out liao lor!

Thanks Kimifin! Will try to cook porridge for my little one today!

My hubby is on mc today - down with very bad flu. Had to put my baby at my mum's place for the time being in case the flu bug got to her.

Reenie, thanks. I'll check whether I have nose drop from PD. The blocked nose only at night. In the morning, totally gone again.

About shave hair, ok then, I won't shave my baby's hair. Let it grow naturally.

sporty, u fall asleep while lacthing, i fall asleep while pumping.. wa ka ka...

u gals so 'geng' can bring bb to movie, i not even dare to bring my #1 there yet, lol, coz she scare of dark, so every time have to 'park' her somewhere too...

whow.... heng i nvr agree to shave lo... hahaa...
her hair little just let it be liao lo..

everytime when ppl ask y dun cut hair or shave hair, my hubby n mil wil just put the blame on me lo... damn it...

Lemon tee, me too... always fall aslp when pumping... hahahaha....

oh i wan to ask ppl who use avent bottles... what time of teats r u al using now? im using medium flow "3"...

Dunno y my mil cut it n hole become big n flow too big till my gal drink n grasp her breath la... omg....

ashley, aiyooo...hope ur gal wun kena the flu virus!

lemon tee, my #1 loves movies...so far he went for like 5 movies le...hehhe...u can train ur gal to watch movies at home...then slowly "upgrade" to the cinema...

Kimifin,
I add in a variety of veg into Kaely porridge right now, you can try spinach, brocoli, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato...too much orange will result them turning orange, look out in their little palm...hahhahahah...i almost did that with my elder last time...so funny!!

For slow cooker, normally i make porridge, add in my cubes of veggies and meat only 30mins before serving...on "low" heat.

Sporty,
stay positive, weekends is 3 days away
happy.gif
Do you work late? You must be exhausted!

Agata,
Yah, check the drops out...if i recalled rightly, the drop is:
iliadin nose drop, check with the PD for the usage and amt for nose drop, my baby is using 3 time a day, one drop each nose. As for the nose spray, its Sterimar Nasal Spray.

Hi girls,

The fund raising sale keeping me so busy with emails that I don't have time to come in this thread.

Anyways, paid and collected the food jars yesterday. Will mail it out this week.

Mbj, I will send you the postage information once available for tracking on your side ok.

reenie,

ask you ah... when cooking porridge using slow cooker, do you make 2 meals (lunch and dinner) at the same time? Or make lunch first, then wash up and make dinner again later?

I find that if cooking only 1 meal, the portion looks so small even for my very small baby size slow cooker.

reenie, for the cubes of veggies, do u steam it 1st? so that it is softer? how long do u cook in the slow cooker?

angeline, i made 2 meals before but then, my dad say it will create wind.. so nw i only cook 1 meal a time.... my portion is half 1/4 cup of rice...

cljl,

Avent teats: I am using size 3 for a mth so far.
You started to use variable flow? (for thicker liquids)? U know if it is the same as teat 4?

Do you find the bottle leak easily if did not screw on cap properly?

When I make porridge, is for 1 meal, cos cold already and reheat may get wind.

Reenie,
pls let me know on the preparation of the veges...can you start with 1 type of vege first? Did u buy the special container to store the frozen cooked vege?

cljl, kimifin,
thanks for replying. 1/4 cup rice, looks very little in the cooker hor. MMh... have to start thinking about this.

For me, now I cook 1/2 cup rice in the slow cooker for few hours till lunch, then will scoop out half that portion and put over fire to add freezer cubes in.

The other half portion, will be transferred to the thermal food jar (if leave in slow cooker under auto mode, will become very dry by dinner time)until dinner time, will scoop out this balance and cook over fire and add freezer cubes for dinner.

seems so 'ley chey' to cook this tiny weeny bit of rice 2 time a day. Maybe I just plain lazy. :p

kimifin,

i onli use till size 3 on medium flow leh.. haven change yet.. coz she drinkin quite ok bt then when i wash the teats i found my MIL cut then she frustrated n dun wan to drink becoz flow too big.. end up everytime she dun wan to finish drinkin....

haven use the variable flow yet... tonite wil go kiddy palace n stock up on teats again.. heng now gt gss lo...

angeline, ya... 1/4 cup is little bt enough for her 1n 1/2 meal so i cook lesser to make it 1 meal lo...
what u mean by adding freezer cubes? I also lazy to cook and wash twice.. but not to let her have wind in her tummy... bo bian lo...

u all remember y i want to buy e buffalo thermal jug? becoz i find the porridge watery rite.. i think i noe y already.. becoz my porridge is kept inside for more than 3 hrs, then it became cold so it became watery... think porridge in thermal jug can only keep warm for max 3 hrs lo.... my NTUC thermal jug so far so gd...

but heng, angline i ask u to buy coz i broke my MIL lousy thermal flask! ahahahaha.....

sporty: yea, both hubby and i are going
happy.gif

as for porridge, if we are in a rush we cook 2 meals @ 1 go but keep the slow cooker on throughout to make sure that it don't turn cold. i also add in the cubes of vegs/fruits into the porridge so they are prepared separately.

anyway how much is your babies eating each meal now?

hi mummies,
just brought my boy to genting with my family.. he's okay there but genting nothing much.. wouldnt go if it was not a family trip.. but now he come back refuse to sleep in his yao lan.. think he was so used to sleeping in his babybjorn.. really headache!

dun really want to drink milk also..
i want to ask the same qn as adelynn, how much are you feeding your babies now?
my boy uesd to drink 180 ml ebm every 3 hr before i intro solids, now every 4 hr about 120 ml nia..then usually i feed about 1 tablespoon of puree and 3 teaspoons of cereal (Healthy times brown rice) after his milk feed.. am i feeding him too much solids and he dun want to drink milk? or should i not feed him solids directly after his milk? how do you mummies do it?

cljl, i cook in batch and blend his veggies/meat on the weekends and freeze them in cubes. Each meal, will take out a few 'colours' of cubes and add into porridge.

right now, we giving him about 150ml - 200ml amount of porridge for each lunch/dinner. I read in a few weaning books they give up to about 9 cubes or 9 tablespoons of food, so I calculated it to be about 150ml.

min, at 7 months, the baby's nutrition should start to come from solids. By 9 mths, they should eat 3 meals and nutrition to come mainly from solids. Feeding too much milk may affect their appetite for solids.

For those who started weaning from 4 or 5 mths, it should be milk first then solids. Cos at this age the nutrition should come mainly from milk. Solids is for 'play play' only. But now at 7 mths, nutrition should come from solids. Therefore, so be solids first, then milk if really needed. At 7 mths, BBs need minimum 500 - 600 ml milk in a whole day only.

what's your bbs schedule like now?

Angeline_thakns again with helping the purchase of the thermal flask.

As for the cooking of porridge, I normally cook lunch and dinner separately as mum tells me keep too long will not be good for BB. Eat already will get wind in the stomach.

wow, so many of you cooking porridge already.
jovin gags even at food that is slightly lumpy or textured, i wonder when then i can introduce porridge to her.

mbj, my sol gagged the first few attempts too. So i blended it. Slowly slowly after a few days, he started to accept and his mouth moves like really chewing. very cute.

morning mummies!

kimifin, forget to reply u on the avent cap, mine doesn't leak leh... cant close too tight also if not she cant drink properly n might create wind too... so i just close when i hear this tiak sound lo...

adelynn, u say u keep ur porridge in the slow cooker throughout, wun the porridge be chao ta at the side? waste porridge rite?

angeline, oh ic.... i dun do that... i chop it into cubes then add in together to the porridge n cook... for sweet potato or carrot, i will boil it first then after tat add that boil water with the chop veg into the slow cooker to cook...

9 tablespoons is alot leh... now i only cook 1/2 1/4 cup for 1 meal which is only abt 2.5 big tablespoons leh... which means she eat very little?

now she only eats 2 times porridge leh... n no fruits at all leh...

her schedule now is :

7.30am 200ml of milk
8.00am bathe n nap
12pm wake up for porridge
1.30pm nap
4pm 200ml of milk
7.30pm porridge
10.30pm 200ml of milk

i also duno hw to give her fruits in between leh.. how hur?

talkin abt acceptin and chewin food, it is very cute to see them eat lo.. hahaha...

cljl: old pple like to cut teats. my mum also. that time i wanna feed my son the nestum cereal den she say i spoonfeed rill night oso haven finish den she go cut the teats wanna bottle feed. OMG. lucky my son dun wan eat. how can lidat

kimifin: is ur AVENT the BPA free 1? because my friends using that , some have problem, it leaks then they bring back to philip at TPY for 1 to 1 exchange

lemon tee, ya.. her morning nap is alot de lo.. so sometimes it can hit that.. hahaha... the timeline is aga aga de....

ru yun, ya.. she cut n always blame us say how i noe this n that! i hate to hear it lo.. whow lau.... then no choice got to buy new ones... n i just changed the teats like 1 mth ago la!

n cereal she also went to cut e hole even bigger.. say easier to drink... i told my hub to tel her off.. say cereal must spoon feed if not they cant differentiate what is bottle n spoon feed.. but end up she dun like cereal.. so too bad...

cljl: nope, the porridge after the whole day wun chao tar. what we do is after her lunch we put in a little bit more water and let it 'cook' in the slow cooker. no burns. as and when we can, we cook individual portions.

regarding cuting teats, my MIL learnt a hard lesson with that. she cut the teats for my nephew ended up he choked so badly that he turned blue and my SIL had to rush him to a doctor. so when it was time for my girl, i asked her 'are you sure u want a repeat of that'?

adelynn, oh i c.. mine normally if i cook over 2 hrs, then the sides will be chao tar leh... duno y.. or maybe i put on high....

whow... thats serious leh! yesterday my hub feed my gal n she cough lo... then i say u see... then in return i ask y on earth ur mum want to cut the teats! he always dun believe me till he experience it himself lo.... haiz....

Good morning mummies,

I've started to mix my girl's HT cereal with pureed food. Is that ok? My girl is taking close to 8 tablespoons of HT cereals. Is that too much?

Hi mummies,

I've been a silent reader of this thread. Now I finally muster the courage to join and post message =)

My son was born on 9 Nov 2009. Apart from solids, he's still entirely on EBM, but I should be moving him on to FM soon.

Now, his daily schedule is roughly as follows:

7am: Wake up, milk (150ml)
7.30am to 9am: Playtime
9am - 10am: Nap
10am - 11am: Playtime
11am - 11.30am: Milk (100ml) and Porridge (7 tbsp) and 60ml pureed fish / meat
11.30am - 1pm: Playtime
1pm - 2pm: Nap
2pm-2.30pm: Playtime
2.30pm - 3pm: Milk (150ml) and 60ml pureed vegetable (e.g. pumpkin, sweet potato, yam etc.)
3pm - 5.30pm: Playtime
5.30pm - 6.30pm: Milk (100ml) and Cereal (3 tbsp, mixed with 20ml EBM), 60ml pureed fruit
6.30pm - 7pm: Wind down
7pm - 10.30pm: Sleep
10.30pm - 11.30pm: Night bath, last milk feed (150ml)
11.30pm to next day 7am: Sleep

Hi Paperger85>> Yes, it's fine to mix the cereal with pureed food. I do that for my son too. Infact, I find that he takes more cereal when I mix it with pureed fruit / vegetable. If feed cereal by itself, he gets bored of the taste quite fast. Also, it is good to feed cereal with fruit, because the Vitamin C in the fruit will enhance absorption of iron in the cereal.

papgerger85: HT cereals when mixed with water/FM/EBM can become 'little' as compared to other cereals like Bellamy, Happy Bellies etc. I normally measure the amount after it's been mixed. My girl now is on a 4 to 5 tablespoons of lunch &amp; dinner, mixed with veg or fruit puree.

cljl: For my slow cooker, we normally turn it down to the lowest heat after her lunch meal to let it 'stew' for dinner.

Anatasia: my girl is also on full BM, i am thinking of introducing FM soon too and slowly transit to FM. i wonder what brand of FM is good.

Hi Paperger85>> Really? I din do comparison with other babies, just fed him what he can take. I'm quite adventurous with giving him new food. When I have enough time to puree alot of food, I can intro new food every 2 days (I dun follow the guidelines of 3 to 4 days =p).

Hi Adelynn>> I did a comparison of the various FM in the market (NAN, Similac, Friso and Mamil). I think they are more or less the same lah. But for me, I look for FM that has got both prebiotics and probiotics inside. I think only Friso and Similac has both. I bought Similac for my son, will let him try when he turns 8 mths.

anastasia, whow... ur boy can play n eat quite a lot leh...
how come u give milk n porridge at the same time? n bathe so late at night??

adelynn, oh ic.. maybe i put it to high ba... but if gt time, i think better to cook it twice lo... ur veg, do u blend n add in freeze cubes like angeline? or u boil them to make sure its soft first?

hi mummies,
hmm when u all say mix cereal with pureed fruit, what kind of fruit can be mixed with cereal ah?
thanks!

Hi cljl>> My son can play and eat quite alot, but he is skinny leh...maybe all the food and milk he takes is used up in playing..haha..

I give milk and porridge at the same feed cos' my son dun really drink alot of milk. I always fill the milk bottle to 150ml / 100ml, but not always he finishes the milk. I think average he takes about 500ml milk only. Infact, I have to feed milk before solids, otherwise, he only want to eat solids, dun want the milk.

As for bathing...we have been doing that since he was newborn. Fits our schedule well =) We asked PD ok to bathe so late or not, he said no prob. And so far, my son no prob too. It helps to set him into a sleep routine too. Warm bath, milk and then sleep. He sleeps in his own room by himself, and we dun even have to carry him! =)

Starrz>> So far, I have mixed apple, pear, papaya and apricot. I think alot of other fruits also can, like mango, peach, banana etc. Basically, you trial and error..see what your baby likes...

Anastasia: Thanks, i will check them out

cljl: weekdays i do cubes of pre-prepared fruit/veg puree. Weekends i would do fresh since i am at home.

starrz: i put in all types of fruits - apples, pears, avocados etc. the only thing i don't put in is banana.

Back