(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

hello mummies, anyone around?

a while ago BB was sleeping when all of a sudden she startled awake but didnt cry, instead stared at the ceiling and started smiling and chuckling and talking baby language.... any mummy experienced the same thing? is this normal or are there "visitors"? eeeks so scary esp when hb's working late and its just me and bb

hi mbj, u are around!
ya i tried to pat pat but she was still fixated on the ceiling so i offered the best distraction - nipple (hehe). after latching then she fell back to sleep.
just now i think i heard "noises" leh (or could i be over-imagining things???)

Thanks for the advice on healthy times! Will try that tomolo. Hee...

Ardenz, dun scare yourself lah... My gal sometimes will wake up in the middle of the nite to play also. She will lie on her tummy and start reaching the mobile at her cot or play with the bumper. After some pat pay, she will go back to sleep. Maybe sleep too much liao??

Hi mbj,
So u also direct latch ur bb for every feeding? I also latch for every feed. My boy also feed for 5 mins or so, very fast. But my boy not gaining weight, still at 6+kg. He didn't gain weight for 2 months liao but before that it was because of his eczema and PD said with his condition, difficult to gain weight cause unable to sleep properly due to the itch. I really worried on his weight gain. So ur bb still gaining weight with her short feedings? Dunno is it due to my milk not nutritious enough cause myself kept losing weight.

How many times ur babies poo after eating semi-solid food? Now my boy poo once a day and poo poo is sticky.

ardenz, what time will your hubby be back?
if you really afraid, say a prayer over baby before you sleep?

taurus, yes, i latch baby every feed, including night time. baby still gaining weight, but slow gain also. but she looked ok, pd didn't say anything.
anyway, i heard hind milk is the one to let baby gain weight. so really got to let baby latch till reach hind milk ba. but my baby won't latch long, so i just assume she got enough and satisfied liao lor.
also, ragi porridge can help baby gain weight easily. can try. i giving my baby that every few days once.
for your baby eczema, did pd give any cream? must be very uncomfortable for baby. is your room too hot? or clothing too much?

as for poo poo, ever since she started semi solid, she poo about twice, sticky and smelly poo.
before semi solid, on total bm, only once every 1-2 weeks.

mbj,
My boy was still gaining weight for the first few months, dunno why after that become stagnant. Both PD and yishi said is due to lack of proper sleep. Currently my boy can clear my breasts, last time he was unable to. So maybe i not producing enough milk. I find his appetite is better than last time. For semi solid i'm feeding him brown rice porridge. What is ragi?
PD gave steroids which i had to use once everyday on his arms. I really dun like to let him use steroid but no choice. My hubby said long duration of using steroid for children will slow down their growth. Now he's getting better compared to last time as he would wake up in the middle of the night due to the itch. My room is not that airy and i had to let him wear long sleeve due to the steroid on his arms. But currently his sleep is getting better. So hope to see him gain some weight.

Tauruss033, my girl also 6+kg nia. Very small size. She hardly sleep in the day. Each nap is only 25 to 30 min only. Also don't know how to make her sleep more in the day. I tried on air con, draw curtain make room cosy cosy she still sleep most 30min nia.

morning!
its the weeekend!

devlina/mbj, hi5! i love tha esprit outlet too
happy.gif

1sttime mummy, ur gal is really a huge drinker! what did pd say...why saying must up to 200ml eh?

ayukie, i saw the pics of PG cupcakes la...its creamy kind if i rem...

peipei, i use bm to add into the HT cereals...

mbj, yes ssc is revamped...now have daiso also! heheh

ardenz, dun imagine too much la...think ur gal juz wanna play by herself...hehe

taurus, i also lost weight but my gal's gaining leh...i dun think it got it do whether ur bm is nutritious or not la...maybe u shd feed more semi solids to ur boy and let him gain weight from there?

Ayukie, pine gdn cupcake is those butter cupcake with butter cream topping. If u like butter cream then you'll like it. My bro n I like it. We ordered that for my girl's bb shower.

taurus, one thing i noticed with my girl is if she don't have enough sleep she will refuse to take milk. No matter how hungry she is or past her meal time for 2 or 3 hours. If she is deprive of sleep, she will refuse milk. Once enough sleep, she will drink. So it might true that your son is not sleeping enough and thus not drink well previously.

Dingdong- wow 130 only? How come your girl has such nice bak Kah?! Lol

tanly- FYI when my girl is swaddled she sleeps longer. She really hates being swaddled now - struggles and struggles but once she gives in she can sleep much longer.

tanly,
Did u try to give her massage, may help to soothe her and make her sleep. But is she sleeping thru the night like 10 - 12 hrs? Previously my boy having bad eczema, he doesn't nap much. But now better when he's tired he will nap for 1.5 - 2hrs. He haven't really sleep thru the night maybe the most only 6 hrs. My yishi said sleep is the most important for growth, secondary is food.

sporty,
Yah loh i trying to feed more porridge. Now feeding 2 meals. But maybe i also not producing enough milk.

Bidosoh,
True loh sleep is most important. Cause not enough will get cranky.

myboyjovan : whow.. gd... 15 mths.. let me see after how long my aunty come visit me.. hehehe.... my girl siao siao one leh.. last nite n this morning drink less than 200ml... duno isit teething anot... last nite 2am cry like hell....

and also isit she prefer porridge now or wants FM?

Mummies... can someone advise me? It seems that my gal is rejecting soy milk... Was wondering if I can mix with the normal stage 1 or 2 or nt...

Starrz, i may resort to mixing stage 1 and 2 FM for my baby if she is still having diarrhea after taking Similac stage 2.

My dad told me that I used to be like my baby, having diarrhea after switching to stage 2 formula. In the end my parents had to feed me stage 1 formula again and only then my diarrhea stopped. I was only ok to take stage 2 formula at 9 months. I'm not sure if my baby is also strange like me.

starrz, if your gal's diarrhea is ok now, you should give back normal formula. That is what i do last time after my son recovers from LS. If she is ok with stage 1, why don't you give back stage 1. Then slowly mix with stage2. I don't have such problem with my son though. As he is on exclusive bm til 6 months after which is 50-50 and then stop he stop BM at 9 mth. But he has constipation when initially switch to 100% formula though. So looks like there is no perfect solution.

Oh coz my soy milk still got very full tin..waste to throw so thought if can mix with the fm stage 1.

Ashley, will let bb go back to stage 1 first then I will mix half half with stage 2 since alternate feeding doesn't seem to work for my gal. Eh so u aldy start cereal liao hor?

Hi Lemon tee, no for my case lor...so my hubby joked that my bb like big nipples ! hahaha

Cljl, it sort of returned to pre-preggy size...

myboyjovan, I basically stopped BF by 5 months plus..so BB is now on Mamil Soy milk cos he has quite bad reflux...now am trying to give him 1/2 FM from soy and cow's milk conbined..slowly,

My bb is now 9.4kg at 6months old so am not too worried cos he is eating well . 4 to 5 feeds of 6 ounces milk plus day time my mother will give him brown rice cereal or home cooked porridge with bovril.

Just worried that when he really starts teething, he will lose his appetite affect his weight gain.

EASTgal, wow, ur bb is 9.4kg at 6 months?! power!!!

starrz, it's better to mix stage 1 and 2 to feed, rather than alternate feeding... cos the taste may be very different. but mixing, bb will adapt to the new taste subtly... i'm increasing from 1/3 to 1/2 stage 2 now with my gal. she is taking it well so far...

anyway, mummies, can i check with you on how you feed cereal to your bb?

for the past 2 weeks, i have been instructing the ifc to feed my cereal in the afternoon feed time. originally, she took 160mml of bm. so i get the teacher to take 30ml out to mix with the rice cereal and feed her the remaining bm after the rice cereal.

yesterday, the teacher at ifc said i overfeed my gal.. i should give her cereal, then feed her 160ml bm after 1 - 2 hours.

but the cereal my gal took is not a lot and it should not be considered as a full meal. cos usually after that she will still cry for milk.

so how? shall i increase the cereal amt?

today, my gal actually finished 200ml bm at one go just now. i was shocked! i actually took the wrong bottle of bm to go out just now. and only after i warm the bottle then i realised. so no choice, just feed her, thinking that she will not finish. who knows she finished all! hmm... just now i gave her 180ml fm, she also can finish all... does this mean i should increase her milk intake?

then if i want to introduce puree in her meal, do i give her after the cereal? or in another feed, e.g. morning or evening feed.

sorry, so many questions at one go.... :p

1st time mummy, u still can swaddle ur gal eh? i can only swaddle her bottom body as her hands tends to "escape" out

taurus, try pumping 1 feed...maybe tha will increase ur ss lor

starrz, i never heard of mixing soy milk with stage 1 or 2...how abt calling the pd to ask?

eastgal, ur boy's weight is really power!

peipei, normally i pour out the milk to mix with cereal then feed the balance of the milk in the bottle after the cereal feed...

My gal is having fever since yesterday afternoon. Suspect is due to teething cause yesterday morning she poo 2 times and is very watering and she drool alot compare to normal days. Her fever has been up and down at around 37+ to 38+ degree. Been feeding her fever med that PD give during vacination.

Would like to get some advise from experience mum, normally the fever last for how long ah?

At what temperature then i need to bring my gal to see PD? during weekend, most of the PD is not open, is going to hospital A & E the only option?

Eastgal : oh ic.. mine till now like still e same... ur bb at 6 mths 9.4kg very steady man!

pei pei : I think if ur gal can finish all 180ml then u can increase her intake already...

I wan to ask hor... my gal normally she finish 200ml then nw duno y she don't finish all leh... n sometimes she bite the teats... is it teething time for her?

N for lunch i feed her porridge which is 2 big tablespoons and she can finish all. after 3.5 hrs to 4 hrs, she like refuse to drink milk leh... isit she dont wan to drink milk already? only after a few tries, then she started drinking.. but cant finish all.....

Thanks chris n swanston for organising!!
happy.gif
paiseh... guessed my boy played roughly in the pool game room n contributed to the balls incident.... do keep me updated..
happy.gif

1st time mummy, i did nothing to help for the koi... only called to order... many thanks to swanston who took over the collation of the order...
happy.gif

Thanks Chris, swanston and shihui for organizing the gathering, KOI, photo contest and games! They were all fantastic! My family totally enjoyed them!

so nice to meet all the lovely mummies & my bb got to meet so many friends! Thank you organizers Chris, swanston, shi hui, and all the rest of the mummies for today

A big thank you to the organizers ...for all the food, games, free milk powder n of cos KOI!! It was great talking to the mummies !!
happy.gif

Thankies for all the hard work Chris n Swanston =) And it was really nice meeting all of you ... So nice to have a face to the name =) And yes all the babies..

Thanks Chris, Swanston and Shihui for the gathering and Koi! My hubby and I had fun today
happy.gif
Nice meeting the mummies and babies.

Too bad I didn't bring camera. Those with photos, pls post on FB
happy.gif

Hi

pei pei/sporty/cljl

guess my BB is on the heavier side due to his height too. He is tall for his age (takes after his dad
happy.gif

He is about 72cm at 6 months old and his little arms and legs are pretty chubby...( my god son who is 12, jokes that little mikail has many "compartments" on his arms and legs...

morning ladies, monday again..

just want to clarify that i went to a talk by a dr on saturday and fever is NOT a result of teething, i think i keep seeing comments that teething results in fever so just take note ya..

Kudo to Chris and swanston for putting the gathering together so well! Not an easy task!

Great to meet more mummies and babies whom I have not met the other time...

Baby Chloe has enjoyed herself very much!!! So do mummy and daddy.
happy.gif

morning everybody!

Eastgal : hahaha.... whow... he wil grow up to very tall... gd leh.. now not many tall man in Spore liao.. hehehe....

Good morning all. I had a bad day at work yday. Today decided to switch myself off and come to forum with my tiny blackberry. After reading some posts I feel abit better coz I shared the happiness of the mummies here.

most welcome mummies!
happy.gif

Apologies to the mummies who didnt get their KOI (esp Sporty) and the rush (i know u mummies wanna interact more).. I hope the food was enough and decent too (had to go for separate caterers coz many turned down our modest budget)

As for the pool balls, I'm so dead! hahah.. it's my Deputy CEO's fav game and he plays it everyday.. but it's ok lah, the club executive will help buy soon.. hopefully we can get just 4 and not the full set.. Sorry mummies, may need some of you to contribute to the compensation..
But i really hope some found them in your bags or something??

Accounts for transparency to be posted soon..

Congrats to the winners of the baby photo contests!
1. Ice ice baby is Pinyi in the cool shades
2. Cheeky monkey is Rachael poking Daddy's eye
3. Smiley baby is Amanda with her wide grin full of cereal
4. Fashionista Diva is Alysha on her shimmering princess gown
5. Yummiest baby is delicious 3 layered Trevis
Hope you all liked the animal pants!
happy.gif

Lucky 1st time mummy and baby Alyssa got chen_mama's pretty taggie hankie made with love...

Pity we didnt get to play the other 2 games.. supposed to be the full of baby's movement and mummy's singing ones.. picture worthy...

Well, till we meet again!
happy.gif

Good Morning Ladies =)

Back to work AGAIN after a week of conference..Abit sian but at least can come on to the forum instead of dozing off at some speaker hahaha

Eastgal: Wow ur bb power le..I guess sometimes its in the genes as well yah! Tall men good for our gals haha

my boy now taking half bowl of ceral for afternoon but after which i will only give him milk at least 2 hrs later lor .. but bm he is now taking 220 - 250 ml per feed now .. sometimes he can finish sometimes he cant (left 20ml or so ..) ..

Ru yun : me too my gal max max is 180mL only dun worry as long as ur boy is growing well.. my niece has NEVER taken anything more than 150mL and now she is 3yrs..So far she is growing well..in fact pretty advance in speech for her age =)

Back