(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

min: yes u are right. the body needs to give nutrients to support the growth of the fetus whilst also giving nutrients to produce milk. in the long run, the mummy's own body may deplete nutrients. and BF-ing triggers the uterus to contract, thus may have chance of miscarriage and pre-term labour onset

i was also thinking of having a rabbit baby but then i find it too close in age gap, i don't wana compromise my time/energy levels with my #1 if i am carrying y #2

myboyjovan: for me, i open slightly and clean - but gently and with cotton wool damped with warm water. my PD told me if we don't clean, there's risk of UTI for the bb girl, the 'hole' will close up etc

Wah, my holiday become topic of the day! anyway, can always start to plan early, cos striking it may not be so easy every time!

need advise....
last nite i see bb peepee thg got cottom wool fibre trapped, so i lifted up his peepee to clean...
then got slight bleeding just underneath.thk i use too much force..
i quickly put down the pp, how?
need to clean the wound? thk next time, can only rinse pp when he is in the tub...

morning mummies and its finally friday!!

Talking abt #2, i also want a rabbit bb leh.. haha.. ya but say is say, may not be that easy strike.
Agree with kimifin, must plan early
happy.gif

sporty : ya lo.. when she hold onto something, she can stand.. but then.. act clever, she let go her hands.. hahaha..

Adelynn : duno when mine will come leh... now i gt abit of tummy ache lo... i also duno when i ovulating....

paperger : errm.. i don't want my no 1 n no 2 the age gap to be too big ma... coz mi n my sis diff of 6 n 13 yrs lo... damn far apart.... abit sian de lo...

tanly : my gynae say normally if breastfeeding, chances of getting preg is slower lo...

min : mi mi.. i tot of planning for a rabbit or early dragon lo.. but then.... i need to change my bloody job first leh.. been stuck in this job for like 5.5 yrs! darn!!! but bb dragon very very competitive leh....

myboyjovan : whow... after 15 months is alot leh... but then.. no menses day is damn shiok leh.. i imagine... gt to wear 2 different pads a day! ahahaha.... troublesome...

for the opening of the pee pee area, i open leh.. coz if dun clean.. i find it dirty lo.. especially with all the powder stuck inside...

Eastgal : mine was inverted and my gal stop latching at 4 wks, so im a FTWM and FT Pumping Milk machine.. hahahaa...

and as for the preg while u BF, i have a fren in the Oct 09 thread, she told me that one of the gal inside was preg for 5 mths while BF n she got miscarriage lo....

oh ya.. i want to ask... how come now cannot link bb with our passport ah? need to make new ones???

angeline, problem is she used to take 150 per session without much problem. its only these two weeks that she refuses to take her milk... i'm tearing my hair out already. lol...

morning gals!

mbj, yes happy 7 mths old to our bbs! heheh... yeah, i do clean the folds of the pee pee area for my gal...

cljl, must keep a lookout for ur gal if she let go of her hands lor... yes, nowadays u have to make bb's passport individually...

Mbj, I will open up my girl inside there to clean. My PD will check there everytime we visit him. He taught me to use cotton bud and clean it with water.

I am planning for an early dragon bb.

dragon bb next time register primary school need lots of work.. :p

i prefer close age gap.. too bad i got m/c before this, thus my #1 and #2 is about 3yrs.

my hb wnated a rabbit bb but i don't want #3 liao..

sporty : ya lo.. must always be someone with her lo.. the moment i put her on the mattress, she turn, n crawl away! damn fast.. want to change pampers also so difficult...

whow... then after 5 yrs expires? nt cheap leh....

actually hor.. im thinking.. shld i be in Oct 09 thread or here? hahaha... coz my edd is 2 nov bt actual is 30 oct...

i think i saw valerie and chenmama yesterday @ motherhood fair..
but rushing to bf my gal, thus miss the chance to say hi.. :p

kimifin, think we cant check leh unless u refer to ur passport lor

cljl, ya...nowadays the passport for 5 yrs also...the ICA person even said if the bb's face changes, must do new one...pls lor...waste $$! there's alot of nov edd mummies tha ended up as oct mummies as well...so u can stay here ba...

okok thanks! I will stay put here... hahaha...

sporty : whow... 5 yrs only n its $79 bucks isit??? how many times can we travel with bb man.. whow lau... super waste $$ la....
u going to bring ur bb overseas?

normally whats the best age to bring them overseas?

Sporty, don't care abt changing passport loh. My girl passport photo is her 2 weeks old photo and until now face look totally different we also did not change. Every time go thru custom also no issue de. We will change when the custom officer ask us to chg. Save $ mah.

Hi clji, oh yes.. I puree the fruits w a handheld blender and freeze it. So far, I only let her try apple and papaya. She dun like papaya.. keeps spitting out..
happy.gif
c

cljl
my niece brought her 3mths bb to Japan ..and then to Shanghai at 7mths...end of this mth, bringing him to Italy.

cass ; thanks! papaya also need to pureen ah? tot scrap off shld be enough? apple by e time pureen will de-oxidised already rite? wun that be nt nice? my grandma say juz scrap off from the apple.. but i tried to give her be4, she doesn't like leh...

DevLina : whow... 3 mths she go jj.... what a gd life bb! can travel at such a young age... I want to plan for a trip when she turn 1 but then, hubby say air-ticket ex this n that.. haiz.... so sad... duno can go anot...

ayukie, hahhaha...so funny...paste bb's pic on passport ah...cannot liao lor...now passport like our i/c liao...so the pic is embedded inside one... LNT is Little Neuro Tree

cljl, its 70 bucks la...yeah, i bringing my gal overseas
happy.gif
actually its how comfortable u are bringing ur bb ard la...got some bbs started travelling like when they were 2 to 3 mths old lor... of cuz best to start with somewhere near lor... of cuz u wun get to "enjoy" as much when u bring bb with u la...

tanly, i also heck care and wun change lor...hehhe :p juz tha the person said...i juz orh to her lor!

DevLina : ya.. but my hubby very niao one lo... he say want to go Perth coz I gt preg be4 i can go for my convo.. now I told him the ticket price.. he say must consider.. coz too ex... haiz.. bb only pay abt $100 plus on SQ... Jetstar i scared nt comfortable lo...

funne : whow.. so young.. then must keep on changing pic lo... nw i look back at my gal pic when she was a few days old.. she look like monster leh.... ahahahahaha....

cljl: we uploaded my #1 photo when he's 2 yrs+.. tt's before they change to biometric passport.. his will expiry in feb next yr, so just nice can apply new passport with his 4yrs look.

tanly: i'm fr johor.

cljl, jetstar is good for short flights like malaysia or bkk...for hk/taiwan or perth, go for normal airlines better la...cuz more comfy!

agreed! with airasia (or other budget airlines), everyone can fly!!

my #1 took flight when he's 1yrs plus to xiamen. then to hk/macau, bkk, penang and kuching.

now my #2 is going to take air asia fr sin to KL when she's 7m!

funne : oh ic... this biometric passport really mafan lo.... bt then.. airasia plane abit small n cramp rite?

sporty : I will want to go via SQ lo.. Jetstar is not comfy at all.... Will psycho him.. hahaha.. hopefully I succeed...

cljl, yes u have to book tha u travelling with infant and reserve the seats before hand as bassinet seats are subjected to avaliability...

paperger85
ya lo, i remember i read somewhere about not feeding cereal from bottle, but can't remember why..

sporty
ya lo, those old generation always said EBM too dilute, bb not full of just drinking EBM, saying EBM is like water, will never full after finished...
sad.gif

then she insist to put in cereal, then go and buy herself and tell me she bought and let my baby tried already, told me it's ok to do that... so bad hor....
sad.gif
sad.gif

sporty
i tried put cereal in bowl and feed my boy then he ok with it and eat quite a lot ler... that's why i dun believe what my babysitter said actually...but how, cannot offense her ma..

sporty : so it means once i book for infant means its reserve?

Lemon Tee : my mil also give her cereal thru bottle then she drink.. but then! she cut the teats so big and then waste my teats la... i told her cereal need to feed thru bowl if not next time she cant differentiate wat is cereal n wat is milk... then feed her cereal thru bowl she reject.. so now onli porridge n milk lo...

lemon tee, ur nanny really 'takes initiative' lor!! thas what i suspected also, thas why i asked u whether u tried to bowl feed ur boy... but bo bian lor since she's the main caregiver for ur boy!

cljl, i rem last year when i went tokyo, i booked my son's bassinet seats online and can choose the seats immediately!

Lemon tee,

I thk feeding from spoon helps bb to exercise their jaw motion for speech...or maybe that's when chewing comes on.

Anyone got suggestions of trial classes for bb to attend?

oh ic... okok will try when i book my tickets... now i juz cross finger! hope i can go... if not no. 2 come im stranded again!

paperger,
share with you my experience. This week by boy got flu/cold. Cannot finish his usual 200ml bottles and we decide to suspend his puree feeds for now so he has less stress on his stomach. The first 2 days, he kept merlioning out his feeds, so we worry he not getting enough milk, since maybe can force 200ml in then later 150ml come out, so pointless. So for the last 3 days, we change strategy to feed small bu frequent feed so that we can still get the 800 - 1000ml into his stomach. Every 1 hr, we feed him 100ml, sometimes he finish all, sometimes left 20 - 30 ml, but at least never merlion out anymore. At the end of the day he still total intake more than 1 litre. Now he feeling much better, stopped coughing and less phlemgh, so today start to try giving 200ml bottle again and see how it goes.

Since you mentioned you are worried about the total intake and that you baby is still waking up to feed several times in the nite. From what I read from Gina Ford's contented baby book, it is possible that your baby is not getting his food needs during the day. Try the small frequent feeds for a few days first and see if you can increase the total daily amount, then gradually increase each feed again lor.

angeline
recently my boy has got flu & coughs too..and he merlioned out his feeds. I was worried that he aint drinking 200ml as usual...so i did what the frequest feeding as well & he doesnt merlion out so much
happy.gif

Back