(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Tanly,
the routine is, when we reach home, on air con.
Bathe him (just wipe, cos if bath tub, he might catch a cold easily).

then play with him or let him roll on the bed...once he start making noise, bottle feed with FM. but he drk 80%...n dun wan to finish....he waiting to latch on, but last few nites, i use pacficier and try to cuddle him more.

hi girls,
I am back. Was very busy last 2 weeks, so never post. So good, you all can always have gathering. I want to join the Jul/Aug one ok.

My boy's bed also no bumpers and he always get his arms and legs caught between the railings. Nowadays I think he try to learn to be smarter, less incident of hand/leg getting stuck liao.

Re : Weaning. After 1 week of successful feeding, now he kenna cold/flu, merlion out a few times last few days. Now I have to stop the semi-solid and put him back to all milk diet. Haizz... So far he only tasted brown rice, sweet potato, pumpkin, spinach. Hope he gets well soon so that can try him continue to try solids again.

Started my gal on Enfa Stage 2 yesterday for one feed. She refused to drink. This morning also like that so no choice gave her ebm.. And she happily finished it..wonder how long it takes for her to adjust to FM....
sad.gif

cljl,
my boi is on TBF and started cereal, apple and banana. so far he tried Nestle and Healthy Timez, which Healthy Timez seems to be more suitable for him...

har? 180ml and 200ml? wow... but i dun have so much output how to give so much to him per feeding.. charm lo...

Cass, have your tried to give FM during a 'sleepy' feed, say late at nite. Sometimes they are not so observant when they are very sleepy.

Otherwise, you can try mixing. Say same bottle, 80% EBM, 20%FM, then slowly increase more FM and less EBM until she get used to the taste.

Hi Angeline, I asked my gals PD who advised against mixing EBM w FM but she says can mix Stage 1 and 2. In my gals case dunno whether will work since she isn't on Stage 1 ma...

OIC, did your PD explain why? I know when mixing EBM with FM, the FM will 'kill' some of the goodness in the EBM, so the quality of the EBM becomes 'weaken'. But I don't know that it will have any other 'bad' consequence.

If you haven't tried introducing FM during a 'sleepy' feed, why don't you try this first and see how it goes.

hur u mean taste is different ah? i tot of stop giving her BM till she 1 yr then she take FM liao.. scared she might not want leh....

cass : do you pureen it or u mash it? i let her taste a bit of banana.. she like gt funny feeling leh.. hahaha.. but gt different type of banana one rite? only can eat those short n small banana? hehe... she don't like cereal so bo bian only eat porridge lo...

haha.. i do FT pumping lo.. she dunwan to latch on since 4 wks old... 1 day i pump 4 times.. more than enough for her 3 feeds a day for 200ml each lo...

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">ladies, email for sunday's gathering has been sent. pls pm me if u do not get it.</font></font>

cljl,

try to introduce when FM 1 feed per day, maybe when she's sleepy?

Some FM taste different, I got many samples, so in case 1 do not work, I still can let bb try another.
So far, he tastes NAN HA 1(cos I introduce b4 6mth) and now nite feeds, NAN 2.
But he still on EBM rest of the day, and latch a few times.

Intend to switch to Promil Gold soon to try out.

u mean if i wan to stop bf then now got to let her get use to FM ah? i know its not gd to mix FM n BM together..

now at home I only have Similac at home...

Hi mummies,

My girl is only taking about 100mls every 3 hours...she feeds 3 times when i am not at home and i let her latch on demand when at home but she will normally wake up for 2 feeds at night. Started her on one tsb of cereal but she always take only a few mouthful...

She's taking very little milk. Now I'm trying to change her routine and feed her 150 mls every 4 hours...dunno if it will be better...sighs..

paperger, when you are feeding your gal the 100ml, she will guai guai and quick quick empty the bottle, or will struggle to finish? If she quick quick empty, then should be find to increase to 150ml each feed. But if she struggle to finish, then maybe she is naturally a small and frequent eater. I think can try to test test and see which catergory she falls into first.

hello all...
bz day...juz came home...
went to collect passport and watch satc...

kimifin, i think ur son not hungry when he wake up...its juz tha he's used to waking up n be latched to sleep... so nice, going for hols eh? with ayden??

ayukie, my fren's kid...first tooth came at 15 mths...so u dun have to be worried la... usually if u still bfing or pumping, menses wun be back so soon...for my #1, my menses came back 1 mth after i totally stop bfing after 1 yr...

devlina, i shd be going for the motherhood fair on sat ba...cuz my sis wanna go so she jioed me...the pampers sounds like a good deal...

cljl, welcome to the thread
happy.gif
i feed my gal every 3 hrs in the day... ur gal takes 200ml of milk? wow...mine only 150ml... i'm still on tbfing for my gal...

angeline, no wonder u MIAed...i was wondering why never see u ard recently...

Thanks sporty!

ya lo.. previously she was drinking 180ml.. then somehow i increase to 200ml and she finished all.. so i guess e amt is jus nice for her? ahaha... last feed at 10.30am she drinks 210ml...

is it alot for 7 mth baby? hehe....

those on tbfing, auntie come already?

too bad my babysitter said my boi dun like cereal and put the cereal mixed with EBM and let him drink from the bottle instead of feeding him using spoon.. is it ok to do that?

Sporty,

yah, i tried to feed him water but he still want to latch. tonite may try FM if he wakes up 2-3 hourly...

going holiday without bb... so must not let him have the habit to latch to z

cljl, i wanted to increase my gal's feed but not yet...but 200ml sounds alot lor...hehhe

lemon tee, its ok to drink cereal from bottle la think its older generation method...btw u tried feeding ur boy with cereal in bowl? or the bbsitter say and u believe ah? :p

kimifin,ohh cool...where u going? then gonna bring pump liao...haha

HI All Mummies,
I was in this thread a while ago but felt a bit lost cos i was a bit late in joining the NOv mummy team...so now let me try again !!
happy.gif

First time mum and FTWM
EDD: 5 Dec 2009
Actual: 16 Nov 2009
Gynae: Dr WK Tan
Hospital: TMC
Delivery Method: C-Sect with epi
BB's Name: Mika'il
Height : 52cm
Weight : 3.645kg

whow.. paperger.. urs so early... mine 7 mths still haven...

sporty, ur gal now feed on how much? she like milk monster lo... drink and eat alot... n likes to play alot... nw she only can sleep on e mattress... e moment i put her in e cot, she wil start to stand... buay tahan.. hahaha...

now i tot of reducing my pumps to 3 times a day leh.. but worried not enough for her.. coz i wan to stop giving her n start to plan for no 2 leh....

funne : whow.. 9m quite long hor.. but i feel kinda shiok leh.. like so carefree.. hahahaha...

paperger,
if she is already struggling to finish the 100ml, i won't suggest to increase to 150ml, she may feel very bloated and uncomfortable. Why don't you try to see if you can get her to drink 100ml every 2 hrs instead. The amt taken at each feed is not that important. Its the total amount taken within 24 hrs that more important. To reduce the nitetime feeding is to try to get baby to consume what she needs within the day. It sounds more troublesome to have to feed her every 2 hrs a small amount, but I suggest you try that first before getting her to struggle to finish 150ml. Even us adults don't feed so comfortable if we eat until bloated stomach rite.

eastgal, welcome
happy.gif

cljl, my gal takes 150ml every 3 hrs and only on 1 cereal feed a day...wow ur gal's standing already eh, thas fast... so fast u wanna plan for #2 eh...

kimifin, wooo...enjoy
happy.gif
maybe come back with #2...hahha

ya lor, my aunty nv came to visit me at all (6 1/2 months ald). but i suspect it's gg to come back soon. every 4 weeks or so, i get a few days in the 4th week that my supply's terrible low but no aunty. gynae says cld be signs of ovulating so maybe coming back soon

angeline, i just told my mother in law to give her 150mls every 4 hours and she took 140 mls...sighs...think i will have to try 100 mls every 2 hours.

cljl, yar lor. so irritating. one more thing to buy. lol...so fast you are planning for no. 2 already arh? but still can bf while pregnant right?

Hi Ladies =)

Wow alot of new friends joining in =) Hi tooo allll !!! Welcome

Auntie come: Its strange le..my period is kind of irregular..Coz it first came in mar..den stopped..till May den now it is late again =( but i no longer BF liao le..sighh..How to plan for #2 like tat?

Sporty: Yup i erm i dunno la haha my caregivers ie my MIL N my mum give den so far she is ok with bowels and all so i just let it be. BUT i told them no matter wat have to give her the 5 feeds (120-150mL) per day. Hee hee

Kimifin: wahh so nice go holiday! Phuket is relally nice le..I went in 2008 i think..i looovvveee it!! Enjoy urself N yes come back with #2!!!

hi mummies,
yah can get pregnant while breastfeeding...but think may not be good to bf while pregnant? not enough nutrients? correct me if me is wrong..

drinking cereal from the bottle.. my mum used to do that for me and i turn out q fine i hope
happy.gif
but now from what i read is dun put cereal in bottle so as not to let bb have association bet solids and bottle

me still tbf n aunty came visit for one to two days then gone again.. but i only pump abt 2 times.. and latch whenever possible after work.. but bb kaikai is like not interested in latching unless he is sleepy... and supply dropping dropping to be just enough for him... wondering if i should start fm.. but its going to be a vicious cycle isnt it? he will drink less from me and then my milk will just diminish to no more? any advice?

phuket is nice.. I like!! but the situation there ok mah?

mummies planning for #2?? ey anyone? since we are on this topic.. how big should the gap bet #1 and #2 be? small gap or big gap better? I thought of having a rabbit baby but dun want a year end bb meaning must get pregnant soon which is like ?!?!

bidosoh...u keep beoing my gal's legs ah. she's not as bak as before liao. she ballooned on my BM as she used to drink more in the early months. her appetite started to reduce at 5 months onwards. she has trimmed down and lost some of her cubbinest. so sad.

kimifin, we may still be ovulating even if we still bfing...so factory not entirely holidaying lor...hehe

raerae, how do u divide the days between ur MIL and mum? who takes care of ur gal more?

min, as long as u keep pumping/latching, ur ss wun diminish juz like tha la...unless u totally no pump/latch... i think gap between kids....2 to 3 yrs is nice lor...some pple like smalll gap cuz sleepless nites, grouchy bbs etc...juz get over and done with within tha few yrs...some pple like big gap...so at least can spend more time with #1...but of cuz need to adapt again when #2 comes...so its all up to personal preference...

dingdong, ur gal still looks chubby leh...where got slim down? how many kgs now ah?

kimifin, going phuket? wow.
no need pump and throw. you can pump and do your own spa there..haha, foot soak?

cljl, me tbf, menses not here yet. when i had elder son my menses came back about 2 months after i stopped bf completely which was like 15 months after birth.
that time so shiok, cos i hate having menses.

swanston, thanks for emailing. just realised the club is at a very london place.

sporty,you on leave today or collect passport after work? long queue right.

dingdong, ic but she looks as "power" lor...

mbj, i made appt with them to collect the passport...so it was a 10 mins wait for me... yeah, was on ML today...thas why went in the morning to collect lor

Hi Starrz/Sporty,

Thanks!
happy.gif

Glad to know some mummies are still breast feeding. My boy wean himself off at abt 5 months simply by refusing and pushing my breast away. Reason?? my used to be Ok size nipples have gone back to pre-pregnancy size
sad.gif

EASTgal, you came into the thread previously right, keke. where did you go? keke.
maybe can pump instead of latch? speaking of which, i had a friend who had inverted nipple, but in the end still manage to latch.

sporty, you still keen in LNT? their intake for 7 month old starting sometime in July.
or anyone starting another trial class of anything?

mbj, i didnt enrol my #1 for LNT as he's those who cant sit still... i dun mind going for LNT trial leh... jio me leh when u going for ur J2 ok? kam sia
happy.gif

ok sporty! great.

btw, Happy 7th month old to 4th Nov babies!

those having girls, can i check if anyone knows if we need to clean the inside of baby's pee pee area?
i always forget to ask my pd this. and usually when i clean also dare not really wipe too in.

today changed my ger's diaper to L size, cos i find for M size sometimes she pee will leak from the back out.

dingdong your standard very high leh. Your little one look so super and duper chubby. Her thigh is almost double of lil H. So yummy looking.

Back