(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

jinghui, I am an ipoh gal too! heehee!!! moved to singapore when i was 1 year old though
happy.gif

Thanks Ashley.
Well at least I know what this wee dark growth is nd isn't harmful. Dun have to wait until my next visit in 2 weeks time to ask gynae.
happy.gif

I can't wait to know the gender at the next visit. Quite nervous.. actually we were supposed able to know from last visit at about 15weeks but baby was not in the right position :/

BTW, does looking at the shape of the tummy - round or pointed - really a good gauge?

actually TMC food is very nice eh.. n anyway there's delifrance,jollibean and a cafe there.. although the cai fan at the cafe is only for staff.. but their food is not bad. i like their hor fun.

ayukie, if not he can opt for breakfast only, think if u wanna stay, must pay $$ liao...anyways hb dun eat the same thing as us lor...they can order macham like hotel like tha...my hb enjoyed his stay so much at tmc cuz the food, according to him its very nice lor! not like hospital food!! wireless think have...but must get password from the staff...i will go ask again next week when i go down and let u kno...

reenie, or bring oxygen tank la :p LOL LOL... ur gal will guai guai stay with u ah? i wanted my boy to stay but i think better not la, i need my rest!!

magical, great tha the results is negative!!! ayukie's antibiotics given by our dear dr ang...so shd be fine la...hehe... my hb was damn fascinated by this sandwich machine at tmc during our stay, he kept going downstairs to buy sandwich leh! he said very nice!!! but think the machine's gone now...hahah

elise, some old wives saying is pointed - boy, round - gal....but dunno how true lor...

Ayukie, i think husb's food served by tmc should be different from the confinement food u take bah. at least i am quite sure for mt a.

Reenie> i think it's nice to have ur daughter and hubby bunk in with u. will want to do that if i have #2 then the siblings can meet each other.
happy.gif

magical> that's good news! actually i think tmc, not much diff between single room and the suites (from the link sporty pasted). it's just mount a that got big differece.

magical - yeahlor on antibiotics ... i also thought i should not take antibiotics but the antibiotics hor is prescribed by my gynae wor .. he should know what he is doing bah ..

sporty,
same here..i dont think i'll be able to rest with my boy around.. =D

jane,
thanks! yeah TMC not much difference.the suites are more comfy for the visitors i guess.

sporty - hehe thx .. i think im gg pack a lappy as well ... u think erm its impractical mah >
whahaha likdat mite as well take full meal 15 bucks diff onlee ..
he must stay else if he dun stay i dun think i wan stay single beded liaoz .. hurhur but then i wanna stay single beded so he must stay ..

magical, i think hor...only tha few days in hospital we can rest in peace leh! thas why i cant wait...and will NOT opt for TBF yet as i dun want them to wheel bb to me in the middle of the nite! hee :p

ayukie, yes, i will pack lappy too, last round i did brought it along, at least my hb's very entertained by his games! and can upload bb's pics to the lappy immediately! ask ur hb to stay la...at least u got company there...somemore first born la, he must participate MORE!

Hi mummies,

does anyone join FBI program in TMC? FBI stand for first born incentives, to join and be a member is $148 for two years.

Heard that it will have dicount when you say sign up prenatal class, go for check-up, bills on delivery and go for post-natal check up (please correct me if im wrong, the staffs told me these on phone)

So the prenatal class in TMC will be $192.60 if you are a member, non-member is $214.

im wondering is it worth to join, will the all discount that we have (add up until delivery) be more $148?

Anyone had any idea? can share...i ask the staffs but she say she is not sure ...

sporty,
yeah! this time will tell them to supplement for formula while i pump and just hand them whatever i pumped out to feed.. but actually since the milk wouldnt come in so soon, dunno if i should pack my pump eh.. or maybe just start pumping when we get home

sporty - hehe okiex ... i just got a netbook u know those ultra small size light lappy haha to bring to tmc leh whaha (free from singnet ..)

sporty,
ahahhaaa..oxygen tank? no nid lah! hahaha..ok, i think having my girl stay overnight is not such a bad thing, if she really wants to and daddy wants to stay also, but my intention is to let them go home and have good rest, come in morning only/daytime
happy.gif

jane,
yah..its nice to have hubby around
happy.gif
but i am not sure if my girl will be comfortable staying there with me or not..of course it is nice to have her welcoming the newborn, especially a new addition to the family, i hope my elder will be ok
happy.gif

ayukie,
yeah that time i coughed for 2 months i also bo bian gotta take cough med.. for TWO whole months! my poor baby must be high inside at that time.. ha..

sunny, FBI also got other discounts for oscar/detailed scan...if u plan to stay in one bedded, u get 100 bucks off bill...if ur gynae is one of those in the list, u get another 5% off (think dr ang is one of them)...i did signed for my #1 and will sign the SBI for my #2 lor...

magical, ya lor...i agree cuz my milk only came when i went home...and tha few days in hospital, i really did had very good nite sleep! i think we better pack pump la, my fren told me her #2, the milk came early leh! juz in case la, at least we can relieve engorgement!

ayukie, then easy la...regarding internet access thingy, next week i ask liao then let u kno!

reenie, ya la, esp ur gal's more grown up than our boys...our boys will be extra trouble for us if they stay lor :p but will ask my parents to bring him to visit! hehe

I sign up for TMC SBI, got a nice goody bag with 3 books along with some other stuff. And now like alot of those milk formula co. mailing free milk packages along with other freebies to my house. Erm, I got discount off my DS and prenatal class too.

sporty,
if i got parents whom i can rely on for help, of course would be the best lah
happy.gif
in my case, lucky she can eat outside food now, no need to specially cook for her, so while i am in hospital for few days, my hb can cook porridge or bring her out to makan.

I think i am gg to pack a pump along, just in case :p but hopefully my new baby can latch on well and simulate the flow.

sporty,
yeah good point. okay loh, then maybe will bring too.. last time i brought some sterilizing tablets my friend gave me to sterilise.. how u plan to sterilize? i dont think i wanna buy a new pack just for that couple of days stay eh

wow... today thread very fast, went for meeting come back cannot catch already
happy.gif

Jinghui, you are from Ipoh? Me too.Which part of Ipoh you from?

I work in SG for almost 10 years already after i graduate from Uni.

Hi ladies, my #2 confirmed to be a gal. Dunoe why, still feel abit disappointed though have already mentally prepared myself beforehand...

Hi Fieda, nice toking to you today! =))

Karen,

I'm a Tasek girl, hehe. Been to S'pore only for 3 yrs + after ROM with hubby. He's Ipoh guy as well but worked here for about 7 yrs or so ler. So the family now stay here in S'pore
happy.gif

reenie,

I also ordered quite a few pieces from the Gap/ON spree for my boy already :D Most of his outing clothes already outgrown ler. Burnt a big hole in my pocket!! :p

Today u gals go too fast that it's impossible for me to catch up in office.. lol

Esther... why u feel disappointed that ur #2 is a gal? is it coz ur #1 is a gal as well.. for me i will want all gals.. coz normally gals closer to mummy..

Jane... sound like the delux room is solid... i wanna go take a look =p.. will try to arrange for dat during my next visit there=) BTW, ur gynes is dr HO right.. so he provide 4d scan huh... i never ask for that wor...

Jing Hui,
Tasek? hm... not too far, I'm from Taman Star, very near Simee/Stadium.
happy.gif
Both you and your hubby from Ipoh,青梅竹马 neh, you guys both SG PR?

My hubby from Penang. Both of us SPR.

You go back Ipoh often? I miss Ipoh so much, use to go back every few months, now since preggie didn't go back since CNY.
sad.gif
Hopefully can go back KL(my sis place) in 2 weeks time. Miss the food and shun bian buy stuff for baby
happy.gif

Esther> u'll cheer up when ur bb girl is healthy and u are gg shopping for her !
happy.gif

Anise> yup, the toilet very nice at the deluxe. lol. u also seeing dr ho?

anyone gg to shop the gap??

Hi Esther, yea thanks talking to you too! Didn't get to see you when i came out. Only saw your hubby. My baby got a big head circumference leh... looks like it's gg to be diff labour haha don't be disappointed la, i prefer two girls than 2 boys lo.

Abt Robinson Expo sale:

Thou someone mention abt the cheap baby cot? Is it worth it to buy? Wish to buy few lock & lock boxes to put sterilized breastpump parts & milk bottles. Wonder if they sell it there?

gynae told me not to worry abt H1N1 cos symptoms very mild now..Hmm, dunno wat to do over this wkend. *bored*

Morning gals... it's friday today =) so happie..

Jane... yup i oso seeing dr ho.. =p i having go compare the difference in pricing between deluxe and single bedder..

i doubt i going to get from gap.. too rush.. i no time to surf

rue... bcoz of the H1N1, u not going out during weekend huh.. for me.. i dun care wor... sounds bad.. somemore i going airport this coming week.. even high risk.. haha

sunny,
I signed up for the FBI too. Sure can save a few hundred dollars. I even use it for #2 OSCAR since it is valid for 2 yrs. Really worth. But my friend who join the SBI commented that FBI is better than SBI. I do a brief comparison. I think same leh.

good morning!
this is the first time i'm posting so early loh.
finally back at work today.. so tired. talk a bit louder only feel so breathless liao. n i gotta sit down whenever possible. can't stand for long.. but still surviving. lucky today is friday and only 2 hrs of lessons tday. although got to go for a briefing this afternoon. had a hard time getting up today loh. almost threw my phone on the floor when the alarm went off..

Thanks sporty, im having detailed scan in two weeks time, that mean i had to join in FBI before that appt! i had done my oscar scan, did not know that FBI can had discount on that.

Rue, you can go NTUC extra this weekend, heard that they are having baby fair starting from July 1st, 20% off for many many baby brands, can go and buy those misc stuffs-like cloth diaper, rash cream, baby wet tissues .... im going there to shop shop this weekend =)

Karen, thanks for the information!! will go and take a look..

Thanks Blueginger, will go down to TMC to ask more this weekend, most probably will join in the program. wow! that mean you had your #2 after one year from your #1? hehe! me also want to be like you ...

morning all!
TGIF!!!
happy.gif

reenie, how come ur parents or ILs cant help?

magical, i heard some hospitals sterlise pumps for u...but i dun rem whether tmc does tha tho...if not will either buy some sterlising tablets or use hot water ba...

esther, u went for ur DS already? tha's why u kno ur #2's a gal? dun feel disappointed la...can always try for #3! anyways most impt is the bb's healthy!

fieda, did ur gynae mentioned tha bb's big head circumference will be a diff labour?

rue, think robinson expo sale is still on this weekend...maybe u can go and take a look lor

jane, shopping at gap online? me onz la but must after my DS first...hehhe

magical, u are really early today!!

sunny, u can sign for the FBI on the spot before u go for the scan...i plan to do tha next week before i go for my DS...

swanston,

is the cot stable? hmm, $139 really cheap for a baby cot. usually see $300 over. somemore this is convertible. When will they deliver to ur mum's hse?

sunny,
tks for the info. wonder where's the nearest ntuc extras near my hse. i'm staying at toa payoh..

sporty, how many months are expecting now? i thought dr ang normally ask us to take oscar scan (is it a blood test only) on our third month? Oh i see, can sign on the spot before gg detailed scan, good good.. =) you are a full time mummy?

Rue, no problem, i like to look out for good deals, you can go to AMK one, i will be going this weekend, me intend to buy NUK milk bottles for my baby, NTUC had 20% for NUK and many baby brands like tollyjoys...many many i cant rem all.. just curious to find that if it will be cheaper then kiddy pal. (which also had 20%
off last week)

For cheap baby cot, you can try kaki bukit baby hypermart or baby kingdom, i have not been there, but many of my coll. bought their baby bouncer, stollers, car seat, playpen, babycot at a lower and reasonable prices compared to market rate.

Me will be using play pen instead of baby cot, cos it can last them longer and i wont have to worry if they will hit their head on the wooden panel when they grow bigger ...=)

rue, my hb and i tested it to be quite steady. almost the same as the $279 one. also can become day bed and sofa bed. got 3 levels. they sell it in white. we asked them to deliver in oct. got free delivery and installation.
happy.gif
amk hub got ntuc extra.

swanston, u bz these days ah...seldom see u post leh...yak more leh!

rue, think nearest ntuc extra to u is at amk hub...

sunny, me 20 weeks now...yes, oscar test is taken at dr ang's clinic, if u take the oscar test at tmc then got discount...i taken the oscar test already...but detailed scan need to be done at tmc mah, so will sign up on the day i go tmc...no la, i full time working mum, dun think i can be a full time sahm...heheh...how abt u?

ladies, are you going to take 16wks of ML at 1 time or whats thearrangement?
my boss asked me yesterday but i tot it's still early to decide wor..

Good morning ladies!!! Today in super happy and high mood! Cos' later going for my haircut and shopping for my 8th wedding anniversary gift for hubby!!! Tommorow is our wedding anniversary cum my birthday :p

Sporty,
My girl is not close to my in-laws, so that's the problem, i mean they have not been alone with her, so needless to say overnight for 2 days. As for my parents, my girl is ok with them, but my parents does not cook for her before neither take care of her overnight....my problem here is my girl is super sticky to either both of me or hubby and we are consider the only sole caretaker since she is born
happy.gif
I mean i have never rely on anyone else to make meals for her or sleep with her. Only my mother comes in to my place for a couple of hours if i go out to run errands like today so she can help to fetch her from school bus and settle her afternoon nap, that's all. I will try to come back to make her dinner before she wakes up.

Thanks mummies for the encouragement. My #1 is a gal so thought having a boy for #2 will be nice.. Ya, girls are more tie xin, my mum and mil both said good... hehe.. Stopping at 2 le.. dun think I can handle a third. ;p

funne, for me, i will be taking 16wks of ML at 1 time, cos after i come back to work in Feb, i still have 20 annual leave and 6 child care to use, i think should be sufficient for me...

funne, i haven discussed with my boss yet...my intention is to take 2 weeks of AL before 16 weeks of ML...as next yr i will have many days of leave if i dun take my ML one shot!u thot of ur arrangement yet?

reenie, congrats ur wedding anniversary in advance !
happy.gif
icic...then bo bian lor since ur gal's more sticky to 2 of u...at least she's older now and u dun have to really prepare her meals during ur hospital stay...

esther, yes...i agree tha gals are more fillal...heheh :p

sunny, u same situation as me...i will have 21 days of AL+ 6 days of cc leave + sat in lieu for next yr's public hols...so i think more than enough! hehe

sporty,
thank u!
happy.gif
yah..bo bian, actually given a choice, i do hope there is another caretaker she is closer to. At least she is older now, so hubby can take her out for food, or he is able to cook for her simple meal as well
happy.gif

Back