(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

sinkor
$1.8k? oh no increased much since 2006 when my cousin had baby. it was $1.6k then. phew
happy.gif

reenie
a bit of metallic taste but nothing i cant put up with yet
happy.gif
yr EDD quite clse to mine

Devilina
*hi five* same EDD. will also get confirmation @ gynae visit sometime nxt wk or wk after

Hi all,
Tested positive this morning should be 3wks++. Online calculation says EDD is 21Nov. This is No.2 for us. No.1 is Sep'06 baby gal.

Been feeling some preggy symptoms such as mild cramps, tingly breasts for 2 weeks now, so decided to do home test this morning and came out positive. Will go buy folic acid from pharmacy and maybe schedule gynea check at 6 weeks to check heart rate. (save $$, go now only do blood test which will tell same result and nothing else)

angeline
congrats! go buy folic adic k ...

shill
Yah me getting confirmation on EDD fr doc nex wk too...

reenie
U oso same EDD as Shill & me?? wow... ~ best!

newbie here. expecting our first child. tested positive using a home kit on monday morning. have not seen a doctor or gynae yet. still deciding who to go to. =)

also noticed that i put on alot of weight in the past one month. :S so much so my mum ask me are you sure only 6 weeks.

Sinkor,
Yah must know gender then can shop. If its a girl then no need to shop liao. Do u have any idea how Koreans conduct their confinement? Heard that they drink seaweed soup everyday and it helps to produce milk. Maybe can try it out.

Extract this from a website:
<font color="0000ff">On Confinement Food
For confinement, the Korean are quite similar to the Chinese. They wear thicker clothes to keep them warm, they are not allowed to walk in the house barefooted (they have to wear socks) and they are only allowed to take a hot water shower. Food, kimchi is still their major dish, and then they drink seaweed soup three times a day. According the Korean, seaweed helps to clean the blood (the same function as Chinese Black Fungus), full of calcium and it also improve the breast milk supply. True enough I drank that for a week during my confinement guess what, I can pump out 60ml of breast milk every 3 hourly one week after my baby. On the 3rd week, I fell sick and there was a drop in my milk supply by half, my husband insisted that I must drink more of that soup. With no choice, I started drinking that again for another week and I can’t believe, I got more and more supply each day. Maybe those mothers who always complaint not enough supply of milk can try this.</font>

shill09,
I heard from my friend the rate is about $1800 to $1900.

reenie,
Last time i engaged buffet paradize but now they changed name to Natal Essentials. Here's their website www.natalessentials.com . The food are not bad but not sure about now. Just feel that there are too much meat.

nagsterak
Wow u r a wonderwoman. How u managed to cope with all that just after birth, must be very tiring. If i can i also want to do everything on my own but worried later too tired unable to produce milk. Really want to opt out engaging a CL, if get a bad one even more problem. I thinking to get my hubby to take 2 weeks leave and help out. So maybe shorten my confinement to 2 weeks.

DeviLina, congrats too!

i have a problem with confinement and who to look after my bb after birth now. my mum like not so keen to help since she already has a big bb at home and my mil is very old liao. sigh. oh well. still got 8 months to plan. hahaha.

hi Taurus,

thanks for the web site!! i will book mark it
happy.gif
if its too meaty, then i can stir fry veggies on my own, actually i am doing all the cooking now at home for my hubby and daughter. But during confinement or even the initial stage, but consider catering since i might need to adjust and find time with the new born.

very different now as compare to 1st pregancy whereby i have no cooking or another kid to take care, its more tiring now :p

hi DeviLina,

Yes i think it would be great to have the same EDD! count down together..hahahaa..

Swanston,

Congrats to you!
happy.gif

don't worry too much about who to take care of baby right now, just take good care of yourself, if u have maternity leaves, then you have another 4 months to think
happy.gif
Otherwise you can consider taking a break from work and take care of the baby, there are many options around like nanny, infant care...

As for gynae, you can ask around for opinion and find someone you are comfortable with. I am with Paul Tseng at TMC, he is a great guy, very handsome :p ahahahahaa...i was kidding with my hubby during my #1 pregnancy that i like my baby to see handsome face when she is out from my tummy. So this time round, we are visiting him again for baby #2, though always crowded at his clinic. Will be seeing him next week for my 1st appointment before he leaves town.

swanston
dun hv to wori abt it now lor...coz still early. Now, it's impt for u to take care of urself 1st. After getting preggy, muz stay preggy ...

wow Taurus,

u really made an effort to check out the seaweed soup! ya... in fact at first i didnt drink the seaweed soup but my mil keep reminding my hubby that I MUST DRINK the seaweed soup during confinement....
but hor... i only drank once only.... maybe this time, will drink more.... as for kimchi, house have but dunno confinement can eat mah leh....
From my hubby's understanding, korean still can bath during confinement and can eat as much as possible.... not like chinese, have to choose on certain foods to eat....

hi ladies, yeh, you are right. actually now i am more worried about which gynae to go to. should be going to tmc since near to amk. frens reco yvonne chan. any comments on her?

swanston
not sure abt yvnonne chan but there is a joycelyn wong TMC tat many moms swear by
happy.gif

devilina
#1 for u? mine is #2. 1st one i didnt get confinement lady juz had MIL &amp; mom as well as hubby help out. but now wth #2, will be engaging one lah
happy.gif

taurus
i duno abt seaweed soup bec i m not really a seaweed fan *lol* prob stick wth papaya fish soup - milk making soup chinese style
happy.gif
happy.gif

reenie
u r at TMC ah? i m tinking of goin back there but still wondering TMC or GlenE ...

angeline
actually i hve no symptoms @ all except missing menses &amp; slight cramps. no MS no tingling nipples - feel like odd one out bec everyone here seem to hve most of preggy symptoms ..

taurus
$1.8-$1.9k seems ok bec not much of price hike i feel fr 2006 times yah?
how much pple give for ang-pao these days with confinement ladies u know?

shill,
lucky you lor... I hope I will not have the awlful whole day sickness like the last time.

My boobs feel so strange this time. Same feeling like when BFing. You know the swollen, tingling and having letdown feeling. Hope it means I will have plenty of milk this time round.

hi Taurus

yes, hubby actually took one week leave to help me on my first week of confinement. as still bleeding a lot and inconvenient to bath for baby too as the old ppl always say cannot touch too much water after birth....my hubby really helped me a lot and he practically wash bottles for the whole week. my mum helped to bath my gal for the on the 3rd day...

swanston...
me and u same leh. my mum taking care of my gal now and i think she wont for the 2nd cos too tiring. tat's why i must get a maid b4 i give birth then the maid can take care of my elder and i will same take care of baby cos i dont want the new maid to take care of such a small baby...at least my mum got 4 months break!
any one of you that leave the maid and baby alone at home?

re the seaweed.... it's true that it helps to boost breastmilk. I had that added to the papaya fish soup for my #1 and i was on tbf for 6 months..... drinking the seaweed soup 2x a week even after confinement...... it's was my massage lady that taught me about seaweed cos my bmilk was quite low in the 1st 2 weeks....

hi shill, any idea how are the charges for joycelyn wong? timing is also a problem coz my hubby's work requires him to be on 24 hours standby.

hey ladies, I'm suppose to be 5 weeks preggy and i went for a scan in South Africa hospital but the doc said my sac &amp; bb is too small, and said maybe dun to late ovulation so my bb might not be 5 weeks. I'm really confused and worried if my bb is growing.

Hi swanston... my gynae is Joycelyn Wong. Charges still no idea as havent go and visit her yet! but she is super hard to make appointment.... 2006/07 is ok...but now i need to have 3 week leadtime then can book her...haiz... no choice..haev to wait as she really very good and caring...

Hi AL,
dun worry..... maybe you are still early stage to scan.... wait for few more weeks then scan again....

sinkor,
Do u know what type of seaweed Korean used? Cause I know there are varies type of seaweed such as wakame, hijiki, arame..... I dunno if want to have seaweed soup replace red dates tea. I find Chinese confinement really troublesome, hope to simplify it for this 2nd one.
Actually i also bathe everyday during confinement. Weather too hot and breastfeed so got to keep myself clean.

reenie,
So you are a SAHM? How old is ur daughter? Can share the recipes u cook for ur girl. I am not a good cook, most of the time cook porridge for my girl who is 37 mths old. Occasionally cook rice for her. So who's helping you with confinement?

ariesgal_76,
What type of seaweed u used?

shill09,
Still have to give ang pow to the CL? I didn't even know that. But thought we already pay them, why still have to give ang pow?

AL,

Don't worry, it maybe due to late ovulation like what the doctor said. During my first pregnancy, gynae said the size of my baby looks like 5 weeks but according to the calculation of my last menses it should be 7 weeks.

shill - yeahlor .. i still remember sia .. i was soooo afraid until the gynae told me can see the heartbeat then i really saw 2 times b4 i can believe my eyes .. see liaoz the naseau like disappear for awhile and i can smile but unfortunately it came back as soon as I stepped out of the gynae office -__-"

erm ariegal .. i know the doc says so but then hor the ms hor is not one session a day wor .. now i scared to drink water .. eat sia .. keeps on wanna puke feeling somemore at work soooo horrrible feeling
sad.gif
then i very hungry as well haiz ... the doc gave me the pills i tried one today but dunno leh seems like no use at all until i had a short nap today no1 at office can nap abit but dunno tml got such chance anot haiz ...

Hi Taurus,

i know wat seaweed but dunno wat name leh.... can be bought at Daiso... will try to find at home (if have) and show u... and dun need to cook with red dates... simple cooking

Hi Swanston,
next wed will be my 1st check up and i have booked the 9am slot... so is the 1st to visit her and wont wait long...haha...

Really MS is good symtom huh? My 1st one no MS leh... but also so far so good.... pray hard for this #2 :p

sinkor - they say ms is due to simi hormones thingy according to my collegue whose nw on maternity leave (unfortunately i have sooo much more questions...) anyway my doc also echo the same thing that ms is a gd sympton tho i was so excited and nervous i forgot to ask why haha ...

next time must write down a list of questions to ask liaoz bah ..

haha...yaya... when i was having my #1...so excited that many things no ask leh... then have to jot down and ask on the next trip! ;P

Sinkor,

U must be looking forward to your gynae visit
happy.gif
I am also going to Dr Jocelyn Wong on 23 March(the week after yours). Going to stop taking the Duphaston as prescribed by the 1st gynae (afraid of side effect and there is no bleeding/spotting.

hi mummies

I'm expecting my #2 as well.. I'm in week 7 now and EDD 1st Nov (which is my son's birthday!)

So far so good, no MS, just super tired. As what reenie said, even more tiring now that I've to take care of elder kid as well..

angeline
yah i rem e letdown tingling sensation. i rem last time i kept checking if any leakage on shirt when got tat feeling - even double breast padded jux in case!
happy.gif

nagsterak
i feel not so gd to leave baby alone wth maid alone. esp when maid is new

ariesgal_76
does yr seaweed soup taste salty?

swanston
duno charges for J Wong but i tink another 2 mommies r using her
happy.gif
they can advise u beta

Al
dun worry ... shld be ok. sometimes rate of growth varies. mommy must take care of herslf

sinkor
yes i often hear JWong name been mentioned and lotsa of mommies say she is v caring &amp; nice

taurus03
i thought giving angpao is norm?

valerie
u r funny! re: part of nauseous feeling disappearing for a while then comin bac after out of gynae office. i tink MS only is ard first few months usu then after no more
happy.gif

rc_momma
#1 and #2 same birthday - that shld really be v cool! i am same as u. no MS per se but also super tired.
wanted to go gym to do light exercise but just totally flat
sad.gif

nagsterak

on e topic of leaving bb wth maid alone, i suddenly rem last yr it was on news tat a young mom taped &amp; posted on YouTube her maid abusing her 8 wk old baby

e video showed maid shaking baby &amp; pushing yaolan of baby into chair many times.

i tried to look for e YouTube video for u but cant find it anymre

Hi Twinklestar, if u feel uncomfortable of taking the pills, then better stop since no spotting.... wait for the visit to Dr J Wong.

Hi Shill, yes! Dr J Wong is super caring and patient.... and really have to thanks her for helping me write the letter to claim insurance as i having E csect.... my hubby likes her very much.. as she super patient trying to explain all those preggy term to my blur hubby....

yaya...i saw the video clip before..... very scary lor.....

Hi Shihui! My mum said she knows who is ur hubby and son liao... haha...she said sometime ur son will cry when on the way to school

Hi ladies, I'm new to the group. Saw a GP this morning to confirm my pregnancy. The baby is 5 weeks 5 days, EDD 9 Nov
happy.gif
This is my first pregnancy...am both excited and scared.

hihi!
paiseh.. really hard to check forum at work.. so got to consolidate into a long reply at night... :p eating McNuggets now.. hehehehe.. :p

shill,
heard fr a fren who's doing confinement now tt the CL rate these days is ard $2000... so ex.....
sad.gif

Sinkor,
saw ur mom n gal this morning again.. :p my blk is the middle of the last row of gdview garden.. :p

yes! ur mom got the right one... ;) my boy is a crying baby lor.. behaves like a gal.. sometimes i wonder if it's bcoz i kept wanting a gal during preg tt's y he lidat.. hahaha.. :p

DeviLina,
heee.. ya lor.. read b4 tt for preg kit, got line means hav liao... but hor, i got false positive b4 leh... used the house brand of some local pharmacy.. aiyo.. so excited when tested positive.. but when tested again with a reputable brand, it's negative! and AF came soon aft... hahaha... :p so this time round, i tested 2 times using the cheap cheap one.. and confirm again using the gd brand.. hehehe.. :p

nagsterak,
wow... u r gd leh.. can manage everything urself..

Valerie,
jiayou! MS will pass soon.. my MS started late for my first preg.. only started at wk 10... so now i'm waiting for my MS to start.. :p

Angeline,
Congrats! ya.. gd to start on folic acid as soon as possible..
happy.gif
same same.. i oso schedule gynae checkup late (wk8) so tt confirm can see bb n hear heartbeat.. got to save money mah.. gynae so ex... :p

swanston,
congrats! hmm.. for gynae, i think u will need to decide if u prefer a male or female gynae.. depends on ur comfort lvl lah.. coz the intial checkups, may need to do vaginal scan to see bb.. oso nearing to EDD, gynae need to check for dilation.. so can be quite paiseh if u not comfortable with a male gynae.. for me, i chose a female gynae bcoz of this...
happy.gif

taurus,
thanks for the extract.. wah.. they can take hot water shower leh... admire.. hehehe..
happy.gif
i'm wondering if i want to follow strict confinement rules anot.. felt really uncomfortable for not being to wash my hair.. really tempted to at least wash on alt days.. hehehe.. :p

AL,
dun worry.. usually need to wait till wk 6 to see anything...
happy.gif

RC's momma,
Congrats!!
happy.gif

Shill, angeline,
ohh.. u both remind me of the breastfeeding days.. i love the let down feeling.. heeee.. :p

Ashley,
Congrats!!
happy.gif

Shihui,
I bathe and washed my hair everyday in my first confinement. Actually can bathe one but must bathe with hot water, thats what TCM said too. They said way back before our time there was no water heater thats why they can't bathe during confinement especially during cold season.

mrspiggy,
Congrats. So how are you going to cope when your 2nd one is out? I am also wondering how to cope without any helper.

shill09,
I am not sure about the ang pow as I have not engage confinement lady before.

Any SAHM here? How are you going to cope with 2 kids?

Hi taurus033 &amp; all MTB,

Thanks for the comforting words. This is my 1st time, so really duno anything. I'm see the gynea in 2 weeks time so will check on the scan again. =)

Any SAHMs here? Can I assume all of you here are working? How do you cope with your pregnancy while working?

I'm asking cos I work long and stressful hours everyday and I'm kinda worried how this will affect my pregnancy and the baby. Everyday I reach home at around 10plus, totally exhausted...dunno because of pregnancy or because I am really physically and mentally drained. Would like to get some advice or tips from fellow working ladies on how you manage.

Good morning to all mummies! And Congrats to all newcomers!
happy.gif

hi shill,

yes, i am chosing TMC, out of convinences because my gynae and bb doc is located there
happy.gif
not that i love that place the most! hahaahaaa...i think GlenE seems like a nicer place...

hi Taurus,

i am currently taking care of my 3.5 year old girl. I normally cook porridge for her breakfast before she goes to school at 11am, then i prepare dinner, it can be rice mostly, soup, dishes for my hb and myself. My daughter likes rice and soup, but its not a 5 days affair, i do take a break on Friday :p Sometimes i make simple one dish meal like fried rice when i am really tired.

As for confinement, i have not decided yet, the 1st time did not turn out well without a confinement lady, so this time my hb consider getting one seriously. Mainly we need to deal with 2 :p I did not want to neglect the elder one.

Now my daughter is having school holidays, i might have very little time to logon during daytime :p When she is around, i hardly have time for myself.

Hi Ashley,

i think it is most importantly for you to take care of your pregnancy than anything else. Work is secondary when comes to health
happy.gif
Huggies.

for me, i feel totally exhausted from household stuffs and taking care of my daughter, so i can imagine you working till so late. Please do rest well.

Hi Shihui,
Ya...so u are same block as my mum... haha.... my mum cant recall that she saw you before..she only can remember your hubby and son...

Hi Ashley,
dun feel so stress on work and preggy..... take your work easy...dun be too commit... as have to take care of your health too....

hmm..for me... i am consider the most lazy mummy...bcos my girl is care by my hardworking mum, as for housework, we engage a PT maid to clean the house once a week... so till now, i am so guilty to say that i didnt ever bath for my girl leh :S....

ashley
congrats! Mine #1 too. Working &amp; I got a very understanding boss. I told him that I'm tcc-ing this yr. And I just joined the company last Sept. He just gave me my confirmation.

All of you gals seems to be m/s-ing alot huh? Makes me wonder why I'm just bloated, having sore nipples &amp; gassy. Hmm...will my bb be ok?

taurus,
ya.. actually i heard fr many tt their sinseh told them can bath.. juz tt there's always the naggy thot of 'wat if' in my head.. hahaha.. :p but this time round, i think i shall secretly bathe.. hehehehe... :p

Ashley,
must try to relax.. ur health is more impt now.. for me, my work is not too stressful n not long hours.. but we hav to carry lots of heavy things (work in lab)... now i still haven't tell my colleagues.. so i'm still doing everything myself.. but i take note of my posture lor.. make sure i dun strain myself n use trolley as much as possible...

Sinkor,
haha.. ya.. i think ur mom will rem my hubby n boy more.. usually when i go for work, she's not there yet.. only see her on weekends or when i'm late.. hahaha.. :p

me too lah.. boy in childcare.. only cook dinner for him.. den hor, we oso engage PT helper to clean the house once a wk.. the rest of the time, my house like pigstyle.. dun even dare to open my door... :p

DeviLina,
dun worry lah... my MS haven't start yet.. onli tender breasts n crampy abd... still waiting for it to strike full force... :p

shihui
Okie okie...coz some of them hor...as early as 5wks...MS liao ...hahaha
maybe diff ppl have diff symptoms ah ...

Ashley,
The 1st trimester of the pregnancy is most crucial. Try not to strain yourself too much.

I had a miscarriage in Nov'08 at 5 weeks preggy, which I think was due to being too busy at work. We were moving office and warehouse at that time and had to work 2 weeks without off day and from 9 am till 12 midnight. When I reach home, can only collaspe on the sofa, don't even have energy to bathe and go to bed. But I kept pushing myself complete the move, as I was in-charge of this project. Once the office and warehouse move was over my body reacted with teh MC.

So try not to stress too much and listen to your body signal and take rest whenever you feel tired.

Hi Shihui,
ur working hour seem to be good leh.... i have to leave home by 7-730am liao leh....
wow...at least u better than me...still cook for hubby...i didnt cook for him at all :S
Hi Devilina,
dun worry....my #1..no MS at all.... so really diff pple diff symtoms...

Back