(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Wow, the thread is moving real fast. Congrats to all the mummies-to-be. My appt is only scheduled with Dr Jocelyn Wong (TMC) at my 8 weeks cos of the long queue. Being a 1st timer and abit anxious, went to Dr Tan at Thomson Medical Clinic (East Coast). She did a v-scan and being 5 wks pregnant, can't see the heartbeat. As i have no morning sickeness, she just prescribed Duphaston to stablise my pregancy (as it was only the 1st tri). Anyone has any side effect from the medication? The EDD should be around 2 Nov. Guess should be doing the blood test soon (Eekk...)

congrats twinkle star
I'm taking the progesterone pills too. No side effects ah...maybe juz abit of giddiness.

how come got pills to take? i don't remember taking anything for my #1 except folic acid. this time as I haven't went to gynae, i bought the folic acid from guardian instead...

Hi Shihui,

wow...then did i see u before boh...bcos my #1 is quite "high profile" in the neighbouring block leh..haha... as my mum everyday will bring her downstair walk walk so make many friends....

ya...i know afcai and some other mummies...so how old is your #1?? maybe i know him/her! wahaha...

Hi Twinklestar, we are having the same gynae (Dr Joycelyn Wong)!...yes..her queue super long that i manage to book her on next wed which then i will be on wk 7 preggy...

same as ariesgal, i didnt take any pills except folic acid for starting.... so no idea wat is Duphaston too!

ask u all, do we put on very fast for #2? cos although i'm only in my 6 wks, but i feel as if i put on quite a bit liao.... even chest bones like expanded... cos my clothes suddenly feel so tight....

hi Vic Ma,

I hope to breast feed my #2 this time round
happy.gif

by the way, my elder was born on Aug 2005, thanks for helping to update
happy.gif

Not sure when my EDD is, should be around 10Nov, will update again once i visit the gyane next week.

arielsgal - yes i think we will put on pretty fast for #2. I already put on 3kg over a week and the gynae told me to watch out my diet. I feel hungry every 2-3hrs, so will look for food..
happy.gif

Shihui - Hows your appetite so far? Did you put on alot for your #1? I put on like 23.5kg for my first and managed to lose all after 9 months....heehee

ASHM, really? jialat...... actually i don't eat a lot more.... just that last time i usually won't finish my rice but this time i cleaned up every single grain.....but even then, i feel as if i've bulked up quite a big.... and my clothes are feeling tight...... jialat..... my #1 i put on 16kg leh and even then, my appetite was not so good during 1st tri..... but with this #2, my appetite like very good lor right from beginning... jialat...

ASHM, wah 23.5kg and lose all in 9 months? i actually lost more than what i gained after 4 months cos i was bfeeding then... but i stopped when my gal was 6 months cos i was busy travelling for work and since then, i gained 4kg more than my pre-preg weight and has never lost it till now..... so for #2, i hope to bfeed longer if possible...... keep the weight off...

arielsgal - its ok la, can eat better than no appetite to eat correct. My girlfriend is also pregant with #1 and she eats very healthily all the time - she eats loades of fruits!! I cant do that but again i tell myself what the heck, just try to lose all after #2 come out.

wow...at least u all gain and lose!
Me put on 25kg for #1 leh!! then cant lose all
sad.gif

so keep console myself after #2 will die die lose weight but .....super hard lor as i love to eat
sad.gif

Shihui, I'm staying in Johannesburg and the good gynae here are always fully booked! i'v called a few and they said the earlies appointment is end march if not April! Thank God that there's an empty slot today and I'm going to see him later! =)

So excited to know I'm how many weeks preggy!

hi all

is it true that we wont lose off what we did not lose off for 1st pregnancy? i so scared now...
i put on 13kg for 1st baby cos i am heavy to start with.... so i actually make sure i did not put on a lot for health reasons...now i still got 5 kg havent lose off leh!!!
anyone giving birth at TMC?

nagsterak
I've chosen TMC as well ...my gynae asked me to choose betw Mt E & TMC...decided to go for TMC.

according to the online calculation, i'm due on 2nd Nov 2009 and 6 weeks & 2 days preggy, having my very 1st #1 =)

Hi Devilina,

i do feel some pulling here and there at the abdominal
happy.gif
i think it is making space to grow.
i will also be at TMC, since my gynae is located there :p

Hi all!!

Will be joining u ladies/ Nov mum-to-be!
happy.gif
This is my 2nd pregnancy. Have yet to see a gynae tho cuz just tested +ve, so roughly is 4 weeks 3 days. Have usual morning sickness encountered already and some pregnancy symptoms as well...Hope it won't last so long like my 1st pregnancy, hopefully.

reenie
yep i do feel slight cramps that comes on & off. But nothing too serious. So when is ur EDD?

Jing Hui
So glad to see u here! Hahaha...finally a familiar chatter. What kinda m/s are u experiencing?

wow, a lot of 2nd time mummy here...... hehe...
i do feel cramps last week.... in fact quite frequent but it went off towards the end of the week and now only once in a while i will feel the cramps...
jinghui so fast got morning sickness already? the last one, mine came at wk 8 - 9 but not very serious kind.... just will vomit mostly in the morning esp if i am hungry.... so far for #2, yet to really feel anything except that the ms seems to be coming more in the evening / nights rather than morning....

ariesgal: I am sharing the same experience! feeling my chest has expanded and the clothes are getting uncomfortable. My breast are feeling sore and seems to get slightly bigger. OMG.. there are still at least 8-9 mths to go

DevLina: Apparently, I have not gone for my blood test yet and was prescribed Duphaston. At 1st, I was skeptical but called again and understand from the nurse, the gynae has always given Duphaston to stablise the pregnancy and she is highly recommended by a few friends.

Sinkor: It was quite hard to get an appt with Dr Jocelyn Wong that i have to wait until my 8 weeks (thus have went to any gynae to confirm pregnancy 1st). But I'm ok as I should be able to see the baby's heartbeat by then and more tests will be done.

AL: I think we are in the same pregnancy stage
happy.gif

I dun suffer from morning sickness thought feel nausea at times. have no particular craving (but cheese prata and curry is top on my list) but I'm do get sick at the sight of FISH. I used to love fish alot but now try not to think too much and just gobble it down. yesterday, I saw a bowl of rice with a fried fish (whole) at the coffeeshop and i nearly lose my appetite. Does anyone feel the same? I wonder if there is a subsitute for fish's nutrients (that will be good
happy.gif
)

twinkle star
Yep my gynae oso wan to stabilise the pregnancy. I asked him why the drop in my progesterone level. He said it aint alarming. As long as hCG is doubling, it's alrite.
You can substitute with fish oil tablets.

catmon,

Usually, once I get up from bed with empty stomach, I'll fell nauseous then throw up. But since it's morning, haven't have anything yet, have nothing to throw up, just some acidic wind I guess.

aries_gal,

Ya, surprisingly my MS came in so early. My 1st pregnancy as well actually but it was rather evening sickness hehe. Then it went off eventually starting from 8-9 weeks onwards. Gynae also surprised as he said normally the peak of MS is from 8 weeks onwards.

Twinkle Star,

Ya, I do get sick of fish as well during my 1st pregnancy (altho fish has been my fav food!), esp steam fish!! Yucks!! I really threw up the last time when I tried to force myself to have a bite. Only in the 2nd trimester I'm ok with fish. Current pregnancy still ok, haven't start to get sick of it yet, but I'm sure will be very soon. I supposed it's the hcg level in our body that triggers our heigthening of smell, thus will be particular to certain smell & food and craving for certain food as well.

Many 2nd time mommy here ya...Can share and exchange experience, hehe.

Nice to meet all btw
happy.gif

twinkle star,
congrats!
happy.gif

Sinkor,
hmmm.. maybe i saw ur gal b4.. i always see one auntie with curly hair n specs bringing a bb to walk walk leh..

my boy is now 2 years 3 mths.. quite low profile.. :p

ariesgal,
i dunnoe leh.. my house's weighing balance juz ran out of batt few mths ago n i still haven't replace it yet.. :p but hor, my colleagues commented tt i'm putting on weight.. but still haven't let them know the gd news lah..

ASHM,
so far appetite still gd.. waiting for the onset of MS.. for #1, my MS was so bad tt i lost 4kg during my 1st tri n got admitted into hosp for drip as i was badly dehydrated.. now getting worried.. hope MS won't be as bad... i lost all my preg weight within a year.. but hor once i stop breastfeeding, i gain back all my preg kg again...

AL,
ohh.. Johannesburg ah.. i only stopover there to go cape town.. :p gd tt u managed to book an appt today..
happy.gif

DeviLina,
yupyup.. i'm oso experiencing mild cramps on n off.. wondering if it's due to my tight pants anot.. hahaha... :p but for my last preg, i oso had mild cramps during the first tri...

Jing Hui,
Congrats!! wah.. so fast MS liao ah.. currently, the only symptoms i hav is tender breast onli..

Shihui,

Thanks. How many weeks/months are u now? Tell u hor, my early pregnancy symptoms really can detect it very early ler! :p Since around 9 days past ovulation, I started to have cramps (stich-like and needle poking like pain), dehydration-like (feels thirsty ALL the time and keep on drinking), frequent urination, bloated and gassy (burping and farting...oops :p) for 3-4 days in a row right up until now, backache, sleepy and tired and tender breasts. U see, it's like almost all the early pregnancy symptoms I've got!! =P Say I'm not pregnant also cannot liao cuz too many symptoms already!

Anyway, I tested HPT very early when I suspected I'm.....with all the symptoms. Couldn't believe it was really +ve (Pregnant) on a Clearblue digital when tested 4 days BEFORE menses is due!! :p So was asking around here whether I could get a false +ve or not, haha...silly me!! :p Some convinced me that I won't and am very preggy!

Then to double confirm, I tested again on the day my period is due and indeed it's +ve la! Really silly me la...!...doink...!

wow.... some of u M/S kicked in liao....
for me.... so far is frequent urination, and breast 'swollen" leh...dunno y...breast feel so painful now.... keep massaging :S

Hi Shihui,
Ya...that auntie is my mum and that tomboy is my girl lor.... hahaha...

Congrats to all Nov'09 mum-to-be !
happy.gif

Sinkor,
Can shop again but this round can't shop too much cause need to save up for 2nd baby.

Shihui,
Yah I remember u. Congrats to you too.

Jinghui,
Wow u experience so many symptoms this early. So far I only feel tired expecially after bringing my girl to and back from school, also slightly bloated.

Just a question to all 2nd time mummies, how will you be having your confinement done. Will confinement lady help to take care of our 1st child? Really headache. Me very kiasu already think until confinement.

Jing Hui,
wah... really all symptoms of pregnancy leh..
happy.gif
it took me 3 tests over 4 days to make myself believe tt i'm preg too... hahaha... but till now, still in a state of disbelief... i think i will need to see bb's heartbeat to be convinced.. hahaha.. :p

Sinkor,
oh... so it's really ur mom n ur gal lah.. they really very high profile leh.. i see them almost everyday.. hehehe... my hubby said tt ur mom shd hv seen my boy too.. every morning, my hubby n boy will pass by them while on the way to childcare center.. hubby said they r really easy to recognise coz both father n son got the super 'dao' look.. hhahaha.. :p

taurus,
not too early to think of confinement lah.. i oso thinking of confinement issue liao.. i even wonder if i shd start interviewing potential CL... :p

mine will be rather straightforward as my son is in childcare now.. he will continue childcare during my confinement.. so most likely, i juz need CL to look aft him at night.. or maybe i can entertain him myself until his bedtime...

Shihui,
But me very niao. Actually I dun like stranger staying at my house and may not be comfortable with the presence of a confinement lady. My first confinement I got confinement catering and had my mum to help me out but this round mum unable to help so have to think of other options. Is there a part time helper to just come in and help out with the chores? Does confinement lady do the grocery shopping or we are the one to do it?

taurus,
i know during my mom's time, there are aunties who will juz come to bath bb n wash laundry.. but not sure if there's still pple in this trade anot..

last time for my confinement, my in laws helped me to buy the grocery.. so the CL dun need to do marketing.. but hor, my fren who's doing confinement now, her hubby bring the CL to giant to do marketing once a wk...

shihui & taurus
how much is goin rate for Confinement Ladies these days?
anyone have any recommendation for Malay Massage lady too?
happy.gif

Hi Shihui,
dun tell me u are staying same blk as my mum huh? haha...yaya.... they are super high profile as my girl every morning will shout "WALK WALK"!! and she makes many friends as most of those granny with grandchild are from Hillview one... haha...

Hi taurus,
stop the shopping for a time being liao... bcos need to know #2 gender then can shop again! wahaha

As for confinement, my mum will do for me as usual... i think the current rate is 1.8k & above right?

Good morning mummies!!!!
happy.gif
Congrats to those tested positive
happy.gif
Same here i am so eager to see my bb heartbeat.

wow the thread is moving really fast!

Hi DeviLina,

i guess my EDD will be around 10 November, not sure till i see gynae next week. i have not started taking any folic acid though....probably get from the gynae next week.

Hi mummies,

Talking about pregnancy symptoms, now my mouth feel abit "bitter" at evening hours...i hate it. Besides that i feel really tired and sleep really early now.

hi Taurus,

You mentioned about Confinement Catering, are they good? Can i have the contact? i have not decide if i am getting a CL, though hubby is very keen this time round. The 1st time we didn't engage because my mum offered to help but didn't turned out well, as she fall sick within a week and forgotten how to bathe a newborn and all the little stuffs, ended up i have no real confinement and hubby took leaves to help out.

Hi Sinkor,

same here, we wanted to know the gender before we can start to shop
happy.gif
IF bb #2 is a girl, then most likely my elder clothings can be reused...hahaahaa..otherwise i must invest in some boyish clothings.

morn ladies

shihui
preggy means preggy liao. Someone told me ah a line on HPT is a LINE, no matter hw faint...so means positive.
yah yah ...mild cramps. No MS for me yet...juz very gassy, frequent urination (even @ nite) & sore nipples..

shill
congrats! I tink we've the same EDD. I checked mine online too. Will only cfm nex wk with gynae.
As for massage ladies ah, I tink I have the website. Wil lfind & update u later ya.

reenie
u can buy folic acid from guardian. I tink abt $3. Cheap cheap ....and it's the one most clinics are using.

Morn all...

Haha, wow...I noticed all EDD almost the same date and very very close to each other.

reenie,

Actually is best to take folic acid as early as u can as it can avoid birth defects. As for me, I already taken it 1 or 2 months before hand and am taking it a tablet every morning. Try to get some 1st from the pharmacy.

Heard many people complaining about bad service of confinement lady, almost 9 and a half out of ten confinement ladies hired. Very hard to get a good one ler...

As for my 1st pregnancy, my mum in law helped out and been very helpful. Almost all the chores she did, including taking care of my son very well. Am very grateful to her. After all, she's an experienced child carer (used to be a nanny) and cook superb confinement food as well. So this time round she'll be most likely to help out as well. Lucky can get along well with mum in law :p

hi all

i also already worrying about confinement...
i wont get a CL cos i also did not have one for my 1st preg, my MIL cook b4 going to work and my mum cook and bring to me on alternate days...the rest of the time, i took care of baby myself, wash bottles, clothes, feed, pump milk everything....siong but save $2k!

but now 2nd one i think bo bian must get one maid leow...if not when maternity 4 months also not possible for me to take care of baby plus my 21 mths (by that time baby is born)....

i went for my 1st checkup yesterday eventually .. now having horrible bouts of morning sickness .. but doctor says my edd should be around 1st week of november so i guess im here ...
I nt even worrying abt confinement yet im more worried about surviving through the bouts of pukings ...
sad.gif

hmz my gynae says im 5wks+ nt yet 6 wks but close to but very fortunately im able to see the heartbeat but nt hear the heartbeat yet yesteday

Back