(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

for those who want to give teachers' day presents, self-made cards are the best. cookies, or best would be red pens!

hahaha.. glass is speaking from experience!!! i think if buy red pens, maybe can just stick a nice small card on it, or put a little flower for female teachers and a little car for male teachers..

dreamygal: next year i have some pending overseas trips. i can dont go lah.. but really want to go. otherwise my #2 come out i no need to go again. haha. there's an emporium every march in burma.. very hard to get into burma unless got invitation.

sweetzinc : I don't know leh. Maybe i tried too hard. Haa... I was looking through the photos, couldn't find one that shows clearly.
happy.gif

But saw all the photos taken at the hospital, makes me excited once again...

So happy...

1st photo of Glynnis...

2773349.jpg

mie mie: haha... not so simple, was going to typed more but needed to upload some photos for work urgently.

Anyway, some tips i picked up regarding Gestational Diabetes. Hope it can help those that are affected too:

1.The dietician gave me a 1800 calories/day formula. Try to go for low calories, but highly nutritious food. We still need to take carbo, cos it gives us energy. Stuff like brown rice, wholemeal bread is good. White rice is ok, but restrict to 1 medium bowl for lunch and dinner. 1 medium bowl is about 12 table spoons, or the spread of your palm size (not piled up like a mountain).

2. Can substitute the white rice for potatoes, yam, tampioca. About 3 egg-sized potatoes = 1 bowl of medium rice.

3. Try to have 3 main meals and 3 snacks everyday. The time difference between meals and snacks is about 2-4 hours apart. Reason for doing so is it will regulates your sugar. Say for instance, if you don't have a snack in between, and you gap 6 hours between meals, you will feel very hungry and eat more than what you should during your main meal. This causes a big sugar spike in your blood. So the purpose of the snack is to kinda control your body's craving for sugar. A snack is like 1 slice of wholemeal bread or 3 whole wheat crackers/0.5 of a small meat pau with a cup of low-fat milk. For the main meal, it's like the rice amt described above, with some meat and a large portion of vegetables.

siangjiao>> thanks for sharing!!
my gynae told me the same thing, but... i wun be full from eating that little bit of food leh.. the past week i have been taking 6 small meals a day, but end up hungry still.. and how can you be full with 1/2 a small meat pau? i need one tua pau leh... but pau they say is deadly, coz the bread is super sweet..

4. In short, for GD diet, no sweet stuff and no fatty stuff. Apparently, fatty stuff will line our stomach preventing the body from absorbing the sugar, so the sugar will go into our blood stream. We can have unlimited portion of veges (not potato, yam that kind) and unlimited amt of soup w/o the meat (not those creamy kinds). But veges should not be soaking in oil that kind.

5. Fruits wise, Durian is a no-no
sad.gif
Just one seed already hit our daily quota for fruit. Avoid dragon fruit too.

6. Milk is still strongly recommended as we need to have calcium for our babies to build healthy bones, but only go for the low-fat or skimmed ones. Can substitute with no-fat yogurt if you are not a milk person.

dreamygal: so touching to see the photo right? haha.. i wonder if i would cry or laugh or just fall asleep when baby first comes out. one thing i'm sure is that my hb sure cry.. hahaha... he's more emo than me..

dreamygal: thanks for sharing the photo.so nice... can't wait to see my baby.

mie mie: apprarently, 1/2 a meat pau is better than choosing a curry puff. Snack portion are really small, they're just there to regulate the sugar crave. Can take the snack with a serviing of fruit or with a cup of low fat milk.

i got some other stuff to share, but i'll typed along the day as i recall. My notes not very orgnanized and network quite slow today.

hey, does your babies have hiccups all the time. I feel mine hiccupping at least once a day. Sometimes very soft, got once it was quite strong, that my husband was convince it's the heartbeat not the hiccups.

7. Avoid fruit juice cos to make that one glass, many fruits go into it. And fruits have natural sugar in it. It's better to take fresh fruits as we can take in the fibre at the same time which aids in the sugar absorption

8. Back to carbo, go for those kwey teow, bee hoon. Yellow mee, even mee sua have very high carbohydrates content. Spaghetti is fine. 1 medium bowl of these noodles = 1 medium bowl of rice.

9. And walk for at least 1/2 hour after meals. Exercise does help lower sugar levels. Walking also will improve contipation problem, cos as you move, you'll stimulate your intestines as well.

10. We are free to eat the confinement food after delivery. Dun have to control like these 6 meals regime as typically GD will subside within 6 weeks. However, as GD mums are more prone to developing diabetes later stage in our life, we still cannot go overboard with sugar. As confinement food tend to be sweet/oily, just gently remind our CL or mums to go easy on the oil and sugar

Sounds tough right, but we just have to bear with it for 2 months and it's all for the good for ourselves and our baby. =) Jia you! (There is this little handbook; i'll see if i can scan and upload in facebook)

I was talking about the cut with the nurse yesterday. She used to be a mid wife and from her experience of having 3 kids, she said apparently, the labor pains are worse than the cut, so most mums do not feel the cut at all. Typically, the gynae will choose to cut at the climax of the contractions. Seeing my terrified face, she quickly added that a local painkiller will be injected to numb the area.

oh i forgot to add, breastfeeding is highly recommended for GD mums cos it will regulate the hormonal levels. As insulin is a hormone itself, our system will likely return as before faster.

WOW siangjiao>> that is a lot of info! ok, now i know mee sua are nono and spaghetti (includes pasta too ya) is ok.. i always link spaghetti to the yellow mee coz of the colour.. wahaha
appreciate all the effort to type out everything leh.. :D

dreamygal: yeah. planning for #2. cos i want early year baby.. like march or april. so by calculation, will have to ttc starting june next year. i want my kids to have max gap of 2years. then within 4years, max 6 years i can stop production. haha...

mie / sweetzinc / siangjiao : Ya. But her her hair dropped by the 4th mth leh.
happy.gif

I saw the photo again, and it brought back a lot of memories. I knew you all will like it because all of us are waiting for our little angel to arrive.
happy.gif

I remembered i told my hubby must must must take one picture of her on the weighing scale. So the moment Glynnis came out, i chased him away to take photos. Haa...

Hee... Hope no one think i am spamming the thread with all the personal photos.
happy.gif

ong : I did not go in to see this thread. Now then i know... Thanks for sharing. Can seriously consider. Quite nice. Seems simple enough for my girl.

blink : I am actually hoping for a rabbit #3 but am scared that the gap is too close. I see my hubby's sister situation - by the time her #3 comes out, her girl is about 20 mths. So not like Glynnis where she's well aware that didi is coming and what to expect. Am scared that #2 will have problem adjusting. Maybe i worry too much. I always worry for nothing... Sooner or later, i will be mad... :p

Dreamygal>> i will also want him to take a photo of the baby on the weighing scale! hehehe :D:D
My no2 i want a rabbit and no 3 i want a horse. haha
gonna skip dragon and snake :D
gonna close factory before i turn 28 haha!

Mine was pig, cow and wanna rabbit... But may go for dragon instead... Hee...

See if i can get rabbit tail or not...
happy.gif

wah, you all planning for the next one liao ah... actually, in a way me too, cos my hubby is not young anymore. I'll still like a 2 year gap, so hehehe, i think we can try baby dancing June next year onwards ... Next year is tiger and the year after is rabbit?

mie mie: if you cook mee sua in the water and leave it for a while, the soup base will become very thick, because it is very starchy. At least that's how the dietician explains.

Hahaha... i'm starting to be super slack in the office, so foruming once in a while. haha, too slack liao.. i better pick up something to do man..

Hi,
I'm new to this thread. My baby gal is due 25th Oct 2009. I'm diagnosed with GD last week.

Thanks singjian for the tips on GD diet.

Btw, there is a Isetan Baby Fair 7Aug-27Aug.
The usual baby stuffs brands like Avent, Pigeon, Combi, First Year etc having 20% discount. Time to stock up baby stuffs before our tummies get too big to go shopping.

Dreamygal>> dragon v competitive sia haha next time i think v hard to find school from pri all the way till uni... hehe if rabbit then will be the same as the daddy lol...

Celine>> welcome !! :D:D ooo iseatan baby fair haa thanks for sharing with us ! but i think they're more looking forward towards the taka one lol!

dreamygal: not to worry.. cos ur glynnis will teach her #1 didi about your #3. by then she's quite grown up already. my sis' #1 and #2 only 17mths gap. age gap strictly speaking was only 1year. so shouldnt be a prob.. btw, my hb saw glynnis' pic and said," wah! so cute!".. haha.. he's going to be elated when he sees his own girl.

just now i typed a whole lot of reply, then kena blocked (company websense again la, wad else).. shit de man..

i wanted to comment on the baby too!

i wanna a year end rabbit, if dun have, end up as dragon head, also ok for me.. coz number 2 will have the jiejie to pull him/her into primary school liao ma.. and sec school is by merit de, so no worries la..

nubmer 3 i hope to have a horse / goat, and number 4 will be rooster! then i close shop liaoz.. aiya all these subject to my hubby's approval also lo.. until now is im the one who keeps saying i want to have 4.. he dowan to co-operate, i can forget abt having number 2 and 3 and 4 also! wahahaha

siangjiao>> means if i take the meesua straight after cooking, should be better? or i can choose not to drink the soup ya? my gynae told me even if take those beehoon soup etc, im not allowed to finish the soup..

sweet/mie: u girls still got pretty good appetite yeah... haha.. nowadays my appetite is not so good.. indigestion is back.. never puke.. but cant really eat..

blink

me too,cant eat much nowadays. but some ppl say due to tummy bigger, or bb head already turn...tats y cant eat much... u dont worries hor...

lin: thanks. i hope its true.. the last time i see gyne, baby's head is up. i think i was working too hard then.. last two days i try to sleep and lie down more.. also walk around a little more.. baby's kicks seem to be higher. so i guess rest helps.

so for all who are working very hard, please have more rests..

loke>> i super gian all the food coz i cannot anyhow eat now! hahaha.. the more they tell me cannot eat, the more i feel like eating...

its not helping that everyone is mentioning durians, longans, rambutans in the thread!
and when i go to the BP forum, i click on cheesecake BP, popcorn BP, all the foodie BPs..
and im hungry now.. ROAR!!

crap.. my hb just gave my fil a cake in a box..
and there was a flattened cockroach underneath the cake.. the cockroach is hairy one somemore.

haHahAHAha!!!!

sweetzinc : True hor. I only thought of primary school. Was thinking #3 will not have problem getting into pri school. But true, a lot of dragon, a lot of competition.

blink : That why i say i always think too much loh. My hubby sister not worry, i worry for her. Hee...
I'm sure your hubby will be so touched that he shed tears. I got one photo where he held both Glynnis' leg on one palm, he loves that photo a lot.
happy.gif

mie : He don't want to cooperate? Seduce him then.
kao_wink.gif

My hubby forbid me to order those vitamin through sprees.

loke,
hahaha... then you wont wanna eat it. great right?! no worries about can or cannot eat.
happy.gif
thot of popping by suntec last weekend. but had back to back intense MJ sessions. hahaha... eh, i'm unemployed lah. gotta let isabel earn some "jia yong" for me leh... so u wanna go burma for what huh? buy red rubies? eh, get (how to spell) papara-whatever (its blood pigeon isn't it?) red rubies there cheaper or not?
happy.gif

miemie,
very ambitious plans hor? pei fu pei fu. i dun wanna count my chicks b4 they hatch. like my HB says, lets see how i survive #1 then we can talk about #2. hahahaha...

sweetzinc,
wah lau! close shop by 28. shiok lah. i can only think of all the tax rebates u'r gonna get. they should give you national service award for this. bwahahahaha... or one of those whatever service medals. national contribution you know?! bwahahaha...

siangjiao,
thanks for sharing the dietitians tips on nutrition and diet. hmm... lets not mention what i had for lunch, or tea for that matter hahahaha...

dreamygal,
glynnis very cute when NB, now also. can be your live model on your site. cool hor?

fifi>> you'd better not mention wad you had for lunch and tea! just the "cheesecake" word is making me go bonkers already! hahahahahaha

4 very ambitious ah? coz both hubby and i are from a family of 4 siblings ma.. so i thot of continue-ing the trend.. hahaha

dreamygal>> seduce ah.. wahahaha.. dun make me start all the dirty talk here leh.. *shy* somemore all of us in 3T now, if i say too much, later you all BTH how? wahahaha

dreamygal, your bb so cute. didnt know that newborns can have sooooo much hair! :eek:
I worried leh. Coz I intend to go for c-section. if like yours come out 10 days earlier, it is even earlier than my c-section planned date!

jrt.. I hope my bb comes out later than 38 weeks. Heard the longer they stay in there the better.

oh ya... have alot of things to wash leh. even the washing makes me excited. haha.

mie: u r funny... i think now we all also not in the mood for that manz.. i'm totally off.. wahaha.

hippo: haha. if u popped by last weekend.. i'm sure ur jiayong will be gone. hehe.. i wanna go burma to see see look look.. walk around and see if i can get anything interesting. the paparascha one is sapphire.. not ruby. ruby's top quality colour is called pigeon blood. but i prefer the pinkier ones. more outstanding. pigeon blood price is phenomenal.. my burmese friend brought to singapore last weekend.. 3ct pigeon blood ruby.. whole piece costs $80k. but it was a gorgeous piece.

ddnikz: yeah. the longer they stay in there, the better.. but not more than 40weeks. cos bb wont have enough space and bb would need even more nutrients.

fifi : Thanks ya.
happy.gif

Very very soon you will be carrying your own. Excited ya???
Maybe #2, i will get him to endorse milk bags then. Since i don't have boy's clothing.
happy.gif

mie : I knew it!! You can get him to cooperate... Haa...
My hubby also got 3 elder siblings, so he feel its good to have more children. Actually a lot of our friends don't understand why we wanna go beyond 2 and some will even warn us not to hope that they will take care of us when we are old.
Hmm... But we never want them to take care of us. We wanted our own time back when they grow up.
happy.gif

dreamygal>> talking about milk bags, i wanna get the blue egg milkbags from you.. but hor, everyday i go home liao i lazy to switch on my laptop..

ya lo, we also never expect my children to take care of us when we grow old.. this is wad era already! i also dowan to stay with them when i grow old lo.. i wanna stay with my hubby nia, and have our "lao ren er ren shi jie".. hahaha

ddnikz : It depends. My hubby sister's #2 came out, i think 3 weeks earlier. Her EDD was 1 may but c-sect on 8th April. Hers is planned c-sect but gynae wanted her to bring earlier the date as her placenta is aging (don't know if this is the right word to use) and the baby is not growing anymore.

shugar : My hubby is hairy leh... So baby hairy also.
lol.gif

mie : No problem. That's the last carton i have le. Just let me know how many boxes you want me to reserve for you.
Used to import direct from Korea but now they have a distributor in Singapore and they are controlling the price. The cost price they are offering me is my selling price!! So going to finish what i have and not sell Blue egg anymore.

Bringing in other brands.
happy.gif

mie : We were discussing yesterday. We will go buy a 1 room. Don't want anything but must have a bed, big tv and 2 nice massage chair.

Everyday, will go for 3 hrs breakfast cum lunch. Spend afternoon watching tv. Go out for dinner in the evening. Come back, sit on massage chair then sleep.

We will hire a 3 hours part time cleaner to come over on Sat to do washing, ironing and misc cleaning. Haa...

If kids wanna come back for dinner on weekends, then we will all eat out. No cooking. Haa...

Every few mths, go on a short getaway.
happy.gif

Back