(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

Hello >_<

Oh daiso got big ziplock bag? I will go and have a look later. yar, there is a lot of stuff to clean and wash. I m doing by batches now
happy.gif

wow, dreamgal's bb got so much nice black hair!

The other day my hb asked when I would like to have #2 too. As we both not young, I thought maybe in the next 2 years. He then said "should try right away say 6 months after #1 is born". I almost fainted. haha

By the way, at TMC, when do we inform the hosiptal that we want bb to bunk with us in a single bedded room? After delivery? And will there be a comfortable sofa bed or something for hb to spend the night too? I m looking forward to the hospital tour this weekend to find out more
happy.gif

hippo: hahahaha, never tried smelling :p

wah! doberman x rottweiler?? sounds like a lethal mix to me leh! Scary.. :s
My cousin's got a crazed adopted mongrel that bites everyone in sight except for my cousin... heard even their vet is terrified of it!

wa... so many have pets! And all so cute! I dun have any. All the important men in my life dun seem to like pets. Last time when staying with parents, my dad said "NO PETS!". Now, hubby says same thing. Haiz... I can only go frens' homes and play with their pets.

btw, I just bought a BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy in white! So cool!!!!! And it looks super comfy! If u girls haven't bought a baby carrier, can consider this one. It's got a more porous and breathable fabric than the Bjorn Active carrier - better for Singapore weather. Oh, and I bought it for abt £70 (~SGD168) in the UK. Super good deal. I tot about starting a BP for it, but then shipping cost may make it only slightly cheaper than getting one in Singapore. Anyway, check it out. It's really 1 of my best buys! =) So happy.....

Hi Mummies!

Just back from my gynae appointment. According to my gynae, baby is growing well weighting at 1.5kg @ 30weeks. All is good with baby still heading down. We discussed cord blood banking and have decided not to go ahead with it. My hubby went with me today and when he saw baby's weight, he exclaimed, "what? so little? Our Ryan is 2.99kg when he's born!" I had to remind him that our baby is not going to come out now, he has got another 2.5months to grow bigger! Men O men!

I don't have any pet photos to share but I do have my first born's photo. This is the one that I love. A sleeping Ryan dozing off....
2779177.jpg

elly,
^5! i bot the same thing! from amazon.com. there's a BP selling it for S$215 i think.
happy.gif

sotong,
ryan look a bit like "buay kam guan" like that. hehe... but still cute nonetheless. 1.5kg @ 30 weeks is ok right? ryan was quite small when he was born hor? ... hmmm...

mrsL>>yeah all single bedded room has a sofa bed for the husband to stay over night.. but need to pay a companion fee (depending on which suite u staying.. some up to a few hundreds per night) the companion fee includes all 3 meals for the husband hehe.

I went for the hosp tour (11am slot) and they only showed us those every expensive rooms haa the lady said the 2pm slot can show more rooms coz most of the patients would have discharged liao.

Fifi: ^5 back! It's such a fantastic carrier, isn't it? I couldn't resist getting the white one even though it may get dirty easily. White looks great on me. Ha!

Sotong mum: Ryan is so adorable! I can't wait to see how my girl looks like. Will she have my eyes, nose, lips etc etc etc etc.... I'm SO CURIOUS!

Maybe we shld start a FB group for everyone on this thread so that we can all get to see each other's babies!

hippo,

haha now that you said it, he does look a bit "buay kam guan"! I personally feel that 2.99kg is a good weight. Easy to push out and not too difficult to take care. You said he's small ah, look at this photo
2779313.jpg

Guess he's a slim boy cos from birth, he had been a "long" baby and is the tallest boy in his class thoughout his schooling days.

Elly,

Thanks! We had always wanted 2 kids but it has never occure to me that I will have 2 boys! I wanted a gal so much. Recently I told my hubby that dunno if I will regart if we did not try for a girl cos I want to know if my girl will look like me, just like what you said, will she have my everything and be as pretty as her mum? ;-p

elly,
its already there. october babies 2009. go have a look. no babies pics yet. but lots of spree pics. courtesy of miemie &amp; sweetzinc. ;) heh!

oooh! Yes, it's there! I just joined the FB group! Thanks!! =)
I'm sure that group will be filled with baby photos come october, or maybe even september. ^_^

Sotong mum: Maybe u will want to try for a girl some time later. U never know. Vera has 2 sons, and her #3 is a girl!! She can start to buy nice hair clips and dresses to doll the baby up. I want to try for a boy after this one. It'll b perfect to have 1 girl 1 boy. But i'll never know until it comes.

elly,

haha tt's cos i duno the word DIE haha cheong first den think. erm.. think my gal will b tomboy with the 2 monkeys ard her haha

mrsL : Yes. There is a sofa bed. And you can just let the nurse know when you want the baby in the room.
The last time, my hubby pushed Glynnis out to the nurse in the middle of the night cos she kept crying and we couldn't stop her. We were both exhausted with entertaining all the visitors. No choice, abandon baby... Haa... But my hubby said the nurses there really powerful. When the nurse opened the nursery door, a lot a lot of babies were crying inside at the same time. But the nurse still opened the door with a super nice smile. I think i will just go mad if i;m in there.

fifi : At least my pom is so small, so not able to do much harm. Just bleed a bit. But he really very poor thing. His teeth were all rotten, his back leg got slight problem and he was so fierce when he first came to us. Now, he's a much more loving dog le.

sweetzinc : Ya. I think most dog will. There will be one or 2 favourites.
happy.gif

mie : Your smelly pillow is the one you kept since you were a baby?? Then that must be powerful... Haa...

lin : My HP batt totally flat le, charging now.

I have just emailed you all the info you need. If in doubt, just ask.

Hope you see this post.
happy.gif

pei yu: i booked the 11am tour this sat becos my gynae visit is 9:30am. but every time we have to wait for an hour or so before our turn to see gynae especially on sat. if we run late on sat, and usually my hb will be famished after the long wait, we might go for lunch first then return to join the 2pm tour
happy.gif
hope to see those normal single bedded suite.

Dreamygal: must be very tired after entertaining so many visitors. my hb will definitely cry for help if bb cried the whole night and he can't get his beauty sleep! hehe

hi all, how has everyone been?

hippo: i got to tell u this. i was trying to catch up with this thread yesterday afternoon. while listening ot my students present.. then i saw fifi's photo.. and i left it as it is.. then when i finish giving my presentation (projected from my laptop).. i closed my ppt and there it goes.. fifi's picture was projected on the class's screen.. omg :p..
hey .. students blur.. didn't realise i was surfing this thread when listening to them.. they only wondered how come got a picture of a dog suddenly appeared on their screen.. heh.. ops! me caught red handed :p

wah.. all the photos of very cute dogs! then other day.. teng was in the swimming session. then got one condo resident came down to walk her dogs.. teng was fearless.. went and stroked on of the chihuahuas! lucky that chihuahua is unusually tame.. for a chihuahua.. heh.. then after that teng was holding on to its leash and walking it roun the condo vicinity! hahaha. my timid boy dun fear animals.. now that is a good news for me.. i am definitely going to expose him to nature..
happy.gif

hippo: u dun like dobermman? it happens to be my fav breed of dogs :p.. hey. next comes the pomeranian :p .. if i ever get to keeping dogs.. it would be these two breeds..

sotong: ryan is chubby.. but no fight for teng at that age.. i should go and dig his obese photo out to 'wow' everyone.. whahahah :p:p:p
just to prove teng's 'powess' and the strength of my arms.. ha! teng's weight was DOUBLE digits already at 6 mths! hahaha. coz i think we overfed him?! ..either that.. or he was a starving ghost reincarnate.. more like the latter lah... whahahah.. :p:p:p

mrsL : Ya. We kept forgetting to feed Glynnis. The nurses kept coming in and ask if we have fed her.
They are so nice... Haa...

astro : Glynnis loves walking the dogs.
happy.gif

dreamygal: heh. so cute leh. to see the toddlers holding on the leash.. teng looked so serious in his task to walk the dog! hahaha..

my sis just adopted a king charles spaniel. then everyday, teng will ask me 'where is cheryl?'..hahaha..

astro,
hahahaha... just pretend fifi was your screen saver lor!
happy.gif
no, i dun mind dobermans. in fact, i dun mind most dogs. but my mongrel gave me a lot of heartache when she literally tore fifi's throat apart. TWICE! when we took fifi in to A&amp;E the vet on duty was surprised she was alive! i just cried and cried and having to look at her wound for the weeks after that was equally painful. luckily she is such a tough dog.

king charles spaniel. hahaha... my cousin has one as well. i love it when the kids play with the dogs well. very heart warming to see. ...

wow i was kaypoh-ing in the august thread, reading about their birth stories.. a lady gave birth to her 3.8kg baby natural without epi!!!

im like sooooooooooooooo amazed!

miemie,
hehe... inspired?! ;)

i have to rant. the whole village is sick. my dad, my bro and my HB. all the men in the house are sick. and i'm irritated cos it began with the HB who stubbornly refused to see a doc til yesterday. by then he had passed the germs to the rest, despite his being a very mild flu.

to make it worse, Mr Tarzan refuse to stop running!!! i mean, do normal people run lik 13-14km when they are SICK??? it really gets on my nerves. especially so when last weekend someone just dropped dead in the triathlon. u know what i mean??? ARGH!!!!!!!! i want to knock his thick head!!!!!!!! HMPH!!!!
sad.gif

hippo>> not inspired at all.. hahaha... im more concered about how painful it was!

almost my entire office of pple is sick too.. and i dun understand why they must sneeze or cought when they are NEAR me!!!!! super duper pissed by these pple.. and everytime somebody does that near me, i will use a clean tissue and cover my mouth and nose and STARE HARD at that person...

eh pls ask your hubby to rest leh.. tell him he want to 'ge kiang' not at this juncture lo!

miemie,
hahaha... at least my dad and bro very guai. straight away lock themselves in the room. hahaha... my bro's gone to see doc right away. last night he ate dinner in his room. i know they scared pass to me lah.

its the stubborn that SLEEPS WITH ME that wun listen!!! somemore wanna go and run stupid 10km race in army half marathon. spastic or not??? maybe athletes always think they are invincible?!?? i'm super irritated with him lor. at least he went and saw doc and is taking meds now. but i cant get him not to go for practice runs and the race. Q#^%^)&amp;(^%)*(#(%)$^(

hippo>> you should make him sleep on the floor and let fifi onto your bed!

i tink guys hor, when they sign up for something, its kinda difficult to make them not go for their trainings.. when's the half marathon? i think he dowan pple to think he geng or wad, so he dowan to miss out on the practices..

Hi mummies

Sorry for interrupting. I’m an April 2009 Mummy.

I have a used Medela Mini Electric Plus for sale. This set was bought at Robinsons, warranty till Dec 2009. A BN new is retailing at over $300!

2781442.jpg

This compact breastpump provides the convenience of double pumping. Ideal for expressing breastmilk occasionally when at home or on the go.
• Single or double pumping
• Full range adjustable vacuum
• Gentle and efficient expression
• Electric or battery use

Have been using for the past 3 months only.
My own review of the set:
• get good suction
• managed to get very good supply from it
• double pumping really cuts down on the time needed to express, which is essential when the baby may be fussing!

Also thrown in for FREE:

Comfort Breastshield (also shown in the pic) x2 (original retail price is over $30 each)
For higher comfort while pumping.
• Close simulation of baby's sucking movements
• Made of soft silicone
• Massage effect

Bought an extra set so that I wouldn’t need to keep washing! Time saving! Can wash 2 sets at once. Very good if you intend to continue pumping whilst back at work and you don’t have a place to wash.

Selling for $170. Price negotiable. Pick up at Vivo/ Holland/ Raffles Pl.
I want to deal quick as I am going back to work in a week.

Re: Visitor

Btw the MOH got this rule and regulations and only can allow 2 visitors to go up at the same time.

For TMC one is there's 3 pass one is companion pass the other 2 is visitor pass.. so if we have too many visitors, or rather a big group of people i think v mah fan for them lor..

They need to wait at the hotel lobby and go up in pairs or threes.. sigh.. i wonder when they will lift this.. but it's also good in a way lah to minimise the spread of virus

hippo>> why ur hubby so irresponsible!!! he has a pregnant wife with him leh!!! he should have gone to see the doc immediately after he know he's sick lor!!! what if H1N1 how ?? now minor flu or sorethroat all cannot take it lightly haha...

Oh ya and news reported that all those flu cases, almost all are H1N1 cases... so yah quite jialat liao

hippo>> my hubby had a colleague whose flatmate was a susptected case of H1N1 the other time.. and my hubby's cubicle is next to this colleague.. he told me to pack a bag of clothings for him, in the event he has any flu symptoms or discomfort, he gg to quarantine himself from me, and stay at his mum's place until he recovers..

very interesting posts here.. especially astro's.. hahha...

i'm a SAHMTB today!!! yay!!!! finally cleaned up the floor after 2weeks!!! and i get to be away from the smelly orchard towers. hahha.. plus cook my own porridge.. this is so heavenly...

miemie, sweetzinc,
yup, thats why i'm super irritated. um, actually speaking of H1N1, there's one @ his workplace. but not the same level. but still... when he had to go HK he wanted to quarantine himself @ MIL's place also. but i told him no need lah. but the running is really irritating me big time. dunno what to say already lah. men and their macho bulshit. maybe since he's always been so high profile a bit tough not to attend lor. half marathon (but he only running 10km, thank goodness) is 16 aug i think. so not that many sessions left lah. this sunday is last practice and then the actual race itself.

loke,
hahaha... savour every minute of it... ;)

actually i think 90% of flu cases are H1N1 now. so if kena flu.. can just assume its h1n1.. so really must be careful.

my hb last week also kena flu.. and the doc wasnt a bit worried about him.. she looked at me and said she's more worried for me.. hahhaa...

aiyah i damn sad man.. i now preparing the clothings and props for maternity photo shoot.. then i went to tried my bikini bottom and jeans.. all cannot fit
sad.gif
sad.gif

blink: how is my post interesting? hahaha

hippo: i was so embarrassed.. coz i will glared at them if they dun pay attention and use their laptop. and there i go.. 'expose' myself :p
but they slow. didn't realise.. hahaha

aiya. h1n1 huh? i long past it.. what will be will be :S.. tamiflu also not safe.. vaccine also not safe.. doesn't help the news keep telling me i high risk group. even my hb is nonchalent about the possibiity of him or me contracting it! argh.. so ah.. mie, ur hb very nice liao!

newspaper ?! =.= i think i kope my mom's jeans haha but the bikini bottom i think i gonna buy coz the rest i have are all tie strings and it looks damn ugly on me now buttock so fat haha..

btw, where get maternity swim suit ah? i cannot wear bikini hor. coz my tummy A LOT of stretch marks..
tomorrow thinking i need to take a dip with teng.. to enoucrage him to swim. in his swimming session tomorrow .. kekek :p

astro: that u exposed yourself. hehehe..

sweet: u are very brave to take pictures now. my hb says my tummy looks very cute now. i'm like that's so duhh.. hahhaa..

astro: cos urs is the only post that made me laugh.. brightened up my day.. hahhaha... anyway... if i didnt remember wrongly, i think kiddy palace got maternity swim suit. if i'm wrong.. then it must be one of those maternity shops that sells them. sorry if it doesnt sound very constructive..

astro>> i bought mine at kiddy palace.. those normal maternity swim suit hehe abt $70+ quite affordable as compared to other places selling at more than $100++ .. very expensive

loke>> not now lah. wait till i'm 34th week haha.. now just see if there's anything to buy for the shoot anot..

sweet: thanks for confirming my information. means i'm not losing my memory... hahhaa....

i just feel so therapeutic staying at home today....

blink: ha.. good.. at least i am useful! :p
anyway. ya ur comment like.. a bit contradicting :p.. ha.. u ok today? :p heh..
guess whati still thinking what name to give didi teng.. haiz..

peiyu: whey. urs ah. iszit those sexy bikini kind? :p how does it look? :p

Back