(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

congrats joyce.. today we have a lot of good news.. is a happy tuesday!
happy.gif

Congrats Joyce and pupsandcups!

Btw ladies, just an update. I get to keep my job but am so hating my new dept. I am now under a witch who is less experienced & capable than me, a power freak and the same person who told me that maybe I had the miscarriage previously coz I have too many kids already. How insensitive is dat?

well looks like i just have to hold on for the next 5 mths or rather she have to tolerate wit me for the next 5mths, till I go on leave, then when I come back, hope she's gone by then.

Sorry that i am pouring out my sorrows here..I know everyone is in such a good mood.

well actually I am too, just a little bit angry at times.

I tink my baby is not happy too that his mummy is not, coz after the announcement last week, he gave the hardest kick ever. LOL!

hey queen!
hmm.. i sympathise. working with a witch?! yah. just tolerate for 5 mths. by the time u come back maybe she's gone hahaha...

anyways, just focus on big picture. you kept your job, which is most impt. and u only need to be under witch for 5 mths. then u happy happy for 4 mths. that's the story.
happy.gif

miemie,
erm, now i single income family ah. i think i pass lah. i was just being hiao cos i think quinny is very nice. but my fren already lending me her graco stroller, which has detachable bassinet somemore. looks good enough for me. i've been like garang guni, choping stuff for my bb. hehe... just secured a crib too. damn kiasu of me. hahahaha...

end of the day i think $1k can buy a lot of toys, books, clothes for my princess lor. a nice looking stroller is just that, a nice looking equipment.

aria jo,
tks tks. i think its fluttering in my stomach for now? slightly stronger movements i think has occured a couple of times.
happy.gif

rina>> care to share which dept you have been transferred to and the witch you are under now? keen in the gossips leh.. heehee.. it sux to have witches in the dept.. truly can understand that.. and worst thing is UNDER the witch...

fifi>> the moment my sister got to know that im preggy, she already told me not to buy this and that (the baby crib included) coz she has saved all of hers for me! so actually i can save quite a bit taking her stuffs, and maybe splurge on the stroller?? heehee.. quinny is really on the high end.. shall discuss with my hubby and see how it goes.. but most prob we will just buy a normal stroller bah...

btw mummies, don't know some of u still rem i was saying abt the confinement herbal soup pack last time? i found the brochure, anyone interested jus pm me, i will email u k.. fyi, it's a 24 days pack herbal soup, all pre-packed and just add in to water to boil.. they also have the red date longan prepack tea and the herbal bath pack (must have!! hahaha)..

fifi, ya lor. Dats wat keeps me goin for now. Anyway I told her off already last week, to mind her own business and let me do my job. So she knows the line have been drawn and she is not suppose to step on it.

I was tinking of opening a small business, maybe start online first, selling only baby and kids apparel. Mostly skateboarder apparell. Cute right? Wat do the mummies, especially the ones getting boys, like me, think?

miemie, I'm now in Tender Management. Maybe you already know who's the witch that's heading the TM dept in RHO. But then again maybe u dont. Coz, no one really knows her existence b4 the meeting last week. Her names Starts wit C and with surname Toh.

miemie,
yah. i guess its all about opportunity costs. and what it means to each individual. for me, i think the stroller is like car. just a means of transport. but such an expensive one then quite heart pain. anyhow, i think u can contact mellyann if u are interested.

btw, i came across the supplier for quinny off balestier rd. wonder if the same one she goes to get from.

yah man. i already choped breast pump, walker, stroller, etc etc. hahaha... so aunty now that i'm not working. like squirrel hiding all the nuts.
happy.gif

kkbt,
come join us for yoga lah. u flexi hours right?
happy.gif
chill babe. SMILE!
happy.gif

Congrats Joyce and pupsandcups.

Queen,

really empathise with u. I used to work under a wich who is childless and I have enuf shits from her. I never have a good appraisal even tho I worked hard. Reason being : I went on ML which other staff did not hence cannot grade me high! what bullshit is that? Jz endure her nonsense n tell yourself, 5 mths later, leave the "shits" to her (ie, dun teach her more things since she is less experience n capable den u) haha n go on ML!

kkbt,

cheer up. being moody isn't good for yr bb. he can feel it.

queen,
i think baby & kids apparel is do-able. but erm, now that i'm searching around for baby clothes, i realise these online stores are a dime a dozen. so if u do it, you gotta position yourself well enough to reach a critical mass. otherwise like a bit tough to differentiate from the rest? and most sites just dont appeal to me anyways. like altho they say they're babygap and carters, i wonder if they're some rip off fake ones that one can get from alibaba.com

food for thought. sorry hor. not trying to be wet blanket. just sharing my observation.

so is it the King RA is a skater? ;)

rina>> i need to go and check it out.. wahaha.. but regardless of who, i already have a bad impression of her.. she's green or blue?

fifi>> if i really get the quinny, most prob will be coz i had a windfall or is a gift from pple.. wahaha.. wow, you even chopped the walker already! so far i only have tonnes of baby girls clothes and the baby crib.. i still need to get the stroller, walker, car seat and 'yao lan', and not forgetting breast pump, milk bottles and steriliser.. phew.. that is a lot of thing i need to get!

mylvera>> the witch you worked under sounds like one of my customers, who is a spinster in her 50s, and nobody in her company can get along with her, whenever she hears pple getting married or giving birth etc, she will be full of sarcasms.. sour grapes i would say..

Mie,

haha u know how i suan her back when she told me that the dept will not give me any red packet shd i deliver #3. i told her .. the amt u give is so much lesser den compared to wat govt give me haha she got so pissed off n walk away immediately. haha i win again :p

mylvera: that was a good one... haha..

hippo: i wish. i can at the most take leave from work in the morning. start work at 2pm... i can work at home, provided i'm WORKING FROM HOME. haha.. so yeah.. in a way, flexi hours..

sigh. anyway, i'm just too cooped up in the office. i need a break from office again.. maybe tmr morning i'll slack at home. do some housework etc etc..

oo.. rina... just visited ur blog.. is it because this is your #4 that's y ur tummy is prominent even at only wk13? mine's small small one.. haha... more fats than baby....

mylvera, yup datz why I need to keep my guards up now. I know these female 'bosses' are really heartless.But she's got kids. Anyway its not bout her being heartless but more of taking credit for other ppl work and passing them of as hers.

Miemie, she's new. just started work after the merger.

fifi, ya i know there are tonnes. But i dont see any carrying skater apparell. So far I ordered my boys stuff from USA.brands like DC, santa cruz. That kinda skater brands. Anyway I will not bring in huge qty. Will try to bring in a few and see how the respond is.

Yup the King use to be a skater. Now his son take over. If the King skates now, the board will break! haahahahah!!!

hey mommies!

checking in with everyone. skimmed tru the last few posts.. congrats to all the mommies who received good news today!
happy.gif

am just slacking at home.. feeling a little bored but well rested.

hope everyone is doing ok?

hippo: my baby's kicks feel like little tiny kicks or taps from the inside out. concentrated mostly on the lower left abdoment, just above the pelvic area. not so much a tugging sensation. if i place my hand on my tummy and am patient enough, i can feel the tiny kicks and taps against my palm too. other times it feels like the baby is swimming inside.. like the contents of my tummy is moving/heaving. pretty cool the sensations
happy.gif
it's def getting stronger these days. the other night, my hubby got to feel a little kick too.
happy.gif
hope that answers your question..?

queen, glad that you got to keep your job. and yes, i agree that female bosses of that kind are a pain to work with. hang in there la.. soon go on ML oredy.... and still looking good, mommy!
happy.gif

oh, and good luck with your biz venture!
happy.gif

Hi Ladies

I am a Jan 09 mum.... sorry to interrupt... Just a quick note, I am selling my breast pump - Medela Freestyle, bought in Jan 09 from US, used for one month and stopped as my BM is low. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks.

HI mtbs!!
Seems like I have been missing quite a bit. Been busy at work and migraine is here again...I really hate my migraine. Basically crippled me the entire day.

Congrats pupsandcups. Happy that you and baby are doing fine. Sometimes we just need to learn to let go of some. Hang in there!

Went for my mental destress activity yesterday again...window shopped at Scotts Isetan to look at the bb's stuffs. Seems like a great place to get everything. Was looking at the breast pumps. The price range is pretty wide. If only I can start to buy then I can get everything at this Thursday's Private Sale. But MIL and hubby been stopping me.

Hi all, good morning.

Been busy and oso cnt catch up with all the posts.

Congrats to all the mummies with good news of the baby.

I weigh myself ytd, and I had put on abt 1 kg after my last chkup. Hope its the baby tats gaining the weight.

I was rather upset last nite, cos my hub's nephew was at my hse and he has HFMD and we are worried that I might get affected and his SIL's dun even bother if I m there or not. *sigh* hope he gets well soon.

morning ladies
Went for my check-up ytd. Its a BOY. Oh well, 2 boys..how to cope?!Goin to be noisy and ill be busy stopping fights. haha..can forsee.
I only weighed 2kg since i was preggy, already 16weeks.The MS feeling still lingering,although I can control not puking better now. I hate it when I still am very picky over certain foods/drinks.

pupsandcups
I am at the office now. with very negative mood.I can totally understand your highs and lows hormonal swings. This morning I flared up at my boy cuz he woke up like 4 times screamin, i duno for what. Fed milk and woke up an hr later. Now I am so drowsy at work. Hes been having this night wakes for 2 days. Im at a loss at what to do, and I feel so scared if #2 pops, more stress is to come...now i feel so guilty screamin at him..jus wana go home and give him a sorry hug.

queen ra
good to knoe ur keepin ur job. =) on the other hand everything comes in packages so 'tahan' your horrid witch.

Does anyone of you feel pain in the adominal after coughing or sneezing. So irky the feeling. And ive bad backaches. I hate this phase...

hi all,

morn, so tired recently with weird dreams and more and more frequent visits to the loo in the middle of the night. after visiting the loo, i'd practically be staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come again..

just like to check with yall, for those taking fishoil, anyone knows where to get this brand?

nature's care
30 pills in a box
said to contain the following:
concentrated omega 3-triglycerides (EPAX 1050) 815 mg
DHA 350 mg
EPA 73 mg
Arachidonic Acid 18 mg
Olive Oil 67 mg
Equiv Oleic Acid 50 mg
D-alpha-tocopherol 4 mg

gynae clinic sells this for $50, which is pretty steep worz, so was tinking of getting it outside, but so far, couldn't really find it, would other alternatives work as well?

Jazol: wear a mask when u are near ur infected nephew. HMFD is dangerous to the feotus if the preg mum gets it.

haiz.. on mc at home. gosh. i have only 4 days left for the entire year!. haiz. but just so tired. sore thorat, cough coming again.. last night, late meeting.. missed dinner.. end up fever.. kaoz.. later going to see doc.. haiz.

very briefly scanned thru archives..

kkbt: u so sweet.. missed me huh? i miss u too.. *muacks*..we must be happy when preg right? there u go
happy.gif

huimin,
congrats!! hohoho..you have 2 boys and i'm expecting 2 girls and our babies are almost 2 years apart.. hi-fi!

astro: haha. yeah. must be happy lah...

recently boss not in office.. a lot of things very limited cannot do.. my hb kept calling him to ask him things until he's so frustrated. i dun dare to call him anymore. he'll blast us over the phone. scary..

baygon, wat i do is to avoid him n try not to be home too early... cos they will leave my home abt 8. thn i will go out for dinner... my lovely hub is nw cleaning our bedroom with dettol.... haha... he's afraid tat i fall sick cos i hv been sneezing these few days.

aria
I want gal leh. No fair. You have 2. Omg. I can imagine how well you will be coping. And me on the other hand, pulling my hair out. Somewhere earlier in this thread they linked a chinese calendar to predict the gender. EH, its so TRUE. My #1 predicted boy, this one also predicted true. Depends on your age though. So if you can find the link, go go see if yours is accurate not. hehe
If i saw this calender before I got preggy, i die die will make sure I kena the gal month den conceive man...for sure now I close factory liao. 2 is enough.

The oct 2007 thread always have gatherings one, I dare not bring my lil boy. Hes reli very hyper and very 'tei'. any of those kids you saw are like him too?

hi everyone,
thank you for all the congrads! my depression seems uplifted all of a sudden haha, im so drama. even managed to be rather productive this morning.
my appraisal went ok, boss, female n in this case super nice one, mother of 4 year old twins. she said i performed reasonably, as expected for first year in this company. said of cos she hoped that i could exceed expectations. but seriously i was pplanning for the worse, and i thought i was underperforming and would be in the potential to be retrenched list, but she did not give me that sense at all. in fact she was v mommy supportive, said that i need to plan well around my maternity leave, always document everything so anytime i need to go, even if sick leave, someone can take over and i don have to worry.

however i v mood swing, keep hoping n praying if something 'bad' happens, n bad in my statte could be small thing u know, i can still manage an optimistic spirit.

huimin
older boy still sleeps with you? me too. and i really wan to train him to sleep on his own but dunno how ....

seems there are A LOT of boys, really even around my friends, colleagues, i hear about boys n few gals!
according to chinese calendar im suppose to have gal. chromosome testing should be 100% accurate about sex right?

sotong, xoxo, ww,

please check your emails. time change for yoga this friday. call me asap to re-confirm. i have to revert to colleen. thanks.

well, there was an article that spoke about women in urban cities having more boys than girls, compared to women in rural areas.

One reason is breakfast! We don't eat enough, or some of us skip breakfast. But I eat my breakfast every morning leh! Dunno why still boy.

it must be the air we breathe..

surprisingly my MIL prefers a girl. her logic is that girls no need to go NS next time and can join the workforce earlier to bring in $$$ for the family..

but what if my girl accidentally get pregnant when she's 18yo? then i'll be the one supporting her.. not her supporting me.. hahaha....

if my boy at 18 yo got someone's girl pregnant also ma fan.. hahhaa... but i dun think it'll happen cos i'm going to try to be a good mum who teaches the children well.. hahhahaa...

sometimes i find that my brain tickles me more than any joke books..

Hi Angie

My gynae prescribed Nature Care Fish oil too. However realise the content abit diff from yours.

30 Capsules
Tuna Oil 400mg
DHA 102mg
EPA 27mg
Arachidonic Acid 18mg
Oleic Acid 70mg
D-alpha-tocopherol 4mg

i pay $50 for 2 boxes.

huimin,
aria has become a monster lately if you've been following the oct 2007 thread! she's terrorizing me and hubby with her temper and bad behaviour! she's not extremely active but she's naughty! she "pa" on the floor if she's not happy or get reprimanded.. she throw things when she's not happy, step on things just to test us.. headache.. but i guess it's a phase and we just have to slowly discipline her...

hehe, i never believe in such links because the probability of getting a boy or a girl is 50-50.. so, it means the probability these website predicted correctly the gender is also 50-50. That's an extremely high probability you know..hehe..

do join us next time ok? we have active and not so active babies..so, dun worry abt that
happy.gif

chynle: tis very different wor, the 2 fish oil that we were prescribed.. the nurse at the clinic also very smart coz when she wanted to get me to buy the fish oill, i asked if I can get it outside, she said that their's would be better.. wow, this won me over loh, since this is my first child then dunno wat to expect.. it's only when I found that the fish oil outside seems to be selling so much cheaper (tho there are variations in the content) then I was like, erm, the $50 per box that I paid for seems to be really steep.. =(

next appt's coming soon and my fish oil is finishing soon, not sure if want to buy from her again or just anyhow buy from outside. any idea when must we continue the fish oil till?

sweetzinc: the website that ya provided hor, I tried but dunno how to read the table wor, is it taking the chinese age or the english one?

if it is english age, then will be 27, but chinese for this year will be 28, then the prediction'd be girl and boy respectively.. ??

this thing abut chinese calendar.. i tried fiddling with it.. gosh. no matter how i tweak the dates. ALWAYS boy! even when menses dates, als boy! chey..

huimin: let's tickle Aria, I want girl also! ok nvm.. i havepyschoed myself that bb boys are cuter.. at least at birth.. *hmpf, childish pout* ha..

kkbt: ha.. u funny leh. how come suddenly think of these? ya. i am like u.. the things i churned up in my mind funnier than joke books.. jokes. i sniggered for a while.. then i say, 'not funny one'.. ha

*blurred*.. i used to skip breakfast.. then occassionally when i get guilty. then will start again.. then coz famished.. and dun want stomach to be growling in lessons.. then start again.. so is have breakfast or not?
still boy leh. :S

angie: fish oil.. all the way till birth.. in fact.. there are post natel fish oils.. which supports lactation as well.. think i never took those.. so mood went gugu and post natel depression!

Jazol: get a face mask.. show them the info below.. and tell them to be more considerate wor.. but ur hb so sweet.. my hb wun do that for me one :S

What are the risks to pregnant women exposed to children with hand, foot, and mouth disease?
Because enteroviruses, including those that cause HFMD, are very common, pregnant women are frequently exposed to them, especially during summer and fall months. For all adults, including pregnant women, the risk of infection is higher among those who do not have antibodies from earlier exposures to these viruses and for those who are exposed to young children—the primary spreaders of enteroviruses.

Most enterovirus infections during pregnancy cause mild or no illness in the mother. Although the available information is limited, currently there is no clear evidence that maternal enterovirus infection causes adverse outcomes of pregnancy, such as abortion, stillbirth, or congenital defects. However, mothers infected shortly before delivery may pass the virus to the newborn. Babies born to mothers who have symptoms of enteroviral illness around the time of delivery are more likely to be infected. Most newborns infected with an enterovirus have mild illness, but, in rare cases, they may develop an overwhelming infection of many organs, including liver and heart, and die from the infection. The risk of this severe illness in newborns is higher during the first two weeks of life.

Strict adherence to generally recommended good hygiene practices by pregnant women (see the section “Can HFMD be prevented?” below) may help to decrease the risk of infection during pregnancy and around the time of delivery.

baygon, thanks for sharing the infor with me... my hub n 2nd BIL did warn me not to go near their nephew. So i will hide in my room n not go out n meet them till the virus is clear. in fact, i would be more than happy if they ask my MIL to go over their hse and look after their son rather thn bring over cos whn bringing him over, the virus will spread to strangers too. so inconsiderate of them... *sigh*

aria
yea u are right,its their rebellious 19mths age. I duno if I should send my boy to half day CC to improve his social skills. And he hates strangers to even touch or carry him..sigh. My boy still responding by nodding head and pointing. so argh.
ill join you la if ive a maid or if my hubby more receptive abt such outings. I reli cant cope alone. Im lousy when it comes to discipling. I scold fiercely, den the next second when I see him cringe, I smile and give a sorry kiss. So confusing for him. kehehe.And my method as you guessed, sucks! He knows my pattern and taunt me with his wicked looks everytime i scold him..
But I was thinking if its a ger I would be worse at disciplining!

astro
long time never see u posting. MIA to where uh. that myth about bfast also not true. I tried eating less meat also turned out boy. In fact I can say I was vegetarian for months lor. All that merlioning also cant eat any bfast or meat.

angie
I took my english age, predicted true. come to think of it. If I took my chinese age, den will it all be wrong? Hahaha. good point.

ooh lil one jus kicked me twice. his legs so low, under my belly button. about 3inches!

hippo
can you share your maid agency with me. I dun wana research, so lazy. So if your lobang good. I just take a day to recki the maids available there. thanks!

Back