(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

aiya.. u all know what.. i'm feeling depressed at the thought of knowing the gender.....

dunno if its the hormones or i think too much...

i'm so stressed with my work!!! like astro.. my FIRST class is starting next monday!!! and i'm only 70% prepared??!!!!

sighz.....

kkbt,

dun despair... there's still some hope for getting a boy. like mention by mie, if u bd on yr O day, higher chance u will get a boy. but then, only higher chance doesnt mean full proof u will get a boy.

mylvera: prob is i also dunno when's my O day.. my period is 40days interval. by right i should be in the sept thread. but cos of the long interval, the EDD got to be pushed back 2 wks....

kkbt: ops.. ok . wun burst ur bubble! *CHANTS* BOY BOY BOY BOY BOY.. :p

haiz.. i am no longer stressed per se.. more of 'agitated'.. til i find out how and why.. i remain easily provoked.. argh..

yalor.. i practiced what mylvera was saying to get girl.. end up still teng #2.. but Miser pointed out something which i left out.. in practising 'gender selection'.. we are halfing the chance of preg.. and hor.. all it takes is one sperm.. be it x or y wor.. so hor.. really means can only 'control' to certain extent..

ong: let's hope with teng's example.. as a sendenatry boy.. they will guai guai sit there and play with one another.. thomas the train?.. *dream nia* .. ha.. :p

Hey Mie! Congrats!

kkbt: Don't despair lah. soon you will find out lah. I also starting to psycho myself to see how I will react if I know it's a girl (I also want a boy, frankly). so, I keep thinking of the dresses in this shopw called 'chateau-something' then I feel so much better. Can dress up the gal gal. Should be quite fun. So, stop thinking about it ok. Now I am only thinking of asking bb to open leg big big on Sat..hahahah

harlow mommies!
happy.gif

congrats to all the mommies who have found out the gender of their babies. so exciting rite? as our pregnancies progress, more and more will get to know gender liao.

congrats especially to those mommies who got to hear precisely what they wanted to hear from the gynae! :D

hippo: got see the 3 lines means confirmed liao la. wheeeeeeeee~~~
happy.gif
cos i read up on fetal gender diagnosis after my last check up and that's what was explained. so happy for you!
happy.gif

miemie,

did your gynae spot the 3 lines like hippo's doc? my hopes are raised again after hearing about your experience at the gynae. cos my gynae said almost the same thing as what your gynae said, just missing boy bits for my little bub (see: http://famelasworld.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/15-weeks-check-up/) how many weeks are you at the time of the check-up? i'm really praying vair, VAIR hard that i won't hear any surprises on the 18th of may during my detailed scanning. THINK PINK! THINK PINK!
happy.gif

mylvera: let's THINK PINK together ok?
happy.gif

i still have a longggggg wait before next scan la. sigh. time would have passed faster if only i could have gone for my holiday and be back on 17th just in time for the detailed scan appt. this swine flu couldn't have come at a worse time. bah! i would be in tokyo-narita now waiting for my transit to LAX right about now if not for this unfortunate circumstance.

astro: GASP!!!! that was very dangerous!! so scary! i would freak out if i saw adil waving a knife around. my kitchen is those open concept kind, with huge openings in the entire 2 walls.. i pray hard he never ever touches my knives. but so far, so good la.. he doesn't seem to dare to touch anything sharp.

he has his own toy knife and toy veges to use when he wants to join me in the kitchen and cut our veges etc together. maybe you want to consider getting teng that? so he won't want to touch your knives again?

ok. too many other posts everywhere. i'll just have to let them go and join in from hereon yah?

famela>> i am exactly week 16 today.. my gynae did show me something like 3 lines, but i couldnt really make them out.. she say the detailed scan will show the 3 folds more clearly.. i already start buying pink stuffs! haha.. and there are a few blue rompers that i bought at robinson sale, i gg to give them away to my husband's sister-in-law coz she is having a boy and is due in july! heehee

kkbt: don think too much and despair ok? still got chance la. i will pray that you get your boy boy
happy.gif
when's your next check-up by the way? still a long way off?

baygon: you easily provoked? just them plain, old, pesky, pregnancy hormones probably? work situation ok already?

mie: aw shucks! my gynae didn't show me any 3 lines leh. nemind, nemind, i shall continue with my chant: THINK PINK! THINK PINK! THINK PINK! hee hee

Hi,

I've got the following, pls PM me if interested:
-Ready stocks for lansinoh milk bags (50pcs) / lansinoh nipple cream / avent bottom balm and Desitin creamy 4oz expiry:12/2010 selling 9.60 per tube exc postage

-Baby bjorn original/air carrier/active/synergy from $105 onwards only

-Medela Pis/freestyle BP

-Capella strollers BP

famela,

i try not to think pink in case get more disappointed when i see the birdie. i rather it comes as a good surprise so i keep thinking is boy haha

famela: am i supposed to think BLUE??? later i get more blue how??? next appt is next tue........

but one thing ah. i really think the names i thought for a girl are very nice.. it'll be a bit wasted if its a boy.. hahaha...

*twist fingers* i'm trying damn hard to strike a balance here........

i think for all of us here, we wun be really very disappointed if the gender turns out to be not wad we hoped for, coz is still our baby! im not saying this coz i got wad i wanted, but before my scan today, hubby and i were saying its ok if we're gg to have a boy as long as the baby is healthy!

MieMie>> The Pee-pee teepee thingy is so funny!!! Hubby was telling me some time back that his friend always kena "Tong Zi Niao" when changing diapers for his son... So, i told hubby.. in future, just cover the kkb with a towel lor.. To think some1 actually invented some funnel lookaline stuff... LOL

Oh no.. i am so so drained.. So so busy wif work!!! Btw.. just doing some "advertisement".. for those who hope to win a nikon camera.. can visit the ndp website at http://www.ndp.org.sg The prizes seems attractive!!! If free.. login n see lor.. :p

mylvera: i know exactly what you mean, girl. i was liddat too. until my fren reminded me to work the magic of the laws of attraction. hahaha. so i changed strategy. but i won't be too disappointed if it's a boy la. like wat most of you keep saying, most impt is healthy lil baby.
happy.gif

kkbt: ok ok, you don't think blue ok? you chant, "BOY! BOY! BOY!" i'm sure the other mommies who are wanting a boy can help you chant together
happy.gif

haha.. girl names always very nice,yah? i oso have a name for a baby girl!!! i tot of this name even before adil was born cos was hoping for a girl then too. hee hee hee.
happy.gif
had a tough time coming up with a boy name after that. if mine turns out to be a girl this time, she'll be Anna Sophia. Have decided that all my children will have the initials ASH. H is hubby's name of course. Adil's is Adil Syafi.

miemie: agree agree agree! no disappointment
happy.gif
just that it'll be nice to get what the heart desires only la. see point above too
happy.gif
^5!

mrs neo: cute pdt, right? baby boys really can "bless" you with their watering hose during diapering you know. hahaha. i know cos speaking from experience. but after the first few times, then i learnt to always ensure that i keep it covered la. whahahah. i wish i had this thing last time.. would be fun to try it out! nikon camera? wat model? i shall tell hubby. he's into photography and loves nikon. thanks
happy.gif

miemie,
congrats! so my dream was right eh? ok you can buy me lunch!
happy.gif
so when want to go and buy the hello kitty toyset???

famela,
you wanna go with us? ;) u'r almost certain its a princess too right? am beginning to think our princesses are rare gems eh? (with the big number of princes around) hahaha...

kkbt,
donch worry chickadee! you'll be ok one. you gonna get a prince. so many around already.

am so tired being out and about so much today. will report on our pre-natal yoga later tonight. meanwhile, happy hippo gonna zzzzzzzz... before heading to the feeding pen. today's craving is tenderloin steak. my princess gonna be a big strong MOO!
happy.gif

*hippo huff & puff, irritated*

basket, the orang cacat school next door cant stop drilling and digging. there goes hippo's nap. i'm damn see bay super irritated now!!! ARGH!!!

Astro: Goodness me! Your Teng is one funny kid! Waving a kitchen knife and laughing. Wonder where he got that from. But seriously, its darn dangerous lah. Best is to keep all sharp and dangerous stuff in drawers then use child locking device (can buy from Ikea) to fasten the drawers and cupboard hor.

Pinkiemie: Very sensible indeed! I have the same advice to everyone here. Don't get yourself overly gender conscience and add undue stress to yourselves. I can vouch that what Pinkiemie said is true for I'm a guo-lai-ren. I was like the KKBTs too during my 1st pregnancy. Drool and drool and drool for kkb. When the doc 1st told me 'no kkb for you', my heart sank and I was very upset... but only for a while. The joy of having a baby, be it girl or boy is just so overwhelming. And when my girl was born, my heart melted and it's still a little melty even now, everytime I see my little girl crossing new milestones and doing silly things (not waving kitchen knife tho!!), I find myself thinking "thank goodness my this bb is not a boy!"

today's pre-natal yoga went well. ww was there earliest. i was 2nd, and xoxo & sotong were a little lost on their way in. haha...

we managed to stay in 1 piece at the end of the class. some of us found that having some (or no) cushion on their butt (i.e. extra flabs) made a world of difference in the world of yoga. hippo gladly offered some to xoxo...

after class ended, we had lunch @ marina bay golf course, nice view, we sat facing the green. hope everyone kept their lunch in... next class scheduled for next friday morning.
happy.gif

ww,
relax and take it easy yah? no stress k?

sotong,
u dont look very sotong what. i think maybe for your #1 lah. now u'r like damn experienced already lor.

xoxo,
sigh... what do i say? poor chickadee. i hope your MS nonsense really stops soon!!! anyhow thanks for arranging this!

and i really think the names that i have thought of for a girl is really nice.. just that i must practice writing myself. haha....

fifi>> yeah, your dream is right.. i also had a dream last night, i dreamt that i had a girl and my dream came true! im busy spree-ing for baby clothes now.. wahaha

hippo: not confirm girl la.. hahaha.. doc only say, "most probably it's a girl" but never gave me any %. so we'll see on the 18th may la. i'm not shopping till much much much later. so you girls go ahead and knock yourselves out with the hello kitty ok? me, am not so much a fan. hee

that's too bad about the drilling. they can be a pain in the arse.. pardon my french!

queen: hey where have you been la dey? you already have one princess and 2 boys already.. at least one of each already. we should be envying you
happy.gif

chia: i agree with you completely too. no disappointments with either gender cos they melt our hearts whichever one they turn out to be. i wanted a girl for first one, but i got a boy. and i'm so completely head over heels in love with this cheeky monkey of mine, from the moment i first held him in my arms at the hospital, maybe even earlier
happy.gif

kkbt,
u can reverse psychology like me.
happy.gif
i also said and thot its a boy. so princess is bonus. if boy i wouldn't be overly disappointed.

hippo: that's what i'm trying to do lah.. trying to imagine its a girl. at least i wont be too disappointed...

actually to think of it.. its quite exciting anticipating the gender... no expectation also no good.. at least if its a boy i'll be elated.. but if its a girl, i can use one of the names i painstakingly thought of... haha..

famela,
hehe... hope u get your 3 lines anyhow.
happy.gif

miemie,
wah lau relak lah. u seriously spreeing already? i'm trying very hard to hold myself back. in case (touch wood) kena surprised. hahaha... so not shopping yet.
happy.gif
meantime i relak one corner first.

famela>> Not sure what is the model no... but i think it's worth $1500+.. cant remember exactly.. visit the NDP webbie for more details. But the contest is only open for 40days starting from yesterday.. So, faster submit lor.

Take some cute nice pics of ur son lah.. Think the theme is abt coming 2gether.. as friends, as family..

Gd luck.. hope ur hubby win the 1st prize.. then, can use the new camera to take your baby's pic in Oct...
happy.gif

Congrats Mie!

I'm so envy of those having a girl! In my eye, my son is already so good looking, how can another boy be better/cuter then him?!

hippo,
I don't look sotong ah? Ok, good. Keep today's image of me in your heart and locked it away. Don't let xoxo spoil that image ok?

Today's yoga is great! I can feel that I got a good work out and sweat a little even though we are in air con room. Lunch is fantastic, with nice view and great conversation.

ww,
don't think too much. keep happy thoughts in your mind. Life is funny, no matter how, it will somehow straighten itself out.

xoxo,
you looked fine after you drop me off, I hope it stay that way? I forgot I brought towel, should have given it to you for cushioning.
happy.gif

sotong,
hmmm... now that i think about it more, hehe... maybe just a teeny wheeny bit.
happy.gif
the food could've been much better. but i think i was hungry enough to swallow everything like a greedy hippo.

xoxo,
went to prime society for dinner. was wondering if you were still there. had to satisfy my craving for steak, and good steak at that. they had some dodgy world gourmet summit menu which didn't entice me AT ALL. just ordered a good 'ol tenderloin. its funny we both asked for medium but one came out more cooked than the other?!

we were in the mood for dessert, so we moved on toe 2am dessert bar @ holland village. the chocolate tart was fantabulous. but the price tag was a tad steep for my liking.

btw, i do think you look way "underaged" to be MTB. bwahahahaha... hyuk hyuk. you another l'il chickadee like baygon and kkbt loke.
happy.gif

wow! really sounds like you guys had a good time during today's yoga session. must be fun to put faces to the nicks.
happy.gif

hippo: that sounds like a wonderful, hearty dinner! complete with desert! today i only ate fried kway teow. now enjoying my teh tarik. so boring compared to yours. he he

Hi dear all,
i'm new to the thread. my EDD is on the 22 October.was supposed to go for OSCAR last week, but the foetal length exceeded by 3 mm, so the test was cancelled. my next gynae visit is in 2 weeks time, where i will know the gender of the bb as well as taking the triple blood test..

hi Hazel

welcome
happy.gif

oh, what's e max length to entitle to still go for OSCAR? i din know that :p

btw, can reveal how long is yr bb?

I've just returned home..a truly eventful day! Gosh, this forum is my diary now...

Pre-natal Yoga revealed that I've less than supple knee caps and certainly, flat bottoms that cannot take much pelvic action on the floor. But there was some good heads-up from the instructor abt positioning and training certain regions so that they can "obey" when it matters! I think Colleen was pretty good in seizing up our fragile prenatal state..uh, ok, she can ease up at the end actually. But climbing the stairs to my flat tonight was a breeze....so I do feel the lesson was worth a million bucks!

Hippo >> You were at Prime Soc? I was there at 4pm. The foreign media went from Jumbo to Prime Soc as part of their WGS tour...muahaha, no steak for me though. It was good ol' mixed rice for a quick dinner b4 I'd to scamper for another briefing. Aiyoh, you're not much older lah...and I will take you up for the butt fat for sale (thanks for pecah-ing my balloon here...)..how much per kg?

ww >> how was your tekka trip? It was blistering hot after we saw you off...hope you stayed cool! See you next week..

sotong mum >> good suggestion of yrs, the marina green plc. the lunch stayed quite well. after yoga today, i think the MS has subsided. *xoxo prays and prays the MS monster will give me a day or two off*..had a small round with the tofu this evening..but other than that, things have been blissfully quiet...muahaha, and i think if we join any road race, sure lose one! hehehe...

famela >> great to hear you're taking things in your stride. Hippo is struggling with a similar dilemma...we are all paying a price to err on the side of caution..moi still sore abt the cancelled aqua aerobics class at KKH, never meant to be I guess...I now understand why you are calling your unborn ASH..nice
happy.gif

Astro >> that's a classic You Tube! I think it's hard and tough to child-proof your hse completely. Teng really looks strong...I think xoxo will fly if he launches at her with full strength! I certainly am doubtful I can keep up with boys...(haha, revealing more of my inclinations...)

OK, lights out for me soon. Pelvic stretched, thighs have lengthened, butt has been told tersely to bring it on and behave more like a butt...nite babes..and with a head upon the pillow, more good dreams for all..

I think the yoga lesson is fun. I enjoy it though i m slow and abit confuse.
Heheeh think my lunch is a bit too oily. Couldnt eat much for dinner because of indigestion.
Time for my morning walk.

hazel,
welcome!

famela,
erm, i am considering alternative destinations too. spain is top on the list for europe. so we'll try to get trafalgar to let us change to another tour without penalty. otherwise cancellation penalty is freaking 30%. SQ no additional charges for re-scheduling flights. hotel we can still cancel without penalty. but i'll have to lose $$$ for domestic connections between spain & paris. now, i'm stewing (like you did) in my own soup, complete with tulang and herbs. later you just lift the lid and eat the tulang k?!
sad.gif

xoxo,
babe, you're working such crazy hours. no wonder so pint size. but VERY HAPPY to hear the fried rice stayed in the tum tum. eh, you want butt fat? how kg you want? I GIVE YOU FOR FREE!!!!!! will throw in additional tummy fat and thigh fat to go along with the butt fat to make ONE WHOLE SET? how's that for SERVICE???
happy.gif

ww,
yah i agree the been hoon was too oily for me too. but i met my fren for tea (camomile, of course) and so it kinda neutralized the OIL a bit.

xoxo,
funny how you say u will fly if teng launches at you. i think there's no way you can ever own BIG DOGS like golden retrievers. cos THEY'LL be the one TAKING YOU FOR WALK, not vice versa. bwahahahahahaha... funny image forming in my head now.
happy.gif

oh yah, my back was a bit sore at the end of the day. also, my hamstrings are big time sore. i think its about time we do more SQUATS.
happy.gif

sotong,
actually you know when you said for your #1, you didn't quite have ample BM. in my head i was thinking, wah but you so well-endowed leh. sure look like a lot one lor. hmm... so its not proportionate ha? ;)

mrs neo/glass : abt beancurd. initially a friend told me beancurd kenot eat coz' to harden the soya bean they put a bit of 'cement'. So I totally stopped. My MIL used to work in mr bean shop. She say that was looooonnngg time ago. now they use some fruit extract or something to harden so its safe. So should be okay.

baygon : :S i think ikea got some special lock for drawers/cupboards. must press somthing then can open. maybe wanna put that ?

:D :D my CL worries are over! My mum & dad suddenly decided to volunteer to help during the 1st mth. Think we will put the bb cot in my room (v squeezy but bo bien) + take care of bb at night so my parents can rest fully at night. Confinement food leh..hmm..might still cater. worry parents too tired. to think abt.

So excited n stress! m going to Australia in 11 days time! n I haven book hotel :p or plan the itenery fully yet. must complete by this weekend. hee....anybody been australia, any tips, etc? share share. m going to MEL and Perth. SWINE FLU..GO AWAY! Stay AWAY! i wan my holiday.

Hi,

the foetal range for OSCAR is between 45 mm to 84 mm.. supposed to take by Week 13 Day 6. Guess i was one day late..I went on Week 14 Day 0..so the length exceeded by 3 mm..

gal,
how many days in melb? must go phillip island see fairy penguins, mornington peninsula for golf/vineyards, great ocean road (must see, 12 apostles only have 9 left now).

then in melbourne city itself go to richmond or springvale for authentic vietnamese food (beef noodles soup or spicy pork broken rice - eat those and you never wanna eat the sub-standard ones here in sg ever agn)

hip & happening like fitzroy st, chapel st, toorak road have very uber cool cafes and quaint gypsie type shops. btw, toorak road is THE most expensive address in melbourne. do go check out docklands as well, they spent tons of $ building it. so should see.

lygon st is also nice. you can get really good italian food there. of course dim sum is actually quite nice in melb too. try shark's fins house or red emperor.

oh yah, please if u go to toorak road, go and eat pizza @ La Porchetta. they have quite a few outlets now. but original one in toorak road. eat that and you can kiss pizza hut goodbye. FOREVER!!!
happy.gif

ok, i think i'm gonna have to charge you for giving you this itinery. hehehe... think can occupy you one week.

perth i'm not crazy abt. but cottesloe and scarborough beaches are beautiful. just dont go into water pls. got shark attacks in recent years. fremantle is nice fishing port. and i like subiaco market if fruits are in season. but it looked quite different when i went few yrs back. so no real feeling about those. kings park is quite nice for MAKING OUT! hahahaha... go evening for romantic time. ;) if you're wine drinker then venture out to margaret river for sure. i also saw my frens go abalone fishing b4. but erm, its at the crack of dawn and icy cold water. so i dunno if u wanna try that. they caught a huge bunch tho'...

Back