(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

Hi, according to my book, it gives the different caffeine levels.
coffee (8oz)
brewed, drip method 96-288mg
brewed, percolator 64 - 272 mg
instant 48-192 mg

tea (8 oz)
brewed 33 - 176mg
instant 40-80mg
brewed iced tea 67 - 76mg
bottled iced tea 6-50mg

other
cola (12 oz) 34-44mg
diet colat 36-45mg
root beer 0-22mg
moutain dew 55mg
hot cocoa 3-32 mg
chocolate milk 2-7mg
milk chocolate 1-15mg
dark chocolate 5-35mg
backing chocolate 26mg
red bull 80mg

So I guess, best bet is to read the contents of the drink for bottled drinks.

The reccommendation is less than 300 mg of caffeine daily.

Hi Carlyn, I actually didn't want to go this morning, as I don't want to take MC. but the nurse scolded me by saying I was pregnant when I called the other time, and I would get MC if I come for consultation.

Anyway, I had been having bad flu these few days, so the extra rest is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, i new here too. having my first checkup this fri. now going to 7 weeks le.

Good morning, All
happy.gif

Woke up ard 4:05am today. Fed myself some grapes and strawberries and now here to post! hehe.

I also tossed ane turned ard alot in the past few days and woke up poor hubby. He had a bad headache today
sad.gif
I now know my pattern. Like today, I got up and left the bedroom and had my usual routine - eat fruits, have a 100plus or prune juice drink, empty bladder, and surf the net! hehe

Carlyn, i find fruits really help me when I feel nausea. Btw, I also take some prune juice diluted with water which i hope is ok. Have you tried that too?

Last week, I craved for Chicken Rice and Soon Kueh. I think it is the sour chiili
happy.gif

cheers

Hi mummies,

Joining this thread as I ve just confirmed by my gynae on my #2 pregnancy yesterday. 5 wks + now. not sure abt EDD yet, but should be around 12-Oct. Will include in the table 2 wk later after my 2nd appt.
happy.gif

Hi MieMie,
I have announced to my immediate family members. As for the friends and boss, I plan to disclose the news after my 3rd trimster.
But accordingly to my company rules, I need to inform my boss as soon as I know I am positive..... So now just wait and see.....

Good morning everyone.. This is my first post in this forum and i'll like to join you guys here.

I tested +ve on a HPT 3 days back, so i should be around 4 weeks + now. The EDD given by the internet due date calculator is 18 Oct 09.

This is my #1 bb, so i'm quite sotong here. May i know when would be a good time to see the gynae? Initially i was thinking of going at 6 weeks +, but the nurse advise that we'll not be able to hear BB's heartbeat until the 7 weeks or later.

I feel very gan chiong now, and the wait till 7 weeks + is going to be sooooo long, and somehow i don't feel very comfortable.

Symptons wise, initially i had really sore boobs when menses was due... But over the last 3 days, it has not become sore liao. do you think this is normal?

TIA for your advice..

joyce, do you mean 3rd month? After 3rd trimester you will have given birth! Hee.

hi miemie, Anyway, I've informed my immediate boss about my possible pregnancy, because it was during a work review session, and she asked whether there were any plans that may affect me. So I told her.

I had told my immediate superior.. my close friends and of cse my close relatives.. Dunno leh.. a lot of pple said.. better dun announce 1st.. but guess i was really really too excited.. So end up telling those close to me.. LOL.. I think i will break the news to my big boss soon..
happy.gif

for me, i only told my parents, PIL and my sis. DH for cos. I'm controlling the urge to tell my close friends, but i think i'll try to hold on until after the 1st u/s.

i only told my parents abt it last night, after holding it inside me for one week plus.. phew, feels so good to have my parents' support.. but we have yet to tell my DH's family, and we also dun intend to tell our siblings..

DH says to wait until we hear the heartbeat at least before we inform them.. and if can, wait until 1st tri over!!! but its very torturous having to keep such a big and happy secret! i feel like using a loudspeaker to shout to the whole world! hehehehe

i have yet to inform my immediate superior as well, coz words of retrenchment is in the air, am a bit worried that it may affect me..

so far only 6 persons are aware - us, my parents, and 2 very close frens..

joyce>> you mean 1st tri or 3rd tri? 3rd tri is like half a year later leh.. when our little bulges would have been pretty obvious! hehe

i tink it's pretty easy to break the news if your immediate superior is a lady, she will understand and feel the joy for you ba.. but my immediate superior is a guy, so i feel rather awkward on how i am gg to break the news to him in due course!

Hmmm...

Sometimes lady boss are more calculative then guys.

I remember during the time when government of 4 months maternity leave was announced my female supervisor mentioned that government was mad. They never think of the consequences. Next time in her interview, those not getting married, married with no kids yet, or married with 1 kids will be out of her interview list.

Ya <font color="0000ff">glass</font>, agree rest is wat we nd now…during pregnancy, will feel tired easily...

<font color="0000ff">Mrs lundquisto</font>, so gd fruits can ease yr nausea….4 mi on &amp; off I’ll feel the nausea, like now I’m beri uncomfortable, beri nausea..trying 2 eat something 2 ease it but nothing seems 2 help...oni sleep can help...but now working how 2 sleep...

Hi <font color="0000ff">Grace &amp; siangjiao</font>

Congratulations!!!
kao_cheers.gif
&amp; Welcome...

<font color="0000ff">Miemie</font>, 4 mi oni my hb &amp; my immediate supervisor knws..cos in case I nd 2 b on MC 4 long, then she’ll knw wat happens...then yest my colleague saw the med my doc gave mi, she knew is 4 pregnancy, she’s the third person tat knw…of cos all of u MTB...hehehehe..
kao_laugh.gif
..I’ll let my mum knw probably after my next appt when things r more or less confirmed since I’m over at place beri often, she’ll knw sooner or later….as 4 other relatives even my PIL, will wait 3 mths later...unless they saw something amiss....

Hello Miemie,

No.. she is not married.

Another married boss told me, in fact one kids is enuff. ask me to stop planning for 2nd wan.
She mentioned quality is more important than quantity. But she herself had 3 kids wor.

Hello, kekeke.... I mean after 3rd month. Typo error.....

Hi Precious Moment, I think your boss is being sex discrimation.... If you think you can copy with more than one then dun bother by your another boss... Cos I feel that is important to promote siblinghood as I see now many of my friends stop at one child only... At least in the future if our children need help, they can support or look out for one another.....
For the only child, who can help him/her when he/she needs help or advise....

Joyce, i agree with you... A single child seems quite lonely.. i used to fight with my brother when i was young, but now i seek his advice all the time.

hmm...i also dunno how to break the news to my boss. i think it will be weird, haha, cos i'm the only girl in the department. Sometimes, i get emotional during meetings he also dunno how to cope liao.

An ex-manager once remarked "If the company can still function without you for 4 months, the company can function without you forever." Jialat... my company has this kind of mentality

besides so many gassy drinks my wife cant drink, in fact, wat can she drink? fruit juices? y cannot announce so early to d public? wats d rationale?

Hi Gilbert,
Miscarriage always happen in the 1st 3 mths, thus we dun want to break the new so early.... if things did happen, is only a handful of us know only....
Just imagine previously I had announced I'm expecting. One week later, I had a miscarriage. And ppl come to u and starting asking your EDD.... I feel terible inside and get upset each time when ppl asking my for the EDD. And I had to tell them that I had lost the bb.....

I guess it's hard to say whether you are pregnant. Like today someone just ask me why I wasn't at work yesterday, and she asked whether it's because of good news, I just broke down and cried, coz I'm worried that my foetus is growing far too slowly. And this took place in a busy cafeteria, and some of the people came and asked me whether I was ok.

Hi Carlyn,
You may want to try korean strawberry (recently sell in shop&amp;save, NTUC, in small package, around $3.90). It is quite sweet and i felt it ease my nausea, not sure whether it works for u or not.

glass, it might due to hormone and u r getting emotional now. why not just tell ur col that "i didn;t come to work bcoz u are too irritating..LOL". :p

Ya <font color="0000ff">gilbert</font>, agree w joyce, tat’s the reason y I dun wan 2 tell so many ppl cos my first pregnancy, I told almost everybody...then suddenly it was an ectopic pregnancy..so everybody is asking when yr EDD etc..so my second pregnancy, din tell till after 3 mths..

<font color="0000ff">Glass</font>, during tis stage we’re usually beri emotional...dun tink too much abt the bb, stay +ve…things might nt b wat u tink... mi aso, dunno izzit too early to tell or really things nt gg well, cos my yolk nt tat obvious, seems like hiding in a corner…but then rite now I tell myself dun tink too much, stay healthy...

Hi <font color="0000ff">grace &amp; joyce</font>, strawberry helps har…I like strawberry even b4 I’m pregnant but I’m eating it unhealthy cos I always like to dip with sugar..hahaha...shall give it a try… thanks.

Hi MTBS...

I'm having my no.2 nw..1st one onli 8mths++..Will be gg for my 1st checkup wif gynae tml..Quite anxious to know when will be my EDD..

I have seen that some MTBs are having craving liao..But me no..no appetite for me..keep feeling nausea..damn suffering...

Advice to MTBs who have craving for laksa..Try to avoid eating too much..My 1st one..i oso have craving for laksa for a period &amp; i have to eat it almost every day..Ended up, my ger come up with high jaundice level..almost admitted to hospital..

So if can, try not to eat so much..perhaps at the later stage...

I have already tell my family members &amp; colleagues abt my 2nd pregnancy..All of them so shock..Coz i juz deliver my 1st child on end May'08..

talking abt strawberries.. you know the tv variety show with quan yi fong and that boy abt saving money? the guy was eating the pork knuckles with strawberries? after that commercial, i keep telling my DH, i wanna eat strawberry with pork knuckles.. wahaaha

Hi,
i am a little worried here. I was kinda spotting on tueday nite. Noticed on my panties and when i wiped myself after urinating.
Went to my gynea the enxt day. Was given a very painful hormones jab and told to eat the hormones pills thrice a day.
Today spent the entire day resting. But there is still spotting. I am very worried. Any advice? Was told to go abck to gynea two weeks later. Vscan showed that I am 6 weeks preggy. Could see the Sac and a small dot of the baby.Due date to be on 6 Oct. No heartbeat as it is still early.
But I am just worried about the spotting...

Mrs Neo,
My gynae is Dr HK Ho fr Mt Alvernia.

I have broke my preg news to my dept and lunch kakis and some close frenz.Frankly speaking I'm quite current that my preg will affect my work.It'll affect my performance too.Seem like most of you have craving.Cuurently my appetite is very poor and alson have a bit nausea.

Sianjiao,
As long you discovered u r preg,make an appt with your gynae.**Touchwood** If something bad happen to the baby,gynae may response to it. And of cos we have to take care ourselves too.

Hi All,

First post! I find it so comforting to have a community of the same timeline! *guffaws*

Anyway, I found out that I was preg on Feb 9, had an appt with the doctor on Feb 11 and I could see the Pea...

It is my first pregnancy so this took me completely by surprise...been married for awhile...and I thought I won't be so "moved" at all but hmmm...nearly cried.

I am also thinking of when to tell others I am preg. After reading so much online, beginning to feel worried about the so-many-things-that-can-go-wrong so here's saying a little prayer (not religious before but better be now) for all of us that we have a smooth and safe journey...

To Moob:
Here's the "membership" details. We have the same doc and quite close dates too!:
NICK BABY# EDD HOSP GYNAE
Xoxolight 1 8th Oct TMC Dr L N Sim

Hey gal.. i kinda told my big boss the news informally.. He was jio-ing pple to eat crabs at amk.. I was like, "Alamak.. i cannot eat crabs leh.." Then he asked, "why? U on diet ah?" I told him, "pregnant woman cannot eat crabs 1 mah!" And taaa taaa.. I already broke the news to him..

Was at 1st thinking of how to break the news to him.. cant possibly walk into his office and said, "hey, boss, i am pregnant.."

HI all,
Visited the gynae yesterday and cfm i shld be 7wks instead. I can see the bb and the heartbeat as well. My EDD is 1st oct.

I have told one of my colleague and parents only since many ppl say it is not advisable to announce to too many ppl.

Nowsaday, simply sleep very early as i am tired most of the time. Guess all MTB is feeling same as me. Glad to have the forum to support one another.

congrats ong, on seeing the heartbeat.. i can't wait for next week to see and hear the heartbeat! so anxious...

ya, nowadays i am also very tired, and lethargic.. its due to our body working doubly hard for the baby i read in the books..

Hi <font color="0000ff">twinky83 &amp; estelle</font>

Congratulations!!!
kao_cheers.gif
&amp; Welcome..

<font color="0000ff">Serene</font>, 4 my last pregnancy, I’m aso having spotting...so doc gave mi MC 2 rest at hm..I remembered on &amp; off, I’ve been given 3 wks MC 2 rest..she says sometimes is just tat our body is passing away the left over menses of last mth..but resting aso 2 prevent serious implications..dun worry...

Hehehe, <font color="0000ff">mrs neo</font>, gd way 2 let yr boss knw…my last pregnancy I aso dunno how 2 break the news 2 him but then cos doc gave mi 1 wk MC, so take the opportunity 2 let him knw lor...

<font color="0000ff">Ong</font>, gd 2 hear tat u can c yr bb &amp; the heartbeat, so now must take care...

Oh <font color="0000ff">miemie</font>, pork knuckles..hahahhaa....tat shows is featured how 2 go oversea &amp; save $ rite?

i think i will bring forward my gynae visit. waiting till 3 weeks later is simply too long

I've been tired lately, losing my sleep and my appetite too. I woke up at 5 and stared at the ceiling last night

carlyn>> yes yes yes! that pork knuckles.. 草莓 + 德国猪脚.. hehehe.. until now im still pestering my DH about that..

Hi siangjiao,
Initially my gynae visit was on 20 feb as that is the earliest available. But i was kancheong too and decided to visit another gynae yesterday instead for my first consultation.

Waiting is an agony and especially for us who are eager to know hw is the bb doing.

Just to side track a bit.. wat are u gals getting for ur hubbies for Valentine's day.. Err.. Having headache.. dunno wat to buy for my hubby! Any gd ideas to share? Wah.. very last minute.. but guess i am also really tired lately to go get anything

Mrs Neo, I didn't know pregnant cannot eat crab.. Was planning to have black pepper crab with hubby for V-day dinner. oh no, looks like need to change plan. So far, i was only told no pineapples and coconut juice.

i also have not gotten anything yet..too tired to think also. Come to think about it, last year, i only gave him a card

Hi Mrs Neo,
For me, not getting anything as i am too tired to bother about it. maybe u can get some gadgets as guy prefer those. A new handphone perhaps. If me, maybe just settle for a dinner will do w/o buying anything for each other since he is gettg tired too helping out with those hsework and looking after my son.

Hello Ladies,

Maternity Exchange is having its Major Madness Sale Now! Loads of Maternity, and Nursing wear, selected Lingerie and Diaper bags are going for up to 80% off! To get the best deals, shop both in store at Marina Square, #03-108 and online @ http://shop.maternityexchange.sg

SingaporeMotherhood.com readers get an additional 5% off sale items (applicable only at Marina Sq) . Simply print this page (http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/maternity_voucher.htm)and present it upon purchase.

* There's way more stuff at the Marina Square store so make the effort to come down. If you're too busy, then check out the online store instead @ http://shop.maternityexchange.sg

Happy Shopping!

Guess wat my funny friends said? They asked me to tie a ribbon ard my tummy... Cos the bb is the best gift to him le.. I cant stop laughing when i heard tat.. they are so funny hor?

siangjiao>> As to why pregnant woman cannot eat crabs.. its because the old pple believed that the baby will become many "Many legs and hands" like crabs after they are born.. like crabs.. means the bb cannot sit still.. Anyway.. I told them i prefer my bb to be active.. so, i went to eat crabs the other day.. but must remember.. all we eat.. must be in moderation...

Sighzz..a lot of supersitions for us to avoid too.. like no nails and hammer.. no using of scissors and sewing on our bed.. etc etc..

hi grace, joyce and carlyn, I guess I was just too emotional. I think the hormonal pills must be getting evil. I'm actually quite happy today. I'll just take things as they come.
Really felt like puking yesterday when someone vomitted in the office. I hope nausea won't be like that.

v-day pressie is a headache for me too.. that tie a ribbon ard the tummy is a good idea! maybe after work today i shall go and buy some ribbon and tie ard my tummy.. wahahaha

our initial plan was to go batam for a good massage and relak for the weekend, ended up we had to forgo the batam getaway and spend in SG coz preggy cannot do those traditional massage..

wad's the plan for tmr? i tik my DH did not really plan anything yet.. sigh, means if tmr gg to dine out, we need to spend a lot of time q-ing up.. and have to squeeze with the whole bunch of youngsters in orchard..

Hubby had made a cable car booking some time back.. b4 i knew i am pregnant.. was supposed to be a surprise for me.. but after we found out i am pregnant.. he had to tell me his plan.. in case i cannot take cable car..

Luckily I didnt really feel much of morning/evening sickness yet.. otherwise, i will be puking away in the cable car.. LOL...

Glass>> Jia you!!! Just relax.. dun give urself too much stress..

Hi Mrs Neo, I think your hubby is really very sweet of him.... Enjoy the special night with him and with your little one is the great gift for Valentine gift...

For me I am not getting anything, cos my love (BB) is greatest gift of all..... somemore I have already give him 2 children and 1 is on the way....

mrs neo, that's so sweet of your DH.. i tink women love pleasant surprises more than anything else, coz they are always planned with lotsa love and thots..

Back