(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

hi miemie, ya, if it's a boy again, i really save a lot only to get some nice gai gai clothings, diapers nia. I am intending to do bf cos the last round i din manage to bf all the way as I was too tired so my bm supply dropped. But as long the bb is healthy, it doesnt matter boy or gal.

Hi Carlyn, don worry too much ya?

Hi Carlyn,

Dun worry too much.... things will turn out well one. Today I also went to see my gynae, he also see water sac only. So my next check up is on 27 Feb. To check for BB's heartbeat.

For my gals, eldest now in 1/2 day child care and my second is taken taken by my MIL with maid.

Think positive, ok?

Hi Carlyn

At least you could see the waterbag, for me cannot see anything yet.. Dun worry la, everything will be fine! :D

hi joyce, same as u, we can only see the sac, can't detect the heartbeat yet, so will be going for my 2nd checkup on 28 feb to check the heartbeat.

moomoobb, joyce, miemie, thanks for yr encouragement... looking forward 2 my next appt.... keeping my finger cross...
kao_biggrin.gif

cos hve history of miscarriages, tat's y a bit worried...

just now really beri uncomfortable cos of my MS, then outside my office, there's those mini food vending machine...bought one potato chips & munch....hehehe...

carlyn, i believe that having faith in your bb is the most impt! hehe.. so keep on believing that your bb's fine, and bb will grow up healthily and strong!

im also looking fwd to my next appt which is on 19th feb.. its such a long wait, i wish i can bring forward my appt date!

yes RH = raffles hospital,i think i will stick with RH, quite comfortable with it though. anyway, do any one of you experience more M/S, mine seems to be decreasing ...

moomoobb, ya tat's wat i heard/seen ppl say...
kao_smile.gif

pinkiemie, tks.... oh my next appt & yrs the same, falls on 19 feb...

Hi Carlyn,
My gynae said is good sign to have MS. Luckily for my past pregnancies, I dun have much problem in MS... But for the first one, I have spotting till 3rd trimster and I was induced at Wk 39 due to high blood pressure....
Hope for this pregnancy, it will be going smooth for me....

Anyway, take care.....

hi carlyn, even my gynae say ms is a good sign,
happy.gif

hi mindy, mine seem to decrease but i cant be sure, cos my ms is like stock market, up and down...

i'm adding myself in
happy.gif

<font color="119911"><table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP </TD><TD>GYNAE </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim </TD></TR><TR><TD>MieMie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10th Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>famela</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11th Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</td></tr></table></font>

hai all,
im new here. think im 6 weeks old now n this is my 1st pregnancy. but to be honest, after reading the whole oct thread i dont really understand the terms that you all used. like : LS BB TC LI TMC EDD ES
may i know what is all that means ?

my gynae is Dr.Selena from Mt.E , and i really like her. i went to see her for my first time on last monday. she said that everything is okay. my 2nd app will be on 16th to hear the heartbeat

my ms was bad beefore i met my gynae, n that time i also not really sure that im pregnant. after she confirmed that im pregnant then it all become more sense. she advised me to eat every 2 hours, which i did. n it works. i dont feel ms anymore, but now im constantly need to eat something every 2 hours,even in the middle of the night.

really hope to make new friends with same experince here. really blind about all this. n im a stay home mom.
thanks

hi angeline! welcome! and congrats!
happy.gif

i try to 'decode' some of those that you don't understand yah?

LS = loose stools
BB = baby
TC = do u mean TTC? Trying To Conceive
LI = Lactose Intolerant
TMC = Thomson Medical Centre
EDD = Expected/Estimated Due Date
ES = East Shore (Hospital)

hope this'll help
happy.gif

hai famela,
thanks for the answers...
a bit diff to understand when reading the whole thread without really knowing what is the terms

thnaks a lot

may i ask what is the procedure/wat tests to expect for the first visit to d gynae after clear blue test positive?

Hi all MTB... I'm new to this thread too... Went to KKH last Monday and did a VS and saw the bb's heartbeat. Doc says that I'm about 6 weeks le.. Next appt is on 11 Feb to confirm EDD.

Had veri bad ms, but often in the afternoon, haiz... sianz... used to be able to eat alot, but now can't eat much... have to eat small portions and many meals...feeling tired easily too...

Anyway, still veri excited as this is my #1 preg.

Can recommend what kind of mummy's milk which will not have the strong milky taste? cos i can only drink Meiji Fresh milk. But my MIL says it's not good to drink do much cold drinks.

Hi SweetSweetie,

i am also new to the thread =)
My MIL also tells me not to drink so much cold drinks, so what i did was heat up the fresh milk so that its warm.... I realised after drinking the warm milk i can sleep much better at night =) hope it helps

Hi Cocomaro,
Thanks for the advice. Ya, I will wake up in the middle of the night, dunno why oso.. usually ard 4am - 5 am and can't sleep le ..
Will try the warming up of milk method...

Hi Cocomaro,

Does anyone noes a gynea in KKH called Anthony Siao?(if i got the surname correct).

I still hasnt choosen a gynea yet. I went to KKH 24 hr clinic for my VS last Monday and the doc looks so fierce... So scary ....

Thanks moobb, joyce... Tis time the MS really bad 4 mi...never experience such b4...

Joyce, u mentioned tat abt high blood pressure, was yrs cos of pregnancy tat's y u got it? Cos my last visit 2 gynae my high blood was a bit high, I've no history of high blood pressure although I hve family members hve it..doc says nt 2 worry cos all along my blood pressure was okie...my last pregnancy everything was okie, no high blood or diabetics..dunno will my high blood continues? Btw, was both yrs natural delivery?

Hi gilbert
Dunno izzit all gynae having the same tests given 2 pregnant ladies..mine was 2 take urine test 2 take a no of tests, I din really ask wat the test r...then they will take my weight &amp; blood pressure...then when c the gynae, she'll do scan.

Hi angelina, sweetsweetie &amp; bamboo_shoot
Congratulations &amp; Welcome!!!!

Angelina, oh I shall give it a try hehehe....i find it quite true, but can't confirm cos sometimes after eating food or hve some munching, I feel much better...really now can't eat much, little food full le...nt like last time quite an eater....hahaha

famela>> I am a little computer idiot.. how to add myself in?

NICK BABY# EDD HOSP GYNAE
Mrs Neo 1 3 Oct TMC Dr Joycelin Wong

Mobb>> We are having the same EDD and same hospital.. who knows we might be neighbours in the delivery suite.. Hehee..

Ask u gals hor.. if want to see bb's heartbeat must do a vaginal scan ah? Eeee.. How they stick inside ah?

I am starting to feel a bit nuseatic le.. though no MS yet..

hi mrs_neo

for the first three mths of yr pregnancy, when u visit yr gynae, they'll hve 2 do vaginal scan as bb too small to b viewed via tummy scan...then after yr 3 mths, they will do tummy scan...

they will use the stick 2 b inserted into yr vaginal but nt too in...oni a bit...just like when they do pap smear...

Oh no.. i had made my 1st "offerring" and "prayers" to the "Porcelin God" this morning.. Eeks.. dun really feel tat good..
sad.gif

hey bamboo shoot, before i was preggy, i went to this gynae in bedok for my pap smear.. her name is Dr YY Tan, and she is a registered gynae at ESH.. but the reason why i din go back to her this time is coz i need a doctor who is very sympathetic, who will issue MCs for me to rest at home, and I am not sure if Dr YY Tan will do that or not..

my gynae did not take any urine test for me when i went to see her last week.. but we did tell her that the HPT showed positive, and she asked if the positive sign was very obvious (which was)

she did a VS for me, and said that the walls are thickening which are promising signs of pregnancy.. and she din mention how many weeks i was in, my EDD, and only scheduled for my appt for 19th feb..

i got my EDD from peeping at her record book..

Hi All Oct Mom-to-be,

I have a few questions to ask, hope that i can get some advice from you ladies.

I have a very irregular cycle which range from 25 to 38 days and im not sure when is my ovulation day (last menses 7 Jan 2009). Today is already into my 34 days but still no menses. I have the following symptoms and I’m not sure whether they are just PMS or pregnant.

1–5 Feb – Sore nipples and cramp
6 Feb – Nipples less sore and cramp at night
7 Feb – Nipples no more sore, left breast start to be a little sore, feel giddy, tired and cramp but can’t sleep well.
8 Feb – Left breast more sore and tender, feel tired, giddy and nausea in the evening with a little cramp
9 Feb - Left breast more sore and tender, right breast start to feel a little sore and tired.

Some other on and off symptoms will be indigestion, like this minute feel hunger but after eating a little will feel so bloated and uncomfortable and easily irritated at times.

I have been taking home test kit since day 26 which is my shortest cycle and yesterday too but both negative.

Is it normal to have all those symptoms when menses is coming, especially the sore nipples which will goes off and start to have sore breast?

I should be joining this thread if really pregnant.
happy.gif

Hi Carlyn, my high blood pressure is due to the pregnancy. Both of my girls are normal delivery with epidual.

Hi Pearl, is common to PMS symptoms while u r pregnancy, such as sore breast, feeling nauses &amp; dizzy. I think I will suggest you to wait for five more days to take the test again as it may be still too early for the home kit to detect. (Since your last menses is 07 Jan).
Nevertheless, I hope you can join this thread real soon.....

Hi Angelina, Sweetsweetie &amp; bamboo_shoot,
Welcome &amp; congrats!

Hi everyone,

I am having my 2rd child too, shd be a oct bb, havent gone to see a gyne yet cos it is only 5week, but have book an appt @ KK on feb25. My 1st child is a boy so hope for a gal this time. Anyway if it a boy again, it doesnt matter to me too cos after 2rd child, no planing for 3rd liao, close factory le... Sinapore living stardard is so high, no $ for more, hahaha.... Oreadi spend so much $ zai pei the 1st child....

may i ask what is the procedure/wat tests to expect for the first visit to d gynae after clear blue test positive?

gilbert>> I went for my 1st visit to the Gynae last fri.. Expect the doc to ask u and ur wife abt some medical history of both families.. Get the weight/height and blood pressure of ur wife.. Do a scan.. to see whether can see the small little black dot.. plus urine test for glucose..

mrs neo,

will d doc confirm if my wife is pregnant during that 1st consultation? will d tests done before entering doc room?

hi joanne,
I am having 2nd child too. And our EDD could be around the same as i have yet to see the gynae yet due to only 5-6wks. Only tested +ve using the kit. Hoping for a gal too as first one is a boy :p

For mine, the nurse took my weight/height and blood pressure b4 the doc sees me..

From the scan, u will be able to see a small little black dot... they dunno call sac or wat lah... so, if there is, confirm ur wifey is pregnant!

hmm... i was reading about the short forms for the words... so i am rather curious with LS.
What has LS got to do with pregnancy?

hi ladies!

am so happy so decided to come in and share the joy. i went to visit gynae today and able to see the water bag lying nicely in my <font size="+2">uterus</font>!
happy.gif
am so hapy because my 2nd pregnancy resulted in an ectopic (in the fallopian tube) so was worried about this one. glad glad glad that it's in the correct place this time round. of course, plenty more hurdles to cross - like hearing heartbeat, crossing 1st trimester etc - but this is also considered 1 major hurdle for me who's got a history a recent ectopic that i can't help but rejoice!
happy.gif
hurrah for little miracles!

hi welcome <font color="119911">joanne</font>
happy.gif
and congrats! am at 5 weeks too so our edd should be around the same time
happy.gif
am also hoping for a girl this time round cos first one's a boy. but boy or girl, i will most gladly accept and be eternally grateful as long as he/she is healthy and happy
happy.gif

<font color="119911">mrs neo</font>, i added you in already
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP </TD><TD>GYNAE </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Neo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelin Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>MieMie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10th Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>famela</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11th Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

anyone else missed out? i think there's a couple of new MTBS. lemme know if you want me to add you in yah?

<font color="119911">mrs neo</font>,

to see baby heartbeat don't always need to do v-scan. v-scan only done in the initial stages when the baby's really too tiny to be seen using normal ultrasound. if i don't rem wrongly, my last pregnancy at 7 weeks can do normal ultrasound already. i may be wrong though cos it's been a couple of years already..
happy.gif
don worry, the v-scan is not scary. they will use a probe (stick-like thingy) but it'll be covered with a condom-like covering for hygiene and adequately lubricated. and they'll only insert the front part in. you just relax only.

if the baby is big enough and the pregnancy has progressed well enough, no need for v-scan liao. don't worry yah?

hi ladies,

Todae i just went to see my gyne, he ask me to come back 2 weeks time to c my bb heartbeat. as my calculation i should be 5 to 6 weeks, from my cousin info she said bb heartbeat should be seen in this period, but today i only can see sac.

So supposely when can we see our bb heartbeat?

hi ladies,

Todae i just went to see my gyne, he ask me to come back 2 weeks time to c my bb heartbeat. as my calculation i should be 5 to 6 weeks, from my cousin info she said bb heartbeat should be seen in this period, but today i only can see sac.

So supposely when can we see our bb heartbeat?

hi famela, do add me in too, this is my 2nd pregnancy, the first pregnancy, i couldnt detect a heartbeat thus have to end the pregnancy
sad.gif
hopefully this time round it will work out! my EDD still unknown, didnt manage to ask the gyn during the first appt, i went RH under Dr Watt

Hi all, i am ard 7 weeks preg, 1st time mom. EDD in Sept. Hope to learn more here and share my experiences with all of you. =)

I havent got a gynae yet, anyone got any recommendations for good female gynae that's not too ex around north area? Thanks!

sorry to interupt.

Selling away Medela Harmony Breast Pump @ $50 with original packaging.

Used only once, self collection.

Interested pls pm me.
2142948.jpg

Good morning everyone!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">hi peggy</font>,

I'm oso 5 weeks preggy. during my appt with gynae yest could only see the water bag but not the heartbeat. Doc oso said come back in 2 weeks time. she mentioned that in order to see the baby, the water sac needs to be at least 2cm. at 5 weeks, the water bag usually ard 1cm so tt's why cannot see anything yet.

my first baby oso same case. 5 weeks cannot see much. went back at 7 weeks then saw the heartbeat. so don't worry yah?
happy.gif

let's keep sending positive vibes out to our little bubs so that they grow strong and healthy!
happy.gif

Here you go <font color="119911">mindy</font>
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP </TD><TD>GYNAE </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Neo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelin Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>MieMie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10th Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>famela</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11th Oct</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>mindy lee</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Watt</td></tr></table>

famela>> Congrats!!!

I am seeing Dr Joyceln on 23 Feb.. Seems like this 2 weeks passed by so so slowly.. Sighzz.. Cant wait to see her.. cos, by the next visit, shld be able to detect the bb's heartbeat le..

Based on LMP, i am supposed to be abt 6 weeks last friday.. But based on the size from the ultra scan, i shld only be 5 weeks plus a bit then.. My hubby was saying 5 weeks shld be the right 1.. cos he remember clearly that we didnt make baby 6 weeks ago.. LOL...

For those who have yet to meet the gynae for your first appointment and/or have not calculated your EDD yet:

<font color="0000ff"> When is Your Due Date?</font>

The traditional way to calculate a due date is to subtract three months from the first day of the LMP (last menstrual period) and then add seven days. For example:

* You have a LMP of 3rd Jan 2009 (3/1/2009)
* Subtract three months, bringing you to October (3/10/2008).
* Add seven days, bringing you to 10 Oct 2008 (10/10/2008)
* Then adjust the year to the next year to October 2009 (10/10/2009)
* Thus, your due date becomes 10 October 2009 (10/10/2009)

Because women get pregnant in all the months of the calendar, some of which have 28, 29, 30 and 31 days, calculation of due dates is rarely precise. As a result, a baby is considered full-term three weeks before the estimated due date (EDD).

taken from parenting.ivillage.com

famela, congrats!!!....
kao_cheers.gif
glad 2 hear tat u r doing well....do take care....
oh frm the guidelines u given, then mine EDD is 7 Oct 09...

mrs neo, agree, 2 wks passed by slowly, i aso can't wait 2 knw how's the little one is in my tummy....hehehehe...

been stuffing myself w food 2 keep my MS down...too full aso cannot, so really hve 2 eat bit by bit.....

Back