(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

i changed my userid from pinkiemie to summer_ice, so starting from zero..

thanks Carlyn! just worried that im too kiasu to have the appt the moment i know im preggy.. coz i read that many MTBs only go for the scan like when they are in their 6th week or sthg..

which gynae you gg to?

we haven decided yet.. might be going to a few gynae's to reccee out the clinic and if we are very comfortable with the gynae.. tmr's first appt will be with Dr Chen at Punggol

how is Dr Yvonne Chan's charges like? her packages?

hi everyone, i am also a oct09 mtb and 5wks now, my gynae is Dr Sim Lee Ngor at TMC. This is my #2 bb, first one is a boy, so hoping to have a gal this one. EDD shld be 1st oct, but gynae will have a firm edd when going for my next check up.

Hi Diana,
Thank you. I should be around 5 weeks plus now.

Hi Carlyn,
This is my 3rd child. I have 2 daughters who borned in Jul 06 & Oct 07 respectively

hi diana, congrats, finally u preg, so our bbs is in the same mth, uni's owner here, ;). so u considering tmc?

Hi Diana,

I am still learning leh... Both of my kids are quite difficult to handle now... They are especially close with me these days.... Seem like they can feel a new member is coming...Now come the 3rd one, dun really know whether I can managed anot....

Darling, definitely can manage!! Haha..I believe you have a doting husband to help you out. Are you a SAHM ?

Hi moobb, thanks! Not considering tmc
sad.gif

wow, alot of mummies here have lots of experience =) can share expeience with a first time mummy like me =)
Had booked an appt with Prof Biswas from NUH for my first scan in 2 weeks time.....hmmm hopefully by then should be able to see my bb....at first wana to take TMC Joycelyn Wong but afraid that the waiting time will be too long....duno whether the charges for NUH will be higher than that of other hospitals...

Mrs Neo, I checked it at few diff website and calendar, mine is a boy? Yet to find out. Thanks for sharing with us.

hi diana, hhee, ok, ;)

hi cocomaro, i am not very experienced but still can share some info or two.
happy.gif

I am starting to have bad ms since yesterday, merlion in the morning and and nite, ughh, anyone having bad ms like me?

Hi Diana,

I am not a SAHM... Cos my hubby is not that rich to afford. :p

Hi all mummies,

I think most of us the prediction is the BOY... So I think we shall see if it indeed is accurate... ;)

hi joyce, ya i guess so,
happy.gif
hahah, we shld see when we are 18-20wks then we will know our bbs are gal gal or boy boy.

I see.. Hope after tmr.. i can also be a SAHM... After striking the 10 million toto.. *dream dream dream* Heeee...

Hi all,
any good doc to recommend who are fm KKH private suite? My previous gynae was Dr sim fm TMC now. She used to be with KKH 5 years ago. Worry abt unforseen complications therefore prefer KKH although cost is very much more expensive as compare to private.

Anyone to recommend pls?

hi mrs neo, i also want to strike tmr ahhaa!

hi ong, ur gynae used to be dr sim too? she is my gynae for my #1 and current one. did u check with her if she is able to deliver for u at kk? I only remember she is able to deliver at other hosp but nt too sure abt kk.

hi miemie

Yvonne chan charges is like $100 plus each visit, but if I remember correctly the first visit was abt $120-$140…her packages can only be signed when you are in your 16/20 wks (can’t remember the exact wk) but know not immediately you can sign the packages..

Hi Linda

Congratulations!!!

Joyce, who is looking after yr gals now? Yr gal age quite close hor…

Mrs neo, moomoobb, these chart izzit base on lunar age & lunar conception mth …initially saw these frm other forum but the mummies who intro says is base on lunar…if lunar i dunno wat’s mine…hehehehe…

Mrs neo, YEAH…the 10 million TOTO.. i aso wanna strike...hahaha...

Later tis afternoon gg c my gynae, quite excited...hope everything turn out fine..

Moomoobb, mi yesterday din really merlion, but whole day feel beri nausea… uncomfortable.. my first pregnancy I dun remember having such feeling, tink tis time I gonna hve a hard time..

hi miemie, usually most packages will only be sign up after 12 or 20 wks, my gynae one is 12weeks then able to sign package if i recall.

hi carlyn, hhaha, my first preg i only merlion from wk 9 for a mth after that stopped but this one start merlion at wk 5 which is earlier even if no merlion, will feel nausea at times. but i will always hungry every 2-3hrs.

u mean the chart? yes it's based on lunar, u need to add 1 yr into ur age, like 21 + 1 = 22 yo.

I am also gng to see Gynae this evening.. a Doc Kee at Jurong Point.. Cos i really cant wait till 23 Feb then see Doc Joyceln.. I wanna know if everything is okie mah.. At least can set my mind at ease..
happy.gif
Cant wait for this evening to come..

i just went to see gynae this morning, too early to see the water sac.. made another appt to see her in 2 weeks time.. hope everything's fine!

may i ask when how do u feel b4 u know u r pregnant? i mean, did u feel bloated? my wife has been late for few days, n she feel bloated these 2 days...she doesnt hv MS though

the whole week before i knew i was pregnant, i had no appetite and felt full after a little food intake.. and kept burping..

so far no MS yet *touchwood* gynae told me that usually MS will start ard the 5th week onwards..

gilbert, since your wife is late for a few days, buy a HPT and test la! maybe there are some good news! and then we'll welcome you to the Oct thread le!! :D

wow! haven't been able to come in and today so many posts already!
happy.gif
i dono where to start.

hi Oct MTBs!!!
happy.gif
welcome welcome!

Hi <font color="119911">Joanne</font>... sorry i took so long to reply to you. i'm so sorry to hear about your case. *hugs*

i dono about confinement.. i didn't do any formal confinement. i had to go for an operation to remove the baby from my fallopian tube and then was given 1 month MC to rest and recuperate. I took more no-pay-leave to recover emotionally. a little depressed after that episode.

my gynae at that time told me to wait 2 months before trying again. I didn't get back to serious TTC straight away though. I think a part of me was a bit worried that it might happen again, KWIM? so we waited a bit, and then we tried some months and let some months go. Took it slow and we conceived this month, naturally. The ectopic was last march. So it has taken us quite a good few months of real trying before we actually conceived. and even now, i am being very cautiously happy because they said that a history of an ectopic pregnancy increases your chances by about 13% of having another ectopic *shudders*

I suggest having a good talk with your doc. And heed his/her advice.

Don worry too much yah? easier said than done, i know. I know how depressing it is to lose something that you've wanted for so long. Cheer up, let your body heal well, and then try again ok? You can do it!
happy.gif
*hugs* *hugs*

re <font color="119911">drinking milk</font>

i drank plenty of milk when i was preggy the first time mainly because my mom said that it'd be good for the baby. i drank magnolia's fresh milk mostly.

then i heard horror stories from my best friend's mom who's a nurse of many2 years about mommies whose teeth started dropping off after pregnancy and breastfeeding due to a lack of calcium truout their pregnancies!!!! imagine losing our teeth!!

so i kept drinking my milk! and ate all the calcium supplements the doc gave me. and i made sure that i ate lots of veges with high calcium content too. i love my teeth lei. hehehe
happy.gif

hi <font color="119911">mummy ong</font>! welcome!

my gynae is Dr Irene Chua for KKH TPS. she's nice!!
happy.gif

mine used to be Judy Wong (oso KKH) and she was superb in my opinion - she was excellent during my labour and helped made it so easy for me. i loveeeee her. after i gave birth, i recommended her to my colleague and 2 girlfriends and they ALL loved her too!!! unfortunately, she's left KKH and gone to TMC last April.

when i had my ectopic last year, she was already on leave and she was the one who recommended Dr Irene Chua to me. I'm happy with her recommendation so far. Been through the ectopic with her and just saw her again last monday. so far, so good!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">carlyn</font>!! wah MS strike already?! yikes!! i am not looking forward to MS striking me..
sad.gif
I hope i don't get it as bad as the last time.... hoping.... hoping...

hang in there girlfren!
happy.gif

hi <font color="119911">gilbert</font>

before i got my BFP, i was feeling feverish, bloated. ate very little and full easily. then hungry again after an hour or so... but my biggest clue was the feeling that i was getting a fever la... i read that your temp increases when you're pregnant. but the increase in temp is small which cannot be picked up by a normal thermometer cos it doesn't display decimal places... the increase in temp prob explains my feeling feverish la

i suggest asking your wife to test!! since she's a few days late already the test can pick up already. i tested 2 days before my menses was due and managed to get a faint positive.
happy.gif

good luck!! and i hope you get the results you're waiting for.

ok gtg... meeting now... hope to chat with you mommies later!
happy.gif

share share experiences
happy.gif
and support each other tru this pregnancy
happy.gif

hi all, i also tested positive and went to see a gyn, well, according to her i am in my 5th week plus, can see the yolk sac but have to go back in 2 weeks time in order to know more, pretty anxious, hopefully everything goes well, bec my first preg, there was no heartbeat and growth, was very disappointed!!!
now only feel tightness and nauseous but no merlion though, have some cramps occassionally so took some medicine from the gyn
i went RH, guess not a popular choice for most ppl?

ladies > sorry to disturb.I'm a Jan 09 mum.I have excess "da feng cao " to let go at $2 per pkt.Still unopened and unused.

I also have some gluntinous rice wine,sesame oil and black vinegar to let go once i'm done with my confinement nxt week. Do pm me if u keen.

take care and enjoy ur pregnancy

RH = Raffles Hospital?
Actually I wanted to take RH too, but now still searching ard for a gynae although we did go to a gynae yesterday, we haven decided if we wanna take her... DH says we shall take our time to decide since usually the packages start at week 12 or 16..
But now I am thinking of East Shore coz we're staying in the East, more convenient for our parents and us also (when i pop)..
But DH says East Shore is not a very Baby Hospital, he still prefers Mount A..
So until we can reach a consensus and confirm our gynae, its still a KIV!

good morning ladies!!

miemie, i agreed with your DH, ES is not very baby friendly as compared to other hospitals which my gf had some unhappy incidents when she sent her sick bb to ES last yr.

ladies, can u let me know the details below so that i can do up a table?

NICK:
EDD:
BABY# 1 OR 2 OR ETC:
HOSP:
GYNAE:

I had do up an example below:

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP </TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NICK</TD><TD>BABY#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>HOSP </TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moobb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3rd Oct</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MieMie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10th Oct</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

in the later stages, we will be able to add on another column - Gender!
can't wait to start buying baby clothes!! :D

6th sense they call it?! hehe

my frens guess that im gg to have a girl, but i have a feeling im gg to have a boy..

if you're having a boy this time round, you can save a lot on the clothes and toys le ma! also good leh!

actually as long as healthy is good enough le! but there is still this teeny inkling hope that i will have a girl thou!

Hi Famela,
Thks for your recommendations. Will probably look for her since not many choices aro.

Hi all MTB,
Just to let u all know that if u opt for c section(awake)in KKH, they Do not allow hus to accompany in. This is the bad point that i don't like about them as private do allow.

Hi all

yesterday went 2 c my gynae...actually mi quite worried…doc can't predict much...wat happen was base on my last menses, doc says is abt 5 wks…then when she scan she says my waterbag looks like 6 wks…she tries 2 look 4 the yolk, she says might b hidding in a corner of my waterbag or cannot be seen yet, then after a few tries, she saw something at the corner of my waterbag, she says tis can b the yolk…she says frm my scan can't deduce my EDD cos can't c much…I ask her is there any abnomalities, she says no…she ask mi 2 go back 2 wks later, she says tat will b the cruical mit up..I told her I started 2 get nausea on Wed, she says then I might b 6 wks pregnant…but can b 5wks gg to 6 wks…she showed mi pics of 5wks or 6 wks wat shd b seen, but mine at 5 wks my yolk nt like the pics…tat nt obvious…I'm a bit worried..izzit mine nt growing, tat's y at 6wks, the yolk still can't b seen? keeping my finger cross...on the other hand, the scan mini rpt she gave us, she wrote there sac &amp; yolk can b seen ley...dunno izzit she aso dun wanna commit/say much cos everything is still early...i remember my last pregnancy, my first visit 2 the doc, doc says I might b in 6 wks but then the scan shows the bb heartbeat, tat means I'm in wk 7 I'm delighted cos can c heartbeat.. hmmm tis time rd.... doc gave mi "an tai" med ... Keeping my finger cross

Famela, oh will increase har, dunno now izzit I hve go through another miscarriage b4 I can hve a successful pregnancy? My MS nt tat bad, but feel uncomfortable lor..kept wanting 2 throw up...

Moomoobb, ya mi too will feel hungry often, &amp; dunno izzit hungry or wat tat makes mi nausea…tink both of us wanna a gal tis time, hope we both hve wat we want..
happy.gif

Back