(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

morning all MTBs!

i haven had any symptoms of MS, and am rather worried in fact.. wondering if my BB is growing well..

the 2 weeks to the next gynae appt seems to be crawling for me too..

Hi all,
I think i am around 5 or 6wks but i can't believe i can feel the bb heart beat at this stage!! I have ask my Hb to feel it just to make sure and he can feel it too! Yet to see a gynae as waiting for 1 more wk so gynae can scan something. If too early, maybe can't see the bb yet. Will update my EDD once i have seen the gynae.

wow ong, you can feel your BB heartbeat? wow wow wow.. care to share how it feels like? im a first time MTB and very anxious abt any little progresses! :D

It is much stronger than my own heartbeat as i put my hand to feel it. The heartbeat seems to be different during difference timing. Daytime can't feel much as we are moving aro. I always feel it during nite time when i lying on bed and especially when i off the light. I have been monitoring daily and so far i have been feeling it daily at nite since the past few days.

pinkiemie, nt 2 worry if u dun hve MS...i remember my last pregnancy, i dun hve such MS as tis pregnancy....even my last pregnancy, dun tink mine was MS, oni knw tat if i'm hungry i'll feel uncomfortable but nt nausea...MS really depends on individual...

oh ong, can feel it har...yr bb heartbeat tat strong...hehehe...i tink i oni felt bb movement & kicks after 16 wks...i remember once i was on bus, sitted facing ppl, i was wearing slightly tighter clothing, when my bb moves, the person in front can c it & smile at mi...hehehe...it was so obvious...

hi Carlyn, so its a norm not to feel nausea? coz everyone is like having the MS, and i have no symptoms at all in fact.. only sore breasts, but not always sore.. it's like sometime in the day it will be very painful, somedays it will be normal and not sore at all..

and the fact that the previous gynae appt i did not see the sac at all, made me a bit worried now, its making me doubt if im preggy.. if not for the fact there is a BFP on the HPTs, i dunno how else to re-assure myself..

i keep telling myself to stay positive, but sometimes it just gets a bit depressing..

thanks famela for adding me, i am seeing the gyn for 2nd time next week, guess i would be about 7weeks plus, hope i can see my bb heartbeat then, am pretty anxious!

I am so excited abt the progress of our pregnancies!!! Nearer the date, we can include columns like the sex of our bb... etc etc.. Looking really forward to all these!!! Yippy!!!!

hi everyone! i'm expecting my #2 in Oct. Haven't seen gynae yet. Maybe next wk or so, as now is too early to see heartbeat. Like some of u here, I'm counting down the days!

Moobb and famela, how old are your #1s?
happy.gif

thanks <font color="119911">carlyn</font>!!! happy happy happy!
happy.gif
at least this time it's in the correct place alrady hor?

<font color="119911">miemie</font>
i don feel anything as well.. no nausea no anything except for on and off sore boobies.. same same! like you i was oso worried but gynae has assured that different pregnancies will be different. plus it's still rather early. for my previous pregnancy, i suffered terrible MS from 6 weeks to 12 weeks. i've got frens who only got it from 7/8 weeks... so don't worry yah? positive vibes! positive vibes!
happy.gif
hee hee.. i constantly haf to tell myself this too.
happy.gif

re <font color="119911">baby's heartbeat</font>
i think we're all anxious to see our baby's heartbeat yah? just to confirm that he/she is growing well... 2 weeks seem like an eternity!! i do sooO agree with all of you! bah

<font color="119911">mrs neo</font>
me too!! looking forward to seeing baby grow and getting to know gender and all
happy.gif

<font color="119911">ryne</font>
my son's currently 32 months - 2 years and 8 months old. been waiting quite a while to give him a sibling
happy.gif
what about your #1? girl or boy?

<font color="119911">ong</font>
wah!! can feel heartbeat?
happy.gif
must be exciting for you. that must be one strong heartbeat there. i asked gynae but gynae said cannot feel.. that it's our own heartbeat pulsing in the artery running tru our belly...? idk..

Hi famela &amp; carlyn,
Ya, i was at first in doubt that there is heartbeat as bb was so tiny at 5 or 6wks. But i only feel it when i am in a quiet room at nite. if watching TV or doing something, then i can't sense it at all.

shld be seeing a gynae nx wk to cfm
happy.gif

famela>> yeah, i know staying positive is very impt right now.. trying hard to do that.. just wishing that time will go a little bit faster and let 19th feb come sooner! at least it will clear my doubts and i wun feel so insecure..

<font color="119911">miemie</font>
i know i know...
happy.gif
i oso know how to say only la.. having to wait for 26th feb is like killing me. i've got so many questions and i forgot to ask her yest when i saw her. sigh

hi famela,
my girl's 29mths. Wow, their ages quite close!
happy.gif
I'm hoping for a boy this time. U?

all mummies,
are u still taking folic acid? it's good to continue taking. For my 1st pregnancy, i took till after 1st trimester.

wad qns do you all ask the gynae? i dunno wad i need to know or wad i should ask.. when my gynae asked me during the 1st appt "Any qns?" DH and I looked at each other then shook our heads.. we dunno wad we should be asking!

Mrs Neo>> ^5 happy to hear that im not the only one ard! have you like shortlisted some? or any criteria in the name selection?

<font color="119911">ryne</font>
yah their ages are a mere 3 months apart!
happy.gif
good time to be getting a sibling i hope. since first 1 is a boy, of course a girl would be ideal. but as long as he/she is healthy and well, i really don't mind their gender. don't mind another boy cos already know what to expect and do. hehehe
happy.gif

i'm still taking folic acid. will finish it til end of 1st tri la
happy.gif

Miemie, dun worry, shd b quite normal nt 2 b nausea...yeah stay +ve...nvm, we’ll count down together to our next visit..I just changed my next appt to 21 (sat) instead of 19 cos wanna save our leave..so another 3 more days 2 wait...

Ya famela, things r looking gd means gd things r coming yr way...mi aso hoping 4 a gal tis time..hehehe..hope our wishes come true..old ppl were saying if yr pregnancy the symptoms r different, means gender is different..how true izzit...no idea…

<font color="119911">carlyn</font>
just have to wait and see hor?
happy.gif

ok ladies,

am going home now. chat later yah? take care, peepz!
happy.gif

miemie, no i've checked w the nurses on my last visit, she says dr dun issue MC for checkup but can issue time off cert...on my last pregnancy, i aso din go 4 wkday visit cos my hb cannot apply so many leave...but now hve childcare leave of 6 days at least better, but wanna save it 4 my son...

but i remember when i went 4 a detailed scan in my 20 plus wks 4 my last pregnancy, my doc able 2 give me MC cos of tat, it's a full day affair...remember taking my lunch there as well...hehehe...

carlyn>> i see.. so the MTBs are supposed to go back to work after the checkup? and the thing is, the DTBs have no time off.. Poor daddies, they have to sacrifice leaves to accompany us for checkups.. so i guess usually pple try to arrange the appt on a Sat to avoid taking too much leaves!

ya miemie, hve 2 go back 2 work but sometimes the timing is like 4/5, how 2 go back...&amp; nt a lot of co hve tis kind of time off, difficult 2 record...leave is easier but leave oni half/full day...actually i aso wanted a sat for my next visit but was full, so hve 2 b on waitlist, then just now clinic says is available.....19 feb is my alternate choice...

woo.. if on 19th feb, will be same as me le, then we can anxiously wait together.. hehe
and i noticed that our EDD is difference of one day..

at KKH , the docs doesnt work on weedends, so all my appts are on weekdays, working hours. My 2nd appt is tomoro and hoping to be able to c my precious baby... kekeke .. so excited. Last week I'm 6 weeks, so this week should be 7 weeks le... Will update you all for my EDD..

Sweetsweetie, so excited for u, to be able to see ur previous bb tmr =)

my next appt is one week later....haiz...so anxious to know whether bb is growing well too.... For my check up, will most prob be taking half day leave and work in the morning

I'm new to this thread.
Does anyone know how to calculate the nos of week your BB is now? My LMP is on 03 Jan and my colleague say that i will be in my week 6 this week but some say that this week is my week 5... i'm confuse. Can anyone advice? My gyn appointment is this sat (14 Feb), hope i can hear my bb HB.

Hi everyone,

My edd also on 03 Oct ;same as Moobb and Mrs Neo.This is my 2nd pregancy;having mixed feeling.Happy for new member but has to restart those midnight awake routine.
sad.gif

Halo All

I m new to this forum and this is my very first post - yup, at 4:50am! I m 6 weeks preggy and this is my first bb
happy.gif

I have MS usually around 4 to 5:30am but today I woke up not feeling well at 3:33am. I try to stock up grapes and strawberries in the fridge and will have them when I feel unwell. So far, the fruits helps. I also discovered I like 100plus drink now which I never liked before. Doctor said I can have 6 glasses of water and 2 glasses of 100plus each day
happy.gif
Have anyone tried it?

4:55am now...I better go and get some beauty sleep...zzzz

hello everyone,
I have started taking hormones pills for a couple of days. My gynae mentioned to me to stablise the bb.
I now start getting tired and very emotional these 2 days....
plus I got the craving for laksa..... very sinful food.... ;P

helo all,
Me oso waking up daily in the middle of the nite with a hungry stomach.And i will feel so hot and stuffy. Normally will be awake for 1hr plus before i could turn in again. My HB is also complaining of not enough sleep as i keep tossing aro and getting up the bed in the middle of nite.

wonder if we will get better as we progress.

Hi Joyce,
ME too! i got craving for laksa and i am eating it daily for my lunch. We know it is no good but we simply crave for it. for my first bb, i got craving for ice cream.keke...

Doc gave mi tis duphaston med, one of my colleague saw it, she says is a kind of hormone pill, tat’s y will feel uncomfortable..was it the case? Cos a few days b4 I c my doc, I started 2 feel a bit of nausea, but these few days worst…how 2 ease my discomfort?

Hi soh, rachiru &amp; mrs lundquisto

Congratulation!!
kao_cheers.gif
&amp; Welcome..

Soh, it aso depends on the no of days of yr period cycle… but when u visit yr gyane, u’ll more or less knw how many wks u r in..

Ya rachiru, the midnite routine...especially the first mth, frequency of bb eating &amp; poo poo really kept us busy...

Mrs lundquisto, fruits help har…4 mi dunno wat will really helps, I really beri uncomfortable cos of my nausea..yest dunno izzit the food I ate cannot digest, end up I throw up some of my food…oni when I sleep, i dun feel nausea..

Ong1312, I oni remember mi couldn’t sleep well later phase of my last pregnancy cos of my tummy…can’t find a gd position 2 sleep…

hello! i've also been craving sinful food...

Joyce, Ong,
I can smell the laksa already! oh no... haha...

Making me crave for katong laksa too!!! Errr... Poor hubby.. gotta send me from Jurong to Katong just to eat a bowl of laksa! LOL...

Hi mummies,

The following items are for sale:

1) full set of the Medela Harmony pump (used only once) + Brand new (opened) membane valve (1pc) &amp; Brand new membranes (3 pcs) all selling at $50

2148905.jpg

2) BN valve &amp; membrane set selling at $28 (retail price ~$30)

2148906.jpg

3) (Used only once) NUK standard neck bottles without teats
- 4pcs x 125ml + 2pcs x 250ml selling at $40

2148907.jpg

4) BN Avent Airflex Newborn Starter Kit + 1pc BN Avent feeding bottle (125ml) selling at $40

2148908.jpg

Self collection at AMK or SengKang train station.

Interested please pm me.

can i join u all? my wife tested positive in clearbklue, accordingly to LMP, she is now 5 wks. hv booked gynae in 2 weeks time. read that go too early cannot detect heartbeat. wat my wife shd eat more now? she doesnt like milk. she has been tkg folic acid since.

welcome gilbert, and congratulations!!

ever since i tested BFP, i just stopped taking raw food, iced water.. that's all, other than that, i just eat wad i feel like eating! i dun drink milk too, so im also not sure wad to replace with that.. soya bean milk?

Kekeke... so many mummies having the same taste bud.... Can meet up for a good bowl of laksa already....May be taste even better with all the mummies around to share the experience.

Hi all, I'm joining this thread even though my EDD is not confirmed yet. On the ultrascan paper, it put down 10 Oct as EDD.

Based on my last period, I should be around 8-9 weeks, but when I went for my first scan today, the gynae said I'm only at 5 weeks plus. I saw the sac, and she saw a faint heartbeat.

So she's putting me on duphaston to ensure that the foetus is growing well, and I'll go for a second checkup next week to see the progress.

She said it could be due to late ovulation, so conception took place later. My period cycle is usually quite ok, until the third month or so, when it is much longer than usual.

It's my first pregnancy. Currently I'm just very hungry all the time, but my gynae said that with the duphaston, I may get nausea. I'll see how things go.

Hi Carlyn, my gynae gave me MC for today, but I have since tried to schedule my appointments in the afternoon, so that I don't need to take MC. I think I need to conserve them. So I guess you may need to find a gynae who is more sympathetic if you want MCs.

Hi Joyce, I have never eaten laska before, so don't think I want that. But I'm craving for nasi goreng, especially the ones from local hotels. Right now is chicken wing. I'm probably just greedy.

hihi. i am from sept mtb thread.. drop by to kpo around here. lOl!

not only coke has caffein... root bear also have... but i think got one kind dun hv.. you can check it out... :)

also dont eat dang gui kk! and dont eat broad beans! no cabbage too! less or no kang kong! :)

hi gilbert

no problem...congratulations!! &amp; welcome...

hi glass, u aso on duphaston &amp; yr gynae mention tat u'll get nausea cos of the med har...so might b the same 4 mi lor...cos after c my gynae &amp; taking the med i feel my nausea even worst, b4 seeing her slight nausea but nt tat serious...tink hve 2 wait till i c my gynae then knw whether i must continue w the med &amp; aso more or less confirm the stability of my bb....
yr gynae nt bad hor...the nurses dun give but sometimes the doc will give but i never ask....i'm okie cos if i take wkday, my hb aso hve 2 take leave....

Back