(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

cookiezz,
I think julia gabriel is really 'hot'! I called up to enquire if they have trial classes and their trial classes are full for this term! If I'm not wrong, got waiting list also.. and ya, it's EX! But I heard many good feedbacks on JG, so thinking of going for the trial..

How much is Julia Gabriel's trial class?

Oh and I'm moving soon right and I think my parents-in-law expect a set of my house keys... no idea how to say no
sad.gif

<font color="119911">Marie</font>
Dun mention about the keys, never touch on topics anyway near "keys" hahha Firstly, must discuss with your hubby and agree that u are not giving spare keys to in laws. Then dun mention abt keys to in laws unless they ask for it and then let their son tell them u guys prefer not to let parents (including yours) have your house keys but they are welcome to visit.

<font color="ff0000">Sept babies playgroup</font>
When is this happening? Still on the 24th?

~cookieszz~
Hugs.. I can feel for you.. sometimes find it v hard to communicate with mil... Tell her this n that and she dun listen! Arrghhh.. If explain to her my PD say A, she will say orh n over-ride what my PD say with her own thinking n say is B. I hv to keep correcting her n explaining to her...

Does she hv keys to ur hSe? I hope not... = P

this is abit outdated but I am interested in the sep babies playgroup! Sounds fun. Is it still on? I live v close to enxuan Somemore.. Will b fun to join u girls!

~marie~
oh No.. Never give ur in laws keys... Agree w itsy not to touch on tat topic... Juz dun say anything.. Unless ur in laws r thick skinned to ask..

Thanks girls, I actually just called the husband and spoke to him. And he says that they can't just come over esp when we're at home, on leave etc and he'll tell them if they ask. PHEW!

I just got so worried cos they were saying how they have keys to my sister in law's house.

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Happy Bellies, Teething Tablets, Old Navy have arrived...</font></font>

I'm gg to Tanjong Pagar at 6.30pm.

Those who wanna me pass u ur stuffs along the way from Yishun MRT to Raffles Place, sms me please...

thanks..

Princess

I agree with Michelle. He will only be grouchy a few days but once you make it a habit for him to sleep at certain timing in future he'll auto sleep when the clock strikes. Give and take 30 mins. Hehe. But need to repeat this every day til he gets it.

Cookiez

You can go and observe the class for free. Their classes are sofull that they hv no slot for trial. I went to the Evans rd one. Only grouse is it's far from my place.

michelle> yah i just started the augementin yesterday, will monitor
btw, your doc is terence tan is it? since is in MT A too. :p

kam, camomile>
Hope the antibiotics helps. suppose to take it for another 10 days.

Anybody have cats at home ?
HOw's cats with babies ??

Cookiezz,
Teething tablet ~ does it work ?? Amber have been up these few nights too. Think its due to teething.

playdate
i want leh but so far! maybe i shld open up my hse for the east mommies! hehe.. and the babies can swim in my pte pool too. my pool v clean one dun worry, maintained twice a week and v v lil chlorine also. cos the guy who maintain my pool said i have lots of kids swimming so too much chlorine no good. but gotta wait till my older boys finish exams first can? cos now i very busy la!

camomile/kam
i also find it weird why whole family have to be on medication as well. and i also hv never heard of antibiotic cream to apply on nose to get rid of mucous. sounds so advanced!

xmas
by right we shld try to delay antibiotics until the child is 2 yrs old but of course there r cases where the pd feels there is a need to prescribe. so dun worry, im sure ur pd has exercised caution. my #3 was administered antibiotics too when he is 1 mth old via IV drip! but he turned out healthy and hardly on antibiotics since then and now he is 6 already.

augmentin i think is for bacterias present in upper respiratory tract. its quite common antibiotics in fact. klacid is for a different grp of bacteria.

lina,
Well iusing the hyland teething tablets (thanks to rach) and it works good enuff. I only used it when i really cannot "tong".

mamato6s,
hopefully it helps and by right that PD supposed to be very careful and good so i better trust the expert. :p

camomile3> ya. actually my pd oso say no good to take oral medication. but in my boy's case, really bo bian. since oredi tested n verified the bacteria. it's better to take the right antibiotic

potbelly_burp> hah. in my case it only took 1 day. cos de first day at ifc, he was new to the place, so cant sleep. so dat day he came back fell asleep at 7+pm, den nxt day started de morning nap 30-45mins, n afternoon nap 2hrs thingy n followed by sleeping at 8pm again. so de cycle keeps repeating liaos

xmasc> yeh. my doc is dr terrence tan. my boy will be taking argumentin till sat morning. den need to throw liaos. remember not to put de medicine outside for long when giving ur bb. cos it really changes color slowly. n once it does, cannot be eaten liaos

Lina,

I have 2 cats at home... One is mine and another belongs to a friend who's shifting house.. So placed her cat at my home temporarily. Both the cats get along very well with baby Eliza.. And I only leave Eliza alone in her own cot.. (other places such as bed, floor mat etc... I make sure someone is with bb, just to play safe, make sure the cats do not go disturb her). The cats do inch forward, friendly behavior, to smell bb and that's about it.. It happens when I'm in bed and Eliza is sleeping next to me, the cat will jump up and walk towards her to smell her and then jump off the bed again..
I also introduce them often... I will carry bb and when the cats walked pass, I will point and show bb " This is Munchie/Snowie.. This is a cat and cat's are lovely!! blah blah blah" .. Eliza also pat the cats before.. (of course only when i'm present). I don't allow anyone else to do this action because my cats are familiar with me..
So far, no cough, no allergies, no rashes nothing.. crossfinger.. Could it be that when I was pregnant, the cats were already around me??
But then again, I think it depends on individual babies too....

<font color="ff6000"> SEPT PLAYGROUP CONFIRMED! </font>

Let's fixed it on 24th April, Sat.. Mummies who would like to join, please feel free to add or edit the list below.. Hehe.. So looking forward!

Would you all prefer we get pizza/KFC/etc.. ? then, no need to go through hassle of cooking and preparing and bringing over.

**Feel free to bring your husband, babies, kids, helpers, anyone who would like to tag along
** 24 April 2010, Saturday, 1PM TO 5PM

Name List / No. of pax (excluding baby) / Baby's name / Potluck item
1) enxuan/ 2 (husband and me) / Baby Eliza / konnyaku jelly
2) kiki
3)
4)
5)

mama to 6Js- think it was b'cos she wasn't well for almost 2 weeks, not getting better nor getting worse hence the pd suspect we've likely been passing the bacteria back to her when she's getting better. it's the same cream we applied not oral. the cream is not to get rid of mucus but to get rid of the bacteria identified in the swab test done on her. maybe i'll ask her pd again the next time i see her to clarify. hope i didn't create too much confusion. ;)

milkyway18
You looking for job too? Are you working now?

I hate looking for job...

rach
Backside itcy loh... go and change job... now putting myself into a stupid situation

michelle
I'm trying very hard to make myself happy. I realised the importance of my children cos only when I see them, I can temporary forget about my problems.

prettymum> aiyo... then open eyes big big look for another one ba..
happy.gif

enxuan> then i cannot go liaoz... sob sob... cannot postpone one more sat?? hehehe.. :p
then itsy and i can go too....

mama6> ur house i will go also loh!!!! ;p

<font color="dc143c">Spiffies Toothwipes</font>

Mummies anyone keen??
Est to be about $9 per pack after shipping..

i dunno how much ah.. only know when in..

US$5.49 per pack.. :p

Got a few mummies ask me liaoz...

if enough to open a spree.. i'll do it.. :p

<font size="+0"><font color="ff0000">MUMMIES!!
Shall we change SEPT PLAYGROUP to 1 MAY 2010, Saturday, Labour Day?</font>
</font>

despite my best efforts, it still happened! my girl fell from the bed this afternoon. best part is...i don't know how it happened because she was sleeping and i surrounded her with pillows and bolsters! i thought she was sleeping so went to take my shower lor. suddenly i thought i heard a "thud" and then "weeehhhhhhhhh" (confirmed my girl crying). rushed out of the bathroom found my girl face down on the floor! funny thing was the bolsters and pillows were all still on the bed! so i really don't know how she got pass them!! really lucky she's ok...was damn worried all day until i fed her and she finished her meal as usual. thankfully no bruise or bleeding that i can see...so far no fever or vomitting either. really must THANK GOD coz my bed is damn high... think more than 2 ft high!! i'm never EVER gonna put her on the bed again whether she's sleeping or not.
sad.gif
really gave me a bad fright...whole day i got a bad headache.

enxuan
ok...i think 1st May is ok for me too
happy.gif
yeah...i think ordering pizza is a good idea. my hb might not be able to go so it might just be me, then if other mums come alone without hb, quite impossible to carry baby, diaper bag and food as well! we just divide the cost among the no. of adults lor
happy.gif
or...maybe u can make it abit later...say 2-5pm? then we take lunch then go your place...we can still order some food, but more like for tea-break!

<font color="ff6000">happymrskoh</font>

wah jg so hot one ah? haha! but so ulu, need to drive leh. so i cant fetch until i get me license AND convert our opc haha! VERY ex ah!

<font color="ff6000">marie</font>

Dun give keys! then defeat the purpose of moving out! i cannot imagine someone else in my hse when i open the door! we live very near so we kept a spare set in hub's old room cos i can always very amazingly misplace keys! but they have no idea where it is!

<font color="ff6000">melissa</font>

thanks! NO she does nt have keys, not over my dead body. i m so scared she will go duplicate my keys tt i dun let her touch them! but she will still go and take them and open the door when i m not looking...

<font color="ff6000">LINA</font>

u r back on the thread!!! haha! cats are fine. went to hub's ex colleague's hse the other day. they have a pure ragdoll and she is such a dear! he said ragdolls r very gd w babies cos they wun bite or scratch since they hv gd temperaments. plus cats are clean. in fact its his son tt bullies the cat! chase it ard the hse n step on his tail! r u thinking of getting one?

i think the tablets are quite ok. haha u thinking of getting? the gripe water no use? got ur ergo? i saw frm diapers.com and they have many colours!

<font color="ff6000">mamato6js</font>

wah!!! i wanna bring j to ur hse to swim!!!

<font color="ff6000">potbelly</font>

oh ok! tt time i went to peep a bit haha!!!

<font color="ff6000">kiki</font>

haha jacob fell off my bed the other day also. was latching him at 3-4am then dunno y his eyes big big dun want to sleep want to play. and he kept scratching my face, neck and chest while latching until i super pek chek so i changed side. put him on the edge and pillow beside him. was so tired tt i ko n i woke up when i heard a thud and i really scream lo! he was also face down, so i guess he must hv used his hands to break the fall n my bed is also very high. latch him and he dun cry liao. but tt was not e end! he still liked to dive when we put him on our bed to play and will dive towards e edge. we had to keep grabbing his legs. then hubs decided to really let him fall. so he sat on the floor with a pillow and let him dive down to e pillow. so now he dun dare liao. only will dare to look down from the edge of our bed, no more diving! but he likes to roll off the edge now....

cookiezz
huh...later jacob thinks u're teaching him to dive from the bed..haha. when i picked her up from the floor, her face was on her hands, so i thnk she must have been somewhat cushioned by her hands. can't imagine if fell back down... :/ then surely will hit hard on the head! big problem i have is that don't know why in afternoons, she just won't sleep in her cot. she got to sleep on bed first, then transfer to cot. i think i cultivated this bad habit of letting her sleep on bed with me from day 1 coz earlier days, always latch lying down on bed then we both sleep there together! i really thought she just fell asleep, so she won't wake up so fast, thats why left her there unattended n quickly went to have my shower.

Kiki
same thing happened to Ian few days back. I surround him with pillows and went to the kitchen. Then I heard him crying, I didn't even attend to him immeditely cos I tot he might go back to sleep but he kept crying and crying. When I entered the room, he was on the mattress on the floor. Dunno how he creep pAss the pillows and fell off the bed (very high too). Luckily his dad is sleeping on the floor these days and his mattress cushioned Ian's fall. Similar to u, due to latching to sleep, he refuses to sleep in his cot now. Sigh dunno how.

itsy
lol. what bad thing your dh did? how come he kanna banished to sleep on mattress on the floor?! (juz kidding....) at least ian's fall was cushioned by the mattress and luckily to where the mattress was! kimberly fell flat on my hard laminated floor. *pain pain* really felt like the worst mom ever when i saw my poor girl face down on the floor. =(

So busy today!

rach
just saw ur post.. Too late!

mamato6js
I wanna go ur place.. Gotta let shanis meet Joseph mah!! Haha

prettymums
trying to find a new job.. Can't stand myboss anymore! If u recall, had lots of complaints when preggy.

kiki
oh dear.. Lucky Kim is fine.. Yah better don't leave her alone on the bed anymore..

Cookiez, itsy
aiyoh.. Jacob and Ian fell off bed too..

I think babies r just amazing... Nv fail to surprise us with the impossibles!

Mayb I'm too kiasee.. I always tell myself nv to leave shanis on the bed alone. Even if she cries out loud, it's still better than her falling off the bed lor. Just b more careful in future ba..

Kiki

Oh dear!! I hope your gal is ok. I do that too as in put my baby in the middle of the bed and surround her with bolsters n pillows. I'd better stop doing that too!!

Kiki
haha what "bad" thing did my hubby do to get banished? Haha he got me preg and gave birth to a son who wants to sleep beside mummy and thus banished daddy to the mattress lor.

Sept bb playgroup
I'm ok with 1st May.

~kiki/cookiezz/itsy~
Lucas fell off from our bed also! Abt 2wks back.. I was sick tat day, lying at foot of my bed, messaging my colleagues abt work, he was on our bed playing by himself, rolling abt. I had bolster there to block the side, then suddenly he cried.. I looked ard the bed and he was not there.. Give me the shock of my life! the good thing is he rolled off my bed with the bolster n he landed with his back on the bolster, feet on the floor. Thank god the bolster cushioned his fall n his head didn't hit the floor. I picked him up n he was ok, stopped crying. I observed him for 1 day n he was Ok.

I dare not tell my hubby, sure kanna scolded left right centre...

~itsy~
Lol.. Initially Lucas &amp; I had the whole bed to ourselves n my hubby slept on the mattress on the floor. After sometime, all of us slept on the bed, hortionzal.. After a while we changed to sleeping vertical cos our legs dangling out... Then it became squeezy.. Lucas sometimes will flip here n there while sleeping... hubby "chased" Lucas out of our room n he's now sleeping on his own cot in his room... he adapted pretty well.. So far Ok.. : )

milkyway, potbelly
ya lor..heng she's ok! else i'd nv hear the end of it from my MIL.

itsy
ahaha...nvm lah...daddy can make some 'sacrifices' too hor?

melissa
oh no..lucas too? poor thing. i called my hb immediately after i managed to calm her down...coz i really got a bad fright myself! told him to standby if really anything wrong, he must come home immediately or i meet him in KK!!

Melissa
Ya lor, we tried squeezing together on the bed but Ian takes up too much space. So my hubby banished to mattress again. hahaha My boy's room is now very messy (machiem storeroom :p) so cannot move him out. Must wait till his mummy gets the mood and strength and TIME to clear his room then he can 'move out'.

melissa
so lucas now sleeps alone in his room? he's ok? do u on aircon for him? i wanna move my girl out to her own room leh...but her daddy says 1 yrs old then let her sleep in her own room! i'm afraid by 1 yrs old she wouldn't wanna sleep in her own room lor!

mama to 6 j, i want to do your house too!!! i want to see your twins!!

Kiki, are your pillows light? it's possible that she may have kicked and rolled under the pillow down the bed.

kiki
my hub's the one who keeps wanting to move shanis out of our room.. but i'm the one who keeps saying wait till she's older leh.. so till now still dragging.. like itsy's, her room is used for storage now too

bbq98
no leh...my pillows and bolsters are pretty heavy i would say. thats why i don't know how she got past them! i think she must have somehow went under it? though i can't imagine how she did it. still puzzled!

milkyway
oic... i heard that if baby not trained to sleep on their own after 10 mths when they're much more aware of their surroundings, then its very hard for them to sleep on their own. thats why i want to start early.

Kiki

some of my frens with kids told me that if you chase them out too late they'll become pr in your room!! Think by 1yo they'll know how to protest v loudly.

Back