(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

rach, steph
As I mentioned, my gal vomited non stop on Friday evening and running a fever after that. She is quite sticky to me. Then my boy also need me to make him sleep in the afternoon. The problem is that my boy don't know y cannot be put down or left alone. Whenever I tried to pit him on his cot after he slept, he would wake up and cry. So frustrating. I got a bit worked up and was quite rough with my boy. Felt so guilty. I think in the process, my boy sensed it. He was upset and cried even louder. No one to help me. My husband went for meeting. Sigh. Feel that I'm not a good mother. Cannot control my emotions.

My gal still running fever on and off. Above 38. Ask my husband to bring her see doc, he says nvm. Faint. I also don't want to argue with him. Now I gave ny gal panadol. Hopefully her fever will go away.
 


morn gals

last nite last feed was 7.30pm then bb joseph slept at 830pm was supposed to wake up to give him dream feed at 11.30pm but overslept!! n guess wat. he only cried for milk at 2am! haha i couldnt believe my eyes woke up thinking hard if i have fed him aft the 7.30pm feed not. he was so hungry sucked so hard till choke few times. aft tat woke up again at 6am. now me pumping milk cos gg to church soon.right breast feels like a rock
 
prettymums
i understand how u feel. i dun hv a sick kid at home but my bb who doesnt sleep much in the noon also frustrate me a lot. he either prefers to sleep in the sling or wan me to sleep beside him. im handicap cos i cant do anything n my bones r aching from carrying him all day long. my #3 (the boy on the ad) used to be a challenging baby, v high need n got on my nerves n tested my patience a lot. once i was so tired n fed up i flung him on the bed n drove off in my car. my maid ran in to pick him from the cot. yes i felt so terrible n guilty n hated myself as a mother. needless to say, i never did tat anymore. so now when i felt like screaming at the bb i reminded myself of wat happened then n told myself no point doing something which i would regret n made me feel so terrible later on n i tried to just leave bb on the bed for a while while i get a breather. its better to leave him to cry for few mins than to do something silly like screaming at him. babies their age: wat do they know right? all they know is i wan mama with me i dun care wat she is doing how she is feeling i just wan mama.

can be trying to look aft a baby n a sick child hor? has her vomitting stop? u better bring her to doc cos she may get dehydrated. hope she is taking enough fluids? u cool down ok. think of one thing at a time first

steph
glad u fee;ling better. hope physically u r recovering too? i think cos u r sick n baby is still v young la so u feel frustrated hub not helping. how abt older kids? does he help out with them?

my hub also not hands on type with bb. he just hopeless with babies la. but he loves playing with my older kids/bring them out (yes all 4 at one time) so at least give me some space at home. he says everytime he tries help with bb i criticise him he nt doing correctly so he gives up altogether! hv a talk with him. when jordan is older i know things will be better cos ur hands wont be so full anymore n u can enjoy quality family time tog. as my hub likes to put it now is only "temporary inconvenience" dun be impulsive ok. divorce hurts the kids most n is a no turn back point for most ppl. wats more we hv so many kids. my hub v complacent say i sure wont divorce him cos i hv so many kids with me, which men will wan take me??? hhhmph!!

eh the press ads r on my fb if u dun hv papers.

rach
my maid can put bb to sleep but gotta make sure i feed him b4 i go out la then i got 3 hrs to kill. if cant make it hm will get her to bottle feed a bit first while waitg for me lor. but i nt gg to put my name down first wait i cant make it last min n still consideting the calories that will add to my body!! i tryg to lose weight leh! all ur buffets meet up not helping me! evil hehe...

thanks gals for all the compliments of the kiddos.
 
<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Jul</font></font>
Oooh.. okie... my girl sucks 1st finger.. i think she put whole fists in..then suck the finger nearest to her mouth..
wahhaha....


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Prettymums</font></font>
oh okie.. maybe ur boy was with u all the time..so he needed u for security.. ur helper cant help with one of the kids?

Tried to give ur girl a sponge bath?? help to bring down her temp a bit more...
if she has been vommitting and fever..something must be wrong...
food poisoning??


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">mama6</font></font>
hahaha... u no need diet la..so slim liaoz.. talking abt us ah... i try to tell myself i'm BF-ing...so its okay to pile a bit more..
waahha..evil...

u see how la.. if u can come.. then join us loh..
happy.gif



i realised the other link that someone else posted sells the balboa cheaper leh.. $75... vx itsby bitsy's $82...
Mmmm....
u can check it out...
happy.gif
 
blessedmommy
Yah... I felt terrible after doing that. Kept crying. Feeling so lousy yesterday.

rach
Not too sure whether is food poisoning or not as the vomitting has stopped since yesterday morning. Her temperature will drop when I gave her medicine. But once the medication wear off, her fever will come back again.

Yes. My helper did try to help. Initially my gal only want me, so I ask my helper to carry my boy. Until my gal is ok to play with my helper, I took over my boy. I tried to make him sleep so that I can take care of my gal to free my helper mah... But he refused. So I got frustrated, plus my gal's fever went up again yesterday afternoon. Made me more worried.

ICB @ Ion
I want to go. Let me know when ok?
 
Prettymums
How high is your gal's fever after the medication?? monitor the spike. if her fever goes back to the same level after the medication wears off, pls bring her to doctor immediately. if the spike goes down then at least you can be sure the medicine is working, and she is slowly recovering
 
Kris13
After she took medicine, the fever came down. But when the medication wear off, her fever can go as high as 38.1. The fever started on Friday night. So should be coming down soon bah... If not, I got to bring her see doc on Monday
 
gina,
missed your question earlier on. yes, i am still swaddling because it helps him sleep better. will stop swaddling when he has better control of his limbs and stop flailing them around and prevent himself from falling asleep (on his own).

prettymums,
hope your gal will get better today. children get sick very often in childcare, esp during the first four months of so that they are there. don't worry too much, she'll bounce back to her healthy normal self in 1-2 days time =)
 
Rach> ya uncle didnt want to reserve for me till i said my friends bought and im definitely buying. somemore 1st time i said is im coming today, just put aside for me!
talk abt the discount without cards for sept mummies he just smile act blur, aiyo uncle dont know how to do biz la... not e lady boss.
 
-> steph
hope u are feeling better now. get well soon first then have a good discussion with ur hubs ok.

-> steph/melissa
i ordered 3 bottles of fenugreek from steph for the 25% disc batch. just realised tt they actually come in 200 caps per bottle. in tt case, melissa can take over 2 bottles from me if she is still keen cos i dun think i need tt much.

-> Goon diapers BP
Remembered reading tt someone on our thread is using goon diapers but can't remember who (sorry!). just want to share tt this BP is selling goon diapers at $17.90 per pkt. if interested, can check it out here: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3269473.html?1258843201
 
feeling very guilty now. woke up to my girl's cries only to realise she had fallen from our bed to the floor. quickly picked her up. duno why or how she landed down there. i must be the biggest dreaming culprit. feel so lousy. how could i have let such thing happen..

anyone got tips as to what to look out for after a fall? she still kick and smile and stuff.. but scared got hou yi zheng... =(
 
babybjorn> keke. hubby seems to get de hang of it. putting bb in n out himself. he even manage to let bb sleep inside. den when take him out put in his stroller, he fuss. faint. think he like his new hm better -_-

rach> i oso need see which date u all choose. 1dec i goin back office le =p

hollow> haha. i oso wor. den if de packet got 2things, i only declare one item. hah. den smuggle de other item to keeep in room =x

prettymums> wat happen? erms. seems like everyones mood not very good these few days

how big is ur boy? try tokin to him? i believe he'll understand if u tok to him nicely? like meimei is sick? when meimei recovers u can bring them both out n make up to him. kids are easily pacified

rach> haha. my hubby oso waiting for his old navy n gap loots to arrive. cos he got 2 cargos berms n 3 polo tees in there. everyday he ask me, my stuffs reach le ma =p

angeline> keke. i nv buy wrist guard, juz apply counterpain for strains den wrap with nappy, cos i scared de cream touch bb. now feeling better, though its still pain

gina> omg. fall on de floor? is she ok? monitor k? i heard fr my mum i fall fr her bed to de floor when i was young too. but i turned out fine. dun be too guilty now, it will not change de fact tat ur daughter fell. juz be careful de nxt time round.
 
hollow:
me at blk321b, u?

Gina:
sayang your gal. look out for any vomiting, difficulty in breathing, non-consciousness. my #1 also fell from bed before, cut her lips and we rushed to KKH at nite, heng she is ok
 
Waiwai:
me at 310B, think quite near right? u r opp the big field is it?

I really want to buy the sleep wrap, but my hubby reject when i ask again
sad.gif
 
milkyway - the balboa sling is similar to the mim, juz tt this is padded on the shoulder so its gd for the mummy. i went shopping ytd after collecting it n jacob was happy in it. not very breastfeeding friendly though
my excitement of the day is when a parcel arrives at my letterbox! i will open them carefully n "savour" the moment like an anxious kiddo!

mamato6js - hehe go get! i got a 2nd hand but the owner did not wear out so its pretty new, juz tt i cant choose design. can u choose? mine is the brown dotted daisy. jacob is 5.5kg at 8wks 1day! but the owner apparently preferred mim cos her daughter is 7 mths old n i tink she has trouble getting her in

hollow - haha parcels always arrive before hubby comes home so he cant frown! yup the fabric is a bit thick but at least jacob n i did not drown in each other's sweat like my old sling! got the brown dotted daisy, u? would hv preferred the orange version or leopard!

rach - the sling nice hor? serene sling even nicer n more ex! its like pupsik
 
Prettymums,
I hope your kid gets well soon.

Michelle
You got babybjorn? Why you did not get the Manduca Sling? I wanted to get Babyjorn but after reading the reviews I thought of getting Manduca instead.

Online Purchase
I also have a lot of parcels coming each week. From the poncho to clothings to creams for baby. My husband will ask.. what did you buy again this time?ahhaha

Gathering
I will like to go for the gathering too.. but I am afraid of bringing her out alone for a long period of time. Thus far, I only brought her to the hawker centre opposite to buy lunch if I am lazy to cook. How do you gals manage? You all BF in the resturant when bb is hungry?
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">rach...</font>

hurhur~ u actually remembered what colour each of us are using before we settled on one ah? I cant recall le.. memory nt as good.. only can remember the recent n used for long time ones.. :p

anyway, we no nid to be restricted to the colours we use la.. as long as u happy, use lo.. right?
happy.gif
</font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">stephanie...</font>

Big HUGz to u!!! Hope ur feeling better wor~
Men are like that de la.. EGOISTIC.. just a matter of how serious it is ba... n we all just hate it right?</font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">The Balboa Sling looks gd n comfy wor... Can I get one too? but the price is double that of my pupsik... erm....hurhur~
my current pupsik not that fitting anymore.. using an L size n it doesnt snug-fit le.. n M size is too small; i reckon.. </font>
</font>
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Hb wont be home for a week... hope Jaelle stays guai guai like when her daddy is ard.. n my supply to stay as it is.. else, its another round of insanity liao..

but 还好, at least got stand by's for my gal..

HAIZ~</font>
</font>
 
tlisa : some BF, I bottle feed FM, some bottle feed ebm. Come leh.

Gina : she should be alright if she's not drowsy, vomiting, crying incosolably or rejecting milk. if you're not comfortable, take her to the doctor. babies are funny creatures. they're surprisingly fragile and surprisingly hardy at the same time! Did you mng to find someone to help you baby sit?
 
Compass Point Gathering
This Tuesday 24th Nov 3pm

I went to Swensen's just now, they say cannot make reservation because it is school holiday...

so the first person who reach, pls chop seat for 10 pple

Can those who are coming PM me your contact no. by tomorrow 12 noon? I consolidate the contact list and email u all, whoever reach 1st pls sms the rest


just in case some of us who never met one another before chop seat at diff corner of the restaurant wahaha
 
Waiwai
PM u my no liao

Angel
Yup, bought @ Sq 2. No, din get any 10% card fm anyone coz initially wanna join Rach's lobang n go sq 2 try out the wrap nia
When we were in the shop, hub put bb in manduca, bb keep crying .. bb fell asleep the moment she was in the wrap .. so, cant wait liao, must buy :p
 
Prettymums,
I am having some problems with freezer storage for my EBM. You also? Thinking of what to do. Have friends who rented fridge.

Gathering
The gathering on tuesday are all from SK? Anyone not staying that area going?
 
<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Prettymums</font></font>
oohh okie... hope ur gal is better now?

Yup.. once the OCB @ ION is confirmed, will let u know..if i dun forget. else u can see updates here BIG BIG for sure..
happy.gif



<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">prinzess</font></font>
hahha... okie.. so our names did make a diff huh.. haha...
okokie... ya la.. silly uncle.. but then again.. the lady boss when i asked previously she also say cannot even if we buying in bulk..
but hor.. i might be able to get the manduca cheaper elsewhere leh....so dui... i should have waited and not buy on impulse..
grrr... shall update when i can get it... :p


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Gina</font></font>
gosh... how did she fall?? how high?? any orh cheh?? she dun sleep in between u &amp; HB ma??


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Orchard Ion Swensens Outing </font></font>
1. Rach
2. Waiwai
3. Angeline?
4. Angel?
5. Prettymums
6.


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Michelle</font></font>
aiyoh...seems like we cant make everyone happy.. MMm.... unless we make it 27th Nov?? its a PH...
everyone can come with their families.. ahha.. :p

haha...ur HB also gan cheong liaoz.. hahaha... i never order any GAP stuffs..so exp wor... Old Navy cheaper.. hiak hiak.. :p


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">hollow</font></font>
tot u buying the balboa sling liaoz?? still need sleepy wrap meh??


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">cookiezzz</font></font>
u mean MIM is better for bigger kids?? u mentioned the older prefers MIM to put in her 7months old girl huh??
then shall i keep my MIM then??
else buy sell buy sell very liao lui leh..
faint....

serene sling i cant really see how nice it is... or how different..its just the design isit??
coz i see like also a pouch leh..
but balboa does look nice!!! hehee.. but no more no more.. i'll go crazy...
the Manduca really set me back to negative... just cleared the card and it got swiped again... >.<"

I love my Pupsik... today went church with it..and i really love it loh... my girl KO and didnt wake up fussing..
last 2 days went out with Manduca.. i gotta pacify her..and she cry like she want all the attention in the world...


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">tlisa</font></font>
hold ur purchase on manduca.. coz i trying to find the lobang for cheaper.. if have then u all can get it.....

yeah.. we just sit there and BF loh.. u got poncho rite?? no worries la..
happy.gif


I MIGHT be going on tue.. and i dun stay SK.. hehehe.. i stay Yishun.. but SK is very convenient..
happy.gif



<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Ling</font></font>
yes u are right.
happy.gif

we happy can liaoz..
happy.gif


Wah..L is getting too lose?? but ur baby is getting bigger rite???
so.. it should somehow compensate for the weight u lost?
or u still consistently losing weight??
I also want!!!!
 
tlisa
well... it's just an outing and def not limited to ppl from SK. Angela and myself don't live in the SK area, but will be making our way down. About being out for long periods, we try not to bring our kid out for more than 5 hrs (ie at most one feed outside).

ling
eh... dun one time beat down all the men la.

Call it egotistical or just plain MCP, these are the ppl you chose as partners in life's long journey. I think the key is for two ppl to keep up the communication and in making a daily decision to love each other. It's not about fault finding but about finding solutions to the problem.

Steph
Hope things are working out for you. If you need help with anything, let us know and we'll see how we can help yar? I'll advise against running away as it doesn't solve anything and kids may pick it up as a means of problem solving. Take care babe.
 
Orchard Ion Swensens Outing

1 Dec, Tue, 2pm

1. Rach
2. Waiwai
3. Angeline?
4. Angel?
5. stephie1735 (may leave BB at home with mum and bring #1 out for ice cream treat.. heheh
6.
7.
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Prettymums</font> - *Hugz* I'm sure that she will get better soon. Maybe you can let ur boy sleep on his tummy? Mine will sleep better on tummy... most of the times it works and allows me to catch a breather

I totally understand how you feel... when I was sick that night, BB simply refuse to sleep regardless if I put him sideways or on tummy.. I tried like at least 8 times... I latched him.. unlatch, carry him let him sleep soundly, then once I put him down, he wakes up... so angry with myself. In the end, I put him in the Manduca and carried him out for a walk even though I was super tired and sick...

Hang in there.. I'm sure this will pass really soon and ur girl will recover soon...
happy.gif


Do give her lots of water, but cause got vomitting, I do suggest to bring her to see doctor so at least can get the med to stop vomitting?

Kids fever always spike when medicine wears off, just need to be patient.

<font color="9264ff00"> MaMato6Js</font> - Husband trying to pretend nothing happened and came to apologise in the middle of the night. but I really dun wan the usual "I'm sorry" but 2 days later back to square one and I'm so sure it will happen.. sigh.. Physically, I do feel better. Had fever last night so took Panadol and this morning maybe got to run errands and kids got swimming lessons so didn't feel the cold thing kick in.
Even when my kids are older, he is still like that... sigh... another long story. I just feel that I'm pretty dumb to have believed him.. like now, he's been nice. Have "auto gear", when I carry baby at the coffeeshop and ordered softboiled eggs, he will say help me crack the eggs.. which he normally doesn't... I have to ask helper to do it. This is also something that I've been telling him for the longest time. I will need lots of help with baby or when I'm carrying baby and I really can't be asking every single time. Cause last time when I ask very frequently, he will say like I have hands too... When I pregnant, I couldn't do a lot of things or cause stomach big so once I sit on couch, its tough to get up so I ask him to help me take things or do thing.. then he will say that I'm pregnant, not paralysed... *faintz*

<font color="9264ff00"> Prinzess</font> - they really strict with the discount cards... must have discount card then can get the discount...
sad.gif


<font color="9264ff00"> Xiaowei</font> - Thanks.. I will note that.. when it arrives then I will email urself and Melissa to discuss how you guys want to divide the "loot" k? heheh

<font color="9264ff00"> Gina</font> - how high is ur bed and is the floor carpetted? I guess if she can kick and smile it should be alright. Things to look for is if she feeds normally, any signs of giddiness or vomiting, if she sleep exceptionally long and etc

My eldest boy ever fell from the bed to the floor at hub's cousin's house when he was really really young. He was screaming and etc.. and now, he's growing well too...

<font color="9264ff00"> Tilsa</font> - We do mass bfeeding sessions in restaurants.. heheheh

<font color="9264ff00"> Ling</font> - I'm better now thanks... no more blocked nose liao.. yeh... I help you wish.. hope ur girl girl guai guai, milk supply rise rise.. lol
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Gerald</font> - I think I've tried my best already but he always after quarrel then be nice for 1-2 days then after that will start saying nasty things and bo chup... like that how?
sad.gif
 
Gerald...

oops! I forgot there's a daddy among us... :p

Hmm.. duno leh... but just like i say, its the lvl of ego diff men have lo.. some very high, some not so much.. n some are probably hidden but ultimately sure have de ba...

n when it acts up(or if it does~ act up), it just makes our heads turn. n how much we can tolerate is another story totally..

yes, i do agree that communication is very impt. n it takes 2 hands to clap. if only 1 party is tryin hard to make things work. n the other just keeps quiet or dun care, how wor?
i just find some how or rather,(ok~ some men)will just have to learn how to play a part to work things out, solve issues... n not to just lay back, act ignorant or give excuses...

ok, im not tryin to start a debating session here hor.. just to share how i would feel ba.. venus n mars.. so many differences... BOTH will have to put in effort. One is not enuf...

happy.gif
 
rach...

em.. L size not snug-fit liao leh.. n ya, my gal is definately growing... but there are times when i feel like as if she's dropping.. or maybe the pupsik expanded aft wash? hurhur~ i also duno...
 
Rach:
think better keep your MIM sling. i tried to use Pupsik sling to carry my #1 in hip / front position, so loose that i have to support her back with one hand. MIM is adjustable so better for hip / front position

Tlisa:
everyone is welcome to Compass Point gathering! come lah... u can bring EBM / FM or BF there...
 
Steph
Then quarrel every 2 days? I'm just kidding on that one. I think what would be good is to keep things down in writing. Ask for his expectations and tell him yours. Find a common ground then develop a schedule. Write it out big and bold then stick it up.

Get him to tick off his items when done. I think it's easier for guys to follow a regiment. We see, then we just do. Give specific instructions, that'll be extremely helpful too.

ling
Hey... no worries man. I think all men have ego, not matter of more or less but how to manage is the key la. In any case, I'm sure we all have our struggles. Just do our best to accomodate lor.

Have a great weekend everyone. I need to pack and zip off. Ciao!
 
<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Ling</font></font>
ahh..cannot be pupsik expanded la.. ahha..mine didnt at least.. hehe.. :p
wah..she dropping off ah.. but u also quite tall rite?? Mmm.. maybe when she grow more..then it'll be snug-ger.. ahha..


<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Waiwai</font></font>
yah.. like that i better keep the MIM... so i have 3 carriers.. >.<"
 
tlisa> cos most of de time is hubby carrying bb, n he thinks babybjorn looks nicer. keke. so far so good, bb loves to be in it when we go shopping, good for kpo bb =p

prettymums> lol. i stop being hardworking in pumping when freezer no space. or try to clear more lvl of freezer space to chop for storing milk

rach> haha. nvm. c when is de buffet den let me know. anyway i dun really eat much ice cream =p

ya. hubby kancheong. finally dey arrive. surprisingly de international shipping not tat costly for old navy. gap super costly

bqb98> ya, i'm still intersted in de lg mat. do let me know when u manage to get more discounts. but i doubt so =x
 


Rach> console ourselves >.< we got the limited edition and the shop wont be able to bring them in anymore.

for ice cream at ION, cant cfn will let you know nearer the date

Steph> glad that you are feeling better.

O dear my baby got bad nappy rashes. i normally use wet wipe then use wet cotton wool to clean his backside.. i apply destin everytime i change diaper and always change his diaper before feeding time... dont know what happened..
is it painful for them???
 

Back
Top