(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
lying down she also feed the same leh.. no diff to her..she got milk in her mouth can liaoz..
ahhaha.. tam jiak one.. haha...
oh.. i only feed one side..she full liaoz. not even empty loh...
stil can fill half full.. hhee...

ermm.. i think the tops are okay for u.. u smaller size than me.. but now i'm LARGE.. big tummy big hips..majiam auntie like that..faint...

to think of going thru all these in 2 years time. i faint..

no leh.. when i feed no leak leh... got bra to block the nipple how to leak? u mean ur bra wil get wet??

i called my PD clinic...
need 3x6in1 = $160*3=$480.
Rotavirus = $85 each and is to be added to the 6in1 jab at each jab.. Total $735!!!!!!!!!
to be taken at 2nd month, 4th month, 6th month...
 
<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font> - I changed to Goat's Rue that time cause Fenugreek had to be taken in big amounts and had side effects (smell and etc).

But this time roung like Goat's Rue not doing very well for me.. so I'm hoping to take some Fenugreek then maybe alternate day or week take Goat's Rue
 
Shelled, you can use bb bonus to pay for medical fees at some clinics, polyclinics and hospital.

Rach, your PD charges quite high for 6 in 1.
 
<font color="ff0000">Shelled></font>
certain clinics can leh... need to check with the PD..
happy.gif

But i realised my PD jabs are so exp!!
my coll's PD is only $115 for 6-in-1.
Mine is $160!
Faint..
and need 3 6-in-1.. but my fren's nurse said 6in1, 5in1, 6in1...
clinic trying to earn money????

<font color="ff0000">mama6></font>
can advise on the jabs?? u expert liaoz..
hehhe..
how abt rotavirus?? and pheunococal (dunno how to spell!!)
 
Rach
haha!!! solly hor i dun bother abt the jabs! only know to jab when pd said jab. i dun even remember which jab taken at which mth. basically its 2,4,6 mths and rota taken twice orally. pneumococal is 3 jabs if u start at 6 mths, 2 jabs at 1 yr old and 1 jab at 3 yr old if i dun recall wrongly hor.

its good to take pnemucococal and now MOH also has a ruling that all kids must be jabbed. it used to be optional. i have a frd's kid who is 1 yr plus died from it. really sad.
 
<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
tats what my coll says too.. but i asked my PD's nurse..
she says..because 2nd Hep B is to be taken at 1 month, if i take 6in1 at 2nd month, its already overdue.
So gotta restart the whole process...hence 3x6in1... ???? dun make sense to me......

<font color="ff0000">Good and reasonable price PD in North Area?></font>
Mummies staying at AMK, Yishun, Sembawang, Woodlands, which PD are u seeing? how much are the jab charges??
if he's really so exp, i would really consider changing PD liaoz..
he's at Thomson Road..not that near to me also.. >.<"

<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
i also want RED RED!
I always dye red and FAILED!
it last no more than a week..then become brown liaoz.. >.<"
 
<font color="ff0000">mama6></font>
Mmm.. okay.. then rotavirus is taken orally.. how come $85 per dosage? wah kaoz..and need 3???
faint..is the nurse trying to snook me or what??
 
rach
i cant remember how much each jab cost leh. and not all pd clinics accept baby bonus card hor so pls check.

bernice
my frd took nursing tea and said she smelt like curry. but i sat beside her no smell leh!
 
Crap, My BLUR HB.. tell me 2yrs... I took the card to see.. 2010!!! So it's 1 Year.... Dammit...

Rach...

Red is a semi permanent color.. How long it will last really depends on individual...
 
okie mummies, please place ur orders for fenugreek from drugstore. I will be getting the card but am hoping mummies can help share cost of the card. I will pay 1/2 and the other mummies whom are odering to share the other half can?

The good news is that even though its not the 1st week of the month, cause i'm signing up for the card, we still get 20% off this order
happy.gif
(that's why i'm hoping mummies who)m gain from this 20% can help me share a little cost)

I should be able to order 20 bottles if there is really demand for it.

Its still very worth it cause its almost 50% cheaper than local

1) stephie1735 - 2 bottles
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms">Took Jed to remove his stitches today. His wound recovered v well... praise e lord. And this lil bugger did not even move a inch or moke any noise while e nurses remove e stitch. He was happily in his dreamland
happy.gif
I was still so worried for him cuz a few toddlers/babies before him were like wailing their lungs out.

Collected my glamourmom tank from Shelled... love e material &amp; m so happy that I can wear size M... It means that I can buy over e black lace top from bbq.. My next target will be e nursing dress *hee*


<font color="0000ff">Michelle/steph</font>

I'm nt v sure if it's worth to buy e drugstore GNC membership card. e discount is only for 1st wk of e mth so unless u r buying v often or else nt useful. I signed up last yr &amp; so far only utilize like 2 - 3 times max myself. GNC vitamins r consider more ex den other brand so I didn't continue w e membership after it expired.


<font color="aa00aa">I'll do a spree for the Nature's Way Fenugreek so just list down yr name in the slot if keen. 1 bottle = 1 slot hor so if you r taking 2 bottles den fill in 2 slots

Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.48 (to be adjusted according to CC rate, excess will be used to off set shipping)

Pls transfer to POSB Saving 194-73291-0

<u>Nature's Way Fenugreek 180 caps @ US$7.49/S$11.05</u></font>
<ul>[*]1. Jenifur <LI>2. <LI>3. <LI>4. <LI>5. <LI>6. <LI>7. <LI>8. <LI>20.[/list]

I sure hope fenugreek will help to up my left boob's supply. Now is super loop sided, left side can only yield like 30% of right boob's amt
sad.gif
</font>
 
Fernugreek smell - no curry smell lar..it's maple syrup smell, just like the mac hotcakes maple syrup loh....and yes, urine will be the maple syrup color.
 
Hi Jen,

I would like 2 bottles!! Also can send them with my chilling panels? Haha glad that both u and Jed are well! Brave Jed!
 
But I've not tried Nature's way leh... still feel like GNC one is better... hmmm.. just my preference lah
Maybe cause I've taken this before and it worked very well and also cause its a brand sold widely in SG
 
So how many capsules to take for GNC one??? I've been taking only 1 to 2 only daily... lolz... seems to up my supply by 20% each side... must take 6 capsules daily ah???
 
Cassandra,
Its 200 Caps if order from Drugstore, only 100 Caps bottle sold locally.

Its 50% cheaper to buy from overseas cause the price paid is almost the same as sold locally but double the amount of capsules
 
think i'm not resting enough, baby recognises me and dun wan my mum at all...

So I look after him myself and he wants to latch on like every min when he's awake loh..
sad.gif

I'm already drinking a lot of warm water and 2 bowls of soup a day...
sad.gif
Oh and nursing tea

I'm carrying baby as I'm typing here now..
sad.gif
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Steph</font>

Nature's way is available in Guardian Pharmacy. I've never tired both so I'm ok to try Nature's way. To me I find tt GNC is overprice as it's more branded but tt's jus my own opinion.
happy.gif
</font>
 
Oh man!!! Just want to vent my unhappiness!!!

My mother is impossible man!!!
I know my son's education thing is my responsibility but she also never see situation loh.. I finally got Jordan to sleep and I can get a breather and she just walked into my room and talked so loud saying that my son got homework, ask me tomorrow ask him to do.. and the moment she talked, I already tell her to "shh... shhh" and she still talked so loudly.. then I walked out and tell her off, then she not happy!!! Give me attitude say my son's work is my responsibility and she dun care.. WTF!

Then my helper just came in to ask me something, also dunno how to whisper!!!! Still talking at normal volume standing just in front of my son's cot!! I'm going bonkers!!

Now Jordan wake up again!!! Argh
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms">In order not to flood the thread, pls kindly email/msn me yr order
happy.gif


Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.48 (to be adjusted according to CC rate, excess will be used to off set shipping)

<font color="0000ff"><u>Nature's Way Fenugreek 180 caps @ US$7.49/S$11.05</u>
1. Jenifur
2. cookiezz
3. cookiezz
4. Milkyway
5. Shelled
6. Shelled
7.
8.
20.</font>


<font color="aa00aa"><u>Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags - 50 cts @ US$8.91 / S$13.20 (including ground shipping)</u>
1. Rach
2. Rach
3. Ling
4. Ling
5. Snobcosha
6. Nicole
7. Xiaowei
8. Xiaowei
9. Xiaowei
20.</font></font>
 
<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
K has taken his 1st dose for rotavirus. $85 leh. But GP said only need total 2 doses. So I dunno why your nurse told u 3 dose.
Pneumoccal then is 3 dose (i think). I also don't bother to remember one. GP will just tell me when we shld go back again.


<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
I want RED RED! Another day I go your salon then you quote me arh!
But if its semi-permanent color then I suspect will fade off within 2wks... Cos that's the type I try before and it didn't stay red for very long...


<font color="ff0099"> Steph</font>
How coincident. My K is extra fussy ytd and today as well.
Right now I'm wearing him in the pupsik as I type.
I just hope tonight he goes to bed as usual, otherwise i orh bak kak!
 
<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
so u took ur jabs at GP huh?? can also huh?? let me call me GP and ask...
whats the diff betwen takin at GP and PD??????

on the contrary, my girl is very very good since yest afternoon till now..
wake up, feed, sleep, wake up, feed, sleep...
thats why u see me so often here today..wahahahha....
she was only a little cranky earlier on.. but it was for less than 30min and she fell asleep after latching on.. in the lying down position..
issit the lying down that made her more comfortbale and sleepy?
hehehe.. i certainly hope so!! :p
 
Hi Mummies,

i often come in to read and learn from your gals
happy.gif
my baby Josh is born on 25/09. just wondering.... for those who have bought the glamourmom tank, is it tight fitting? :p im still carrying a flabby tummy around
 
Have been having limited internet access, so have been downloading this forum to read during offline time (sad, i know)

Saw someone posted that they want to sell their BLACK LACE GLAMOURMUM LIMITED STOCK TOP...can please PM me? Am waiting for Rach's spree for sizing, if I can fit M, then I buy off you? Can?

>GERALD
I advice against babyfirstmonth.com....their service was really terrible, forgot to give me one dish somemore! Finally they refunded me $50.

SLING
I'm currenly using the Moms'R'Us Sling (same as MIM slong) and I'm loving it! But I agree that one needs some practise to perfect the skill of using that sling.
 
Regarding fenugreek> It's really good! I took them for my #1 and supply increased! Now, am taking for #2. But effects for me will take about 1 week ish to be seen.. my milk slow to respond!

Rach> I got this chart from my doctor (a PD) which gives you the option of what path you wanna take for the injections.. here’s what it says:

3 possible schedules to choose from (assumption is that baby has taken 1st Hep B at birth in the hospital):

1. 5-in-1 immunisation schedule: Heb B at 1 month, subsequent 3 5-in-1 jabs at 3rd, 4th and 5th months, and 3rd Heb B at 6th month
2. New 6-in-1 immunisation schedule: 3 6 in-1 jabs at 1.5th, 3rd and 5th months
3. Modified 6-in-1 immunisation schedule: Heb B at 1 month, subsequent 2 5-in-1 jabs at 3rd, 4th months, and 1 6-in-one jab at 5th month

He recommended me the "modified 6-in-1" cos he said that seperating out the 2nd hep B will lower the risk of fever. But my #1 took the "New 6-in-1" last time also ok...

Cost-wise: It’s roughly about the same whichever schedule you choose…

As for the difference between taking jabs at PD or GP:
PD will charge consultation on top of the $ for the jab (and PD consultation cheapest is probably at least $40…). Medicine not included ok!
At GP, most will just charge for the jab (unless you wanna speak to GP about other things regarding your baby, or when it is time to do the developmental checks at the months stipulated in the health booklet.
So you save $ this way! Only pay for jab and medicine when there is no need to check anything else.
But of course, some parents more anxious so insist must do at PD.
My #1 at PD, then realise it’s rather a waste of $, so this time round going to GP. Only if ill, then will go PD.

Rach> North area, I stay in yishun. My #1 goes to Ooi Baby at Yishun (next to Lilydale condo). It’s a husband and wife team.
Wife is confirmed better. She’s Dr Foo.
Consultation is $40 (but 1st time usually more exp) and is considered cheap.

for rotavirus: depending on which company's one you're using.
The common one is a 2-dose one from GSK (named rotarix).
The less common one is a 3-dose one from MSD (named rotateq).
Both costs roughly the same, but MSK got 1 more dose to take cos it covers more different strains of the rotavirus. But it is not so "on" in marketing so doctors recommend it less.. they don't earn so much commission..
sad.gif

I insisted my doctor to order so he bo bian.. :p

Uh… I very kiasu.. already did my homework and checked out the rates etc even before my #2 is born…
 
Pamelia> Can I ask you if red is always semi-permanent? No wonder cos I did red once before, and everytime wash hair the color wil run! Like clothes like that... for like 3 or so months! Or is it the salon fault?

Rach> I also want to do red.. but a subtle one lah.... not as daring as you! :D

Want to do rebonding too, but decided against it cos our hair will start dropping out in 3rd or 4th month.. and if rebonded then even more bald!!
 
Oh for pneumococcal:

If taken below 6 months, need 4 jabs

If taken between 6 - 12 months, need 3 jabs

If taken between 1 - 2 year, need 2 jabs

more than 2 years, 1 jab

Should be this lah, but please double check with your doctor!
 
Paige

I am the one selling my top. Jen wants it. If she changes her mind, I will let you know. Do you want the purple one in size m?
 
Lil Jade,

Red, Blue, Green are all semi- permanent colors. If you look into the color scale... They have one of the largest pigments. Red especially. Thus, can only be partially absorbed into the hair cuticles, leading to color dropping as time goes by.

Can't blame us actually. But in a way, if the stylist didn't mention to you that the red will fade in time.. Then I know that consumers would feel that they are cheated. As I said, Every individual person can take the same color differently.. Every individual is special, So their hair is also special.

What the stylist can do for you is to do their best in making you look good... What I'd do is I will input some knowledge to my clients about their hair service, the after care and etc. Not every stylist can be bothered sharing these kind of stuff with customers... Lol... But I cherish mine... So I'd want the best for them. ^.^
 
<font color="ff0099">Lil Jade</font>
Wow! Very comprehensive indeed!! *applause*
Must save all the info down so I stop being so clueless about their immunisations.


<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
So does this mean if I don't wash my hair after i dye it red, then the color won't wash off?
lol.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">prinzess></font>
its fitting.. not VERY tight kind.. but it does sticks to ur skin..
haha..my tummy is so huge.. i wont dare to wear it till another month.. :p

<font color="ff0000">jenifur></font>
include ground shipping means not include international shipping which usually works out to about $2.50-$3 rite??
so its estimated to be about $16 per box for the milk bags?

<font color="ff0000">Paige></font>
wah...my spree will reach prob like end OCt leh.. vpost.. so dun expect too much.. hehee. :p

<font color="ff0000">LIL JADE></font>
yes yes...
my GP told me the same path earlier on when i called to enquire...
he said up to me to take which one...

i was wondering how come got the 5, 5, 6 one.... coz all the while i heard is 6, 5, 6...
so 5, 5, 6 is the new modified one..
but that'll mean bb will get jabbed one more time..the one at 1 month..

but taking 3x 6in1 will mean 4 Hep B jabs in all rite??

i googled and found out abt Ooi Baby too..seems like they are the only well known PD at yishun..

so how much are ur jabs???

think u explained so much clearer than my GP.. ahhahaha...

think Modified 6in1 is cheaper..
Coz my GP charges:
5in1 - $70 x 4
6in1 - $95 x 3
i forgot to ask how much is hep B..should be abt $20-$30?
Using Modified, it'll be $30 (assuming hep B is $30) + $70 + $70 + $95 = $265.

New 6in1 = $95x3 = $285.

Save $20.

5in1 is out coz need to take 5 jabs! man!!

Compared to my PD's:
5in1: $120
6in1: $160..
faint.. i can take the jabs twice.. for my #2 maybe... ahhaha...
oh..my PD dun charge for consultation leh...
i asked.nurse said no.. but already so exp liaoz. of coz la....

Rotavirus:
PD: $85
GP: $90

but cab fare to PD already $20 to and fro.. GP is just across the road for me... save time and money lo..

for pneumococcal, yes..he told me the same no. of times.. its $168 per jab at GP.. never asked PD...

WHY do we need to see PD huh?? if GP can solve the same problem??

hahahha.. i love red.. i've been dying red since secondary.. but it always fades off to brown..
hahaa..so i only have red hair for 1st 3 days.. after which.. it'll be orangey...then brown...
hahaa.. orange red to me also same..

only chestnut colors will stay on my hair for a while.. wahahhaha....

hair will drop only if u didnt wash during confinement..as told by my ML....
coz too oily and dirty... she say malay and indian's hair never drop..coz they wash..and dry with special equipment.... >.<"

<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
think of a ZAO XING for me hor.. 20th oct.. i go find u.. hahahhaa... but how long huh?? if i bring my girl.. i may need to BF in ur salon liaoz..
wahhahaa.....
 
<font color="119911">Shelled</font>
I did my hair purple before.. not the whole head but streaks. I had to bleach my hair. The bright purple lasted only a few days, then it faded to weird ugly purple then it simply faded to the bleached hair colour.. yellowish lor. Stylo for a few days nia. I guess if u dun wash your hair then the bright colour will stay on longer.

<font color="119911">Feeding.. feeding...feeding...</font>
My bb wants to be fed every hourly today! I alternate latching and feeding 60ml FM every hourly.
eg, 2pm latch, 3pm 60ml FM. 4pm Latch....
Am I feeding him too much? But he seems to be asking for milk leh. Tomorrow is his full month celebration, I hope he'll coorperate.
 
>.< My Eyes hurt from all the maths... * Squints *

Shelled,

Yes... Don't wash your hair the red sure last all the way.. Very nice!!! Smell "Very Nice" Too!!! XD

I saw your flicker photo, K's bed is very nice... from where did you get it? The black and white one if I didn't see wrongly.

Rach,

You chopped off your hair... What Zao Xing can I do for you 'cept to chop off more? >.<

Itsy,

That's why I'd rather express and give her an exact amt every 4-5 hourly to make sure she is full until she K.O! XD I always tell my HB... "She's drunk on milk"

Floats,

This caught my eye... I find it UBER cute... And I'm wondering if you guys have any * Ahem * Conections to anyone who deals with the sale of this?

http://www.sgmambo.com/starbaby.html

I refer to the one for the head and the tub.
 


Rach!!! My hair will drop?! Q^Q

I want to wash my hair... But I don't want headache... >.< I already have very bad occasional nerve shocks at the back of my head due to my cervical spondylosis condition.. Don't want to add on an additional headache.. But I don't want to lose my hair!!!!
 

Back
Top