(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">elo mummies...

been MIA'ing for quite some time liao.. CONGRATS to ALL!!

Motherhood is really no ez task. 2 days aft bb's 1st mth, hb went to Egypt to work for abt 2 weeks. He's still there and I'm "alone" with bb. Still tryin to adapt to looking aft her alone. Besides, the norm, gotta set time to do basic cleaning, laundry, settle my own meals, take my shower, pumpin and extra time to play n comfort her when she's wide awake. When there's time, i would pop in the thread to glance thru, just no time to post. I would say all seems fine except when her colic cries erupts at ard tis time in the night. I cry along with her. (I truely salute u mummies who are able to do this all alone!)

Carryin her upright doesnt help n a car ride is not feasible. She cries, i panick, how to drive wor? I just tried to massage her just now as advise by Jenifur. Hope it works. I'm using this Baby Telon Oil (i realised this can be found in SG too, maybe not the same brand) sent over to me from my fren in Indo. I see my ML using this oil during the free massage for bb. So far so gd. Else, I wont be here typing. My gal fell aslp soon aft the massage. Hope it works all the way thru the nite.

Me now tryin to find a time when I can take her out for a ride; I need a breather too la...

All in all, I still find joy having n being with her. I tink we have bonded in one way or the other. So all u mummies, Jiayou okie? TC!</font>

</font>
 


<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
hahahahhaa....yah..sorry for the maths...
but the jabs are soo exp la.. must work out the sums...
man..the amount of Glamourmom and Bravado i bought can pay for all the jabs liaoz...
not forgetting all the loot from various BP/Spree... faint....

Hahahha...now still not that short ma... thats why i give u 10days to think abt it.. hehehe...
see what u can do to it... cut and color.. woohoo.. hehehe.. my fringe still long... and my hair in another 10days..maybe touching shoulder?
wahahahaa...

hahahhaa... are u asking for the float lobang??
hahaha.. i go find out.. wahahhahaa.....

and i intend to bring my girl for infant swimming..heard Hua Xia is opening a new branch in Yishun Northpoint... "next month"
i cant rem is Oct or Nov.. coz i cant rem when i heard this info.. wahhahaha...
and its pretty affordable.about $12-$15 per session.. hehehe..and the one at Northpoint i hear is gonna be with new facilities..
and they'll be closing down the punggol branch.. woohoo!!! 5min from my place.. great!!

Seldom does Northpoint have anything worth mentioning.. now it has! i dun have to go all the way to Harborfront Center.. ahahha. :p
 
I"M SO HUNGRY!!!
what can i eat??

after eating so healthy for 1 month.. it feels quite irky to eat anything outside.. never felt this healthy..
hahha... herbs and tonics everyday...
chicken essence every morning given to me by CL..
somtines alternate with birds nest..
(all given by friends during hospital visits..)
you can imagine how many i received.. one month still have.. hahaha...
 
Hi Mummies, as mentioned I will be placing an order for GNC Fenugreek from Drugstore.

As I'm also getting the GNC Card at USD $15, so that we can get a 20% discount for this order even though its not the 1st week of the month (GNC 20% discount week) Yeh! Hence I'm asking mummies to help me share the cost.

I'm proposing that I pay 1/2 of USD$15 and the balance USD$7.5 to be shared among the mummies whom join this spree. Its still very worth it cause we are getting 20% off each bottle of Fenugreek.

And not forgetting, drugstore price is >50% off local price so its really worth getting this.

Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.45 (to be adjusted according to CC rate, excess will be used to off set shipping)

GNC Fenugreek 200 capsules @ US$10.39
1. Stephie1735 - 2 bottles
2. Jul_04 - 2 bottles
3.
4.
5.
 
shelled,

Then i guess i have to practise more for the lying down position.

Bottle feeding done by hubby. But cos bb don't want to sleep after that, keeps fussing. End up latching him again to make him sleep. Must latch, then he sleeps. So hard to rest lor.. Guess I just have to endure for now.

There are times he doesn't sleep after latching on, little sound disturbance will make him alert and he refuses to sleep again.
 
xiaowei and connie,
one solution to cut down on the mess is to wear a bib for your baby before latching on. i just started wearing a bib for my boy yesterday, and now his clothes don't get so wet even if the milk sprays onto him.

shelled and joon,
i bought two MIM nursing tops for my first pregnancy. i don't like them because the nursing access is not really super accessible. or maybe i've gotten the wrong sizes for the tops ... they're parked in my cupboard right now. don't think i'll ever get to wear them again.

jenifur,
good to hear that little jed is doing well =)

ling,
you're right about the bonding. your girl will be super duper close to you by the end of the two weeks, cos you're her one and only caregiver. it's a bit tough to take care of her on your own, but if you consider that you'll two will get super duper close, i think the hard work now will be very worth it.
 
<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
abit sad leh.. i dun feel my girl close to me at all..she like closer to my mum..
coz i only latch her then throw to my mum..
my mum will entertain her and talk to her..
she will fall asleep in my mum's arms.. not mine...she'll only fall asleep while latching or sleeping on top of me..
then talk to her she dun seem to understand also...
my mum keep nagging me..my computer priority....
i treasure online more than my daughter.... >.<"
 
<font color="ff0099">itsy</font>
Eeeks! Those few days of stylo is damn expensive lor.


<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
I don't go out much. Not much chance to sweat also. hurhur. But really so mafan to get red hair! My hopes are dashed once again.
sad.gif


The black &amp; white one is a changing table from IKEA lah. His bed is a regular boring wooden cot that can be converted to toddler bed.


<font color="ff0099">joopz</font>
Yeah. Not much choice but to tahannnn. I'm going to ki siao soon already. My 2 boys taking turns to stay up late. Until I also cannot get enough sleep.
Tmr Saturday I am going to sleep and BF and do nothing else (even though I have alot of outstanding housework to do). MY REST IS MORE IMPORTANT!
Otherwise later milk supply drop, then both my boys can starve liao.


<font color="ff0099">sandwich</font>
Have you by any chance tried this MIM top?
http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/sbt.html
I've actually never bought nursing wear from MIM cos I got 2 bras from them when I had #1 and the bra quality was pretty crap. Never wanted to buy any other clothing items from them ever since.
 
shelled,
no i haven't tried their tank. mine's normal tops that require me to wear nursing bra underneath. so it can get quite hot, because there's two layers in the tops and that's not including the nursing bra and nursing pads ...

rach,
still have time to remedy, cos your gal is only 1 month old! don't pass to your mum after feeding lah, you try to talk to her and pacify her to sleep by yourself. my mum gets to see my boy only a few hours in a week. but she gets to carry him less than that. today i let her change my boy's diaper for the first time. she was telling me that she forgot how to use wipes cos my toddler doesn't use wipes (we just wash him under the shower hose directly). she was also saying that i've gotta bring my boy more often to her house for her to bond with him ... and then i can go off on a holiday w/out my boys. for the past two years she's been always telling me to go off for a holiday w/out my toddler so that she can spend a lot of time with him, hahaaa she's a funny grandparent.

up till now, my baby is close only to me. he has met my mum/dad 3 times before. but has not met my mil/fil before. i think my mil/fil can meet my baby proper during his first month celebration.
 
<font color="aa00aa">sandwich</font> - ur parents so nice... my dad's okie lah but my mum *sigh... She would be happier if she can get rid of us... we wanted to spend the weekend togther, just the two of us but mum refuse to let the kids go over her place.. even though helpers going over..
 
stephanie,
yah, i am thankful that my mum really love my boys. she especially looks forward to every weekend that she can spend with my toddler. and me being super stretched in the week, can't wait for friday to arrive to bring my boy over to her place. he's happily camping over at her place tonight so hopefully i can nuah in bed with baby till 9 plus tomorrow morning (did that last saturday) ... just finished feeding my baby and i'm going to sleep now. nitez everyone!!!
 
Hi everyone,

I'm going to go ahead with purchasing the Fenugreek from Drugstore. If you want to reserve a few bottles, please PM me. First come first serve basis please

I don't think I will be online tomorrow cause I really want to have lots of rest and all 4 kiddos will be home so its going to be a challenge in getting rest.. lol

By the way, I'm also offering free Goat's Rue sample to mummies in this thread.. I currently have a open bottle of Goat's Rue, I dun mind giving each mum 30capsules to try.. for mums of an average weight, needs to take 1 tab, 4 times a day.

I'm offering this cause I really have a lot of Goat's Rue.. hahaha then now I'm going to take Fenugreek for about 2 weeks first so don't mind giving mummies (only from Sept Mums thread) some to try.

I think I can offer only to about 4 mummies so priority will be given to mummies whom are ordering Fenugreek. (cause they need more help in inceasing bm)
 
Oops, I meant priority given to mummies whom orders the Fenugreek.. If still have balance, will offer to other mummies on a first come first serve basis.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Xiaowei</font>

Yr let-down is too forceful. Try nursing BB with you leaning back, this should helps a little. However our BB r all v adaptable, they will soon get used to e fast flow, jus a matter of time. My children took bout 2 wks plus to get use.

If @ home den can try to manual xpress out some milk b4 latching.</font>
 
hello mummies..

i am breaking out in a rash =( HELP!!! ITCHY!! how ah? I have it on my hands and legs.. and they are in "spots".

shellysays its due to heatiness.. I suspect iz the YANYAN and chocolate i ate today leh,,, haiz how =( anyone had the same problem before? My bb just turned a week old... and the itchy bumps are HIDEOUS!!
 
omg and no onE is online sob... I just applied CB's calendula cream... and it is starting to itch at neck area... OMG
 
Gina,

I'm awake... Your post is pretty unclear...

You or Baby break out? Looks like you... And looks like Baby too... Confused...

What kind of spots are they? Red dots or tiny patches?

If it's in dots.. It could be false measles.
 
me me me!! i scratch then they will have bumps... then it stays there O_O doesnt go away even if they don't itch! >.<
 
<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
hahaha...she wont really go to sleep sometimes..and when she does.. my mum will come in to kajiao..
say day time dun sleep so much...then wake her up and bao bao her?!??
told her a few times..let her sleep dun disturb her liaoz...
but if she's wide awake then i pass to my mum loh...

wah...not met ur ILs before??
my MIL came to visit dunno like 3 4 times already before her full month..
they came to hosp as well....

<font color="ff0000">Gina></font>
i'm awake...but i dun have the remedy.... but one week old u eat chocolate ah.. >.<"

but no itch then leave it first..dun scratch??
 
i had chocolate muffins the day before leh but nothing.. and last night's dinner was normal O_O didn't eat anything new. Now spread to tummy area le. haha winner. Think i tio some kind of food allergy like last time, whereby I had this itch after lunch and went to KKH 24hour clinic and got a jab. WIN ALREADY.

Think iz the same as last time O_O just that i duno what triggered it
sad.gif
 
Hi Mummies,

Have been busy following the thread and nvr seem to find time to post.. Have not finished reading yet but wanna post first b4 baby start wailing again!

Jenifur,
How long will it take for the lansinoh bags to arrived? Im so blur, i din noe my bags are finishing soon.. left less than 15pcs.. Need them desperately..
sad.gif


Fenugreek
I ordered a bottle of GNC fenugreek last month for the overseas spree. However, im gonna stop breastfeeding soon.. Too tired and im gg back to work next month. Lazy to express anymore. *horrible me* Anyone keen to take over y fenugreek? Hopefully will reach sin by next week...
 
pamelia> wow. is tat avent thingy good? do a review for us =p

milkyway> ya lo. nature way one sounds cheap. but think i go with gnc la. keke. waitin for de other spree organiser to contact us.

stephanie> actually all de mums here can share de membership. but i m currently contacting the other spree person. she say international shipping+local shipping cost ard 21bucks. think she got a few spare bottles still. so maybe we can share n use those spare bottles she haf. let me verify how many bottles she have first. or at most we dun buy de membership, get her organise de spree for us =p

think de card for singapore n us is diff. singapore is gnc vip card. us is gnc gold card. dun think u can use sg one at us site =p

sorry. i ordered from de other spree liaos. so will skip ur this spree. cos she got some leftover stock.

rach> ya. when i feed one side, de other side will leak so badly it wets my bra n clothes n drip onto bb's clothes. feel so bad to wet his clothes everytime. now when i feed, i put a bath towel below my breast -_-"

how come u need 3X6in1? i checked with clinic. i need 2 6in1, at 2nd n 6th mths, den 1 5in1 at 4th mth. cos bb only need 2 more hep b jabs? n i not going to pd. i go to de gp near my hm. can make appt somemore. each 6in1 only cost 100bucks, 5in1 cost 85bucks. so total only 285bucks. no one told me abt rotavirus yet. keke. so i not sure =p

ya. only 2 6in1, 1 5in1. cos i skip de 1 mth tat time de hep b. tat y is 2 6in1. ur clinic really ex. try another one ba =p

ur pd's nurse dunno isit. as long as ur 1st hep b n 2nd hep b taken within 3mths interval, it's still valid leh. think i can go take her job =x

jenifur> gees. not sure whether to get nature's way or gnc. erms. but i ordered 2 or 3 bottles of gnc liaos -_- will u be organising de spree agn? =x

red> omg!! y so many pple like red? i prefer de blonde color. something like ash. keke. but oso non permanent color =p wonder when i can go color my hair. when is my boy gonna release me??

paige> de black top is really really nice. let me consider if i wana sell it. cos my boobs are too big for the top!! so dey are sitting in my wardrobe staring at me whenever i walked in

itsy> i think it's growth spurt now. shuld not resort to fm. juz latch him every hr den. cos it's suppose tat bb's growth spurts are to increase mummy's milk supply. if u introduce fm at this pt, naturally ur supply will not be enugh to meet demand
 
Gina...

How are you? I thought it was false measles because I had it before... It feels itchy when we perspire.. I was not at the computer when you yelled for help... >.<
If it's an allergy guess only the doctor can help you...

Mwerkz,

To me, the breast shells are good... 4 shells... 2 with ventilation ( for after you BF/pump to "air" nipples... 2 to hold leaking BM...
 
I look hideous now. I have these itch bumps all over me.. including face.

Went to a gynae clinic near my place and the doc cant pin point what it is due to -.-' gave me steroid to apply and chloramine to take. Ask me to stop taking the medication given by KKH when i discharge but can continue eating "normally".... ask him can continue bf-ing. He kinda clueless. faint. And he is supposingly quite good. argh.

but on the good side, i got the excuse to bathe more often (with Cetaphil)! heh and avoid heaty food for now :p

*scratch scratch itch itch*

oh yar when i got home, saw MIL feeding bb my EBM. Asked them how they heat, empress say via microwave.. defrost. I then "educated" them about the destroying of nutrients etc. No choice lo, she was hungry and they bothered to take out my frozen ebm already not bad. Heng she didnt drink alot.. probably 10ml. Should i throw away the rest of the 50ml?
 
<font color="ff0099">sandwich</font>
I don't like the 2-layer kind of nursing top. Find it very warm and troublesome access boobs to BF. Must lift up 1st layer, unhook bra and pull down, then adjust boob to fit at the nursing opening. Too much lah.
Nursing tanks are so much easier. Just unhook and feed.


<font color="ff0099">Steph</font>
My ILs are the same as your parents. If ever I ask them to help babysit, even if for legitimate reasons, my MIL will say things like "why cannot bring the kids along?".
lame.gif

She says once married and have kids, we shouldn't expect to be able to go out on dates without the kids. It's "part and parcel of being parents".
I guess that probably explains why my ILs' marriage is just the functional kind with no romance whatsoever. I don't want my own marriage to turn out like that lor!

My own side is zero help. My mom passed away in 2004, leaving my dad who is terrible with little children, and his gf who has child-rearing methods I can't see eye to eye with.

I think have to tahan until both the boys are much older before we can go on holiday without them... *sigh*


<font color="ff0099">Lina</font>
I still drink green tea. And a can of redbull everyday when I wake up.
It's ok as long as you don't overload yourself with caffeine, I guess.


<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
Cannot eat chocolate during confinement meh?
I ate alot leh!
lol.gif

My MIL says its considered heaty food, so its ok to eat choc. We only have to avoid cooling foods mah.


<font color="ff0099">Gina</font>
Paiseh ytd I went to KO liao. Nowadays pump very often until I sibei tired.
Why tat doctor so cock one?! Some meds not good for BFing moms lor. Later will have effects on the bb.
 
damn. i just searched online... the Chlorpheniramine Maleate tablet doc gave me not suitable for bf-ing mothers. already told him i bf-ing liao! ROAR!!

thanks to jenifur and pamelia and shelled for being there.. hur hur else i will be like freaking out and scratching my morning away...
 
Gina,

I suggest you go to another doctor to get a clearer diagnosis of what is happening to you to be safe? For you to suddenly breakout and not know what it is, is no joke. When I broke out in red spots on my leg area, I only panicked when it started to "crawl" higher and higher... Lucky for me my doctor knows what was happening to me.
 
Gina, is it feng mo that you are having? I had it few weeks back and on my breasts somemore. I refused to take medication and apply some aloe vera gel and it went away the next morning.
 
Gina, is it small red dots in cluster, once you scratch the red dots will become red bumps ? I had it last week when my bb is one week old too.
It was spreading from my legs to my arms, in small cluster, was going to see a doctor but they disappeared once I stop taking the multi vitamins given by my gynae.

Shelled, hehee REDBULL my fav. drink..we are on the same page. I was afraid that the caffeine gets into the breastmilk then my bb will be wide awake heheheee..
 
Feng mo is hive? I have no idea leh. The bumps wouldn't go away even after a few hours w/o scratching them. i can even see "spots" of them on my palms! hahaa.. jialat.

msged my gynae to ask about the medications given. he said may take if i cannot bear with discomfort and avoid direct breast application. Think the latter is referring to the cream...
 
<font color="ff0099">Lina</font>
I only learnt how to appreciate redbull in my last trimester.
lol.gif

Must use it to "charge my battery" to the max everyday when I wake up. Otherwise halfway thru the day I wanna koonz already.
So far ok lah, my bb still sleep thru the night. Although I'm wondering if the "redbull BM" is the reason why my #1 is always sleeping late nowadays.


<font color="ff0099">Gina</font>
My GP gave me a jab for the itchiness leh. When I kenna rash all over my neck, arms and back just a few days before K's full mth. Instant relief sia!
Then I also got anti-allergy meds. No cream. Within 2 days I was fully recovered liao.
 
Bank Account

<font color="0000ff">For my children saving account, i took up Maybank.</font>
here's some information for those who are interested .

Youngstarz AccountNew generation savings account with added benefits like free insurance coverage and free Youngstarz Club membership
Key info - Free personal accident insurance^ coverage, with worldwide coverage
Optional additional coverage at attractive rates
Youngstarz Club offers year-round discounts, events and privileges


Cultivate good money habits. Start your child on a Youngstarz Account, a new generation savings account that comes with free personal accident insurance coverage, giving you extra assurance that your child is well protected. In addition, be awarded membership in our Youngstarz Club, which entitles you to year-long discounts, privileges, and exclusive events and workshops.

Benefits
Free Personal Accident Insuranceˆ – covers you and your child worldwide; protects against accidental death and permanent total disablement with lump sum payout of up to 7 times the account balance
Youngstarz Account passbook for easy monitoring
Option to enjoy additional protection with Youngstarz Enhanced - Daily Hospital Cash Benefit for Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Measles, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis A and more
Youngstarz Club – offering year-round discounts, events and privileges for you and your child
Youngstarz Plus – a benefit package that helps to plan your child’s future
Attractive gifts* when you open a new account or top up an existing account
* Gifts are available while stocks last. Maybank reserves the right to vary or substitute any gift at its sole discretion. Limited to one gift per account.
ˆ Terms and conditions apply

Interest rate
Among the highest interest rates in town for a children's savings account
Interest is calculated daily and credited monthly
Minimum initial deposit
S$10 (enjoy free personal accident insurance coverage with a minimum deposit of S$500)

Who can apply
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, Foreigners with Employment Pass or Work Permit
Minimum 18 years of age
Required documents
Parent or guardian
Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents – Singapore NRIC
Passport and Employment Pass or Work Permit and latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
Child
Birth certificate
Fees and charges
S$2 monthly service fee; waived with a minimum average daily balance of S$500
 
Shelled
Yea Redbull is a life saver !! Lets hope my fussy pot princess will not be wide awake. I love my caffeine but I am quite sensitive to caffeine too, both my hubby &amp; myself cannot take any form of caffeine after 6pm otherwise we will be wide awake. (Thats before the BB comes along, hehee now I knock OUT)..
 
to increase milk supply: i brought Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea..

i think this is quite gd for me.. i only started drinking 2 teabag on thu.. one yesterday and one today but since yesterday noon time i find my supply increase! everytwo hours i can pump out at least 100ml from one side after latching.. n nw breast feels full more quickly so u gals may wanna consider this also..
 
and i just drank my 1st cup of kopi this morning after so long! hehe touch wood.. didi can still sleep ley.. just woke up but just in time to play w my MIL who just came over..haha so i no need entertain him too yeah!
 
mummies,
this morning i had a bad nosebleed. alone with bb then and he wanted to nurse. so i had to carry him with one hand while running to the sink and draining out the blood with the other hand. hmm, dunno what caused the nosebleed.

gina,
how's your rashes? any better now? due to food allergies is it?

hui chern,
replied your mail already. i want to get the top from you =)

happykae,
i'll prob get a POSB acct for my baby because #1 is using POSB also, then all records can be assessible online via my POSB ib acct
 
Lina: oh izzit? Okok i try not eating Obimin tmr then. Had it just now in the afternoon...

anyway the itch seem to have subsided for my right hand after i applied desitin.. heh trial and error. but still can see the "spots"...
 
Hi Rach,

happy.gif
hee i dare not wear Tank now lo... sometimes need to go out to grad something and realised that almost all my old clothes cannot make it.. the bust area and the tummy area is so tight :p ..
 
bbq: no leh... i think bb full month will have ppl buy toys lo hehe.. my hub's boss send the hamper inside already got one :p
 
Sigh... my hubby actually couldn't recall where he placed our marriage cert after registering our son's bc early last year. So, he couldn't register for our girl yesterday at ICA with a duplicate copy. Argh. I don't even recall him passing it to me and he asked me to help search for it... The study room has so many files...
I wonder if there's any other mummy in a similar predicament.

bbq98,
I doubt I'll buy any toys for my baby.. Almost tripped over my other kids' toys this morning. My HDB flat looks like a mini playground with all sorts of toys. Even my neighbour's kids like to pop over to take a look. Sigh. Hard to tidy the place when they keep throwing the toys all over the place. Not enough storage space.
sad.gif

But, saw this Toys R Us sale ad in the papers... quite tempting.
 


Gina,
did ur sch send hamper with toy to u? I got different hampers for each kid. There was a big playmat for my #2 in the hamper. Now, only got fruit, essence of chicken and flowers.
 

Back
Top