(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

thawing EBM
hi all, anyone can advise if i can thaw EBM in normal room temp n then heat up with hot water?? tmr's bb shower so my mum sugest i feed bb with EBM faster n i wont hook on to bb for too long...:p but going yo my IL' place so tot of taking out the frozen EBM from fridge then travel there n heat up after thaw. u think possible??

bbq
i didnt buy any toys, mayb only the mobile musical? the hampers i received have toys n i think might receive some tmr for bb shower too?
 


<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
Like what LIL JADE posted... the recommended schedule actually dun have a 6in1 5in1 6in1... this morning i wanted to bring my gal to jab hep B at 1month..
so that we'll take the modified 6in1 which is 5in1 at 3rd,4th month.and 6in1 at 5th month...
but i discussed with doc..and then he said if i want 6in1 5in1 6in1 also can...

yah... GP said that its okay to take 3x6in1 also.. no harm according to studies made..
but i was thinking clinic just wan to make money la.. hahaha..coz 6in1 more exp...

so.. i left the clinic without the hepB jab..
will go back at 2nd month for 6in1, then 5in1 at 4th month and 6in1 at 6th month..

6in1:$95
5in1:$70
hehe.. so my total is $260.. cheaper than urs.. haha...

Rotavirus is $90.. 2 doses...

but need another 5in1 at 18th month de...

PD is exp.. but i going to GP liaoz.. hehe.. :p

<font color="ff0000">Gina></font>
u use cetaphil???
my PD recommended that for bb.. but it was so exp.. i didnt buy..but now i buy California Baby.. i think more exp..
wahahahha..

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
hahaa.. i dunno can eat chocolate or not.. but doesnt sound right for confinement..whahhahaha....

<font color="ff0000">happykae></font>
min 18yrs of age for the account?? how to open for our babies??
but got min $500 monthly balance?? Mmm..

<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
too heaty thats why nosebleed??
maybe due to the confinement food we've been taking for so long.. hehe.. :p

<font color="ff0000">prinzess></font>
hahhaa.. i just grab a maternity dress if i need to go out urgently now..
i wore it to the clinic this morning. haha..

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
toys not yet..coz they dun know how to play yet... but i got gym mat as gift..and some teething toys...

<font color="ff0000">vomitting milk></font>
my girl has been vomitting milk after every feed, even after burping her.... why huh???
anyone has bb vomitting milk?? its sometimes liquid..sometimes curdy....
 
Shelled, I think pple say to avoid choco coz of the caffein.

Toys
====
I want to buy some toys for my babies but don't know what to buy. Rach, maybe you, as the official lobang queen can start sourcing for lobangs for toys? :p

Vomitting milk
==============
Mine also but if it's not a lot, I guess it's ok.
 
Hi mommies..sorry to disturb.. I've received a brand new combi miracle turn TJT-350 as a newborn gift. But I've purchased a peg perego stroller already. Willing to let go at $420. Price negotiable. Please pm me if interested. Thanks.

Rach,
thanks for your suggestion. Will be more diligent in latching and pumping..
 
Rach,

Min 18 years old is for mother or father - is like a joint account wif the kids - account name is under the children. Their interests is higher then certain banks and they provide FOC insurance for the account holder(kids)
 
bbq98> bought alot of toys. n bb full mth alot of pple give toys oso. so now alot liao. dun think i wanna get more =p

rach> ya. i'll oso be doing 6in1, 5in1 followed by 6in1. keke. slightly more ex ba mine, but nvm la. can make appt n no need to wait. so i dun mind. moreover near to my place too

i think bb too full den will vomit. mine too. but cos my breast will engorge. so let bb drink more n vomit ba. i lazy to pump =x
 
sonnig: was told to choose $50 worth of hamper or ntuc voucher. I chose the voucher :p

bbq: heh heh You know what i will do? I will see which ones i like and are suitable then the rest eh hmm.. maybe sell them or give away hehe =x
 
Calling all mummies! I’m selling a few brands of milk powder. EG. Similac 2, Isomil 2 Advance Soy , PediaSure, Similac Mum, Gain IQ Kid, Nan 1 and 2, Nan HA 1 and 2, Mamil Gold 1 and 2, S26, Promil, Progress and ENFA ALL KINDS. As I m working in a clinic, can get direct from supplier. PRICE SURE CHEAPER THAN NTUC!!! SMS 96838123, IF U R KEEN.
 
rachel,
the thing is that i don't take confinement food at all!! i get to eat ginger like one meal a week??? when i visit my mum's place for dinner in the weekend lah. aiyah, just hope it doesn't occur again.

bbq98,
when bb is below 3 months old, they hardly need any toys, you and husband are baby's best playmates! for 3-6 months old baby, i think you can get cloth blocks, cloth books, textured toys, toys with bells, toys that make crinkly sounds, toys that can be gnawed on (for teething).
 
<font color="ff0099">Lina</font>
I've always been quite resilient towards coffee. I can drink and still fall asleep within 30mins! Strangely, redbull works. Which is the only reason why I drink it .But have to add ice – redbull on the rocks – or sip it slowly. Too sweet!


<font color="ff0099">Katherine</font>
You trying so many ways of increasing supply?! Then how to know which is the one that is working wonders?? I also wanna up supply for J!
And what was your previous pump amt? Increase by how much?
Sorry arh, must ask clearly before i stupidly anyhow buy.
 
Lol.. Mwerkz,

So bad, BB vomiting actually is quite tiring to them... Mine does merlion too... But that's when there is too much milk + some air (THAT REFUSE TO COME OUT!)

Refers to her handy BB book. * Stretches her fingers *

Spitting up small amount of milk after feeds or between feeds is normal. Occasionally, the milk may come out through the nose. Spitting up is due to excessive slackness in the muscle ring located where the feeding tube ( oesophagus ) and the stomach meets.

It is practically impossible to prevent all spitting up. If your baby is happy and putting on weight normally, then he/she needs no treatment. All you need is a good supply of bibs and patience.

Spitting up will get less with age and will gradually disappear when the muscle ring at the upper end of the stomach becomes stronger and can "seal" the stomach properly. This usually occurs when he/she starts on solids at the age of 4-6 months.

You should consult your doctor if he/she has excessive spitting associated with poor weight gain. Recurrent vomiting of more than half the milk feed, more than 2-3 times a day, is not normal and should be seen by the doctor.

Burping is to get rid of the excess air that the baby swallows during feeding. Some parents and nurses become quite obsessive about getting the baby to burp after feeds. If there is no burp after trying for 5-10 minutes, it is not necessary to carry on. Burping should not be overdone. Excessive burping for a long time will irritate the baby and cause him/her to spit up or vomit.

Done!
 
hey mummies.. just wondering... why am i getting breathless at the same time?

Pamelia, any condition in your BB handbook that includes "illness" like mine? First is the itch then breathless? I have been using Ventolin Inhaler very often today... I usually get better almost after using... somehow.. i am slowly developing a cough O_O
 
Gina,

Mine is BB handbook for common problems in Newborns Nothing with adults am afraid...

For your case... I think you had better go to a doctor for a proper diagnosis... It seems that there are more and more problems arising... Better get to the root of the problem asap.
 
<font color="ff0099">Gina</font>
I agree with Pamelia. Pls go see doctor again for a proper diagnosis. Don't go back to that same quack!
 
woo hoo! just read up a bit and i think i got drug allergy! I AM SO DEAD. now i am down with breathlessness as well XP
 
<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
but toys are quite subjective.. what kind of toys u wannna buy??

my girl has been crying since 11plus..faint.. change diapers, latched, carry she also cry...fall asleep then will suddenly jerk up and cry..
and whole process start all over again...
FAint..

<font color="ff0000">Happykae></font>
oh okie.thanks..

<font color="ff0000">michelle></font>
wah u win..let bb drink more and vomit...
now i headache.. give her left and right a dozen times...
now my mum carry her..she quiet for few min..then cry for few min...
dunno what she want...

<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
oh..then maybe not enough fluid?? then cause heatiness? i dunno leh...

<font color="ff0000">Gina></font>
better seek help from another doc..
 
my boy just had his 6in1 jab yesterday and today i saw his injection site is red and swollen, when u touch it, feels abit hard. what should i do? *worried*
 
Need help!! I suspect my gal has colic!! Was surfing thru and she seems to fit all the symptoms of colic for the past wk! Ok I know I'm slow to pick this up but I just realise it could b colic after chatting with a fren today and she highlighted it.. How can I help my bb? Shld I bring her to a doc?? Anyway going to pd on mon for her jab.. I'll check with pd too but in the meantime, wat can I do???
 
Ohayo~ Emptied 1 boob... Before I empty the other one... Let me share about Colic.

- Refers to her BB Handbook once again. -

This is the most difficult question to answer. The truth is that no one is certain what causes colic. It is not a result of poor parenting, so don't blame yourself.

All babies cry on and off but colic cry is different. The term colic is used when a healthy baby cries for one or two hours at a time without reason and cannot be easily consoled. Colic usually shows up when a baby is 2 to 3 weeks old, stays for 1-2 months and goes away by 3-4 months. Although Colic cry is harmless, it is very distressing to the parents and can drive them nuts, especially when it happens in the middle of the night.

Helping a baby with Colic is primarily a matter of experimentation. Different babies are comforted by different measures. So try the following and see what works for you:

* Cuddle and gently rock your baby whenever he/she cries. A soothing rhythmic movement helps a baby to relax and go to sleep.

* A car ride for 10-15 minutes seems to be magically effective. Witness the sheepish look of the parents when they rush the crying baby to the emergency only to find him/her sound asleep when they arrive.

* There is no evidence that excessive gas causes Colic. However, some parents report a improvement with Infacol drops. This contains simethicone which may reduce intestinal gas. It is not absorbed into the body. So it is safe to try.

* Rubbing Chinese herbal ointment on the tummy may help. Just make sure it is not given orally. Most of these preparations contain salicylates which can cause poisoning and death in ingested.

* Although true cow's milk protein allergy is rare, some babies seem to be less colicky when they are taken off cow's milk formula. A change to soy formula or Pregestimil for 2 weeks is worthwhile trying if all else fails.

* There are lots of stories about food that breastfeeding mums should avoid. These include cabbage, beans, diary products and nuts. If you are worried, you may take off the suspected offending food for 2 weeks and see whether he/she is better.

You should consult a doctor if :-

* Colic is recurrent. Urinary tract infection may masquerade as Colic.

* He/She has fever, recurrent vomiting or diarrhoea.

*Weight gain is low.

*You are so upset that you might hurt your baby.

Done! Time to empty the other boobie and catch some more Z's!
 
<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
wah...thanks for the info again.. i think my girl has colic last nite...

she cried from 11-3am..without reason and cannot be easily consoled...
after feeding, changing and we did whatever we can... from me to Hb to my mum, then to my dad back to my mum and me..then to HB...
it finally ended when HB sing to her with her lying on HB... at about 3am...then it stayed that way till 4plus then transferred her down to our bed...
but my baby is 5 weeks old now..
sad.gif

it drove me and HB nuts... mum &amp; dad were trying very hard too....

Diary products - does it include EnfaMama kind of milk??

My girl has slept from 3am till now.. dun wanan wake her up..coz she looked so tird last nite...she didnt sleep the whole of yest as welll...
and i'm pumping coz i'm leaking............. >.<"
 
pamelia
thanks for the info.. My gal was crying the whole nite n now her voice sound sore!! Can't wait for mon to come and today gonna b a crazy day cos it's bb shower!!!
 
No Problemo Mommies...

I am experiencing these problems myself... I have been driven nuts... But what's there I can do but to face it. X3

Rach, Colic starts at 1-2 weeks old. Lasts for 1-2 months. So even your 5 weeker could be having it. You could check the ingredients on the milk tin?
 
shelled.. i only drinking e nursing milk ley.. which other ways am i using to up e supply? u blurz again or i blurz? previously both side after latching can onli fill up one glass bottle tt's abt 100ml.. nw bb will b full after one side n i can fully pump e other side w a full glass bottle plus abt 20ml ba.. its really gd even without e measurement cos i can fill my breast being full very soon.. compare to before..

going to be busy today! having didi full mth later...

enjoy ur sunday!
 
J@@n,
My bb jus passed full month last sat ☹. Not even hit week 6th yet..argh..

Mamto6js,J@@n
All bb white clothing are stain with pus…. Tody went to see DR Ong EK at the same time Heb B jap… and Jaudice … his advise for bb Scalp/Eye brown yellow flaky area use baby oil and half hour clean with warm water.. for baby acne wipe with cold water.. for neck is heat rashes using steroid cream.…***faintz**** all kind of rashes hit on my bb.. so ugly. Last sat oso ugly, this sat another party for him .. oso sooo ugly..

As now my bb hands now is sooo actively rubbing his old face and then he will licks his mitten. How you manage to apply cream on your bb?
 
Hi all, am back from KKH 24hour clinic..

even the doc there cant determined what is the exact cause- could be food, drug or whatnot. It is definitely an allergy. Anyway, he gave me another type of medicine to take, if yesterday's clinic's one doesnt work. (I doubled confirmed that it is safe for BFing... see la internet scare me..) bleah

shall have lunch and start eating meddy
hope it works!! >.<
 
<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
wat ingredient in the milk cause wind??

<font color="ff0000">flower></font>
my baby begin to have yellow flaky area... so use baby oil and clean w warm water.. okok.. i try..
no oil can use moisturizer??
 
Gina,
You are fortunate to have a choice of gifts from sch. How I wish mine does tat too! Hmm.. from what I know, you have to stop taking one kind of food at a time to find out which one causes the allergy. That's what I did to find out what my skin or stomach is sensitive to.

rach,
if scalp/eye has yellow flaky area, oil is better. Moisturizer might make it worse. No baby oil, can use olive oil, the kind for cooking. I use that on my girl and it's safe.

flower4,
Why not use white rice wine for heat rash instead of the steroid? I use that for my girl to cool her rash and it works quite well. Steroid will thin out the skin, making it even more sensitive in future. I know becos it happened to me. Used to apply the steroids like nobody's business when rashes appear becos of my eczema.. Since then, my skin seems more sensitive so I stopped. Applied lots of oil-based cream instead after washing with rice wine for myself.

bbq,
If you really want to get toys, get flash cards of black and white pictures cos babies at 1 month see things in black and white. Then, talk to baby about the pictures. Gradually flash cards with colourful pictures as baby grows. They can slowly identify simple shapes and colours. It helps in baby's brain development and learning. That's what I read somewhere and my brother happened to buy that sort of stuff for my #1 so I'm recycling for my #4 now.
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0099">Katherine</font>
To quote your last post hor:
<font color="aa00aa">to increase milk supply: i brought Traditional Medicinals, Organic Mother's Milk, Caffeine Free Herbal Tea..</font>

So I thought you bought 3 types of tea lah!
lol.gif


I got my hubs to go buy this Milkmaid tea from this shop @ Suntec. Later he bring back I will drink drink drink! Hope it works leh.
But so far I've been tandem pumping during every feeding, and squeeze in 2-3 dual pumping sessions, and my supply went up from 400+ml per 24hrs to 600+ml.
Ytd I lazy and went out walk walk, only pump total 4 times, also got 445ml in total. Today so far pumped 3 times, total also 425ml liao.

So I confirm that pumping alot actually helps. But... very tiring lah. Esp with the washing/sterilising/storing. Can faintz. Not to mention it leaves me with hardly any time to do other stuff.

Congrats on didi's man yue! Hope you get lots and lots of angbaos!
biggrin.gif
 
I'm in a dilema. I work from home. So I actually started working 'part time' during my first week of confinement. Cos it's own business, need to do at least some work to bring in some income. With breastfeeding, I am finding it very hard to juggle both. And especially at night. I was pumping when the confinement lady was here for a month, but more for one nite feed and during my massage session. But now, to handle everything myself, it's really too tiring to pump after latching.

So I'm thinking of letting my mum look after my boy asap. But then I can't express out enough to last him the whole day at my mum's place. I know I need to up my supply by pumping, but really can't find the energy to do so for now.

Considering to supplement him with some formula milk until my BM supply goes up. But at the same time, I'm afraid he prefers FM if I start introducing it to him now. =(
 
<font color="119911">any mummies bring your babies to swim at huaxia ?
actually i'm interested to get a neck float for my gal, but would like to let her try at hua xia first. anybody know the cost ?</font>
 
<font color="ff0000">sonnig></font>
oh okay.. i go find for olive oil or not.. but why got flakes huh/?
onlly on the eye brow...

<font color="ff0000">ivy></font>
i'm thinking to bring my baby to swim at huaxia too..heard they opening a new outlet at Northpoint next month..
so i'll bring her there then.
happy.gif


i think huaxia sells the neck float??

oh..if i'm not wrong, its about $190 for 10 sessions plus a free trial... something like that..
i know its about $12-15 per session..
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0099">Ivy</font>
Maybe you can try to mix part BM part FM for the bb?
Instead of 1 feed of 100% BM, another feed of 100% FM. Then at least bb can't differentiate the taste so clearly.

Meanwhile, maybe you can try taking supplements to up supply. Pumping is v tired indeed, I also very tempted to wave white flag liao.


<font color="ff0099">rach</font>
I apply calendula cream on K's flaky skin near the eyebrows. Works well leh.
 
rach,
I'm not sure. Why not ask Pam, the expert with the BB manual? Sounds like some martial arts manual.. hehe
happy.gif

Anyway, I'm the kiasi type who doesn't like to apply cream on baby.. Scared of side effects that might last.
 
<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
What is the title of your BB manual? I think the info v good leh! We should all buy a copy!
 
shelled,

Erm, i think u're replying to me about the FM right? Hehe..

BM and FM can mix together ah? Didn't know that.
I just bought a bottle of fenugreek to try out. To mix BM with FM, I still need to have some BM before I can send my boy over to my mum. Still need to pump. Not sure if my supply is considered ok or low. After latching him on one side, the most i can express is only 90ml from both breasts. Somtimes only 60ml or less.

I've stopped pumping for about a week since the confinement lady left. Not to mention, I need to have some EBM to feed him when I need to go run errands.

If I pump before latching him, will my boy have little milk to suckle from the breast? Sometimes he seems irritable at the breast, like not getting enough. Moving his head around with my nipple in his mouth. Ouch. I hope it's not cos my supply is going down. As long as I keep latching, the supply should maintain right?
 
shelled

how can u give up pumping? if i'm still pumping, u must also pump ok! muahaha

joopz

dunno abt ur bb, but sam has no prob with fm/bm. give him when he's hungry, he'll just drink.
 
<font color="ff0099">joopz</font>
Aiyo, paiseh! I blurz again. 真丢脸!
lol.gif


I'm also pumping both sides abt 30mins before I latch K. I don't pump until empty, I leave abt 1/3 milk inside boobs. Cos usually I have 3 letdowns to empty boob totally, I just pump 2 letdowns, leaving 1 for him.
He needs 2 letdowns to be 100% full, so he "work" for the 2nd letdown. Trick my boob into believing i need more more more milk.
SO far he doesn't fuss during feed, he just takes longer to nurse cos the milk doesn't flow as fast cos not much left inside.

You didn't mention how often you're pumping. If it's 60-90ml (in total for 2 sides) every 2-3hrs, then it's normal.
As for maintaining a supply sufficient for bb, you will have to latch or pump regularly (until breast is emptied) every 2-3hrs to upkeep supply.
If you only half-empty your boobs, then it won't be as efficient.
Link: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/pumping_decrease.html


<font color="ff0099">Re: Mixing FM and BM</font>

Can mix leh. Links:
- http://www.llli.org/FAQ/mixing.html
- http://www.babycenter.com/404_can-i-mix-breast-milk-and-formula_8883.bc
- http://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/helpme_asklc_ans154.html

I think I should highlight this part to moms who are supplementing (from the last link posted):
<font color="aa00aa">Babies tend to take more milk out of a bottle than from the breast (for several reasons), and formula tends to sedate babies. Also, it takes a longer time for formula to digest. So formula-fed babies tend to eat larger feedings and space them further apart than breastfed babies.</font>

So mommies, pls stop thinking that babies sleep longer and are more pacified by FM. It's simply because FM sedates babies &amp; FM takes longer to digest. It's not a "bad thing" per se, cos you frees up more of your time to rest, but don't say your BM is inferior cos bb fusses and keep wanting to nurse!


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
I'm pushing my boobs to make milk for 2 leh. Maybe pushing a bit too hard liao. Been feeling very stressed.
sad.gif

I still have 120++ml I need to increase in order to make enough everyday for both J and K.
Now my daily pumping output only 500+ml.
But ytd and today i very tired (and lazy) only put 3-4 times nia. Cos I'd rather go out and walk walk to breath (shopping centre's) "fresh" air.
lol.gif

I hope tmr my supply still remain there. Cos today I started bleeding brownish blood. Hope it's not my period lor. Otherwise I suck thumb cos supply sure drop.
sad.gif
 
Joopz, dun mix fm with bm esp if u have limited bm. Reason being if ur bb can't finish the bottle of ebm, u can still keep for next feed. But if u mix n he can't finish, then u have to discard coz can't keep fm. If u are feeding both in a single feed, eg ur bb drinks 100 ml but u have only 50ml bm n need to supplement with 50ml fm, let him drink the bm first. Of coz if u have lots of bm and don't feel sayang discarding bm, the mixing them will be good way to prevent your bb from distinguishing. But I wonder how it will taste like.
 
Shelled, u r tricking your breasts to feed twins and trying to put yourself in my shoes? ;-p it is very stressful and stress inhibits supply.
 
shelled
Thing is I dunno how to gauge if breast is empty or not. I just pumped until there's no milk and the breasts feels soft. I do pump and stop, massage boobs, then continue pumping. So far, I only experience 1 letdown every pumping session on the breast that is not latched on. For the 1st month, I only pumped max 3 times a day, else just 2 pumping sessions. So the amount yielded, 90ml from both breasts are very little right?

I latched bb very frequently, every 2 to 2.5hrs, 24/7 now. He latched for about 10 to 15 mins, sometimes longer.

bbq98,
Thanks for the advice! Will keep that in mind especially if i don't have much ebm in the fridge.

I'm left with only about 200ml of frozen ebm since last week.

Very stressed now, cos needs to work and nurse bb at the same time. At nite not much sleep, let alone time to pump after every feeding. I am happily letting my bb sleeps during the day so that I can do my work peacefully. But at night, he tends to wake up more often to feed. He seems more hungry at night.

Talking about going out for a breather, I haven't stepped out of the house since confinement except for my gynae visits, see the PD and my boy's first month.
sad.gif
 



Back
Top