(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Hi all,

I have been following the thread though I seldom write in.

I have been worried about my milk supply since few days after my son's delivery. My son was delivered on 15 Sept. All the stress made me cried a lot during the first week. Moreover, my CL is not pro-breast feed which further added on to my stress.

Is each pump of 80 to 110ml sufficient for my boy who is 18 days old? I am tempted to try the Mum's milk tea but not sure of the effect. Anyone has tried it and is there any side effects?


I desperately need some advice. Thank you.
 


BF will cause jaundice? seems like my girl looks abit yellow again. tmr going for check up again, afraid have to admit again i faint lor.
 
Shelled,got the tank tops. Thanks. You are extremely efficient! Tks also for the compliment. I just damn vain lah. When can we start doing sit ups (for csection mums)?
 
shelled, princessxiaomei,

come to think of it.. As I delivered through c-sec.. I had the binder thingy on for almost 2 weeks then take out. I kiasu and scared of pain, that's why I had it on for the longest time. Somemore, hospital charge me $50 for it.. So I kiasu keep using it. Maybe that helps with the tummy.. But it gets itchy and sweaty when I had it on.
 
BBQ/Rach,

Yup it's the rough gauge from when I weighed myself and her and minus off my weight... But my weighing scale abit haywire... So I'd say about 3kg.

How much should she be drinking then? She drinks 70-75ml now.
 
<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
ooooh ok! Can you help me ask your supplier the nightgown agar how much? I super love lor, but I refuse to pay USD49 for something I'd wear at home to sleep!
I also gian the dress, but I think tummy so big, wear sure damn ugly de lor...

I think your nursingwear amt still ok leh.
I got 2 ONB, 1 BSS, 2 MEV bras, 2 pigeon sleep bras, 2 Emma Jane and 1 Spring Maternity nursing tube bra.
Then tops... 5 Glamourmom, 1 GAP, 2 Japanese Wkend, 3 MEV, 2 Target, 8 Motherwear, 1 H&amp;M, 5 nursing nightgowns and several other pieces that are not nursing wear but V-neck and can use for nursing. And I'm still buying!!
OK... now that I count them like that. I think I really should stop buying liao.
lame.gif



<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
Check with your gynae during your 6wk postpartum check. Mine has given me green light to do crunches already. She dun advise sit-ups because it puts strain on our back as well, which is already quite strained during pregnancy and also now that we have to carry our babies often.

We are all vain lah. It's women's nature.
biggrin.gif



<font color="ff0099">Corinne</font>
The amt you manage to pump out should be enough for your bb. Most 3wk old babies only drink an average of 70ml every 2-3 hrs. While appetites vary from child to child, I have no doubt that your supply is definitely enough for your boy at this point.


<font color="ff0099">enxuan</font>
I also wore my binder 24/7 for 3wks, so maybe that explains why I can wear back my pre-preg bottoms but skin still saggy lor. Is your tummy skin saggy/flabby at all?
 
LiL Jade,
whenever my bb Poo poo, i thank God...i feel very relief.. yalor. my bb too poo poo during feed...

BTW, any mummies believer OVERFEEDING??? at times bb still suckling during sleeping but once bb suckle there sure got milk out. how can bb suckle for comfort? is not like pacifier suckle without milk... our nipple is difference, once suckle sure got milk one mah..

ToDAY,... MY HUBBY sugges to give bb pacifier.. as bb still asking for milk while his tummy very hard like painful... so BOPIANZ!!!!! give in.. but just now after bathing bb , bb crying my hubby give the pacifier but soon later, bb noe there no MILK. and refuse to take pacifier , they are so clever..
 
Rach,pamelia, if you have a tin of fm, there shld be a table on the tin that shows the estimated amt of milk to give a bb according to his wt. But again, that is just an estimate.
 
<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font> - she latch on baby on my breast like a breeze loh... then teach me massage and think baby cleared the breast so after that breast produced more...

There is a very smart way that they use to measure how much baby drinks from breast leh... First measure baby's weight before latch on, then after baby's full either after one or both breast, measure baby's weight again and that will tell u how much he drank.. Cool right? lol

My baby now already weighs 3.5++kg, 200g more than birth weight at 2 weeks...
happy.gif


<font color="aa00aa">Sarah</font> - Goat's Rue is another supplement for milk supple

<font color="aa00aa">princessxiaomei</font> - Yah... I want to do a scrapbook project for him (gynae) to thank him. So happy finally got a pic of him.. but pity hubby never go with me... else both of us can take pic with him.

Yah... u go ask.. Its not compulsory to do pap smear but its recommended to do it.

<font color="aa00aa">sandwich</font> - you SUPER WOMAN leh..!!! I don't think I can do it loh... feed infant still can read to your toddler.. SUPER man.. lol

<font color="aa00aa">Connie</font> - In ward, the lactation consultant came to see me but cause there was no breastfeeding pillow, I carried baby and that particular consultant ask me to press on my breast cause scared suffocate baby and another hand under boobies to support.. but today, the consultant I saw taught me to just lie baby flat on brestfriend pillow, no need to support his head at all, no need support boobs, just make sure I hold baby tight and baby could clear my breast well...


Then after burp, go back to the same breast first then until really drained then change sides.. I always thought finish one side liao just go to the other side... but she teach say after burp, go back to same side first...

<font color="aa00aa">milkyway</font> - the trick is to make sure baby clears breast... I fed baby at about 11:15am to 12pm then consultant weighed baby and say he drank about 80ml... then when I expressed at 3pm, I could get 80ml of milk which I normally could also barely get 60ml... so I believed that she helped me latch on well, teach me the latch on method and changing sides method and could clear breast well..

Also, she mentioned my baby very colicky..
sad.gif
maybe that's why he so fussy during day time
sad.gif


<font color="aa00aa">Pamelia</font> - my boy also 2 weeks old.. think our babies difference by 1 day... he is born on 16th Sept... He can drink 100++++, even the consultant say he is a super good drinker..
 
<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
my FM tin only states from 0-1 week, 1-4 weeks..so its acording to age, not weight wor..

<font color="ff0000">flower></font>
i dunno..but my gal is almost awake the whole day... fall asleep in arms..bt thats the only place she would fall asleep...
once put down she cries again... sigh...

i dunno leh.. haha... i'm giving my gal 100ml for 2 weeks liaoz..

<font color="ff0000">steph></font>
any remedy for being colicky??
u went to TMC???
 
Rach> Sent you a PM! Yeah hor, why I didn't think of that and ask you to PM me... gee... I think my brain is getting slower.. maybe all the inactivity of the brain during confinement :p
 
<font color="Ff0099">Rach</font>
Can help me ask your supplier for the price of:
- Sleepwear Nursing Bra Nightgown (USD49)
- Nursing Bra Slip Dress (USD44)

Thanks arh! Wanted to sms you but I scared disturb your sleep.
 
steph
oh yes i know some expert LC use the weighing before n after method to gauge how much baby has drank from the breast. so did she tell u whats the formula? how many grams to how many ml of bm? but then again u need a very precise digital machine up to 2 decimal point to measure right.

wah ur baby suck 45mins get 80ml then mine suck fast fast 15 mins get how much ah? but also becos mine is 2 wks older than urs so more effecient sucker.

this LC u went to seems to know her work, v expert!

sandiwch
wah u go girl!! can even bring a wk old baby n a toddler to take bus and even feed in the bus! salute u!!
 
<font color="aa00aa">rach</font> - she never say leh... But for me, I normally dun do anything for colic.. I find that its a bo pian thing and it will pass... Unless its really serious, then I will bring baby to PD... Cause PD last time say his stomach still not stable so will take sometime to "stabilise". Cause still young lah..

<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font> - it should be 1g to 1ml.

My milk flow slow mah... so need longer time.. then this fella like to suck and then sleep.. have to wake him up many times just on 1 breast... think my milk got sleeping pills content.. hahah once suck confirm sleep...
 
have not logged in for a long time liao. So glad to see that most mummies have given birth and is managing pretty well =) Nate has been doing well too. Feeding every 2 hourly but not sleeping through the night yet!! The elder one can get jealous sometimes and often calls out for me. But he is getting better.

By the way, need help from mummies here. I need a part-time cleaner to come in once a week. Any lobang? Rach, you got part-timer cleaner? Cos I remember you live around Yishun, so if you have one, can recommend? Hee, hee... I live around Woodlands/Admiralty area.

Sandwich, you really gungho lor... the furthest I went with my two sons was just downstair to get some groceries. Hoping to venture further!!
 
<font color="ff0000">LIL JADE></font>
hur hur..
sent to u liaoz...

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
asked...waiting for reply....
hahah..my phone is on silent mode nowadays..hahaha...u wont be able to disturb me.. wahahhaha...
unless i'm sleeping liaoz.. or away from phone due to caring for my bb, else my phone is still very near me wherever i am in the house..
hahahah...
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">steph></font>
ooh..so must wait for colic to go away de ah?
i dunno why.. its either my girl waiting for daddy to come back.... or what..
last nite he sang to her till she fell asleep..before that she didnt want to sleep no matter what we do......... >.<"
we as in me and CL...
only daddy could settle her.........
whole day she was awake!!!!!!!!!!
can a 25 days old baby stay awake for 8-10 hours in the day??????????
then nite also dun wan to sleep...she always jerk up and cry..
like someone scared her...

anyone has babies who jerk while sleeping?? and wake up??
or she can latch till fall asleep...for a few min..then suddenly jerk up..and cry....
MMmmm....
 
<font color="ff0000">lilac></font>
i think i'm not known as a lobang queen for nothing..
wahhahaha..
my neighbour is a part time cleaner..
but i've not let her cleaned my house before.. i dunno she good or not... u want to give her a try??
 
<font color="ff0000">lilac></font>
i just checked with my mum..$50 per trip....
cleaning the house and ironing etc.. but exclude cleaning the windows...
how many rooms u staying???
 
<font color="ff0000">Glamourmom Nursing Tanks></font>

Anymore takers?
happy.gif

check out www.glamourmom.com for the colors and sizes..

Prices on the website is in USD..
But i've secured a good price in SGD...
PM me for the price list..
happy.gif


We are doing a fast spree hence closing date for order is 4th oct, Sunday, 10pm.

ONE more day left!!
happy.gif


Free Normal Local postage included.

Expected Arrival is: 3-4 weeks via Vpost.
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
supplier got back liaoz..:p

Sms u the price as well... wooohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i'm considering too..wahahahhahaha....
looks very comfy hor....... hahahaha....

those who are interested in
- Sleepwear Nursing Bra Nightgown (USD49)
- Nursing Bra Slip Dress (USD44)

can PM me again for the new additions in the price list... only if u are really interested in the above 2 la...dun wanan send for nothing...
hehehe....

I very free today... but i very busy tmr....
so... hor....

i wont be able to send anyone the price list tmr... ehhehe...coz tmr is my bb shower.. hehehehe.. maybe i ask supplier for extension to Monday...so that if there's any one asking for it tmr, i can still send to them....

or anyone wanna help me access my email and send them price list? hahaha.. :p
 
Flamourmum

Anyone who bot the nursing bra tank / top can advise?

1) What's the diff b/w the tank &amp; the top?

2) And is the clasp the same as the type on the Emma Jane nursing bras? Like a hook when u hook up the bra after u're done?

3) How does the opening look like? The one strap kind like Emma Jane bra, or those fabric with a hole for the nipple to poke thru?

4) And how is the support compared to an Emma Jane nursing bra?
 
Rach,the weight to milk capacity table is on similac neosure tin and pd also cfm that it goes according to wt. See, if my 1 wk bb is only 2.5kg,it can't be drinking the same amt of milk as a bb who is 4kg.
 
flower4,
maybe u're right but my gial only 9 days old.
happy.gif
anyway i just came back from check up. baby ok le...

Step,
I see... where u bought it? nursing tea and goat's rue reli helps?
 
Tks shell for the advice.
Step, where did you get the lactation consultant from? What are her charges like? My boy always fall asleep while direct feed. Sometimes I really do not know that if he is full. Tried to wake him up but could not. Sometimes, when i put him back to cot he cried for milk again. Any advice?
 
Corinne,
my girl is exactly like your boy. I think they not full so now most of the time i pump out to feed her. reli dont know what to do and what i can think of is ebm to feed her.
 
<font color="ff0000">jul></font>
U meant Glamourmom??
Tanks can be worn on its own or below a top...
Tops are are meant for innerwear..due to the material of the strap.. its more like bra strap material..

the website got show close up view of the clasp leh.. i dunno wat emma jane ones looks like..
the opening is a hole for nipple to poke through...

hehee.. dunno abt Emma Jane's support.. maybe Shelled can help with that??
hehe..

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
yes i understand what u mean.. but the FM on my Friso Gold doesnt have weight tables... only weeks.. hehe...
and what u said makes sense..thats why nurse told me..mine is a big baby, so need to drink more..
3.76kg loh.. >.<"
 
My wrists hurt, >.<

I think I'd have to surrender to a sling to put her in... I can't possibly carry her all the time... I need my wrists to be strong for when I go back to work!!!

Pupsik/Sling... Which is better? Pupsik has up till a limited size no? And Sling can be used for long according to maximum weight yes?
 
<font color="ff0000">Pam></font>
Pupsik can be used to 20kg..thre's no adjustable strap..so no need to bother with pulling and all that...
there's size according to YOUR weight.. U can use S or M i suppose... I bought a L size...
its the length of the strap according to my weight so i can carry the baby inside.

<font color="ff0000">Casandra></font>
replied u liaoz....

I'm going to nap now........ will be back in an hour or 2 time............ :p
 
shelled,

my tummy has always been abit flabby one.. Lucky me, I have no stretch marks nor do I think it is any flabbier.. Still as usual... slightly flabby... haha... But I seriously think the binder helps.. As I wear it quite tight then.. Haiz.. but god is fair one.. Though no stretch marks and not much diff from pre-preg.. I must say I have alot of pigmentation!! My friend commented that my tummy looks really dark.. I not only have the pregnant line , my tummy area and armpits also very dark.. I'm just hoping that in the months to come, the pigmentation will fade away.My tummy and underarms looks as if I have not bathe for months lor.. very unsightly.. Anyone has any solutions for this?
 
Gina

Congrats. I just got induced yesterday at 3pm. Then I went out for dinner and admitted only at 11.30pm. Had contractions since 6am. At 7am, the contractions were 4min apart but not dilated enough. So the doc placed another tablet. Now still waiting. I went to the toilet earlier. Had a slight tinge of blood. But I don't think it's the mucus plug, cos if it is, it's supposed to be quite a bit of blood, right? So now I'm still waiting...
 
<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
Thanks!! Tmr then confirm my order. I still wondering if I shld buy more nightgown boh... Machiam like a lot liao leh.


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
1) The difference between Nursing Tank and Nursing TOP: https://www.glamourmom.com/store/shopcontent.asp?type=howitworks

2) Nursing Top would have the same kind of clasp as Emma Jane nursing bra (and most other nursing bras).

3) The opening is a circular "hole". Same like how the drawing shows in the link above.

4) Support is even better than Emma Jane nursing bra! I'd know cos I also have Emma Jane nursing bra mah. The stretchy bra band for the Glamourmom actually provides more support lor. Similar to Bravado ONB like that.

Hope this helps!!
But why you keep refering to Emma Jane bras huh? You bought from ParentCraft is it?? I bought mine from ParentCraft also.
lol.gif



<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
All slings/pouches/carriers have weight limit. So if you want more mileage out of any of them, you should check the max weight. But like all things, you'll only know if it works for you after you use it for a while.
I love using pouches, but I have mommy friends who hate them to the core.


<font color="ff0099">enxuan</font>
I seriously think binder helps as well, cos I refused to wear it when I had #1 cos if the itchy and heat. But this time round I wore it 24/7 and my tummy shrank ALOT faster!
I think there are creams/lotions that help with reducing the pigmentation, but not too sure which of them are okay to use during BF. I have linea nigra during both pregs too, and they fade off in the following mths after birth. But mine not really very dark, so I'm not too sure if the very dark ones will totally fade off or will always have a faint line for the rest of our lives.
I just know that the super tons of stretchmarks on my tummy will only partially fade off and then remain on me for the rest of my life... I even have tiny stretchmarks around my areola thanks to excessive engorgement when I had #1. Those aren't going away either.
sad.gif
 
got my boy's hair shaved today... then use some breastmilk to wash his head, hopefully his hair will grow nicely

sandwich:
wah, salute u. i carry my 15-month old girl on bus already half dead as she can't sit still. can't imagine together with my newborn...
 
hi mommies,

got some questions... Hope the experienced mommies here can help.

1. Is it ok to feed ebm via bottle fully? My baby is refusing to nurse the past 2 days.
2. Will expressing milk decrease milk production in the long run?
3. How often must i express milk if i am not latching?
4.I am getting blocked ducts quite often. My baby doesn't want to nurse. Will the ?blocked ducts eventually go away?
 
New MTB,
My gynae break my waterbag when I admit to induce. Thought this method is faster than the tablets.
WAterbag breaks at 12+ and bb born at around 3.

Stephanie,
sorry, wat is my best friend pillow?
Just lie the bb flat n she will be able to clear the duct? hmm.

Corrine,
Try lying down with the baby at your side. Latch him n he will let go the nipple once fall asleep. I usually do this cos at night she make a lot of noise. Only to get some rest when letting her latch lying down.
 
Hi lxlb,

u can feed bb with bottles but eventually, she will refuse to latch on. Milk supply will reduce.
Last time, I only latch my son on one side and pump the other side cos he is a slow drinker. I notice my milk supply maintain when I use this method. YOu must ensure the breast is empty everytime u express, else will reduce.

now I have problem pumping it out n the ulut lady tell me to massage my breast with warm tower. It really help. I try express for 5 min, only get less than 10 ml. After I massage, it increase to 3 ouce.

expressing is usually 3 hrs and gradually increase the gap. Must be persistent else supply will drop.

Not sure how is block duct look like. Anyone can advise?
 

Waiwai,

Why need to use breastmilk to wash bb's head after shaving hair? Cow milk can or not? Breastmilk very precious leh. I'm like still struggling to get enough.

Shelled,
Aiyah.. I'm not using any cream/lotion for marks or pigmentation as yet. Cause now confinement and cream makes me feel sticky.. So will only use after confinement. My breast does have stretch marks.. I think they expanded quite alot. But am not going to use stretch mark cream on breast. Afraid bb might accidentally eat it! Will just ignore them la.

Increasing BM:
I realise a way of increasing breastmilk already. Normally I use a handpump and can pump out around 60 to 90ml after bb feed. But yesterday, my maid poured away my EBM in the fridge.. so end up no more milk. So for yesterday, I latch bb on, then followed by hand pumping ... (not much, only yield around 50ml, struggle for damn long, manage to get out 70ml.) then time to feed bb again. So no rest at all! Then after 3 rounnds, I manage to get a quality rest from 3am till 9am this morning. Then I latch bb on in the morning, and then followed by pumping again.. Wah! I can expressed out around 100ml.. After lunch I pump again (this time, without latching bb on first), I got around 130ml I think emptying milk in breast is impt. for increasing milk supply. So maybe whenever i feel my supply decreasing, just try to empty the breast.

As normally, I find that no matter how long/ how hard I pump, there's always the next drop of milk...

Re: Electric Pumps
I currently have a evenflo electric pump which I find too strong for my nipples to take it even when I switch the strength to the lowest already. So I prefer using the handpump which is much gentler on my nipples. Any reccomendation on other brand of electric pumps which can get a good yield yet be gentle on the nipples?

thanks!!!
 

Back
Top