(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Waiwai,

Why need to use breastmilk to wash bb's head after shaving hair? Cow milk can or not? Breastmilk very precious leh. I'm like still struggling to get enough.

Shelled,
Aiyah.. I'm not using any cream/lotion for marks or pigmentation as yet. Cause now confinement and cream makes me feel sticky.. So will only use after confinement. My breast does have stretch marks.. I think they expanded quite alot. But am not going to use stretch mark cream on breast. Afraid bb might accidentally eat it! Will just ignore them la.

Increasing BM:
I realise a way of increasing breastmilk already. Normally I use a handpump and can pump out around 60 to 90ml after bb feed. But yesterday, my maid poured away my EBM in the fridge.. so end up no more milk. So for yesterday, I latch bb on, then followed by hand pumping ... (not much, only yield around 50ml, struggle for damn long, manage to get out 70ml.) then time to feed bb again. So no rest at all! Then after 3 rounnds, I manage to get a quality rest from 3am till 9am this morning. Then I latch bb on in the morning, and then followed by pumping again.. Wah! I can expressed out around 100ml.. After lunch I pump again (this time, without latching bb on first), I got around 130ml I think emptying milk in breast is impt. for increasing milk supply. So maybe whenever i feel my supply decreasing, just try to empty the breast.

As normally, I find that no matter how long/ how hard I pump, there's always the next drop of milk...

Re: Electric Pumps
I currently have a evenflo electric pump which I find too strong for my nipples to take it even when I switch the strength to the lowest already. So I prefer using the handpump which is much gentler on my nipples. Any reccomendation on other brand of electric pumps which can get a good yield yet be gentle on the nipples?

thanks!!!

<font color="ff0000">Connie></font>
can you PM me?? i dun have ur email to email u leh. ;)

<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
i noticed a little strechmarks on my breasts too..dunno is good that my boob have got bigger...or sad that it'll shrink back after BF..
ahhaha...

<font color="ff0000">enxuan></font>
not sure what brand is not so strong coz never used evenflo before leh...
i'm using Medela now..it has 9 different strenght to choose from... i usually use level 2-4 only...good enough for me to yield 100ml in 15min on both breasts..
happy.gif

i think i'm getting the long tanks as well.. hehehe...seems to be better for bigger hips people like myself....

the nursing tanks abit like short leh... only till waist level longer a few inch nia...

Shelled,

The pupsik pouch is the same price as stated on the site at TMC? I will get it on Monday... Sunday they are closed.. right?

If you're talking about stretch,arks on your boobs... I have bruises man.. I just saw them when I was in the bathroom... >.<

Bbq,

They are sold here:

Maternity Exchange™
6, Raffles Boulevard
#03-108, Marina Square
Tel: 6100 3924

Baby Meadows / Brise de Joie
112 East Coast Road
#B1-20/21/22/23 Katong Mall
Singapore 428802
Tel: +6564400155

Parents Craft
Thomson Medical Centre
Tel: 63564291

Little Polka Dots
5, Raffles place,
Raffles Xchange B1-71
Tel: 65364682

Mothercare (HarbourFront Centre)
1 Maritime Square #03-07
Singapore 099253
Tel: 6513 3243 / 6513 3245

Mothercare (Centrepoint)
176 Orchard Rd #01-34/39
Singapore 238843
Tel: 6513 3218 / 6513 3219

Mothercare (Parkway Parade)
80 Marine Parade Rd #02-34B
Singapore 449269
Tel: 6513 3216

Mothercare (Causeway Point)
1 Woodlands Square #03-14/15
Singapore 738099
Tel: 6513 3210

Mothercare (KK Women's &amp; Children's Hospital)
100 Bukit Timah Rd #01-11/12/13
Singapore 229899
Tel: 6513 3208

Mothercare (Plaza Singapura)
68 Orchard Rd #03-08
Singapore 238839
Tel: 6513 3213

Mothercare (Vivo City)
1 HarbourFront Walk #02-79
Singapore 098585
Tel: 6513 3228

Mothercare (Metro Paragon Consignment Counter)
Metro Paragon 290 Orchard Rd Level 4
Singapore 238859
Tel: 6513 3283

Mothercare (Tampines Mall)
4 Tampines Central 5 #03-04/05
Singapore 529510
Tel: 6513 3241

BBQ,

Np, I'm bored.. And tired!!! She kept my HB up all night and I was semi awake... 12-7am... Had to latch her on, then she fell asleep. Must have the "mothers touch" I suppose...

I just finished pumping and I think I'll have to catch a few Z's and regenerate some energy for the "war" tonight.

You can surf that site and watch the videos to keep you entertained. =)

- Knocks Out -

thanks, shelled n rach.

i wonder if the nursing tank clasp is difficult to undo/do with one hand? as it is, i struggle with my nursing bra clasp liao
sad.gif

shelled

i dunno if the hole for nipple to poke thru is good. i find that i prefer the emma jane type where more of the breast shows thru, seems easier to manage. or masybe i'm just clumsy?

spot on! i bot emma jane bras from parentcraft hee

Connie

I wasn't dilated at all yesterday. So the doc no choice gotta put a tablet. At 7am this morning, I was only slightly dilated. So she inserted another tablet. sigh. I'm prob the last Sep mom to pop. I cross over to Oct liao.
sad.gif

Mamijoan> i emailed u liaoz.. but its sent to ur office email..coz thats what ur PM function is set to..
happy.gif

I got a pupsik pouch to sell!!
I just took out to try and thinking to use tmr...
but its too small!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got an L size..... i think i need to get XL...
i put my gal in and she was so squashed and she was crying nonstop till i took her out! faint....

PupSik Pouch!
Wait a minute those who are interested.. i get my supplier to see if she can get it and give us a better price!! hehehee....

stephanie, lilac, waiwai and mamato6Js,
no choice, was forced by circumstances. i really hope that the next time i fetch my boy from school, i'll be able to get a cab easily!

pamelia,
like shelled, i have both the pupsik pouch and MIM sling. i think my boys are equally snug inside both the sling and pouch. here's some differences about both of them ...

MIM sling
- used it for baby #1 from 1 month old till 1 year old plus
- offers good coverage for discreet breastfeeding in public because you can just use the extra cloth to cover up when you need to nurse
- adjustable so my mum and husband could use it to carry the baby too (they're not a big fan of my sling though but there's always the option for them to use it)

pupsik
- used it for baby #2 from birth onwards
- a lot less cloth --> not so cumbersome to fold into my diaper bag
- no rings to fumble with
- more chic looking than the MIM sling
- difficult to breastfeed discreetly

new mtb,
I was dilated by 3cm when I went for induced.
But the gynae told me he will break the waterbag without knowing whether I'm dilated or not.

lxlb:
i pumped exclusively for my #1 after i returned to work, because she stayed with my PIL on weekdays. eventually she refused to latch as she preferred bottles.

i expressed at 4 hours interval (including midnight) to maintain the supply. i used medela PIS which is strong enough to remove my blocked duct after a few pumping sessions.

maybe u can try other latching position to see whether your baby prefers other position?

Enxuan:
my boy had yellow discharge in his eyes during the first week, i used breastmilk to clean his eyes and he recovered very fast. so i thought using BM to wash his head may help his hair to grow haha. not use a lot lah, mix with water then wash, then rinse with water.

Rach

You really got lots of lobang. I am keen to buy the pouch - then I will wait to see if can get lobang from you.

Wai wai, you mean bm will help? My babies have yellow discharge too and I don't know what to do with it. I will try using my precious bm to wipe :p

May I check with those experienced mums - how do you clean bb car seat? Just vaccum or use wet clothe wipe or spray with water and let it dry under the sun?

Storage of EBM
1. Will store the exact volume or full? means the volume that your baby drink each time.

2. if at 2 pm got extra 20ml. can i mix it with 4pm 20ml?

Hi Jenifur, can help me update my gal's birth details as follows:

ADD: 20/09/2009
EDD: 19/09/2009
Weight: 3.365kg
Length: 48cm
Method: Induced w epi + vacumm
BB's Name: Athena

<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
i tot the pouch is easier to BF since u can just remove the cloth between u and baby and then feed?? no??
but mine is sooooooooo tight. i think i got the wrong size man... its difficult to squeeze in my girl too...and she was like squashed inside.. wahahha.

please check ur email...
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
okok..wait for my supplier to get back first...
but i need to get rid of my L size first! its simply too small for me..
and i have not even used it before... i was trying out just now so that i can bring to bb shower tmr..
but man..so small how to use?
ahhaha....
i need to sell away...

any one keen on a Pupsik Pouch L size? fairground color. sell at $42 la... retail is $45.90.

my CL used my BM to clean bb eyes too...when she need to bathe her in the morning,
she'll turn to me and say.."give me some BM.."
then i just squeeze a few drops onto the wash cloth..and she use it to wipe her eyes....

<font color="ff0000">Sarah></font>
its better to store the amount ur baby is drinking together..
so if ur baby drinks 60ml, then u combine all the pump session's milk together to form 60ml, the rest store in another bottle..
then the 1st 60ml bring to keep in freezer, if u have alot of bottles in storage la..
if ur bb will finish that 60ml in the next 48 hours, no need to keep in freezer.. coz u can keep in fridge for 48 hours..

then ur remaining 20ml, wait for new "friends" to come join it after ur next pumping session then u combine and form another 60ml..then either keep in fridge or freezer..
happy.gif

same theory. U need to let 4pm chill to same temperature as 2pm then u mix them together.
So at 5pm, u can pour both together.
The idea of mixing is to always mix only at the same temperature.
happy.gif

Dear Mummies

I have a Medela Swing Breast Pump to let go at $300
Bought at $368 on 1st October 09 at Mums &amp; Babes
Very new in box, under-utilized and under warranty.

This set will come with a New Membrane, Black Cooler Bag with Cooling Element &amp; 4 breastmilk bottles with lids.
Able to store breastmilk for 8 to 10 hours.
Capable to operate either by electric or battery.
Silent and Highly recommend.

Selling because of no milk supply 2 days later after purchase
sad.gif
therefore stop breastfeeding, sigh......
Interested please contact me at at [email protected] or 9618 0897.

Pick up location at Simei (East) as I am still doing my confinement.

Many Thanks.
3060935.jpg

rach,
thats what i do but was thinking waste abit of space and need alot of storage container. if pump out 100ml can i jus leave it inside the fridge, later when i wanna feed then pour out 60ml?

then remaining 40ml will mix with another session. which timing should i indicate? earlier or new timing?

Hi Jenifur, can help me update my boy's birth details as follows:

ADD: 05/10/2009
EDD: 30/09/2009
Weight: 4.310kg
Length: 53cm
Method: Induced w/o epi + vacumm
BB's Name: Farrell

cindy,
wow! ur baby is big. Pei fu that u still can natural birth. congrats!
I dont think Ling/Jen is doing updating le... all mommies here very busy.

thanks waiwai and connie!

I normally pump about 190-200ml total. but my right breast is really horribly painful cos i'll get these blocked ducts in varying sizes... I rub and rub until super painful. I wonder if this will continue for as long as i'm breastfeeding.

rachel,
both sling and pouch allows for breastfeeding lah, but the difference is that the MIM sling allows for more discreet breastfeeding in public, since there's extra cloth to cover the mummy. the pupsik pouch is actually supposed to be very snug for both you and baby. i think you can buy an XL but you shouldn't sell your L first, just in case you lose a lot of weight over the next few weeks because of breastfeeding ... then maybe you and your baby may be able to fit in size L well, heheee.

cindy,
your baby is so heavy at birth! wow, and you gave birth to him w/out epi! must have been a pretty tough labour for you.

lilac,
forgot to ask ... how are you coping with your premmie boy back home? he's doing well now? didn't see jenifur on the forum nowadays. dunno if she's coping well with her premmie too.

<font color="aa00aa">Sarah</font> - You can get Motherlove Goat's Rue from Vitakids, nursing tea I bought online one... If u want to buy Goat's Rue, I got extra... Can sell to you at cost price... I kiasu bought a lot... lol think can last me 1 year man.. hahah

<font color="aa00aa">Connie</font> - I went to TMC Parentcraft. About 40-45mins is about $40 before GST. If u want to know more, PM me then I go find their card and give u their number... By the way, which hospital you delivered ur baby at cause think Mt A also have parentcraft?

My BrestFriend is the brand/name of it... http://www.mybrestfriend.com/

i went to the hospital at 6am for induce, waterbag broke at 830am and my pain came at 11am, was on gas and finally gave in to injection at the buttocks. Had very very hard push for 2 hours and finally baby pop at 1608. So, my labour is est. about 9 hrs? But i was quite sad about the vaccumn. his head is quite long and we have been doing the head massage for him.

Hi Connie,

Ya I have been using the lying down position.But it's really tiring. Will just fall asleep with bb sometimes.
My bb seems aggitated sometimes when direct latch. I guess it may be because it is more difficult to suckle compare to bottle feed. However, I want to endure and have more direct feed before i go back to work. Hopefully by then supply will increase.

Some of you mentioned that we should pump after each feed. However, my bb will usually wake up one hour later for another feed. If I pump out, will I have sufficient milk when my bb wake up for more later?

REVIEW on www.babyfirstmonth.com

Just had my baby one month old celebration this afternoon, i think a few of you were asking me to give you a review on this caterer, babyfirstmonth.com, well, here's the review:

Guest came at 12 noon, but the food came LATE, was not even set up yet! driver only came at 12, food set up only around 12:30pm. Was quite irritated!

I paid extra for the chilli prawn with mantou(signature dish)and they didn't even bring me the MANTOU! my hubby called them and the stupid person on the phone said that the chef said this dish doesn't come with mantou (when its clearly stated on their website and receipt!) DUH! Anywa, we demanded for mantou.

Drinks where not very cold, so ask them to bring ice together with the mantou.

Ice and Mantou only arrived 1.5hours lateR!!! *faint*

We were also not given any bowls for the laksa (which my guest really liked), so my guest had to use the bowls for dessert for the laksa. When the guys arrived with the mantou and ice, I asked for more bowls and they just replied "sorry no more bowls, its for dessert, so far our customer uses plate for laksa" *WHAT the ~@@#$$%*
HOW TO USE PLATE FOR LAKSA!!!

I was telling my guest that their signature dishes are prawn, tofu and fish, then they were like but there was no tofu!! Then i went to see and really there wasn't any tofu!! I was SUPER PISSED!

Went back to see the menu and they didn't include the tofu, which was suppose to be in the menu!!

HOW UNPROFESSIONAL!!

I paid $13.80/pax leh!!!! and they give me this kind of service and OWE me one dish!

ARGHH!!! The only good thing is that they are environmentally friendly as they uses cornware, no plastic or styrofoam wares.

*am feeling ultra frustrated now*

hi mummies,

i have an unopened tin of mamex step 1 1.5kg tin expiring feb 2011 for sale @ $53, self collect buangkok mrt. selling as my son is changing to step 2. interested pm me, tks.

<font color="aa00aa">Sarah</font> - what brand of nursing tea u have? u can check the contents... nor,ally nursing tea should be okie to take one mah...

hi mummies,
FYI.. i got some BN n opened pkts of NUK silicone teats(0-6mths)-all size--suitable for slim bottles to let go...

3061576.jpg
--$18--

Drop mi PM if u r keen....

<font color="ff0000">Sarah></font>
yes u can...
but the next 40ml u need to finish from the time the 100ml was pumped out..
Supposed u pump 100ml at 2pm on Monday, u need to ensure the whole 100ml is finished by Wed 2pm.
Once u mix in new one into the remaining 40ml, the whole new 60ml has to be finished by Wed 2pm.
So its the older timing.

<font color="ff0000">cindy></font>
wah!!!! congrats! u've got a big baby! how did u get that done without epi??
peifu!!!
happy.gif

i believe ur stitches must be bery long...
mine is all the way to anus.... it tore after the cut...... :'(

hey...pls stop the massage...we were told at the parent craft session not to touch the head...
it'll go away after a few days/weeks...leave it alone and dun massage it!!!!!

hehe...so we had the same labor....
but mine was even longer..
coz after my water bag was broken by doc at 8.37am, regular contractions didnt happen at all....
so from 8am - 1pm, i remained at 3cm dilated..and irregular contractions, and was put on drip at 1:40pm..
my contractions started only after the drip...and i dong till 6:15pm before the jab on thigh (pethidine) was given..
but from then on, i dilated to 8cm in half an hour.. by 7plus i was crowning.. but doc next door delivering another baby..
so i crowned till about 8pm then doc came over..
delivered at 2011hrs.. hehe..
my girl is 3760g.. so i had a big tear too.. :'(
Finally after 25 days, my stitches arent that painful anymore.. i think 90% healed already.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
errr...the L really pretty small and short to begin with leh..
haahaha...its like hanging just at my breast...
hahaha..it should be longer like below my breast ard belly button area??

<font color="ff0000">PUPSIK POUCH></font>
haahahhaa...lobang queen is here...
supplier gotten back with a GOOD price..
those interested PM me for the price...
but we ned MOQ 24 pcs....
are we able to get that quantity??? :p

i'm still waiting for ur reply...
i cant find ur orders on the website.. i dunno which tank or top u are referring to..
and there's no navy color for the long that u want..
which long are u referring to??

<font color="ff0000">Glamourmom Nursing Tanks></font>

www.glamourmom.com

We'll prob extend a few days to Tuesday to accomodate more people..

so those who still wanna order, please PM me for the price list...

I'm out on Sunday for my bb shower.
Will check all mails on Sunday nite (if i'm still energetic after a long day..)
Else i'll respond to all PMs on Monday morning..
happy.gif

you'll still have time to get back by tue.
But those interested can browse the website for colors and designs and size first..
happy.gif

Good nite mummies..
happy.gif

OMG I am so blardy tired. Thanks Rach for answering the questions on my behalf.
happy.gif

If I disappear next week, pls sms me hor. Damn shag this week sia. Then wkend by right can nua at home and rest, but cos of mid autumn festival, had to waste my time sitting around for some gathering thingy with family friends. Yearly tradition since I was 4 or something, so cannot zhao one lor.
sad.gif

Blardy frustrating when some of them ask me if I'm already pregnant with #3. They think I am really mother sow siboh?! I very fat meh?!?!
angry.gif

You all see the pic my friends took of me during K's full mth and tell me if I really still look very pregnant or not: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shelly/3924814931/
(I know my face look damn stupid in the pic. But that's cos we were taking stupid photos of everyone, and I wasn't spared.)

Tummy really so big until ppl think I so fast having #3 liao meh!?!?
sad.gif
I so wanna bang wall liao lah!

Rach,

Sms me how much is the pupsik pouch.. And by when can we get it? If too long I can't wait... >.<my>.<

Shelled,

You look fit! I swear! Those people thinking you're having #3 are crazy.

shelled

U do NOT look preggie lor! U really do NOT!

Sling

Yest went out the first time to shop with Sam. So stressed haha.

Bot a MIM sling. Hope I can figure out how it works. Looks complicated
sad.gif

Sam at 4 days :
3062094.jpg

At 29 days :
3062095.jpg

Haven't uploaded his more recent photos yet. But actually I seldom take photos of him. Too depressed during the first 5 weeks. Now too busy!

<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
Why the 4 days old photo so dark one??
I also seldom take photos for my boys. So whenever I do, I machiam snapping away for revenge, within 15mins I can snap over 60 photos.
rofl.gif

I feel like a bumbling idiot with MIM slings lah. Which is why I stick to pouches. I keep feeling like my baby is going to drop out of the MIM sling.

Did you shave Sam's hair off? Cos I think he had more hair when you brought him to come visit me at my hosp ward leh.

<font color="ff0099">Katherine</font>
You are damn ji siao lor!

<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
Not fit lah! Tummy is nua nua like tofu jelly!! And cos my period is back, I bloat so badly cos of it lah. It feels so strange to have menstrual-induced bloating again.

Back