(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


Katherine,
sorry did not take any photo cos the salesgal was standing there looking at us.. anyway it's NOT S$6. It's $16.90 for beadsprout husk and $19.90 for wheat husk from korea. And i think not worth it also. The cloth design not cute enuff.

anyway the shop is at Clifford Centre level 1 near coffee stall. It's towards the end of Clifford Centre. The shop sells other baby stuff too. U might want to check it out when u are in the area.
 
JUL
dun worry abt pooing cos the midwife sure ask us to do enema to clear our poo when we reach labour ward. once i told the nurse that i already pooed a lot before i came and that i didnt think i had much time left, they still insisted to insert the enema again! gosh i think they v freak out mtbs poo during process!

Ling
u so thoughtful to list out the female gynaes for Flower. no news from her, hope she manage to get an appt
 
wow.. tt's the market price lo i think.. ok.. then i'll guai guai use back my gal's old one.. cloudme.. gd tt u have the husk then u cn do urself ley.. can select own material also.. so nice.. i dun know where to get the husk from if not i'll wanna do myself too..

thks milkway n huishan for updating
happy.gif
 
$16 for beansprout pillow already very decent liao. Usually is $19.90 or somewhere there. When I had #1, some of my friends who didn't have a lot of budget just buy beansprout pillow as bb's present. So my #1 got 2 pillows. Then the pillowcase I bought cloth and ask my MIL to sew 5. Use until now.
 
hi katherine
can ask from wet market vege stall that sells beansprout. My sis went to shengsiong to ask, which she got cleaner husk compared to last time my mum asked from wet-market. =)
 
Jess.. ask and they will give meh? or must pay $$? hmmmm.. maybe i asked my MIL to help me ask.. haha i pei sey to ask :p

oh.. i just remm my gal got two also! one big one small.. hmmm but it's 2 yrs plus ago one.. dun know if still gd to use for my boy?
 
shelled

Haha $4 is not so bad, compared to others lah. But trying to save some money mah hehe. Need to scarpe together cash for reno leh.

jess, berrypie

I also heard many good comments abt Dr Woody. But bobian leh, I can't accept male gynae *hiaz*

katherine

Har? So little only? I ordered 6 pants, 6 shorts, 8 pairs mittens, and 3 hats (but the hats got left out of the order). I also ordered 2 packs of waterproof mats & 2 fitted waterproof matt proetctors lor.
 
mamato6

I tot enema is not compulsory one? U mean they will MAKE u do it meh?

shelled

U have 5 beansprout pillows? Need so many???
 
hi all,

anyone going to use Medela Mini Electric breast pump for BF?

Would like to hear your comment.

For beansprout pillow, for those who live at jurong area, i think boon lay shopping is selling but not sure how much will it be but dun think will be $15.
 
Portable Baby Chair Harness>

Anyone interested?? My colleague has lobang.

Portable Baby Chair Harness

Features
Secure your baby, quickly and safely with this new and easy to use harness. The revolutionary Australian design makes Baboz™ simple to use.
Baboz™ comes in both a luxurious denim or a durable polyester/cotton mix fabric and are fully machine washable.
Available in a deluxe denim (gold embroidery), navy blue or a hot pink. Each set comes complete with their own embroidered Baboz™ trademark logo.
Description
Baboz™ is a convenient way to seat your baby when travelling, in restaurants or simply visiting friends. Often restaurants do not have any (or insufficient) suitable seating facilities for small children, as such we were previously prevented from eating out. This product is ideal for seating your baby safely in any chair.
Each Baboz™ comes with its own matching embroidered draw-string bag and folds away to fit in any handbag or pocket. The convenience of packing a Baboz™ into our pocket wherever we go - enables us to leave the house with our children at the drop of a hat. Whether we are visiting friends, going to a cafe, or even attending a barbeque.

Fitting Instructions
This traveling highchair harness can be used anywhere and takes only minutes to set up.
* Simply place the harness hood over the back of any chair (firstly check that the chair is stable), and tighten the cord to secure.
* Fasten the built-in straps both under your baby's arms and over its shoulders, in a bow at the back of the harness (using the belt straps) - enabling you to remain hands free in the assurance that your baby is safely and comfortably seated.
Industry Approved
Approved by The National Health and Safety Council (Australia), Baboz™ is suitable for children aged 6 months to 30 months.
"NHSC Accreditation was awarded as a properly fitted Baboz™ portable chair harness can assist in reducing the risk of falls when infants are temporarily seated on standard kitchen/dining chairs - at restaurants and cafes, picnics and BBQ's, etc. (i.e. where high chairs or other permanent restraints may not be available). This is relevant as the most common cause of child falls from chairs is related to the child being unrestrained or improperly restrained. As always, parents must ensure that fitting instructions printed on the label are followed thoroughly, including use of the harness only under constant supervision of a competent adult, " says NHSC Accreditation Director, Dr Jamie Shepherd.

Price

Baboz™ Handy Baby Chair Harness - Polyester/cotton
Code: SCM100 - NAVY BLUE
Price: S$29.90
Code: SCM102 - HOT PINK
Price: S$29.90

Let me know if you are interested. Can get it at 35% discount now (GSS).

After discount is $19.50.

Please let me know fast. PM me..so i can fwd u the email. Need to order by today.
happy.gif


thanks!!
happy.gif
 
moojenn

I bot the Ameda Lactaline. But I heard the Medela mini electric is rather noisy. And it's a single pump so u may leak while one breast is pumping. But all these is other pple's comments - except the noisy part. I heard the motor, sounds like lawnmower haha.
 
Huishan,
ur fish oil looks delicious compared to mine.. and mine is more than double ur costs!! ok will go get that and try.. but seems like it's for kids. hehe
 
Jul
5 <u>pillowcase</u> lah! Pillows only got 2. You arh! Why would anyone need 5 pillows?!
lol.gif


You should have ordered the cribsheets from babymallonline also. The quality is better than Aussino cribsheets lor. Plus the design is nicer also.
 
hi mums, my dad got me a binder from bangkok n it worked for me so just wanted to share with all the mums n if anyone wants to order as well? he will be coming back at the end of this month with the binders.

pm me for details!

re:binder
its $35 for 1 binder, only one colour - nude colour with some design on it.. very thin material.

3 hooks and sizes S, M n L.

S - waist 23-28 inches
M - waist 29 - 35 inches
L - 35 inches onwards

the entire length of the binder:

S - 23 - 25 inches (from 1st hook to last hook)
M - 26 - 28 inches
L - 29 - 31 inches

2584299.jpg



2584300.jpg
 
moojenn

Bot from Motherhood Fair promo. $338nett for the pump with motor, 2 bottles etc (just the set lah). With added 2 glass 4oz bottles, some handsfree pumping kit (to hang the pump), a laundry bag, &amp; some breastshield thing, it's $399.
 
shelled

Oh! It's 5 pillowcase? Chey I tot got 5 pillows. I was thinking... I've seen Joshua before. His head is not THAT big what. Haha just kidding

Issit? I bot Aussino jersey cot sheets (think I have 4), in addition to 2 old &amp; 1 new bedsets. Think I dun buy anymore for now lah haha. Maybe next time.
 
JUL
i think its compulsory leh. cos they made me do for all my deliveries and so did all my frds. cos if u poo during process, v disgusting leh!!!
 
Hi gals,
Again got question to ask. I ever saw in this thread that someone recommended a good malay massage lady for confinement period who is good at massaging pregnant who c-sec. Can post the information again. I couldn't find it.
 
hi shelled
abt the crib sheet from babymallonline, the threadcount is higher? havnt bought any new bedsheets yet a bit blur on these =)
 
mamato6

Compulsory huh? Anyway I dun mind. I intend to do enema anyway. I dun wanna poo &amp; lie in my own filth, no doubt that they'll clean me up!
 
Moojenn

Mdm Khatijah did Malay Massage for me 2 wks after my c-sec. Her number is 9800 1394. Her latest rate is $450 for 7 daily sessions, includes traditional bengkung wrap and 1 free baby massage. She will provide the wrap and girdle.


Jess
Eh... They never mention threadcount on the packaging. I just checked against the new sets I bought for #2. They only mention 100% combed cotton. But hor, I chop guarantee confirm that the quality is better than Aussino.

Cos I use both BBmallonline &amp; Aussino sheets, then the Aussino one very easily will have pilling already! Then the material become rough rough because of the pilling. (Pilling = 起毛) The BBmallonline one, on the other hand, can withstand more scrubbing and washing without compromising the softness.

My personal experience lah. Cos I bought <u>ALL</u> the boy designs of cribsheets from BBmallonline already.
lol.gif
 
oh ya! i brought one cribsheet from babymall too hahaha.. yeah.. so quality better la.. ok so wont feel so guilty.. thks shelled for sharing
happy.gif


jul.. my one pack have 5 pcs ley so i have 5 rompers n 5 tops liao.. actually i dun need too much stuff but just wanna get something new for my boy if not all hand downs so poor things.. hehe
 
Katherine
Hahaha I also bought some new clothes for #2 cos i feel bad for making him wear all old clothes. At least must have some nice new ones for full month, and go out mah. The rest just wear at home.

What I really recommend from BBmallonline is their waterproof sheets. Very cheap compared to what you will find in the shops here. And it's fitted sheet some more, so won't run around when bb roll/kick around in bed.

I look around so many places in SG for fitted waterproof sheet for cot, cheapest also $30+. But BBmallonline is USD8.99 (i think), even after include shipping and exchange rate still cheaper than anything I can find here.
 
Moojenn
Yup, this time round I am geting her again. I already inform her of my EDD liao. Just have to call her after I give birth. Hopefully this time my VBAC will be successful and I can start having massage the day after I discharge from hospital.

BY the way, try to sms her your EDD and your name first. She won't pick up calls when she is attending to customer, so she will call you back later after she is done with giving massage.
happy.gif
 
katherine

Yeah I know what u mean. Babylet also got some old shorts &amp; tops to wear, but I did buy him some new clothes also so he's not so "poor thing".

Also b/c I lazy, dun wanna wash everyday, so I bot some to make up to 4-day supply. so I can alternate day wash &amp; not worry abt not drying hehe.

shelled

Huh? Aussino sheets pill? U mean the combed cotton ones or the jersey ones?

moojenn

U can go to the spree page. There's currently a babymallonline spree gog on.
 
shelled

Is she the one who doesn't do pre-natal massage? I tried one for pre-natal, din quite work out, so I'm still looking for someone.
 
shelled.. im tempted!! wanna buy from there!
just gotten the cot from my mum's hse yesterday, getting hubby to set it up soon so can buy new mattress this wkend!
aussino sent email that there is 40% discount on bb set.. i tink old design.. so was thinking to get from there initially..
haha... gotta look for spree from babymallonline!
 
shelled,
you mean you start having massage the day after you discharge even u c-sec? I was told can only start massage after removing of the stitch for c-sec.
 
jess

I "hiao" went to buy Aussino bedset. Coz I wanted a matching set mah haha. Got the yellow Winnie the Pooh one. I like Winnie the Pooh haha.
 
jul.. maybe i will be too! haha..
shopping spree~~

and yesterday just went to taka to buy 2 rattle grab toys for my bb.. lol
 
Michelle> hehee... can la.. up to u lo... a few of the mums here also rebond their hair...
hahahaa... i cant stand it anymore...
happy.gif


books say that there's very little if not no chemicals that'll be absorbed into the blood...
so... dun care loh...and already coming 3rd trim...safer le...
1st 3 months of coz dun try anything funny..
happy.gif


Yah..my HB talks to BB every nite before we sleep also..he'll spend abt 10-15min...talking and singing to BB..

If we are out during the day together, he'll also occasionally speak to my tummy, even in public..ask bb how is she doing..
whether she is doing her routine exercise... ask bb dun kick mummy too hard etc.. ahahha.. :p

Purpleclouds> ooh.. i didnt really notice who left early.. i didnt sign up for stemcord.. dun think its necessary..
hehehe.. :p

Katherine> got ah... u sms me la... i ask my HB to pass u the contacts for curtains??

Sheryn> haha..ya loh.. no chance to see le.. sigh...
oh ya...like very long no see girly liaoz... she ok or not???

Jul> think before that the doc will already check for cervix open or not le...
like prob towards the end... last few check ups maybe.. ahhaha.. :p

Kat> how come wake up in the morning V will sore de?? what u do at nite?? heheheh.. :p

Moojenn> heard from my coll Medela Mini electric not so good.. Medela Swing would be better..she has all praise for it..
it includes 2 min massage whenever u on it...so it'll help to stimulate milk before pumping out...

Another massage lady is Mdm Noor - 90048804
$50 for 2 hours i think....i forgot what i posted previously..
happy.gif


She dun have package, so just book her for as many times as u need.
happy.gif
 
Moojenn
When I had C-sec for my #1, she gave me massage 2 wks after i discharge from hospital. And AFTER i went back to gynae for checkup on my stitches. Everything ok then proceed with massage. But if giving birth naturally, you can start the day you discharge from hospital.

Jul
I tried both jersey and combed cotton from Aussino lor. Really not that good. Cos last time didn't know about bbmallonline, so only know how to go Aussino and buy sheets.

Mdm Khatijah actually does prenatal massage, but she is always very very booked for postnatal, so she usually won't be able to fit you in for prenatal. See if you wanna try the prenatal massage @ Compassvale or not lor. So far a few mommies have gone and came back quite happy.

Jess
You can join the sprees lor. There are always sprees for BBmallonline. I just ordered 1 whole shipment from BBmallonline by myself and filled up 1 whole batch by myself, that's why never jio you guys to join in. But if enough mommies are keen, I can open a spree for all of you? 1 batch is ard USD250, otherwise will kenna GST from Singapore Customs.
 
wah the thread move super fast..

Went to google for Portable Baby Chair Harness pics.. so cute! but don't know will get to use not.

Sorry ah, sua gu mummy here, babymallonline is based in USA or ???
 
jess

I've managed not to buy any toys. I have been buying toiletries, sundries, clothes etc - so-called necessities. Toys I leave for BB to give as gifts lor haha.

rach

No leh, they will check when u r in the delivry ward also. Else they wunno when u can start to push.

shelled

Huh.. U make me very
sad.gif
liao

Oh I have tried the pre-natal at COmpassvale Massage. I liked it. But I wanted to try the post-natal to make sure I'm comf with the lady. Coz the previous one, I tried her, intending to book for post-natal. But we cannot click leh.
 
shelled,

Saw your post u wana do malay massage the day after u discharge, or rather soon after you discharge. Let me share my near death experience 2 years ago...

I had natural birth and started my malay massage around 3-4 days after discharge. When I told the massage lady I wana start only after my bb discharge fm hospital for jaundice, she even commented "so late huh"...

I usually like massage wif some strength, and since I did not have massage for the entire preg, I told her to give ma a good massage.

I did the massage on alternate days, and skip a few days after 3rd or 4th session. During this time, my bleeding increased. I tot is the so call "dirty blood" discharging, so I ignored.

One morning, I sat on the toilet bowl, the bleeding did not stop. I flushed several times, but I see the toilet bowl turning into red sea, and I was simply dripping. I rushed to hospital A@E and the ultra scan found a tear in my uterus.

My gynea gave me a jab to stop the bleeding and scolded me. Apparently she does not believe in such massage and ask me wat gd does it do to me. I said remove toxic, and she rebutted "What toxic".

I was well after the jab, and gynea gave me some medication. When I reached home, the bleeding started. I laid on bed, soaking my pants wif blood, top cover wif towel was soaked too. I almost wanted to call for ambulance, but gynea assured me that bleeding will stop 1 hr after I take my medication. Indeed, it stopped. But I lost a lot of blood during this incident.

The massage lady was recommended by my cousin, and her other friends also use her. Basically, I must say I was unlucky and I started the massage too soon.

Juz wana share my experience and advise all mummies not to start massage too soon.
 
Jul
AIyah, then like that I also cannot help you liao. I bought about USD100 worth of stuff from BBmallonline, not exactly 1 batch lah. But after I add in my stuff, cannot really add in much for you guys lor. So I didn't ask around.
biggrin.gif
Paiseh arh.


Wifey
OMG that is very scary indeed! Does it have anything to do with the massage technique at all? Cos Mdm Khatijah was recommended to me by mommies who have used her before, and *touch wood* nothing happened to any of us lah. All of us started the massage as early as possible, because that's what ppl usually do mah. I had no idea this kind of thing can happen! Now I very scared to do postnatal massage liao lor...
sad.gif
 
Huishan
If you all want then i open lor. Cos I don't think jenifur will be free to open another spree?

I won't have anything else to order cos I ordered everything I need already. So wanna make sure got enough orders before I open.

Pls put your names if you are interested in BBmallonline spree!

1) Jess
2) Huishan
 

*jess*
The BBmallonline clothes are quite soft and i like it.

*shelled*
You bought more than USD250 from BBmallonline!!!!! woah seh.. power leh you... hahahahaa... if you open spree from BBmallonline or Jenifur open again, do update me too okay... see whether i like anything or not.. hehehe... :)

*katherine*
At least you have hands-me-down... i don't have any loh.. and i don't buy that much cos really never see anything i like.... sob sob... think my son gonna be naked often liao... hahahahaa

*sheryn*
Yup, quite cheap leh. Haha.. i realise alot of our hubby will pay the most attention when buying the stroller.. must be good lah, nice color, not ugly lah.... hahahaa.. my hb also loh... really like buying a miniature 'car'...... wahahahaha....

*michelle*
Thought the Obimin is kinda tasteless as compared to those like panadol... it's slightly better but damn big... this morning i also vomitted... sian.......... sob sob...

*jul*
I talk to my tummy at times only.. don't really talk every day... i fin d it funny leh.. LOL! My hb too.. at times he will talk to my tummy.. hahaha.. i doubt our baby will not be able to recognise our voice unless you totally never talk all the way lah... hahahahahaaa....
 

Back
Top