(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


flower

Hope to hear from you later on ur gynae progress
happy.gif
 
CLOUDME
haha u will realise sometimes i use caps for names sometimees i forget! names with caps easier to look out for mah cos i still cant make out how to bold the name!

btw my frd also with dr Heng. i read few not v nice comments abt her in the forum but she is full of praises for her! she has a nickname in esh right? called the dunno what of eastshore. i always heard the nurses mentioned last time
 
Jul,
i don't think she even bother to call lah.. she should have headed down to the clinic after she last posted her message at 7am. Then she will be the first in queue!!
 
Dear Flower
read abt ur bad experiences with ur current gynea.. felt her not worth to be a gynea at all and make women/women doc look even "worse" for being so unsympathetic, somemore as a doc. Supposed to be caring and most concern to ur patient.

Jia You and dun over-angry too much with her, for the sake or ur bb.

"pei fu" that u can beared all these times and yet still con't till now..
I agreed with mama to 6js's advice to you for con't the package but change delivery doc if u r happy with Dr. wong =)
 
mamato6js,
no lah just surprise that u cap my name but never cap flower's name...
thot u wanna make sure to flower that i said it's up to individual...

yupz...i also read some neg comments on dr heng in the forum...
but so far all my sils goes to her for paps smear etc...
so far their comments on her still ok...

hmmm i still dun know her nick in ESH...haha
 
Gd Morning!

flower.. hope after seeing Dr Wong, ur mood will be high ya..

jul.. u got afew items from babymall rite? is their sizes big for asian? their 0-3 mths u think bb will grown out of it very fast? I just spend $50 for a spree on babymall haha.. e material is gd right? I remm seeing the comments, not sure if from you or another mummy..
 
kiki.. haha since using hands no feeling for ur hubby... u stand on him la! hehe.. like those thai massage..

shelled.. if its troublesome or ur frien is busy its ok la.. its nt urgent la.. n its n want, not a need.. can do without.. then can save $$.. haha
 
I'm surprised to read that u all need to pay extra to see gynea at unscheduled visits!

when i'm down not feeling well, even though my appt was not nearing or something, i still go to see Dr. woody and he still entertained me but re-scheduled the next visit based on the current date. Even though the downside is, he is very fast throughout the checkup, but my hubby and i feel that in this way he can see more mommies and other new/ unscheduled appts.
 
katherine

Yup got a few sets of clothes from Babymallonline. But I got only shorts & pants, no tops or rompers. To me, 0-3 mths & 3-6 mths dun look very different leh. In terms of sizing, they look a bit bigger than Asian size, but not much bigger.

I think the cloth is nice & soft, but quite gd quality lor. Haven't washed yet tho, so dunno if they will shrink or fade?
 
jess

So far, I only heard Dr Woody is like that - that means cheap package, all supplements included, non-scheduled visits also included, even if feeling ill, medicine also included.
 
Jul.. ur baby going topless ar? u preparing babylet for the hot weather ar? :p hmmm ok nvm buy n see hw lo hahaha... ya heard that quality is gd.. wah.. hopefully wont shrink ley!
 
Today's lunch mini gathering
anyone else interested to join in?? so far there is me, Rach, Huishan and Kiddo.

Meeting at 12.30pm at the Korean rest at basement of Chervon House (Raffles Place). This is a last min arranged lunch with me and huishan initially but extended to all too!

Do join us if you can make it.. there is still about 1 and half hour to get here..

oh Rach just message me she will be early and reaching at 12.15 so i will meet her first.
 
Hi Jul
oh i see.. i din do a lot of homewk when looking for gynea..haha. Thank God i found a gd one.
DHA supplement not included. So far extra med i having pay extra is only cough med. But at least what he prescribed is suitable for preggie to take, so i'm okie with it.
 
Jul04

Me too dun really tok much to bb. But DH does that quite abit. Maybe your DH is just shy lah. Encourage him to tok to bb cos bb now can hear Daddy voice hehe.

Flower
Sorry to hear that you have to go thru such crap with your present gyn. Best to change as you need to feel secure & well taken care of when you deliver.
 
katherine

Haha no lah. I got a lot of cheap shorts & shirts for him to wear.

Those I bot from Babymall is for pairing with his rompers for outside wear lah haha.
 
Hey mummies, need some help.

Trying to join a spree but it says

"Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page"

I'm already a registered member and is able to login with my current nick and password. Dunno why can't join the spree.

Any advice? =)
 
jess

I heard abt him from my fren & also my HB's coll. But I not comf wth male gynae, so I din take him. If not, he will be ideal - near my home, somemore so cheap!

hui chern

HB is "fan" abt reno now...
 
joopz

I think u need to be member for at least 1 yr or something like to post. What u can do is to email the spree organiser & tell her what u want. She will post on the thread for you.
 
jul.. e cheap ones are those u buy from bugis there isiz? tot it's at least $3/ piece also? is the material soft also? havnt got chance to go that bugis shop to look..

joopz.. yap, as per jul.. for overseas purchase needs to be a member for 1 yr..u can just PM the organiser lo... happy shopping!

rach.. ur hubby ID rite? any lobang to make curtains? haha.. i wanna do curtains for my living rm.. if nt for my 4mths ML at hme.. morning i'll be 'baking' in the living room lo..
 
Flower:
I'm so sorry to read about your experiences and can feel how upset you are. If this is the case then I would also agree with the rest of the mummies here that you should find another gynae that suits you. It is most important that you are comfortable.

I'm also with Dr Lisa Chin and am also a 1st time mummy.

I must say though that my experiences with her have been very different. I have found her very patient and someone who gives very pragmatic advice, straight to the point, which we like. There was once when my hubby couldn't join me, so my mum came along. Even my mum (who is a trained nurse and is very particular) was impressed with her.

I had a long discussion with Dr Chin about hiring a doula (which I considered at one point), and she took time to explain her views to me, which I found immensely useful.

Each time I go to see her, she will ask me if I have any questions, and I would have a ready list of questions to ask her, which she will always answer satisfactorily. I appreciated that because I usually have to go during the peak hours on Saturdays, but still she makes time to answer my questions.

I had severe morning sickness up to my 16th week too. There was one visit where the moment I stepped into her clinic, she looked at me and said "Poor Girl" when she saw how green I looked. I felt like she understood!

The "iron pills" that we are given also contain other vitamins like folic acid etc. It is not the usual all-in-one Multivit, but it contains a number of things that are useful specifically for pregnant women. Fish Oil/DHA is usually a seperate cost.

What I would agree with you though is that the scans I have received aren't as clear as I would like them to be. However, you should check your CD because for me, at first I also thought it was very short - but later I realised there were a couple of short video files that I didn't notice earlier, not just one. I'm quite happy with what I have.

Just sharing my experiences, and I really wish you all the best and hope you find someone you're comfortable with!
 
Jul / Katherine

Babymallonline clothes quite ok. Slightly bigger in cutting, but won't shrink/fade. Or at least, so far those I bought never shrink/fade. Only problem with the tees I got for #1 is that they are getting bigger and bigger! Cos he pull on them, then wash already never shrink back.
lol.gif
 
Jul
oh i'm okie with male gynea. evrytime chkup, his female assistant will be ard and my hubby sometimes ard too, so i'm not worried. haha, not like he is a first time gynea or what...
 
Flower

Just hope to be of some help.. These are the list of female docs who have at least 2 of our Sept MTBs with them.

Currently, 8 of our mummies are seeing <u>Dr Joycelyn Wong</u>.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>BB's Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggymoo</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline Lee</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>5-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenifur</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>9-Sep</TD><TD>3</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Prince</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>pearlyn</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Prince</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steph </TD><TD>SAHMTB</TD><TD>16-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>milkyway</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xiaowei</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huishan</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Under <u>Dr Caroline Khi</u>, we have 2.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>BB's Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>marieE</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>1-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD>Simei </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Prince</font></TD><TD>Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Under <u>Dr Yvonne Chan</u>, we have 2.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>BB's Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dizi </TD><TD>SAHMTB</TD><TD>2-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyfall</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>3-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Prince</font></TD><TD>Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Buangkok </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Under <u>Dr Yvonne Soong</u>, we have 2.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy's Nick</TD><TD>Status</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>BB's Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>nongning</TD><TD>FTWMTB</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Prince</font></TD><TD>Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ponggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Camomile3</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>2</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Princess</font></TD><TD>Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Marine Parade </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
 
katherine

Yeah I bot from the cheap Bugis shop. I think $10 for 6 pcs for NB size, $11/6pcs for larger size.

It's very simple, plain, either white or coloured. But b/c it's very soft &amp; not thick, it's good for home wear &amp; hot weather.

shelled

Hey if they get bigger, than it's good what. They will expand along with the kid, no need to buy bigger ones haha.

jess

Haha I dun like lor. Me very shy lah. Cannot imagine myself opening my legs to him for check-ups. And during delivery, he will be staring at me, &amp; if I pass poo or pee during delivery process, I will be darned embarrassed man haha.
 
Jul
No lah! Now his tees so big lor. Slip off 1 shoulder, so damn "sexy". But the rompers don't have this problem. Only the tees have this problem.
 
princessxiaomei
the haenim baby brand one is 189 bucks.. consider cheap le rite? yeah relli alot of ppl using..

Ling
Whoa.. ur stroller also on the heavy side.. i cant buy too heavy one.. cos most of the time is my mummy n i take care of bb.. not hubby..
i am 10 weeks n 6 days to full term (Week 37), so i hv to prepare the hospital bag and everything else at least a mth b4 my Week 37. Very fast hor.. so scary.

Jul
I like fat babies.. too skinny not nice =) chubby ones cuter. Ur GD test only need 2 BT ar? I kena 3 BTs.. argh...

Michelle
yeah.. Friday class was like fully occupied.. i was stl telling my mum.. relli will hv so many ppl come n listen ar? cos i was like the 3rd pair to reach n it was rather empty then. U noe which was me? I'm the only one with Mummy's as companion..the rest all with hubby there. Hopefully tis Friday is lesser ppl. Rehab centre do exercise.. remember to wear trousers!

Purpleclouds
we should be able to see u there tis sat too rite? Too bad rach is at 1.30pm.

rach
oh.. then i wun see u tis sat le.. nvm lo..will hv other chance one.

katherine
hi ger, yeah lo..cos my parents just came back from perth then hv to start preparing princess stuff le.. n also bz playing mj la.. hee.. hws u? I'm ok lor.. just tt legs will cramp abit now n then.. then abit of morning sickness feel back.. n back ache alittle too. u stay je rite? maybe one of these days we can meet up at west side wor.. can ask girly girly along also.. where's she man?
 
haha ya lo.. i also tot getting bigger is gd.. from 0-3 mths.. u can wear till 9 mths lo
happy.gif


wah.. $10 for 6 pcs so gd ar? ok one fine day must go down n see liao..

oh.. then mayb i shld cancel my orders for the tess ley.. i order Sleeveless tee ley.. also scare e waether hot can just wear sleeveless tee.. Jul.. they sell sleeveless tee at bugis too?
 
shelled

Ooh.. sexy off-shoulder top. *wolf whistle*

But actually hor, the rest of the clothes dun really catch my fancy. Be it rompers or tees. Coz I find that a bit expensive for home or rough wear? Or I cheapo? haha

sheryn

Yeah heng mine 2 BT only. I already wanted to "die" liao. Cannot imagine 3 BT!

katherine

I also bot shorts, pants, hankies/face towels, bath towels, mittens * booties. I was looking for cheap stuff lah, not design. So depends on whether u like lor. The shop is big &amp; has a LOT of stuff. The ppel there will bring out sample to show u.. But no individual pcs coz they r wholesaler. Min 6 pcs.

Yeah got S/S tees at Bugis. But HB refused to buy S/s.
 
hee.. jul.. me shy too.
so far no opening of legs yet.. have not thot of that part though.. haha
during delivery.. havent thot of that part yet too.. only thinking to opt for epidural or not..

me havent gone to bugis shop too.. scared i will buy the wrong size for bb.. in case he turns out to be huge bb...
 
jess

Coz on last week's antenatal class, the instructor was talking abt childbirth process. She said doc will do vaginal examination to tell if we're ready, dilated, can push etc. Then Ishe also said we might pee or poo during the process, if it takes very long. That we might wanna do enema to flush out, b/c she realised a lot of us are very embarrassed abt pooing in front of the doc, nurse, midwife etc. Then 2 days ago, mamato6 talked abt getting cut down there (episiotomy???). So.. luckily I got femal doc. If not, I panick now. Haha but this is me lah. I am super super mafun one.
 
Jul
I find the price ok leh. Less than $4 for a decent tee to wear at home. But I like to let my kids wear nice nice even at home lah.
biggrin.gif
 
jul
i see.. i heard that one before.. but i was thinking i will be seeing more of the mid-wives/ nurses (or them look at me down there) rather than my doc... but i read that he being a great doc at "stitching" esp in c-section, in case i need to have c-sec, i know i be in good hands!
 
HI Jess,

Im with Dr Woody too. My previous gynea is Adrian Tan from ACJ and had a very bad experience with him... I went to him immediately when i had spotting. An injection and medicine were given by him but i still continue to bleeding. On the third days, i called him up again to inform him my status but he informed me to hold my horses and ask me to c him for my next apptmt which is 10 days later which he just informed me my foetus was expiry..I feel like shxxting him. Will never go back to ACJ again.

When im pregnant again, i went to Dr Woody instead. I was bleeding too and 2 weeks of MC was given and i was asked to c him twice every week until my pregnancy is more stable. Thus, im more comfortable w Dr Woody and thank him for his prompt action.
 
hi berrypie
Dr. Woody is so far so good! more concerned of bb! which is my priority too. He is sure a "MC" generous giver :p
i was once spotting and called him on his mobile after his clinic hours at night, and he asked me to see him first thing in the morning next day.
Glad u find him gd too!
 
Sheryn...

Ya.. my stroller on the heavy side but not the heaviest ard la.. tink should still be managable for me.

very fast indeed.. very excited too! cant wait to see my princess..
happy.gif
 
Jul.. nw u makes me think if i shld cancel some of my orders ley
sad.gif
my frien also say i order so much.. but ok ley.. a pack of 5 body suit.. a pack of 5 Sleeveless tee, a pair of mittens.. a pack of 6 wash clothes and a pack of 6 socks onli ma.. alot ma? :p

i feel so guilty nw ley..
 
Ling, thks for the link for bean sprout pillows.. but so far all the ones i see is more than $6.. so if RP selling at $6 its really cheap lo.. actually i hve one from my gal last time.. tot an recycle.. but if its $6 can buy another new one for my boy..
 
Sheryl.. wow u still play mj ar? can sit for long meh? hehe.. yes i stayed in JE.. we can organise our west side gathering ya hehe.. oh ya long time no hear from girly.. hmmm..

backache for me nw still ok..*touch wood* just tt my V area always very sore esp when i wake up in the morning also need to spend extra time getting myself slowly out of bed..
 



Back
Top