(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

pamelia:
Cool
happy.gif
I have been going for hair wash and blows recently. In fact just went for one today. Head massages are super shiok! All the best in finding a good location
happy.gif
I would think rental prices should be coming down.
 


pamelia,
below 20 is okie.. i'm getting below 20 for hair cut too.. cos regular so i get discounts.. haha

but i wont pay more than 200 for rebonding or perm... keke...
 
Pamelia,
For any length? Sounds gd.. Let me know when ur new shop opens. Waiting to rebond after confinement. Hair so messy nowadays
 
Kiki,
I did panic at that moment and thought he might not survive. My dog was screaming like hell but the other one wouldn't let him go. He not only completely broke his arm, he had even fractures along his bone. Wah lau! After that I am very very careful with him. Maybe even a bit over-protective..hehheh. Cocker spaniels are really cute! Do you have the american or the english ones. Use to have an american cocker. He was really lovely!

Girly,
*Tink* Appear again ah! Yeah, ding dong dogs can be very funny, but you also need eyes at the back of your head. Ding dong friends are good too!
happy.gif
Going to dog school is very lau kui with him. All the dogs are at full attention, only my dog is panting, drooling and trying to drag me to the 'hot' dog opposite him.
happy.gif


Life is more fun with him. Hub away in Berlin some more. So today I will kiao ka, eat potato chips and watch DVD!

What did you cook today? Busy with your little princesses?
 
Milkyway,

Up to 200... That's if your hair is VERY LONG, Then will hit 200. Will inform everyone as soon as the location has been settled! =)

Not only can you do your hair.. You can pretty yourself up will Manicure and Pedicure too~ ^^
( Though not very advisable if you're afraid it's bad for bb. But for me no nail polish I will feel very " Naked ")
 
lxlb,
Wow, didn't know that there is a rock your baby series. The t-shirt is über cool! I checked out the website and it says, for the prematurely cool.. hahaha
 
princessxiaomei,
all the weight is just an estimation lah, don't have to worry so much. the sonographer scanning today allowed me to take a video. yah, she's quite nice. today the gyn who saw me was very soft spoken, pretty and nice. she's the daughter of mary rauff (this famous gyn at NUH).

milkyway,
i know the gender already! but i'm not telling my family and friends, give them a surprise!

lxlb,
my sentiments too. happy and healthy can already!
 
delfine

juz porridge and steamed fish for the kids...not busy with my princesses...no mood...pissed off with the stupid king...

haha..abt ur dog, can imagine...real funny sight...actually dogs and kids the same...they pants, drool and drag too...after playing crazy catching, they perspire and pant, when they eat, they drools, drip, drop food all over the place, they drag us along in the shopping mall to where they want to go and pester to buy toys food...throw silly tantrums when request are refused...

bt no worries la, mine not like that...hope urs nt like that too...
happy.gif
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Corsage,

I've got your transfer. Thanks</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Karen,

Would you like to join in the Walmart spree instead? I've close e babymall spree, will only do batch #3 if tere are more demand.</font>


<font color="0000ff">Ling,

Loot shld arrive in 3-4wks time. They are still processing my order for batch #1</font></font>
 
pamelia,
added u... i'm S.L.

sandwich,
so secretive ar.. must be a gal lor.. that's my guess.. shall know in sept if i'm rite.. hehe

girly,
ur description of dog and kids so farnie.. haha... i hope mine won't be like that too...

delfine,
i'm not a fan of pets but my hb likes dogs and keep wanting to have one.. i told him later if we have a bigger house. And since both of us not around at home most of the time, having a dog alone at home also quite pitiful. I dont like cats though... screamt b4 cos a cat brushed across my legs at hawker centre.. don't like them since young cos got scared by a black cat with yellow eyes.. scary look.. haha
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Princess,

U dun hv to be too concern bout BB's weight now. It's jus an estimated figure. BB tend to grow more in mid of 2nd trim to 3rd trim. Furthermore u've to take into consideration yr own body frame. If u r small size den BB too big, u will hv problem delivering or even carrying to full term.

Tink tere's some problem w Walmart.com</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Delfine,

Gosh... tt sounds like such a nitemare for yr dog. What breed is yr dog? Tink in places like Germany, prob big breed hunting dog will be much suitable.

I've always like border collie or GR but not suitable for HDB leh. So in e end I settle for a POM &amp; a Miniature Schnauzer</font>


<font color="0000ff">Intro BB to doggy

We were taught in obedience sch tt shld gradually intro e new family member to our doggy to prevent them from getting jealous or aggressive towards e new member.

Try to let our doggy get used to e high pitch cry of BB by playing recording of bb cries b4 yr BB arrives.

NV leave doggy alone w BB in e initial months. And hor mus still give doggy e same amt of attention when u come back from hospital. Any changes, do it prior yr delivery.

To wrap up, handle e situation like as if yr doggy is yr 1st born &amp; BB is like e sibling. U've to be wary of "jealousy"</font></font>
 
btw, dear fellow mums-to-be, i have a gd book to recommend for those who may not know: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.

My friend pass me this book and I find it very interesting and useful for first time mum to be.
 
talking about books, my colleague passed me "what to expect when you're expecting" and "what to expect in the first year". they look dated (i'm guessing its a very old version) plus they're too thick for me to read, cos i rather google the information online. anyone interested in the book? i could give it FOC to someone on this thread. but i can't post it lah cos too heavy, so most prob have to meet up. anyone arranging a meet up session soon? maybe to collect spree items?
 
* Jenifur
No worries. Pls include me in ur 3rd batch spree for BABYMALLONLINE then.

*Corsage
Yes. I wanted to read Gina Ford once I finish the Baby Whisperer.

Just to share, I have a bit concerned over my baby's weight initially. I am of a bigger build (1.7cm) and I can hide my tummy pretty well. When I tell them I am 5mths pregnant. All expressed surprised. So I double check with my doctor everytime I vist. Luckily he ensured me that the baby is doing fine.

I am totally into breastfeeding. So I am going to attend workshops (Breastfeeding orgn) to handle that. At least I am prepared. A bit KIASU hor...hee
 
Karen:
I wish I had your height! I really hope to be able to breastfeed too, and will do all the preps. I intend to get a lactation specialist after birth to do house visits too. My gynae was hilarious (but practical though). She advised me NOT to join any breastfeeding groups initially. She said usually those are the lucky ladies who have it easier breastfeeding, and can put one who might have problems breastfeeding on a guilt trip. She says while effort is required, there are many other reasons why some women can't breastfeed, and she said they shouldn't be made to feel guilty. She said only when I am comfortable with breastfeeding then by all means join those groups. Haha. I do think she has a point as I do have friends who could not breastfeed for a variety of acceptable reasons.
 
hi all mummies..got any home job for pregnant woman??i reli need to wrk if not my husband will b very stress..bt i cant go out to wrk cos doc say i nid to rest more n nt walkin around..
 
I went to Baby's Kingdom at Kaki Bukit the other day. There is so many things to buy for a newborn. They even have a checklist for your purchases.

My hubby ask me to hold my horses first and check with the rest what is necessary. If not, I will end up buying all stated on that piece of paper. So scary...
 
My friend did engage a lactation specialist too. But still can't. She end up paying alot for that.

Just remember if U r engaging a confinement lady. Make sure u give clear instructions that no bottles are to be given to the baby. Just try latching whenever the baby is hungry.

Note that Supply equal Demand.

My confinement lady advise me that I can pump out first in the day and let her feed at night. My friend immediately ask me not to do that. The baby will have confusion. No formula milk too. Her CL secretly went down and buy a tin and add to the breastmilk. That is why she can;t encourage the baby to drink straight from her breasts. Poor her.So be wary.
 
Girly,
Haha.. never thought dogs and children are so similar! Come to think of it... am I ready for this kid? The dog takes 2 years to grow up and the kid? GULP!

Why are you angry with the King? Tell him you are the empress dowager lor
happy.gif


Milkway,
Why do you guess Sandwich's baby is a girl?

Jenifur,
My dog is a Magyar Viszla. Is there this breed in Sg? It looks like the weimaraner but is smaller. Border collies are very intelligent, GRs are sweet but imagine the fur!! How old are your pom and miniature schnauzer?

Think we should always supervise interactions between the dog and the child. Some dogs think children are prey and attack them. How do your children get along with your 2 dogs?
 
delfine

ur dog takes 2yrs to grow? erhmm... we'll still worry for our kids regardless their age...even if we can get to live to a 100...

the king married the maid...maid still maid lor...didn't become empress dowager leh...*HUMPF*
wonder if that american bulldog wanna haf a taste of the king's butt...
 
princess,
my gynae charge $1k for natural w/o assistance...
with assistant(vaccumm/forceps) think it's $1.2k...

anyway, diff gynae got diff charges for delivery...
so play safe ...prepare at least $1k...
 
Delfine,
i just guess lah.. instinct lor.. anyway got 50% chance of getting it rite mah. sandwich sounds excited about keeping it a secret and since she has a son already.. so mayb this round it's a gal.. and going by rach's formula, same age as me so gal lor.. haha. will know come sept...

Karen,
wow.. how did u manage to hide ur tummy? i'm same ht as u but my tummy showing very obviously now. mayb cos i put on so much wt already too...

girly,
cool down.. u sound pek chek..
 
squirrel what ur email address to add??

Karen - ur list is very long and detail... the things need to buy is very subjective to invidual living condition not all would have bb cot .. so buy those u think u need to use first and the rest can come in as and when u find it needy...

Girly - what happen??

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">MORNING</font></font>
 
Gd morning! long time no post but trying to keep up with the thread...

Missed jenifur babymall's spree.. sob.. nvm will wait for the next round.. anyway just wanna get milk bottles for my gal..

Jenifur.. u're the one who recommend b-free bottles rite? If have any lobang can let me know? Sounds gd and wanna give it a try..

FB RC: i cant seems to find the application in FB ley.. can any mummy invite me? But anyway... i stopped playing pet society too.. no time and energy ley...

Taggies: read in the thread some mummies are keen in DIY? but mentioned abt products safe for babies? So where do we purchase ribbons/ cloth that are safe for bb to DIY? tot of DIY too and if nice.. can do afew to give to my friends too hehe afew of them just had/ going to have new born too.. so exciting
happy.gif


Rach: i rec'd my online clothes ley.. e gal abit blur but still quite nice la.. i like the shorts .. tt is going to be my wkend uniform lo haha the dress i got is abit too loose nw.. mayb i'll wait for 2 more months when tummy is bigger then i'll wear...

oh ya.. princess.. u have the CSC card rite? Can i asked if we can used the card to pay for the detail scan? so we just show the card and do not need to make any payment? I'm doing mine at NUH next wk and just got the CSC card.. not sure hw it works..

girly... hope u're feeling better after a gd night sleep.. cheer up.. its friday today! Yeah!..
 
Hi Katherine,
Yes, you can use the CSC card for detailed scan and do not need to make any payment. Any idea after we use the CSC card, they will auto deduct our hub's salary or medisave?
 
Squirrel.. i also not sure ley.. i tried to chk MOM website but cant understand ley.. I think per annum can deduct max $350.. but this $350 is just for me or shared with my hubby?

kiddo.. my email is [email protected]
Thanks!
 
katherine,
upon registration at NUH ADC, inform the nurse who's registering you that you'll be using your CSC card. let's say you are entitled to 40% benefits, the 60% of the bill will be auto deducted from your husband's next month salary. no upfront payment is required at the clinic. the detailed scan at NUH should cost abt $120+ in total if you're a non-subsidized patient.

$350 is to be divided between husband, you and your daughter. if you claim more than $350, the additional amount will be auto deducted from your husband's salary.
 
wow.. thks sandwich!! errr... hw do i know hw much % benefits i am entitled? sob.. wasted .. tt time my oscar i din use the card
sad.gif


errr.. u say the 60% will be deducted from my husband salary.. then he has to submit claim for that?

kiddo.. thks ya.. but i can only go into FB fr 12-2pm in office hahaha.. will log on later n accept!
 
Corsage> i read baby whisperer too! i found it super insightful. But i also read some reviews tht slams the book (on amazon), similarly i know a friend who is following easy and it really helps!! but tht's cos she has a textbook baby.

i think i will just leave it to my confinement lady to set up a routine... whatever works.

but i still like the book. i find that it sets my mindset right.

My friend who uses BW series also has her other book, Baby Whisperer Answers questions. And she also recommends another book called TOUCHPOINTS.
 
Katherine> me also not too sure. Everytime i go check up or buy medicines i just show my CSC card. If $350 per annum dun think is enough leh. But i ever heard from hub we pay 40% of the bill? Gotta ask hub to check again.

kiddo> i like you girl's hair leh.. so nice! how i wish my girl's hair will be alot too. Hee.
 
lxlb:
Yeah I know what you mean about the book 'setting mindset right'! I had a lot of 'aha' moments when I read it. I think the BW Answers Questions is the last book she wrote before she passed away. Am thinking of getting that book too. Thanks for the other recommendation! I'm not getting a confinement person so I will have to be the one setting a routine.
 
squirrel - wahahah thanks thanks... But her hair had been CUT!!! coz it make her have rashes... it seem her hair many but her hair is pretty thin...next round if got chance will bring her out for gathering!! she is a TERRORIST!!
I still no time to update her latest photo..
 
katherine and squirrel,
the percentage of benefits you receive will depends on what scheme your husband is on. for my scheme, i myself will pay 15% of the bill (so yesterday's detailed scan is less than $20 for me) and my dependents pay 40% of the bill. so maybe your husbands are on the same scheme as me? can ask your husbands to call their HR dept to check. yah, $350 is never sufficient for me, cos i always chalk up more than that every year cos of the PD visits. but the way i see it, $350 better than no benefits at all =)
 
Squirrel,
yes yes.. not only kiddo's gal is so adorable. Katherine's gal also look like a doll... i should keep going to their photos in FB to view their gals photos so that my daugther will grow to look like them! Big eyes, black hair.. just so adorable...
 


Back
Top