(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

*jul*
u still have old ones.. i don't even have... and i only have 5 pcs... and its only tops... those we wear in the past... change abt 6 times a day.. woah.. i better think of a way...

*funny76*
avent i think is okay... my friends recommend Avent or Medela... but i think i might want to get Avent... electric n0t use plug meh.. use batteries ah??? -.- i haven't really find out about breast pumps yet... LOL!

*dizi*
hahaha.. i also no idea leh... but i drank those bottled ones before and i think i dont like the smell.... yucky! hahahahaa......

Then after how many days can bathe?? sure so sticky.. plus the weather so hot.. then we still got "bleed"... dont bathe really damn disgusting! and not healthy.......... put herbs liao can bathe with soap anot??? or only bathe with the herbs?? LOL!

*gina*
Yah loh. my mum knows how to do confinement and she can cook confinement food very well too. So my problem wasn't really on she know nuts or what.. is some others............ =.=

How you know which lesson is conducted by Mrs Wong and which is not????? when we sign up, it's not stated.....
 


funny

Hahaha u gd leh! Can "dong" to bathe only once a week! I'm very scared of the hot weather leh *sigh* Oh u din use the herbs from the medical hall?

princess

I bot from that cheap Bugis shop. If u dun have enough clothes, I think gog down is good. It costs abt $10 for 6 short-sleeved tops. Very value for $$, esp when BB grows very fast in the early stages. And the materials very soft (lan lan poor quality lah), so will be more comf for newbron. Shorts also $10 for 6. I think long-sleeved & long pants $1 more. U have to buy min 6 pcs.
 
Can i employ your mum to help me with the cooking and bathing part? T_T

sorry ah my problem is empress nag n nag n nag -.-'' very stressed lo when talk about anything concerning $ with her =\ haiz

Think we can go down together to get the clothes in bulk at bugis lol since some of us dont want to get so many..
 
*jul*
Bugis where.. i did see some of them mentioning.. but i have no idea where it is.... near the temple? near OG?

i am also scare of HOT weather... and i will get agitated!!!!!! on FIRE leh.... hahahahahahaa.....
 
*gina*
my mum need to look after other people's kids... that is why i have difficulty in having her to do the whole confinement for me.. even she cook, nobody might be able to send the food to me! sigh!
 
Re: Buying things

I still have cot mattress, car seat, Toyogo drawers, bath tub, laundry bags etc things to buy.

Then got those small things like lotion, my own confinement herbs & food..

Hmm.. then need to get the nappies from MIL's storage. Hope I dun kena sabo-ed & last min cannot find them then gotta rush out to buy.
 
princessxiaomei,

I also hate the red date smell but no choice leh.. better safe than sorry right...haiz...

if you sign up at the parentcraft office, there is a list of day for lesson and who is the trainer written next to the day of lesson.

if sign up via phone then need to ask specifically for the days Mrs Wong conducts the lesson.
 
princessxiaomei,

you not working already? I used to have sleeping problem too, but somehow, now I seems to be able to sleep and sleep and sleep. Hahha have to restrict myself from the bed else I'll feel so lazy to be sleeping all the time.

I think I have abt 10 sets of clothings for NB plus a few sets of 3-6 mths. Mostly are hand-me-downs. Maybe I'll get a few more rompers at the bugis shop for nite time. Mummies who have been to this shop, do they sell rompers there? And is 10 sets enough?
 
princess

I think maybe the address is Queen Street? My hubby will park at Blk 269 the open-air carpark, then walk thru the block to face the Chinese temnple. The shop is right at the corner one, facing the chinese temple.

It's the building where they sell a lot of dried foodstuffs, buddha things etc, coz they're at Bugis area mah.
 
itsy

Sorry I din check out rompers. I intend to use them only for gog out. At home, I will let him wear tops & bottoms.
 
Hi princessxiaomei
yea! great to hear most of us in the same class.. but i nv seen u all before :p
I asked the ladies during when i made paymt and they said the 13 jun class will be conducted by Mrs Wong.

Hi funny76
i heard BB 1st mth no need to drink water even... i cannot dun think i can take it to drink longan n read dates drink that long...

Hi Gina
was thinking if can video the lessons so in case i forget what was taught when the time comes :p
Confinement practice comes from winter China lo.. cos it so cold that y got odd practices - cannot bathe (cos too cold in winter), cannot open windows to let wind in (cos too cold)... etc
And the ladies mentioned try not to miss the lesson cos they wont have replacemt classes for those who miss it. :/

Vibration
I felt it too sometimes.. maybe bb hicupping or trembled a while? :p

Heat wave!
I cut my hair since apr.. can't stand the heat now man.. now announced going to last till sept.. oh dear... i made sure that i still can tie up a bit even now above shoulder length. I missed my long hair though.. =(
 
Jul,

Tops and bottoms are better? Aiyo, so confuse, i read somewhere that rompers better cos they won't 'roll up' at the belly when they sleep. Thinking of it now, how to wear romper if they have that umbilical cord stub still attached?!?!
 
I keep wanting to get things done too.. but my hubby hor, keeps saying "dun gan chiong, buy later".. He doesn't seems to get it that there r so many things to prepare. Sometimes I'm so envy of Gerald's wife, at least his hubby put in effort to understand and learn. Sigh...
 
princessxiaomei,

For the soap part, i think shld be can ba else dun seem like bathing liao leh... kekek but have to make sure got enough boil herbal water for rinse off else will be stranded in the bathroom keke

My grandma recommend to bath every 4 days and wipe body every night. Dunno if i can tahan not bathing n washing hair daily cos i am used to it liao.
 
itsy

I depends on ur preference lah. But someone told me hard to get BB's head into rompers the first mth when it's very soft. And yeah, the umbilical cord thing lor.

So I got those button in front type of tops. Then if dirty, can change one pc, rather than change the whole suit heehee. We shd be wrapping them in the nappy cloth also, so i think belly prob shdn't be too bad lah?
 
itsy

My hubby is a cross b/w Gerald & urs. He tells me shd just settle things, dun keep thinking & considering coz time will run out.

But he is very worried abt the money we're spending.. so it makes me stressed too. Then like dunno to buy or not.

He's also not pro-active one. That day I asked him does he know what to bring for hospitalisation, what to do for BB's registration, then he flared up at me, saying he will take note nearer the time else he will forget & have to re-take note again.

Wah liew! He's the one who says get things done mah. Then everytime I talk to him abt things to be done, he's aws luffing & making jokes & not serious one. Just like at antenatal class on Sun, kept luffing & making silly reamkrs. How I know whether he's paying attn or not? Angry..
 
Jul,

What to do, so I have to do all the research on my own. Guess u must be like that too. I told him so as to prevent me from nagging at him, he should read the book "What to expect" so he'll know what's happening too... ya lah, he's reading but till now hor, still at 1st Trimester!

Bo pian, he's also always teasing why I'm so into the forum, say I must report here all the time.. sigh.. he doesn't get it that I can learn so much here and at least I know I'm not the only one "suffering".
 
*dizi*
i will wipe at least twice a day sia.. so damn sticky.... and uncomfortable... not good for me too loh....the water must boil ah.... cannot take those from the heater... now the water no need on heater already so hot.... if on heater even hotter.....

*jul*
then first month wear what kind is better??? LOL! i no idea...

i think the belly thingy will drop off within 7 days..... i read it on the book... LOL!

*jess*
vibrations like not short moments leh.. sometimes quite some time leh.... like few minutes..... 10 15min.... i also no idea...

woah then i am damn heng to enrol in her class.. i also no idea who is who.. i thought same.. so just enrol... LOL!

I think i very easy to recognise.. i have long hair... not very nice hair.. big eyes... not very tall... have blur face... tada! u see someone like that, should be me... hahahaaaa
 
*jul*
so 28wk is beginning of 3rd trim liao?? i will start to get scare... LOL! dont know why also... but somehow just feel like quickly zoom to 37 wk .. then full term liao can give birth and jump and hop whenever i like.... hahaaaa
 
*itsy*
i was jobless for about one year... that time did work for about a month but MS was too bad till i cannot work.. so in all i was like jobless for a year.... -.-' after i deliver, i think i should be going back to my teaching liao....

was thinking if i am able to get some part time job to work for a month or two... so that i have some money to help hubby.... but i think its hard......
 
*dizi*
i didn't know leh cos i sign up via phone as i am not TMC patient... heee.... i know first 3 lessons must wear something comfortable.. think got some form of exercise??? cool!

Hate the smell also die die must swallow liao.. else i think i might dehydrate!
 
itsy

Yeah HB also says why am I addicted here. But it's thru this forum that I learn things lor. Rely on him, the BB can sleep naked & drink air liao hahah. At least ur HB reads! Mine sleeps the moment he opens a book!

We got hand-me-down pram & cot & car seat. But the car seat is sooo old, I dun feel it's safe. So i've been nagging him to get a new one.

princess

Yeah gynae told me 3rd tri starts at 28 weeks. So scary & fast hor?

Oh will drop ogg in 7 days ah? Good good! Drop off faster better. Hope Babylet has an open belly button not a closed one.
 
jess: wo3 kao4 ni3 le! if you ever manage to video down :D

itsy: my hubby also the don't gan jiong buy now. later ppl will give. i was like omg when is that going to be? I have no idea how to hold a baby shower by the way. I've got a list of things to buy hahaa getting some hand me downs from colleagues and friends these few days i hope. Then can slowly strike off from the list hehee but a bit paiseh as some of the items like breast pump quite exp :x

okok got to head down to suntec area and brave the crowds already.. hope those attending classes have fun! woops think they start le.. haha
 
Katherine
My massage lady (Ivy Tan) massaged my lower back and hips area lor. Really eased up the pain and my waddling. I believe as long as the masseuse does a good job and improves your blood circulation, most of the problems should be gone.
 
princessxiaomei
maybe bb swimming/ stretching more spaces.. i felt mine more of the fluid churning type.. sometimes
everyone feel differently.. tat y it such special feeling that makes the whole preggie thing worth it =)
hee.. me just round n short= roly poly.. short hair too.. lol

Jul & itsy
my hubby: during shopping for bb stuff, he said "just buy and worry later if u got the stuff at cheaper price or nt. Cos shopping is like that one." wah.. makes me feel more guilty...
Men definitely from Mars.. lol

Confinement
anybody getting the dry bath wash/ powder thingy.. since not going to bathe often?
 
<font color="0077aa">Bugis Baby Clothing Shop

Address: Blk 269C Queen St</font>

2557263.jpg
 
shelled

Talking abt massage.. my lower back was killing me when I woke up tdy. Cudn't go to work b/c cudn't imagine sitting at the table for 10h!
 
*ling*
Thanks for the map!! Shall drop by there when i am at Bugis.... :)

*jess*
Hmm... Perhaps loh. Hahahaha... but i do enjoy his kickingg.... only that vibrations thingy make me uneasy and dizzy.... -.-"
and i think most of us here are round... i look like some small version of humpty dumpty liao... my hb at times so mad with me cos i damn clumsy... he so scare i fall.... few times i nearly fall liao lor... duh!

*gina*
I am not into pri/sec sch... i am into presch... :) pri sch is much better cos pay is so much higher and half day leh..... presch slog like siao... then working hours so long...

but this year i did apply for the relief teaching for pri sch.. so far only taught twice.. dont know why the other schs i called all never call me.. maybe they misplace my number or what!

*jul*
i read it from the book that on the average it should drop off within 7 days... and i think so far i heard people telling me theirs like drop off 2-5 days time! So still within the range! Hahaaa...

I think i will panick liao if i hit 35 weeks.. esp 37... i keep have feeling i will deliver somewhere wk37-38... dont know why leh.... or i dream too much liao... LOL!
 
hmmm... saw my name being posted?
In defence to how some hubbies behave, honestly, it's very much a ladies' territory when it comes to babies and pergnancy. We've hardly got any training in that field! I guess we don't realise often enough how much you ladies go through. But share your thoughts with your husbands. I'm sure they'll be more than glad to play an active part.

With regards to money leh, am quite sure most of us are worried (at least I am). I guess it boils down to how much we have and then just spend within those limits. I remember asking my mom before I got married and she replied "poor ppl got poor ppl's way of raising kids. Don't worry too much, but don't overspend". I just try to keep to that mantra even though I do splurge from time to time.

See you ladies at the outing (oh... and is anyone bringing the HB)
 
Mummies,
Sorry to interrupt. Anyone keen to purchase Avent IQ Bottle and baby food warmer ? I've a brand new one unused . Willing to sell 30% cheaper off the usual selling price in the market. Pls PM me if interested. Thanks.
 
shelled, funny76, heehee memory these days very jialcuk always repeating my qns ah?

i guess when the time come, i will sure ask again and will rememeber from there on.. :p
 
Mummies,
Sorry to interrupt. Anyone keen to purchase Avent IQ Bottle and baby food warmer ? I've a brand new one unused . Willing to sell 30% cheaper off the usual selling price in the market. Pls PM me if interested. Thanks.
 
Gina,
Wah, wait for people to give? What if nobody give? Then must buy last minute? Worse still is by then we won't be able to go out to buy and must depend on hubby to buy the right thing.. hahah stress!

Jess,
Wish my hubby can tell me "buy now, worry later" but he's more like "think 1st, if really need then buy"... in the end, till now all haven't buy!

Gerald,
It's also true what your mum said, like my mum told me no need to get sterilizer cos can simply boil... but hor, I very scare of hot water and furthermore, I'll be taking care of bb on my own so I think best to get modern equipments to make my own life easier.

To all mummies who are going for natural birth,
Are you all going for epidural? Mummies who have tried, is it very painful? The needle look so thick and long! I can't seems to decide if I should use it or simply bear with the pain. HELP!
 
princessxiaomei,

If you're able to get a part-time job soon then maybe still can work 1-2 months, if not then it will be too tiring for you if you start work during your last tri. I think why not just rest, furthermore, I read that you're not feeling well, better not work if possible. Just be more thrifty.
 
hi mummies.. wow e thread is moving fast..
sandwich: tks for ur response.. i'm currently looking at:
- kinderland (MND): 1326 per mth
- Del-care: 1500 per mth (but got disc coz of coporate tie-up)
- learning vision@ cecil: 1500 per mth

u hav any comments on these above infantcare centres?

princess: ask u ah, since u're into pre-school.. does it make any diff whether e kid is enrolled in montessori, kinderland etc etc program??

so confused by all e programs!


itsy: i'm tinking of gg for natural w/o epidural.. i dun tink i can stand e needle poking into my spine.. if bb doesnt pop out aft a few hrs, i tink i'll opt for C-sec with GA *cross finger*

heard tat if u hav natural w epidural n not successful, u muz hav C-sec w epidural cannot GA liao.. so u'll b awake while being cut open.. *yikes*
 
jess, 13 jun conduct by mrs wong ah, at which location ah?

when i call today, the girl say nxt mrs wong class will conduct in sep09 :p
 
flower: i tink her class is at amk hub tis sat @2pm.. i booked in apr i tink..

sept class too late ba since we r all due sept?
 
WOW Cho,

all infant care so ex ah? i think i will get those at neigbourhood one.. cheaper then aftr subsidy, ard SGD300 per month.

do we have to supply anyting bb stuff like pamper &amp; etc to infant care centre.?
 
itsy
With regards to sterilizers, it's actually sufficient to just wash properly with soap and water. Notice that with BPA free bottles, we have no BPA free sterilizers? But in the states, the Avent IQ is actually BPA free. So, it's not necessarily true that modern is better. Glass bottles boiled in a metal pan may still be better.

cho
I just checked with my wife. LA will be given before the needle is inserted for epidural. In the case of C-sec thereafter, you can still opt for epidural or GA, but GA is not the preferred choice as it's more complicated to deliver. Best to confirm with your gynae as each hospital has varied practices. My wife will be opting for epidural having seen the countless women screaming. lol...
 
cho, yalor i duno why when al of u mentioned in apr09 i have miss it... probably was suffering bad pregnancy sickness back then
sad.gif


my condition only improve ard since last may 09.
 
Gerald.

i actually initialy opt for natural w/o epidural, but my hubby keep advising me to go easy with epidural.

but if i hav degenerative disc around my lower spine how ah, can still use epidural anot?
 



Back
Top