(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


Huishan,

I'm going for the class tonight too~

But I am afraid I will fall asleep.. because I only had 1/2 an hr of sleep last night due to shop reno till 8am this morning... >.<
 
flower4: directions to the bb shop at bugis:

If you stand in front of the si ma lu temple's main entrance (back facing the temple), you'll see a building with lots of shops selling dry goods/ chinese medicine on the ground floor.

The shop is the left-most corner unit on the ground floor.

Oh and they don't follow retail hours since they are wholesalers.
 
really? heehee i am afraid i will be late. earliest i can reach AMK is 645. still got to take dinner. maybe no choice. got to da bao dinner and eat during the lesson.
 
Hi Jul
Thank you for the info! will take note!

Hi flower4
massage will be done in my bedroom.. this is going to be the 2nd massage. I just spread a towel on top of my bed on lay on top.
maybe can tell her to do elsewhere if u r not comfy abt doing it in the bedrm.
 
We can eat in class? o_O

Anyone know what the 1st class is about?

And, I didn't bring any forms or anything, they have my records right?
 
*katherine*
appetite increase??? somehow my appetite going to decrease again liao le... and i feel a little unwell at times... making me scare...

BTW at times i felt vibrations instead of kicking or punching... and it does make me feel uncomfortable.. how to stop baby from givin vibrations ah??? any idea?? and what causes it??
 
*jess*
U als0 attending same antenatal class as m0st of us??? :) wow! that's good.. i think half of the mummies in this class belongs to sept mummies thread... hahahaaa... so good.... :)

Capella S705 2009 version is $369 nett price... n0t discounted yet.... most places to get a discount f0r this will be about 10%.....
 
flower..

Like Gina has mentioned. If u back-face the Si Ma Lu Guan Yin Temple, u'll see a row of shops selling dried goods n some chinese medicines.. Its just behind the 1st shop on the left.
 
Can't remember hav I share my bf experience here b4 becoz preg forgetful...

Anyway share again my "painful" experience....It is veri impt to hav ur hb support. Both of u must be veri pro bf. Mine was nt a veri smooth bf journey. My gal was latched on immediately after born. But my latched on was nt a successful 1. I did nt get much help fr anybody. My gal bite my nipple until sored n bled. I always had fear when it is bf time. I tot my nipple nt used to my gal suckling. Boy was I wrong....It was actually wrong method and i didn't know abt tat.. So when ur bb bite, must train them nt to bite n u urself must find a correct method for them to suckle... And remember, once ur nipple bled, pls do nt feed ur bb. nt gd for bb to drink bm wif blood in it. Let ur bled nipple rest n healed. Apply nipple cream. Can oso apply nipple cream after each feed when starting bf. Will be gd so tat ur nipple oso dun get sore so easily.

After my nipple sore n bled, I let it rest for a few days. I was braless for a few days to air my bled nipple, apply nipple cream and apply cold frozen cabbage to let it heal. I was afraid tat she wldn't wan to latch on anymore and my TBF plan wld be a failure. Anyway I did nt give her TBF in the 1st pl coz nt much bf...I mix a bit of FM wif watever bm I cld give her....She was quite okie wif it. Personally I feel is okie to mix a bit of fm wif bm. When doing bf, must be happy n relax. if nt will affect our bm flow. After a few days care, my nipple start to heal but she no longer wan to latch liao. I try to pump it out by using electrical pump...but nt gd choice...make my nipple bled again after it juz manage to heal. So I decided to use avent manual pump after my sis's frend(she pump for a yr w/o latching due to her son dun wan to latch.)'s advise. It really paid off. the avent manual pump doesn't hurt n it increase my milk flow. I decided to pump regularly every 3 hrs. I woke up 2 or 3 times everynite to pump until my milk flow stablize n become regular no matter how tired I feel. Avent manual pump is really my saver. Tats how I manage to bf her until almost 9 mths.

When ur milk became stablized n regular, u can trained ur breast when to let ur milk flow out...., by then u can used less breast pad...I only used 1 breast pad a day when my milk stablized. Breastfeeding is really no easy task. I REALLY DREAD BF UNTIL NW. I feel I got no life of my own during my bf period. Nw got to start all over again for my number 2. But boh pian. BF= PERSERVANCE + LOTS OF HARD WORK. DEMAND = SUPPLY! Watever decision we make, whether to TFM or partial BF or FM, We must be happy. Told u my own personally experience nt to scare u but to get u mentally prepare. Different ppl got different thinking n advise. Btw, I dun give my gal frozen BM cos I hate the strong fishy smell of frozen bm....For mi refrigerated BM is okie! ;p. I oso gave my gal warm plain water during bf...dun care watever ppl say tat bf no nid to drink plain water...
 
Gina.. i'm hving salad w 3 nuggets nw.. u say ley? hahaha.. nwadays always hve must tea break in office!

hmmm.. princess.. u ok.. saw in FB u sick ar? mayb cos u nt feeling well tt y u cant eat much? but well as long as u went for chk up n gynae says bb size is ok n growing well ok liao.. dun need to worry ok? think vibrations is when they are moving gently? hehe i dun think but i do feel it too.. n when l let my hubby feel.. he tot i was the one making e movement!

yap yap.. hui chern n all mummies. lets all jia you together
happy.gif


1 hr more to knock off ya!
 
ling, backface the temple is phoon huat leh.

opp temple entrance?

ooops, sorry, i saw Gina explanation lioa.. thanks for the direction. so i mus pray hard when i go there, its open heheee..
 
Huishan,

i jus sign up for antenatal class with TMC too... too bad not conduct by Mrs Wong...

im going to thomson medical trainning centre location...

im too late to register but they squeeze me in for the earliest one. lucky..
 
jess
If my hubs can make it, he'll be there too. Hope he can make it so your hubs won't be the odd one out lah.


Katherine
Actually it has nothing to do with the ginger lah. It's just the formulation of the breastmilk itself. I also had pelvic pain, and the massage eased that up a lot! You just have to highlight the particular areas to the masseuse before she starts the session.
 
KAM

Thks for the advice.Hmmm..mostly will stick to the PD my gyane recommened...jus remembered tat we need to go back for review aft a week or 2 aft delivered...and since the PD is at the same bld as my gyane, might as well..so no need to go 2 diff place.

Jess
u gng to the compassvale massage-Ivy Tan??if yes me 2..my appt @10am tis sat...
 
Huishan,Pamelia,

My class was last tue. No need to bring form as they already have my record in their list. The class size is around 20 couples. Each couple will occupy one small exercise mattress with 2 pillow.

If everything remain unchanged and your trainer is Mrs Wong, she will let you watch a video on breastfeeding for twin while waiting for the latecomers &amp;&amp; her class usually end at 9.30pm.

As to eating in the class, not really sure as didnt see anyone eat in my class. But think they wouldnt deny you from eating since we are all pregnant :p To be on the safe side, suggest getting something/food that doesnt have strong smell so that wouldnt cause discomfort to others. so can eat quietly at the back of the class.
 
funny76
I really REALLY applaud your perseverence in BFing. If I had as much problems as you did, I think I would have given up already. I think your story will definitely inspire a lot of mommies here to give BFing their best shot!
happy.gif


I also gave my boy a bit of plain water, I felt it was necessary to get him used to the idea of drinking plain water. So far so good, cos he drinks up to 4 glasses of plain water a day! I think it's also due to this that he is very healthy.

I agree with BF is not as easy as it may seem, but for me, I take care of BB full-time anyway, so between spending $$ on milk powder and making milk, I much prefer to BF. But when it comes to working BF moms... i really think it's hard work.


flower4
You very cute leh. I think from early on until now, you ask this qns many times already. And the answer is: NO. Big breasts, small breasts, all will have milk as long as you latch on bb and have proper nutrition during pregnancy and BF days.
 
flower,
No lah...The size dun affect...and oh yeah I forget to add.....To encourage more milk, drink more water n soup(especially fish soup)...as much as possible... after bf, then drink wine(if u feel the nid to bu lah) 4 hrs apart, b4 the nxt pump or breast feed...to be safe.
 
shelled..u mean e lady will massage the pelvic area ar? if u highlight to her? hmmm.. nver massage there b4 ley! hahahaha

btw u helping me to chk w ur frien abt her socks on the website?

oh, so its not ginger also? its e BM itself? hmmm.. ok ok..

and u must forgive flower4 la.. nw we all forgetful n clumsy ma.. hahaha ..
 
*funny76*
hi, hmm.. i thought they say during confinement cann0t drink WATER.. but i read that if wanna BREASTFEED must take a l0t of FLUID to replenish.. like that drink what???
 
Huishan,Pamelia,

For my first lesson, basically Mrs Wong taught
1. Exercises suitable for us with involvement from hubby if they are with you. Also, relieve leg cramp etc
2. Myths and nutrition after birth
3. Talking and bonding with baby

There will be a short break for water, milk sampling and biscuit at ard 8.40pm if i din remember wrongly

Enjoy your class n remember to collect your door gift
 
*katherine*
yah loh. was sick... then n0w my sleeping hours all like rojak! ): 10pm till 2am lie on the bed, cannot sleep at all.. so i read books... then sleep already 6-7am wake up... cannot sleep again... till about 9-11am then sleep again... 1-3pm will wake up.... everything all upside down... though i seemed like sleeping alot but its not quality sleep i have...

the vibrations are gentle?? woah... no leh... at times make me wanna puke.. i check with my gynae but he say its okay... the other gynae mentioned that if vibrations in 3rd trimester is like hiccups??? i was like... huh.... i also dont kn0w.. just very curious loh....

28 wk is 3rd trimester???
 
shelled.
Yeah...really nt easy! I almost wan give up...quite scare coz 1st time mum mah...dunno tis n tat...nvr expect will bled coz she no teeth mah...juz know wan to breastfeed...Is a must! My mum keep nagging mi to give her FM coz I nt much milk(she scare my gal go hungry)... I cried several times becoz quite stressed at tat time...no encouragement fr my own mum... But after my nipple healed, my mum bought mi a avent manual breast pump...mayb she c how I fight wanting to bf bah...I was quite touched then...she oso cooked lots of fish soup for mi to boast my supply...
happy.gif


But nw I face another challenges, to make my 2nd gal latch n how to bf while I am working...last time nvr work so easier...
 
*funny76*
WOAH! continuously drink the red dates &amp; longan drink for the whole confinement??? what other drinks we can take???

milk? LOL! chilled milk? cannot right?? hahahaaa....
 
Funny76

Are you a SAHM ? Since you mention you did not freeze your BM ? Ouch, mummy so wei da
happy.gif


Yah, one of my friend just give birth 2mths ago. Her bb is TBF. But she did mention she felt like a cow. :p

But we all got #1 liao so should know what to expect . Proper sleep is not possible especially in the 1mth of bb's life. But think BF will allow DH to sleep more hmm...Since we are doing all the work mah

flower4

Big breast does not mean you will have more milk lor. My friend breast quite small. BB no need to latch on , she just pump got lots of milk liao. BF for 6mths
 
I feel like sneaking into Mrs Wong's class -.-''
Or can anyone video record down the entire session? Hahaaa will pay! :x

Haiz wonder if my first bf experience will be so kong bu >.< Any expert like Mrs Wong in KKH i wonder? (Mental note to ask gynae)

I going bonkers with the confinement thing. It really hit me why westerners don't have such practice ah?
 
princessxiaomei,
chiled milk of coz cannt...actually I oso dun believe in confinement at 1st....but my mum did my confinement for mi...so no choice got to listen to her loh...but really leh...after my 1st confinement(by following the old wives tales), I feel stronger than b4...I no longer fear cold as b4...really veri sheng qi... So I told myself tis time must hav a veri gd confinement, rest n bu!
 
funny

Saw ur story abt BF-ing. Wah! Admire ur determination man.

Oh just wondering whether u followed the practice of not bathing during ur confinement.
 
hui chern,
Yeah...last time is SAHM for my 1st gal...but nw FTWM liao....I threw more than 10 packets of freeze BM coz dare nt let my gal drink...I can't stand the smell...freeze BM got 1 kind of smell tat I do nt like....Veri sayang! So for 2nd one I will try nt to freeze if I can...dun be giving my gal anyway...
 
Jul.. heard from radio this morning that the hot spell will be all the way till Sep! ur baby coming out in Aug right? Hope by the time mine pop.. it'll be cooler..

ok its 6pm! gtg.. enjoy ur night!
 
*katherine*
woah. the weather is really killing us! It's really HUMID! Many people asking me why don't cut my hair short.... for me, i rather keep it long and i can TIE or BUN when i am HOT... if short... how? wear shower cap??? LOL! I hope the weather will be kinder to us... don't so hot... hahaahhaaaa.....

*funny76*
I will do confinement... but not sure who will be doing for me... due to many reasons here and there... i am so stuck... maybe i doing my own confinement.... each time i think of this, i get mad.. so i better don't think so much... don't expect so much... i try to settle within myself and my hubby... sometimes people are out to drive me nuts.. but its okay.. i will endure! :)

Is that red date longan tingy hard to brew? We can just go to the medical shop and get then brew will do???

How about bathing time?? I doubt i can do without bathing.. cos i have to be clean to breastfeed....
 
Hmm... how many sets of clothings do we have to prepare for newborn yah??? On the average how many sets do we change per day??? I think my baby can go naked often already.... LOL!
 
katherine

Har??? All the way till Sep ah? My EDD's 4 Sep, but I have this feeling he will come out earlier. Too fat lah, no space inside, he sure wun wanna stay in.
 
princess

I very KS. I got abt.. 24 sets (ard half new half old). Coz I heard may have to change up to 6x a day.. And I dun wanna be washing everyday.
 
princessxiaomei,
I oso nt sure...coz for my 1st I only used avent pump most of the time...My electric 1 is NUK...bought at $30 fr frend'd frend...nt gd leh...suck veri hard, pain, nt much milk out...Tis time might wan to try electric avent...but dunno wan to try single or dual...advise is dual but cannt use batteries is y I hesitate...

Brew wif red dates n dried longan only nia...veri easy...portion depend on how thick u wan it to be...
 
princessxiaomei,

Not sure about the red date longan drink. Personally, I tot everything throw in then boil can already lol

As for bathing, can go Fu Hua buy those herb packs n boil. Just need to tell the shopkeeper its for confinement they shld know de
 
princessxiaomei: I haven sign up for TMC classes.. But seen so much raves abt Mrs Wong i want to sneak in leh. My mum know nuts about confinement really. And i agree some ppl are just out to drive us nuts (read: mum).

Erm is it ok i have a cuppa of Mocha ice blended??? I've been eyeing it for the longest time and it's been months since i bought my last mocha blended! Been drinking those canned/bottled ice-lemon tea, green tea, chrysenthemum tea though :x but cut down a lot le coz no crave for them T-T
 



Back
Top