(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

mashy, errr 5 yr old? speechless lah.

fatbobo, I keep one bullet in case. Took from my boss. You dont know what will happen especially in the night. I was told if really fever sky high 40degreec. Insert a bullet then send to hospital. Most likely when reach hosptial temp will go down tremenderously.
 


Fatbobo

I keep bullets at home for emergency. I have the paracaetamol ones for the lower fever and another one for high fever. U can get the paracaetamol type at pharmacy. Remedol. Can ask the pharmacist for dose.
 
oh really arh?!? u gals actually hv 1 at hm in case of emergency? wah lao.. damn idiot me! today den i learn abt this!?! kaoz!!!

last wk Mattea's fever so high... alot of risks, worries, heartaches, sleeplessness.. money..... cld hv been avoided!

yes! i will go to the clinic to request for 2 to standby at hm!!! *touch wood* but for babies..really.. yes!


mashy:: i hv 3 bottles of paracetamol nw (2 big bottles frm hosp).. n 3 bottles of the burophen (ya..the one for higher temp..duno hw to spell!)..oso 2 bottles frm hosp!! -.-"
 
Fatbobo

my hse is a little phamarcy. I dun go see pd unless fever more than 3 days. I keep all kinds of meds that their dr prescribe before and get from pharmacy. Unless I know the dosage from prev prescriptions, I dun anyhow give.
 
Fatbobo,
but u mus take note of the expiry of the medi leh dun keep too long den for the bullet hor cannot keep in fridge wor... only room temperate
happy.gif
i also only learn abt this now cos Kyler first time high fever... so lets learn together along the way
happy.gif
 
mashy/piggy:: heee~ thanx. yup, i keep the medicines in the fridge.. i tink the shelf life is 6mths? okie..if i do get the bullet frm the clinic..will make sure i keep it under rm temp.

lalala~
 
u have to keep the bullet in the fridge cos it melts easily leh. it only has to be at room temp when u wanna give it. It only take a while to warm up. It has to be given at room temp cos u dont wanna send the body into shock if u insert a fridge cold supp.. this is the practice we kept to when working in KK..
 
if u notice temp high and need to give the supp, just take it out of thr fridge first and give it about 5 to 8 mins to warm up. leave it out, go do other things and prep, then come back and give supp.
 
afternoon ladies,

RE: pointing to body parts
my boy know ear, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth(ya in chinese), hand and legs

feedback from his infantcare teacher, he also knows his classmates's name and will point/identify his classmate when teacher ask him...

RE: Supp insert...
yup i also got a few at home...(requested when my boy had fever)
and it definately have to be kept in fridge...
but so far my girl is the one who kenna insert...
 
Kiki: haha!! I could bear strap shayna into her stroller when she was wear abt 3 layers in hk. Wah 5 layers evn harder lor.
 
BabyS,
icic cos the clinic assitant told me no fridge if not v hard will not melt n dun put in those hot places ok ok will take note..
 
Last week, I was so fed-up with my boy's night waking and my hb's sleeping throughout that I just throw my boy to him.

In the end, my boy cried for 15 mins and then stop to say "milk milk" and sob... like so poor thing like that! Emotional blackmail!!!
 
My office canteen today had a temp stall set up selling children clothes...
And they claim these are factory over-run goods...thus they selling cheap..cos its all branded..OshKosh, PoloRalph, GAP etc etc...

In the end I bought 3 top, 3 dresses for $98!!
Though not all are for Nat, bought one for newphew and one for fren's son.

Oooh man and just now went out for lunch, bought a crop jeans-$26 n dress-$22 from FOX ( 50%sale, citibank card have 10% on top of sale price ) for myself...
Today alone already splurge $150!! wah seh..shopping day
 
Jus saw the old posts...wah Shayna is one tall young lady-leading all the babies here!! My boy is 84cm with a body mass of 10.4kg.
 
anyone want infant car seat? hmmm,it's going to be 3rd hand if anyone is keen...

wanna give away...otherwise hub's going to throw away liao...
 
Kiki: i so agree with u abt the emotional blackmail.. Shayna cried and said mami in such a kelian sound after crying for 15 mins. I straight away give in and pick up hahah!

Dolce, its ok lah. Its not like u shop everyday like that what..
 
I shared this before. but it is so sad to think about it especially for this week as my nephew started P1 already and having some difficulties fitting in.

My sister had never missed a single day for my nephew's jabs, including MMR of course. Then not long after the jab, he started to show signs of Austism (actually is more Asperger which is a more functional spectrum of Austism)

he was spinning wheels, lining up cars and also late to start speaking (though he is very talkative now) but most obvious one is that he will avoid eye contact. even more obvious signs when he is older like uncontrollable tantrums.
No doubt that he is very smart though, in fact when he went for IQ test, the person even ask if there's any genius in our family history...

so yah... my sister dont believe in the study about MMR but she just can't help wondering if it's really just some truth which she could have prevented some things from happening. Anyway, she didnt let her #2 go for MMR

As a mum myself, i find it so hard to make the decision regarding things for my baby, even knowing that the chance is 0.00001%... sometimes toto also not so chun lor...
 
I'm entering 8th week of 1st trimester, Missed my menses and tested positive, now a little apprehensive going for no.2 after having such a hyper son. I'm gg thru the symptom of lethargy, need to sleep early and lil nauseous. Gg to see gynae tomorrow.
 
El-nino, congrts! u missed ur mens for a mth then u test ah? can tell u not really plan for it ya! hahaha

Enjoy seeing your little beanie & blink blink tmr
happy.gif
take care & rest well!
 
Mmr: I just brought my boi for mmr yesterday! Without the chicken pox jab...I am doing a separate jab for this two...anyone doing the mmr+chicken pox 2in1? what wrong with taking mmr? I can't read the link
 
Jagiebaby, thanks
Donkeymami, its plan infact couple of months ago, I was on this chinese Concotion trying to conceive, but now that I'm preggie, I got mix emo. Want to chg job this year then will hv to break the news when I'm 5mth cos tummy will start to show. Btw does your gynae perform your ultrasound from inserting the scan from below during the first trimester? Mine does even when I was preggie with Ethan but I heard my fren got miscarriage bcos of the probe. Maybe I'm too worried of things happening around me. Importantly is whether I can cope with 2.

Been seeing the topics on MMR and the risk, isn't it a mandatory jab, what side effect are the medical history.
 
El niño

only measles is mandatory. U can opt to take separate jabs. Probe is safe but if u are scared then go and see the gynae later.
 
El-nino
Dunno virginal scan will cause miscarriage.. My gynae did thst with my previous pregnancy begore javier. I had miscarriage for that pregnancy tho.. But he used virginal scan when i had javier too. Thats abt 4 weeks preggy. Then at 5 weeks+ used tummy scan can see heartbeat liao no more virginal scan..
 
el-nino, dun worry i thk transvaginal scan is pretty common my gynae performed tat on me during 5wk & 7wks+. 3rd visit onwards scan from tummy liao. since u alr coming to 8wks can try to scan from tummy if u are scared.
 
today took her weight & height, she weighing at 11.5kg & 82cm tall at 90% for weight & 75% for height.

BabyS, wah shayna really tall tot jovia alr quite tall she oli 82cm woh.
 
kiki,
yeah rem wat u said so till now i still dun dare go for mmr or mmrv
really read quite alot of reports until im scared!

re: mmrv
anyone knows if its a must to jab this before goin CC?

el nino,
congrats!!
happy.gif
 
El nino, my dr did v scan till abt 8 weeks. Tummyscan cannot see but v scan can see. I always wonder if too nuch tummy fat affects visibility from tummy scan.
 
Juz did my v-scan, its only 5w6d cos its calculated 2wk aft 1st mense. Single sac and its size of green bean. Since I juz tip 36, gynae suggest amniocentesis but I will go for triple test at 14wk to cfm the risk of DS. Hope will go well.
 
El-nino, means now abt 7wks? happy for you like u say age catching up so chop chop give birth this one can close shop. stay +ve my cousin & SIL also gave birth at 36s pretty common in Sin.
 
Babyja,
yes MMR is compulsory if u senting ur boi to CC...

El-nino,
congrats
happy.gif

usu v scan is used in early stage becos the sac is too small to see via tummy.. dun tink will cause m/c.. if any m/c were to happen it will su happen be4 8wk so maybe conincident? dun worry too much ya... 8wks shd be able to see via tummy le.. be +ve..
 
Mummies, what do u let ur toddlers do huh? Any structured activity/ learning time or just let them free play the whole day?
 
I gave birth to Ethan at 35 and bunny at 36 gg 37, will go for triple test at 12wk or more jus to be sure. Now I try not to carry Ethan too much. I wasn't quite worried when I had Ethan but those fears do creep in. Btw can still color hair during pregnancy or not??

BabyS, Ethan only play stuctured games when he's in school. One day we gave him mini coke cans, he jus play by himself, stacking up. I juz let him free play at home during weekends.
 
El nine, congrats!! dun worry about the age thing, my gynae was saying that medical is so advanced now that even in the forties is not considered old.
 
ELNINO

Congrats! Dun worry abt v scan. I did that too coz sam was only less than 6 weeks n the heartbeat couldn't be detected from tummy scan. My gynae asked if i wanted to do it or wait till my next visit at 12 weeks! I couldn't wait so long coz i had a prev mc n wanted to see the heartbeat right then!

BABYS

It's free play 24/7 for sam

SUPPOSITORY

Hmm.. I didn't even give sam that. When his temp was 39.5, i still gave him only paracetamol n his fever just went down. Guess i was lucky it didn't climb to 40.
 

Elnino
congrats!!

==================

MMR Jab

the link can view. but you have to stay longer for the site to load. at first i also tot don have. haha..
by the way.. if MMR is a bit scary vaccine, why cant the kids take 3 time although painful?
happy.gif


I'm letting my boy take MMR only at coming Feb w/o chicken pox.
 

Back
Top