(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

jul,

i totally understand wat u meant. cos ethan also super active kind remember? i also v scared thinking of #2.

RE: Tear
After reading all abt the cuts & tears, i feel even more scared thinking of #2. Last night kept thinking abt it until can't sleep. Is it very painful with the cut, tears & stitches? Cos i happened to be one of the lucky few who didn't have any of all these. If have #2, dunno whether will still be so lucky.
sad.gif
 


PJPJ
set, reservation done!

see you tomorrow 11.30am at the restaurant. reservation under Roz

fatbobo
i think reira is organising playdate at fidget this friday afternoon, - you going?

anyone else keen to go?
 
PJPJ,
yes v painful
sad.gif
jus hope i got better luck this time round..

Zen,
aiyo dun worry so much mine is my gynae cut but my bb head too big tt y got multiple tear ur #1 no issue usu #2 shd be ok if only cut no tear recovery shd be quite fast... i am jus 1 of the unlucky 1
sad.gif
 
jul
i think that this stage boys tend to stick to daddy closer? zac also does the same and nowadays it's a ritual that the moment he wake up, he will climb on daddy to hug him, and he got to 'send' daddy to work - go down the lift and walk partway to the carpark and say bye bye/kiss etc before he allows daddy to go work.
 
PJ, babymaking

Well, I spent all of 14.5 mths with him remember? And the maid is here only for 2 mths - I was ard for the 1st mth too.

I really don't think I'm being paranoid. It's different when he wants someone to play with him. I can accept that the "boys" play rougher & are more exciting to be with.

But when he wants SIL who only sees him once/week, or maid whose only been here for a while, I find it very telling lor
sad.gif


zen

Yeah I know your Ethan is like my Sam. Wonder if we put them together, they'll start a fight or what??? Luckily we live on opposite ends of the island!

The tear isn't so bad lah. U won't even feel it when u're delivering. And the epi will be on when the gynae is sewing it up. The recovery is also not painful. Mine was only bcoz I was allergic to the thread. Once I cut the thread away, no more pain!
 
zen: for me cos my dr did a good job stitching, i didnt feel any pain from epi. The only pain i felt was from the piles that developed as a result of all the pushing. i so scared to even sit on toilet bowl cos of the pressure it will exert on the piles.

but u shouldnt feel alot of pain bah. Like if someone has a fall and has stitches, after the medication wears off, there shouldnt be as much pain as b4 stitching..
 
zen

U shdn't feel anything. Coz u'll be ordered to stay in bed for 6h after delivery. Guess they're worried that u'll trip & faint from wobbly legs or something.

I had no probs with walking or sitting. Unless I was careless & sit with legs too open till I pressed on the wound.. or I went to the toilet for big business
 
Zen,
yes the pain will be there but maybe not as bad cos after all stitch ur skin will be swell n for me multiple tear the pain is really bad.. i tink also depend on individual pain tolerant..
 
babys
i cant tell whether the pain is from the pile or tear. the whole area down there was in pain!
so horrible experience... haha!

all the blood / locha and pad pressing on the area... ~faintz~
 
kiki

That's y it's so impt to get those mumsy maternity pads. Coz they are very soft & thick. Not so painful when u sit on them.
 
donkeymami

My fren told me the Pureen ones are useless. Sofy normal pads are better. After I delivered, I realsied why. She had Caesaerean! No stitches down there & less lochia!
 
wah.. u gals make me wana reconsider abt trying to hv a natural delivery than another c-sec should i hv a 2nd pregnancy now! hahahaha.

i tink for me.. chose the date to deliver by c-sec...... least pain de. no need to go thru labour pain.. no tear... BUT, aft surgery pain (which is quite bearable actually)..n BUT BUT BUT.. ya, no oppt to go through a 'true labour'!
 
jul: hahaha... yeah lor, c sec lesser lochia than natural..

i liked pureen in the begining cos it was so soft, so thick.. good shock absorber!!!

when i was back at home, i switched to sofy's overnight pads..

kiki: haha... i could tell.. cos everytime i had to go, i scared of the ripping pain! the pain from there was worse than epi!

C sec hor, is the pain from the wound very bad?
 
my friend who went for a elective c sec was telling me she felt weird. Cos she delivered a kid but has absolutely no idea what labour is like.. she didnt know how contractions felt like, breaking of water, pushing etc.. When she told me was the day after i delivered.. i looked at her and ask "you SURE u wanna go thru what i just went thru?" hahahaha
 
i oso wished i could do a natural.. but high risk....so had to do c-sec to 'take' Mattea & Keona out.
then..wv already a cut through my belly, im not too sure if i could try a natural shld there be a 2nd time.

(but ya la.. u all made me imagine wat multiple tear la.. wat stitch there.. wat wat wat... ewwwwww~)
 
fatbobo,

i also praying for natural birth. why would you wan c-sect? natural birth will heal faster i think. for me, after i was pushed up to the ward not long after, i can get down to walk already. but i was lucky no cut, no stitches, no wound. but i guess God is fair. my pregnancy & labour was easy, looking after my boy was TOUGH!
 
piggy,

i'm seriously considering whether to plan for #2.... maybe i should start trying after the 2nd birthday..... then it'll be 3 or 4 years gap huh?
 
babyS:: frankly.. i felt quite depress to know that i will NOT have a chance to go through that!! it's what makes a woman a mother i feel. but..for the safety of my babies, i had to forgo and go through an elective c-sec lor.

it really doesn't feel good at all. ):

i would say the pain from the stitch across the belly wouldnt be that bad as compared to the below. it's 'thicker' there.. less chances that u need to stretch it (pee or poo).. n no contact with liquid (blood or water or pee..even poo?)
 
babys

I'm terrified of the CS wound!

Hmm.. I still dunno what breaking of waterbag feels like. Coz I had contractions already then was on epi. I didn't even know when my waterbag broke, or whether it broke naturally or my gynae broke it. Hmm...

zen

That makes sense! I nvr once threw up during preggie, I looked good for a preggie & could eat & move ard easily, didn't have weight or GD probs.. Now look at Sam!
 
haha.. jul/zen... nonsense.. like dat de meh?

i had a super tough pregnancy.... n ya.. the girls oso mega headaches leh!?!

or i damn suay? or..prolly im too bitch or evil a person... it's karma?!?!?

bahahhaha~
 
Zen,
hee it really up to u la cos for me i wan to close shop n retire early dun wanna to go thru all the nite feed etc after 2-3yrs which mean i need to go thru all these over a period of 5-6yrs.. imagine now i only need to suffer for 2-3yr:p n i scare of all the risk like Down symdrome, autism etc tt comes with age...

fatbobo,
actually for us who took epi we feel no pain etc jus tt we go thru the pushin part keke n we see the arrival of our bb... for u i tink u gotta ask ur gynae if ur nex preg can opt for natural anot cos i heard if 1st was c-sect n u opt for natural if u push too hard ur c-sect wound may split internally cos our skin v thick take v long to fully recover.. dunno how true so better check ..
 
bobo: when i was going thru all the pains, pushing, tearing etc... a thought did cross my mind "just cut me open and get her out!!!".. haha..

not going thru 'labour' doesnt mean u aint a mother.. nuturing the babies thru the 9 months of pregnancy and after their birth is what counts.. not the mode of delivery. =)

jul/ zen: hahaa... u two ah.. i had a very smooth pregnancy but tough delivery so i guess thats why i have a easy time with shayna? hahah..


Jul: i also dunno how it feels to have water bag break or consciously know what the 'pop' feeling feels like. Cos when dr tried to break my water with the hook (this part wasnt fun at all. so uncomfortable, even with epi) he said already break liao. i think mine broke when i was peeing and getting ready to go hospital. i think i felt a pop. but didnt know is water break cos peeing mah..
 
bobo

Haha maybe it's bcoz u didn't go thru labour pain? As long as got some lucky break, Baby will not be 'easy"? hahaha

babys

Er.. before epi, I was in too much pain to even think at all. I could only curse & swear at how long the anaesthetist took to come.

Then when I was with epi, I kept counting how many hours I took to dilate x cm.. which means how many more hrs to go.. then will I miss lunch? Can I make it for tea break? What if I miss lunch? Can call room service or not?

During pushing.. too busy to think. Only wanted to murder my hubs coz he kept jerking me, like trying to push the baby out for me muahaha
 
haha..

babyS:: plus... NO breastmilk to BF the babies definitely did not hel....even even more depressed..not being able to bf my bbs....

kns.. my retarded nehnehs!

btw..juz back frm clinic n gotten my blood test result.. hormone (prolactin) is of healthy level leh. dr oso cant tell wat's wrong..n hfta agree with me for hvg a pair of retarded nehs!
 
hahaha~
immediately after pushing, i also thought I'm so going to elect for CS for #2...
I would say that whatever happened in the delivery suite was the worst experience in my life!
its so un-glam too lor... imagine people can and poke at your down there every now and then!
 
Jul/zen

seriously all kids are different. Look at my two kids. They are poles apart even though they look alike. Esp since u got challenge #1, the second one will definitely be better.

Now that my no 2 is older, the 2 kids play together by themselves and dun bother me as much. With one, u need to entertain him.

Jul
I took care of my elder son by myself but all he wanted was daddy too. It's so irritating. Argh. So now I give up. Instead, when my hb comes home, I pass the kids over to him and have 'me time'. Since they want him so much, they can have all of him. Hehehe.
 
BabyS,
hahah after i am in Epi i dun even feel anything when gynae break my water bag wor..

Mashy,
hmm i tink it started when i mention tt afraid my #2 will make me multiple tear again?? lol~~
 
bobo
haha! i guess the moon is always rounder on the other side???

though I manage to BF but I can tell you its super irritating at times lor... makes me consider if I should BF #2
e.g.
- when baby cry at night, I ask my hb why he never wake up. response: I dont have milk what!
- when MIL or anyone is tired of taking care baby or at the slightly fussing, they will throw baby back to me and say: feed him, he is hungry!
 
bobo: hi 5 on that part about not being about to BF... me also... like milking a rock, expecting it to give milk,...

but nvm lah, see our girls also grow up so well.. esp urs! and to think ur dr was worried about the twin to twin transfusion thing.. both of them are so well now!!

mashy: hahaha... yeah, since they like daddy, daddy can have them all to himself!

i think the parts i didnt like about labour were the parts when he tried to break water bag and the 45 mins of pushing to get shayna into the birth canal.. hated it cos like asking me to shit but push so long, nothing come out!!!! still gotta hold for 15 secs some more. i will remmeber for life.. that i yelled at my husband who was counting to COUNT FASTER!!!!
 
piggy
haiz... that time I always prepare 2 bottle of EBM in the fridge one lor and these people esp my MIL can tell me its better to let him drink fresh ones!
 
wah no joke.. i tink if i were in a labour ward trying to deliver a baby....n had to go through 'those' challenges...... i tink the room wld be filled with nasty foul languages..frm my mouth....... confirm! bahahaha~


but hor.. tink back.. dat time when we had not-so-good detail scan results..dat Keona's growth was slowing down...... i was dead worried! immediately go back offc, 'force' my boss to find my replacement..(luckily we had a temp who is finishing her contract at another dept..)..on the spot hand over, pack my stuffs..n start my HL-ML-AL.....till end of the year.

so glad both girls came out with 100g difference only.... n above 2kg!! else, i cant imagine the hosp bill for NICU in glenE. *pheew*
 
bobo

Oh so nothing wrong with your boobs lah?

kiki

Yeah lor! All the nurses & midwife whatever will just lift the blanket & start poking ard down there without as much as an "Excuse me". No dignity

mashy

If Sam wants only Hubs, then it's ok. But not the maid leh
sad.gif


In my optimistic moods, I tell myself #2 can't be any worse than Sam. In my moments of despair, I'll think what if #2 is as bad as Sam???
 
babyS:: i cant rmbr.. i tink i did a minor surgery below at early stage.. cos there swollen n cant walk.....errh..tink had 1wk MC.. then latr on..abt mid-term.. there were dilation n low lying..(was admitted)..so 1wk HL.... n some MCs here n there.. but major de is the 1mth HL frm 31wks (?? cant rmbr nw! haha.)..n c-sec on 36wks.

not alot la. i din really dare to take much MCs.. cos i was oni 1mth into the job whn i got preggy.. n was still on probation mah. oni whn boh bian..den ya... had to take. lala~
 
jul,

high five! i think the same as u. if #2 really worse than ethan, i'd tell my hb to may as well take my life. now i'm already slimmer than before i was preg due to the tiredness etc. can't imagine tat it's going to be worse.

fatbobo,
won't curse & swear in the delivery suite one. i also thot i would then wat will the nurses & gynae think of me? haha! but it was pretty easy for me. just push 3 times & Ethan came out! the gynae even commented tat i looked as if i wasn't in pain. i said ya, no pain at all. probably the epi alreadi kicked in & i've already endured the contractions for so many hours liao.
 
piggy,

i also want to close factory early cos hb & i not young anymore. sigh.... but now he's taking part-time studies, i dunno if i can handle if he can't help out esp during exam period.... sigh....

mashy,

i really hope it's like wat u say, challenging for #1, #2 will be easier to handle.

fatbobo,

so it's really your milk kicking in? then u can start bfing again. hehe.
 
oh man... my hb just asked me whether i'd want a girl or boy for #2. i think he's serious about going for #2 soon. faint.
 
zen:: i dun dare! duno izit consumable milk or not!!! bahaha~ really!

plus..not that much to supply anyways. n..my pump already lent to fren. n..my girls r 'afraid' of my nehs...they will look at it..try to touch it..smtimes squeeze it..smtimes prolly pretend to draw their face near it...but is terrified to put their mouth near it! (guess they find it digsusting....watever).. hahaha.
 

I had a smooth pregnancy, no MS but super LONG delivery!
I was induced on 24th 10am but Ryan came out at 427pm on 25th! Hahaa...he ain't easy now too

Had gastric flu last week..the nauseous feeling was sh*t
Puts me off about planning for #2
 

Back
Top