(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Dear mummies,

As mentioned i am going to finish all clippy and go back to my knitting.
I am charging cheap and postage included.

PM me if interested ya
happy.gif

Regg, been very busy. Can I let you know what I want later.

babyS, wedding band very loose now. I also dun wear jewellery now coz scare scratch the kids like mashy.

Wedding Band
I can wear but feel a bit tight so I wear my hb one on my middle finger (thank god our wedding bands do not look like wedding bands). Both hb and I are not used to wearing the bands.

Regg, will look forward to your headband designs.

Babymaking, thanks for posting the baby day out information again. Hopefully can find parking lot there.

Hi Dear Mummies,

Those clippy i do for passion but realise it is too comparative! too tiring for me to continue.

u may browse thru my webbie choose from existing design or select ribbons of ur choice from my ribbon tray, same price.

Marry Jane Solid Colour : $1.50 for 1 or $2 for 1 pair.
Marry Jane pattern ribbon : $1.50 for 1 or $2.50 for 1 pair.
(rhine stone all can be added with no cost)

Those with cute attachment $2.50/pc or $4 for 1 pair.

Pin Wheel $3 will do.

Local postage included.

reggkong.multiply.com
Regg Hair

i dont usually wear jewellery except for simple ear studs and a necklace with my cross pendant. So far, shayna hasnt grabbed any of these yet. ahha..

Just that i had a dream last night about wearing my wedding band which i wore all the time b4 i was preggie..

then today i tried, still cannot wear...

my band is simple one, will not scratch...

babyja: which one are u organizing the trial for? if no need to crawl i'm interested to send shayna to try.... play & learn or music 1 is fine with me. if wanna organize for both also can! hee..

baby ja,
Yup yup..able to get discounts if we can get big group? Both parents can go in?

babyS,
my ring also simple band, won't scratch..can wear liao
but i dun wear necklace n watch cos ryan loves to tug n bite at it..tink its dirty

re: weaning off latching
ryan has 2 teeth n he bites! Ouch! Any suggestions to prevent him from biting? Or any tips to wean off latching? But prob is he muz latch to sleep

Sharon
My boy also like to bite initially. PAINFUL!!!
Once I even slap his face! Felt quite guilty immediately, but its my reflex action. After that incident, I'm more controlled, just told him with angry voice to stop biting.
seems like he dont bite so often now. his 2front teeth will emerge any time now (super swollen already), hopefully he will not use his new teeth on me!

babyS
haha! you reminded me... I've been wearing the ring since my wedding day until the day my boy was borned. took it out when I went to hospital... need to go look for it. kept it in a very safe place until I cant remember where!

babyS I stopped wearing my ring cos day in and out I am in contact with water and household chores. Save the hassle of taking it off and on. Only wore it when we go for outings.

Feeding Chicken Rice to Baby
Mommies, just yesterday, we + baby gal were having our dinner at Long House Thomson. If you see an Ah Pek (looks like an endearing Grandpa) feeding chicken rice to a 8-mth old baby , will you go forward and tell the Uncle that he cannot feed such food to babies? *heart pain for the cute baby boy...

My guy did. He was more concerned that the baby will get choked rather than 'cannot eat'. We were also having chicken rice and find that the rice is alittle dry and hard. So he say nicely to Ah Pek but later was slapped left right up down, 'verbally' by the Uncle. *so drama.

Maybe if I approach Ah Pek with my baby gal, Ah Pek will sound alittle nicer.

Gin Oh, actually my 8 month old daughter can handle rice already, but it's "well done" rice, not dry/hard. Guess that skill will vary from baby to baby. But i agree that chicken rice is too oily and salty for babies.

gin oh> i've fed my boy rice when he was 7mths too. off cos not alot at a time. juz abit to let him taste the texture. maybe few grains at a time.

baby ja - i am keen in the gymboree.

you may also wan to check out bibinogs. heard they are not bad too. located in serene centre and ue square.

Sunshine & Michelle
Yeah, my sumo bb gal can handle rice too but must be slightly more cooked than firm. Guess its really different for all babies. Actually was surprised my guy approached Ah Pek, cos usually he is more of the chilled(as all guys are). Think Fatherhood changed him! LOL. Frankly, do you find that your guys have changed ever since the baby comes along?

Just got back from Phuket, a last minute trip w/o baby... omg its so different from Bangkok. So serene and peaceful. Found that there are a couple of nice brands for baby clothing. Mommies, can I ask if you all usually buy bb clothings online or offline?

While heading to snorkel, saw a few Ang Moh mommies bringing their little baby out to the sea and dip in the cool salty water. It's hilarious to see the baby kept sticking out his tongue and try to taste the salt water. The expression — priceless!

Can't wait to bring mine to the sea too! It will be so fun. Mommies have you planned where your next vacation trip will be? Mine will be Taiwan! Anyone went to Taiwan before?

Gin Oh, wah! without baby some more!! shiok! i love Phuket but when i went there, had no plans for baby so didn't look at or see any baby stuff actually.

my next holiday will either be in San Diego or back in Singapore. no concrete plans, just hoping. doing sleep training now so don't dare to plan until her sleeping is more settled.

during my bath this morning, i noticed a blister on my nipple. it doesn't hurt but i'm a bit worried about infection if it breaks. i would express out but my baby doesn't take a bottle so if i don't latch her, she'll get no milk. how ah?

baby day out - not going

anyone wanna take over my slot?

not gog coz sam got cough n blocked nose. dun wanna infect the other babies.

so poor thing, the lil fellow. last nite he woke up n cried from 1 - 2am coz he cudn't breathe. resorted to the nose drops n he fell asleep after that. i'm soooo tired.

baby's day out
Date: 17 April 2010
Time: 2pm - 5pm
Venue: The Little Skool-House At Tampines-Junction
Address:300 Tampines Ave 5 #04-02/03/04 Tampines Junction Singapore 529653
map link as attached:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_8811/travel_site_84123/

Please sign in at the registration desk there with the details you emailed me earlier.

See you mummies there. (Please identify yourself if you recognise me, cos i am really bad with faces and names)

if anyone last minute want to go but have not registered yet, feel free to call me at 97364942 as there are still 2 available slots.

Gin
My next trip with BB is in 1 week time, going to Beijing.
happy.gif

I'm those that will lag bb anywhere I go type. My hb is already dreaming of playing golf with the boy. As soon as my boy can stand, he will buy those kids golf set for him... Crazy one!

I usually buy clothes online!
happy.gif

kikilala
haha, my friend bought a kids golf set for her son too, and specially ordered the left hand version coz he's a lefthander! That's what I call passion
happy.gif

gin> i usually buy babies clothes online. so much cheaper n since they are so small. no need worry abt fitting or not =p

Gin,

Sad to say, no ... fatherhood doesn't changed my hub. I think there isn't any changes to his lifestyle/schedule. As far as i'm concerned, he's had it easy, and other than financial sacrifices, which is normal for the extra spending on bb, i dun see any sacrifices or commitment from him.

So, i'm gonna 'chope' ovann all for myself
happy.gif

Claire.

3" pinwheel $3 will do
happy.gif

Argh! so boring in the office..have to stay here till 5.30pm some more...
new Marry Jane, Special price 1 for $1.50/$2.50 for 1 pair.

3866693.jpg

pegsfur
My husband's worse... no financial sacrifices even. I always told him that he is in his own dream world. he is living in China and only get to see bb once a month.

soon baby will be more mobile and can start to plan for weekend activities. that's when its easier for dad to join in...

Re: fatherhood

Oh dear, it's sad when the daddies still haven't realised that life has changed for them and it's no longer just abt them.

Maybe u need to nudge your hbs a bit to get them more involved? And dun nag at how they do it, so long as they get it done.

U know, it's sad, but many times, it's the children the draw a couple apart. They take up all the mother's time who sacrificed everything for them. Then the daddy (the other kid who refused to grow up) think that they are ignored and act like spoilt kids, refusing to cancel a golf game, a night club outing, a drink with the friends. The marriage that stays strong are those who have the same goals. If the two start to have different ideas of a perfect family life, things can come apart.

Fatherhood & Motherhood
When I was pregnant, my hb turned down all overseas golf games. I lent my golf club set to my friend since I cant play. When baby comes out, daddy also stops playing golf. Only once a while playing with company and vendors. Lacking practice, he always didnt play well in the games. So I encourage him to play golf to relax and to be able to socialize better. He also make it a point to make sure he is with the family when we need him. I think both father and mother must grow up together especially with a new member in the family. My hb paid all family expenses including my phone bills and credit cards. I only spend my own money shopping in the internet.

Babymaking,
Thanks for coordinating the baby day out. My family has a wonderful time there. All of us are so tired after the event. In fact, my hb asks me if there will be more of such event. Thanks!

Gymboree Trial
Mummies who are interested in the trial class, let me know which day do u prefer. Sunday? She can open 1 private class for us if can gather about 8-9 babies.. Both parents can join in..
As for discount, oni applicable for the package if at least 5 babies sign up for the package + a free music class..

kiki,
But at least u can console yourself that it isn't becos he doesn't want, but rather, he can't since he's in overseas. Mine is right here with me but it doesn't make any difference if he's at home or not.

mashy
Yup, it's very sad. I do find that our goals in life has changed and sometimes i find that even our 'frequency' isn't the same anymore.

Sometimes, its not that i dun encourage him or nudge him to be committed to bb. E.g, if we are going for clasess like last week's kindermusik, he'll oblige and go with us but it's more like he's only the chauffeur to bring us there. We had breakfast there, window shopped a bit den went for the class. But since only 1 parent allowed to accompany kid, i suggest i go in lah. I was expecting him to be outside, curious to see what we are doing, or whether Ovann enjoyed the class.

But no, all the while i see so many daddies outside, busy squeezing among the crowd and taking pics. I din see him around. When i asked him why he's not there, he said too many people crowding around. Fine. But i think if u r really interested in what your precious son is doing, u'll squeeze your fat bum just to get a glimpse of wat he's doing. It's quite depressing.

Really sian lah ... nowadays i dun even feel like telling him whenever Ovann learnt something new. I was more excited telling it to my mum than him
sad.gif

mashy,
totally agree with u!

BB,
wow...ur hb pay for everything? so good

re: baby's day out
too bad cant go...
sad.gif

seems like u all had fun!
in the end, hb kenna recall today! spoil all plans...sianz

baby ja,
i prefer sat...else sun later afternoon
happy.gif

Gin, your hb is really wonderful to "stand up" for the little baby. Some grandparents are simply clueless to do crazy things such as feeding a 8 mth old with such oily and salty stuff!

kiki, no financial sacrifices as in your hb doesn't pay for your boy's stuff? Gotta take some money from him monthly leh even if its a small sum... its a daddy's responsibility to upkeep the kids. I always tell my hb that its his job to pay for everything, not mine :p

pegsfur, think u mentioned before that when your hb doesn't know how to get involved, he will jus not do anything. Mb he need some advise on how he can be involved? You can give him a list of things he should do for u and Ovann?

Baby's Day out
Mommies, its pretty heartwarming to meet up with you all at Baby's Day out event. Learn new and interesting facts on not adding too much potatoes/pumpkin/sweet potatoes to porridge. Too much carbs is bad. To sum it up, the best bet is to eat everything in moderation la. (I'm sure most of us grew up eating that made by our loving Mums.)

Even back home, we're still bewildered with Sandy's little bundle of joy. Flip crawl walk, you name it for an 8mth cherubic baby! Come on, who can crawl and stand up during a crawling contest. She deserved a Special Talent Award. ^__^

Sunshine
Where are you located now?
Blister on nipple sounds so fragile. Is it painful or itchy. This kind of situation, I usually leave it alone unless it burst or itchy.

Babiesmeme
Its possible to conceive when you have menses. Not too sure about breastfeeding but I conceived my sumo baby gal and still had my menses that time. She is a sneaky little one. Its odd but wondrous!

Kikilala
WOW Beijing! Are you going to see the Bird Nest too?

Jul
Aiyoh, how is Sam now?

Parenthood
I think there are times that either one of us would show disinterested behaviors when it comes to certain activities related to our little buds. Afterall, Man and Woman are from different planets. haha.

Frankly, my guy does not fancy such event like the Baby's Day Out but he still went because he appreciate the fact that I took time to find such event (special thanks to babymaking!). And he said its a great time for baby to play with each other. If you ask him to sit down and read books to sumo baby, he probably will doze off. He tried a few times and he said that the reading is making him sleepy instead. lol. He tried singing but failed utterly — Sumo baby cries! Its hilarious when he start singing. I find it excruciating on my ears and I bet that is the worst noise that sumo baby have heard in this world. She prefer the noise of cars and buses. LOL.

I guess all of us are not perfect la. We had our bad hair days and grumpy Monday Blues. A short getaway trip (my guy enjoys massages so gonna plan the next massage trip) helps alot to reconnect on our short/long term goals and retirement plans. Sometimes we get so absorbed in the daily chores of caring for baby till we lose sight of what we originally wanted to achieve for the year.

Anyways, came across an uplifting read on 'A Happier You'.

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Eckhart-Tolles-10-Powerful-Insights-to-a-Happier-You

Gin
thanx. Is reali very funny to c my monster crawl half way stand up n she can even look ard *faint*
so happy to talk to u jux now hope can meet up wif u again. Luv ur baby's eye so pretty
happy.gif

fatherhood
I always nag at my hubby to take care baby aft confinement in the end we always quarrel but slowly he will look aft baby w/o me asking onli some time not up to mine expectation hehe.

Babymaking - tks for organising the baby's day out. enjoyed the session and was great to meet up with some of the the mommies.

baby ja - i am ok for gymboree on sat or sun afternoon.

gin oh - didnt see u at the event today? or perhaps we met but didnt know who's who.

Gin Oh, i am in LA

Mashy, i agree with u about not nagging at husband so long as he is somehow involved with baby.

Pegsfur, i think men need encouragement.

what i do is this:-
i am always counting down to the time when my husband comes home, and i know he's tired also but it's important that he spends time with baby. Plus, i really need a break.

So every time i hear him open the door, i will say very excitedly to baby, "yay! Papa's home!" then we will rush to the door. this always makes my baby laugh out loud. so i tell my husband that baby is always so happy to see him (which i think is true, but i encourage her expressing it), then he feels very happy.

Then i will make him sit down with her while I prepare dinner or whatever.

I make it a point to praise my husband's involvement. Sometimes i tell my baby (in front of my husband), "Papa's so fun, right?"

i think it helps my husband to know that baby enjoys spending time with him.

Since the baby was born, i've also made it a point to try all my husband's suggestions and to never criticise what he did. I think all these help him feel more confident about being a father.

Having said that, i am still the one doing the yucky stuff like changing diapers lah.
happy.gif

Back