(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

hahaha....

eh, i've seen cake as thin as sashimi b4 ok... we literally can just lick the cake off the napkin.. haha...

Michell,

Little M has been on oral medication for 2 weeks. Her PD gave her mucuosolven which effectively cured her lungs off phlegm and her ear infection after 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I gave her lots of BM.

I also took precautions, I did not wash her hair for her bath in the evening. Used to do that, but stopped after she fell ill. I think that helped.

Michelle, think when they only specially make the cake, it will be more costly as compare to bakeries, etc. But we find that the cake was really nice, light and yummy. So far, have no regret ordering from home bakery.

re: cupcakes

Have to check with the baker if there's a min order. That time i ordered cookies for Ovann's 1st mth celebration, there's a min order of 30pcs .... i guess cupcakes too? For my cookies, 1 pc $2.50, add in delivery charge, total cost me $90 for the 30pcs leh.

This is the lady who did the cookies for me http://bakingyummies.wordpress.com/

hi kikilala, i read that you gave your bb cheese. cheese is from cow's milk. I want to feed mine cheese too but remember that we can't give bb cow's milk untill after 1 yr old. yes? no?

I read from Asian Parent post that we should not introduce processes cheese to babies. try other forms of cheese mozarella, parmesan, cottage, gouda etc

bbq98
I read before and I think Mashy also posted the link here (should be from babycentre... cant remember exactly... keke!)
cheese is aged and processed, so its kinda breakdown, not exactly the same as cow's milk. some cheese is from goat's milk though

Actually my concern is that during the making of cheese, salt is usually added. so I just give moderate... like 1 cube a day only.

bbq98
Hope this will be helpful. You can also google it.
happy.gif

http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-eat-cheese_1368504.bc

btw, my hb and me have no history of allergy. my boy had not shown allergy reaction to any of the food introduced so far.
I think it really depends on how ready your bb is. we are only 4mth to go to the big ONE

kikilala - PD also says 3 shots but it all depends when your baby start the 1st jab.

How much is the poon huat baking lesson? Tot of attending it.

mati lah, neither or i didnt claim for the parenthood relief. my hubby only claim for the child relief of $4k while i claim the working mother child relief of 15%. i also miss out the grandparent caregiver relief.

wonder what else have i missed out???

kikilala> but prob is it's jap restaurant chawamushi, n seriously alot of added stuffs inside =x

pegsfur> my son eyes my food when i eat. but when i feed him his cereal. he gets fussy n dun eat. i feed him cereal he stares at my food -_-

pneumococcal> think after 6mths old is 3jabs. before 6mths old is 4jabs
happy.gif

jeni> all babies are diff i suppose. i remember my son refuse to sit by himself or rather, pretend he cant sit by himself. so i ask pd, den pd say if 9mths still cant sit den we worry =p

ya, so juz give ur son some time. when i went pd, one lady told me her son only manage to walk at 16mths. after he started walking, she wish her son cant walk yet. haha. cos now got to chase =x

cake> get a 6" cake to take photo. than serve de guest a nicer tasting but not so nice looking cake =p

phy*o*> everytime i take care of my boy, he gets better. but de moment send him to ifc n come hm, he gets sick agn. zzz

pris> so u ordered from tat auntyochana? if really nice den i can consider buying the 2tier ba. but enugh for 80 guest? =x

eunice> email them or resubmit lo. i at first nv claim the 5k relief oso. de 5k is tax money 5k to offset ur tax for the nxt few yrs or if u pay high, den 1yr leh =p

den de caregiver relief i oso forget submit so i email them.

in fact i bought a philip mini blender two weeks ago but so lazy to use hahaha
3857312.jpg

I use the sieve the press the pumpkin very smooth but very tedious to wash after that.
so use metal fork on pocelain bowl or plastic bowl? hehehe

michelle, I order from another home baker but have tasted Auntyochano's cake b4, yummy, I also used some of her recipes for baking like banana cake but I modified a little as we do not take too much sugar.

Kai's 1st birthday, we order 2 huge ice-cream cakes, now over in Oz, think we only celebrate on our own or with a couple of close friends so I will bake my own for Kai, Ray & Dh.

Cheese

I only cheese I give Ray is cottage cheese, other cheese I will wait till one.

For those who forgot to claim certain rebate or relief can try to refile. IRAS (e-file) allow u to amend within 14 days of submission...

happy.gif

bbq98: but formula milk is also cow's milk what..

I think when they say dont give cow's milk to baby b4 1 yr, they are referring to fresh milk..

babiesmeme: I use metal sieve.. but if i steam and puree stuff with blender i dont bother to sieve..

Hi Mummies, good morning!

I want to check whether your dear babies pee pee during the night or night. My DD doesn't pee since 9pm in the night till next morning 6-7am. What's more in between he has 3 bottles of milks. When wake up in the morning, he pees a lot. During day time he pee quite freqently. I wonderly whether this kind of habit good or bad. Will it affect health of his bladder and kidney?

Does any mummy have similar experience and worry? Please share. Thanks

babiesmeme: kiwi i read, might cause oral allergy (as in too citrus, might cause skin irritation around the mouth area).... i think it said to start after 1yr..

mummies.. i got a issue. My daughter was having viral fever over the weekend.

Saturday she was fine, had one episode of water stools.

Sunday and monday had fever, went to KK. nothing found, so just sent home with panadol.

no new food given. SUnday and monday she had only milk. Tuesday onwards she had her usual one cereal/ porrdige meal a day.

Up till today, she still has her watery stools. Literally water. but its only once a day, and colour is brownish/ yellowish, as per normal. She is a bit sian sian, but dunno if its the effect of the virus or she tired or the stools.. but intake still generally ok, urine ok, drinking lots of water.

but its not really diarrhoea cos its only once a day!

so how ah?

Today will let her eat apple cos i read it can help with diarrhoea.. thought of bringing her to the PD tonight..

hi bb
parenthood relief: you have indicate the percentage not the amount i put my hub as 100%. As for qualifying child relief, you have indicate the amount. we have submitted last week. hope it helps

donkeymami: yeah that has crossed my mind, but its literally like water leh...

then it started on sat, the day b4 the fever... but so farnie leh, once a day only..

babyS
dunno if this will help, but last time our kids had diarrhoea, we gave them rice porridge water (the 'am') and it helped. I know shayna's only 1x a day, but i suppose u can try if u want.

lily
That sounds like gd news, can save on night-time diapers
happy.gif

liz
I'll try to make it for playgroups if I can. Only problem is I'm all the way over at west coast
happy.gif

jul_04
Paiseh, took so long to tt for the tupp. just did it. Thanks! I also PM zen to let her know.

Titles available:
1) Top 100 baby purees 130pg $5.75
2) The Healthy baby meal planner 208pg $7.70
3) complete family meal planner 193pg $7.33
all by Annabel karmel
4) Easy gourmet baby food 258pg $15.40
Total: $36.18

Rec Pymt
1) babymaking - 1,2,3& 4
2) Jul - 3 & 4 - rec pymt
3) baby ja - 1, 2 & 4 - rec pyt
4) piggytoh - 2 & 4 - rec pymt
6) Sophia - 1, 2 & 4 - rec pymt
8) pegsfur - 2&3 - rec pyt
9)patricia - 2 & 4 - rec pymt
10)sharon - 2&4 - rec pymt
11) joyful - 2&4 - rec pymt
13) eboey - 2 & 4 - rec pymt
14) daph - 2,3,4 - rec pymt
17) su - 1 & 4 - rec pymt

Collection mtd : SELF COLLECTION

<font color="ff6000">Not yet paid - pls advise if you want to drop order. will drop order if there is no response by tomorrow (Fri) 3pm.</font>

5) Kitty - 2 &amp; 4
7) Dolce - 2&amp;4
12) liz - 2 &amp; 4
15)msbean - 2 &amp; 4
16) zen -2 &amp; 3

Collection of the books is from my place at Sembawang 5 working days after order is place. I will only place order once all payment has been recieved.

Postage is possible but will be at own expense.

Please transfer to POSB Savings 003-20976-8 and email [email protected] with the transaction number &amp; let me know your collection method.

hi the og sale philips avent blender look exactly like mine posted on top (green), aiyo should wait longer bought two weeks ago at $60.

Hi babymaking,

can i add in the order since you have not printed. I have just done the transfer of $. Thanks alot.

Titles available:
1) Top 100 baby purees 130pg $5.75
2) The Healthy baby meal planner 208pg $7.70
3) complete family meal planner 193pg $7.33
all by Annabel karmel
4) Easy gourmet baby food 258pg $15.40
Total: $36.18

Rec Pymt
1) babymaking - 1,2,3&amp; 4
2) Jul - 3 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
3) baby ja - 1, 2 &amp; 4 - rec pyt
4) piggytoh - 2 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
6) Sophia - 1, 2 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
8) pegsfur - 2&amp;3 - rec pyt
9)patricia - 2 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
10)sharon - 2&amp;4 - rec pymt
11) joyful - 2&amp;4 - rec pymt
13) eboey - 2 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
14) daph - 2,3,4 - rec pymt
17) su - 1 &amp; 4 - rec pymt
18) cindyshoa -1,2,3,4 -

Collection mtd : SELF COLLECTION

Not yet paid - pls advise if you want to drop order. will drop order if there is no response by tomorrow (Fri) 3pm.

5) Kitty - 2 &amp; 4
7) Dolce - 2&amp;4
12) liz - 2 &amp; 4
15)msbean - 2 &amp; 4
16) zen -2 &amp; 3

Collection of the books is from my place at Sembawang 5 working days after order is place. I will only place order once all payment has been recieved.

Postage is possible but will be at own expense.

Please transfer to POSB Savings 003-20976-8 and email [email protected] with the transaction number &amp; let me know your collection method.

RE: caregiver relief

errhhh...
those whose's bbs are in infant care...did u(working mums) claim for it?
i didn't cos i thot the govt will be able to check that if our bbs are really taking care by grands?
since we are taking the subsidy?

kikilala
Re: pneumococcal

did the clinic which you go tell u about it? the clinic assisstant told me that the next dose for pneumococcal is at 12 months leh. maybe the manufacturer want to earn more money annd add in a extra dose? *Shrug*

BabyS

yes, give rice water. And since diarrhoea, stop all solids as it will only aggravate it. U need to rest the stomach. U can also give lacteol forte and smecta. That's what my PD gave us whenever my kids have diarrhoea. Lacteol forte is probiotics.

Back