hi gals
in a quandary now - still the same situation with bb heartbeat dropping till very low during a contraction. the thing is..it doesn't happen with every contraction, and so far bb hb rebounces back quickly.
now we got to make a decision as to whether to continue monitoring in hospital, or discharge & go back daily for CTG monitoring till as long as possible.
we went for 2nd & 3rd opinions in private sector and both gynaes said...no need for hospitalisation...but we are paranoid that the next contraction..bb hb won't rebounce and by the time we realise that..we are too far from the hospital to do any intervention.
we came up with the following scenarios...if you were in my shoes, which option would you choose?
Option 1
discharge now at week 33 & monitor daily CTG at hospital/clinic & a) deliver at week 34 (risking pre term) or b) deliver at week 35/36 (less pre term risks)
Option 2
remain in hospital till week 34 & deliver at week 34
option 3
remain in hospital as long as possible till week 36 or even further and deliver then.
Which option will you choose? option 1a, 1b, 2 or 3?
in a quandary now - still the same situation with bb heartbeat dropping till very low during a contraction. the thing is..it doesn't happen with every contraction, and so far bb hb rebounces back quickly.
now we got to make a decision as to whether to continue monitoring in hospital, or discharge & go back daily for CTG monitoring till as long as possible.
we went for 2nd & 3rd opinions in private sector and both gynaes said...no need for hospitalisation...but we are paranoid that the next contraction..bb hb won't rebounce and by the time we realise that..we are too far from the hospital to do any intervention.
we came up with the following scenarios...if you were in my shoes, which option would you choose?
Option 1
discharge now at week 33 & monitor daily CTG at hospital/clinic & a) deliver at week 34 (risking pre term) or b) deliver at week 35/36 (less pre term risks)
Option 2
remain in hospital till week 34 & deliver at week 34
option 3
remain in hospital as long as possible till week 36 or even further and deliver then.
Which option will you choose? option 1a, 1b, 2 or 3?