(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

mashy, true tat's why we dun intend to store one thing also the cost involve.

but my fren's SIL she stored for her bb but both parents got Thalassemia.
 


irene

that's great! at least meet when we're having gynae's appt not so inconvenient. Imagine have to go kkh just to meet them, so leh chey, think many pp also dun wanna donate liao. haha.
 
but private bank dun care de la..as long as you got $ to store they jz store for u..no matter ur blood cord good or not since is at ur own costs..unlike public cord bank
 
donkeymani

then your friend's SIL got money to burn lor. Both parents thalassemia, so means the kid is a major lor. Big prob. May need blood transfusion...

cloudme, not sure leh, maybe can call SCBB to check? They didn't ask abt siblings, just me, my hb &#1, but i think the detailed interview may include that. So better ask first...
 
cloudme, i thk if parents & bb's sibling hv G6PD then cannot donate..if ur sis got then u & ur hubby dun hv they shd b accept.
 
mashy, no le..glad tat the bb is a thalasemia minor so is consider healthy bb..no nit blood transfusion. mayb tat's why they store her cord blood bah.
 
cloudme

does her bb have thalassemia? Coz there's still chance that bb doesn't have if only 1 parent has it. But if bb also has, then really waste money storing cord blood.
 
I got minor thalaseemia thou my hb dun have. I think I will consult for my gynae and see what he advise... and also ask him whether got charge for him to store the cord. Highly suspect there is since he is so ex :p
 
hmmm,
my #1 time...
my gynae come to me and ask me to donate to her for research purpose but can't remember is it the cord blood...
that time, they never draw blood from me leh?
 
i didn't store my cord blood for my #1 leh..

coz i read somewhere that if u're storing the cordblood or donating.. the moment bb comes out, they will clam the cord already and its not very good coz if u leave the cord not clam for longer periods of time, eg, 3-5mins, it will actually benefit your bb more.. before u cut the cord..

jac,

where to see the link for the pooh bag? can share?
happy.gif
 
donkeymani

if got thalasemia, even though minor, then the cord blood also no good lor... Better to get a 3rd party's cord blood, prob will have better survival if anything happens.
 
donkeymami, i do not know what is G6PD until i had my #1 @.@

So the first time when PD told me that my #1 could be a G6GP i was so sad....
 
mashy, ic.

shirley, ur #1 is boy or gal? heard boy got higher chance to inherent all these like G6PD & Thalassemia.

PD will do blood test for bb after birth to chk if bb got G6PD cos i also worry my bb wil hv cos daddy is a G6PD.
 
mashy,
me not sure...cos she never tell us...

but hor both parents are A+ blood and her #1 is O+ blood...so rare loh...
(we all only know of her #1 blood grp, when her #1 is been admitted to KKH a few mths back)
b4 that even the doc also can't confirm what blood grp her #1 is having(her parents also can't confirm)

her #2 now also dun know which blood grp...
maybe #2 follow #1...

anyway, maybe #2 is a boy that's why she feel that it's important to store #2's cord blood...
 
if got G6PD cant eat the broad beans (can find from those india kacang putih)& alergic to medicine for melaria tat's why hubby during NS is under airforce cant go into jungle like army.
 
jul,
the promo still on.. hmm now i so KS leh.Wan to get the wan with the baby 1 for my own use than the colourland I find it good as when go out with HB he can carry than I also like the pooh 1 cos is cute.. buy 3 a bit crazy rite.. how..
 
cloudme

how come the dr took so long to confirm that bb is O+ leh? actually like we said, cord blood is more for sibling. So she store #2's cord blood, can only help save #1.
 
donkeymami,
boy higher chance of getting those from parents?

my sis #1 is a boy so she only know she is a G6PD carrier when her boy is out...
and yes her boy is allergic to nearly all kind of medicine...

oh no, that means for mtbs with boys ...
we have to worry about G6PD etc since boys have higher chance of kenna?
 
jacqueline

At first I was looking at either Pooh or Colorland. Coz I wanted something light & smaller so that I can bring it out by myself on short trips.

HB said the Colorland one colour not nice, get the Pooh one, so I decided to get Pooh.

Then I got tempted by the Carters D1, b/c it's big & can put a lot of things. And b/c it's $25 leh, go where & find?

I've been doing some shipping ard, & the bags in the shops are all like $100+ one. Very heartpain to buy leh.
 
donkeymami,

My #1 is boy.

Since the mother is the carrier, there is 50/50% to pass to the next generation whether or not it is a baby boy or girl.
 
jul,
that means get all 3 for less than $100 is okie la.. now my hubby not in spore.. later he come back see i order so many bags think he will say i anyhow spend.. haha
 
Cosco Car Seat

I finally got down to checking out my SILs' car seat. No manufacturing date leh, so I can't tell how old it is. But it was from her first child who has just turned 6, so must be abt 5 yrs old right?

Someone was saying dunno which nrand is made in China. Is this the one?
 
shirley, so i equal chance la..

cloudme, ya lor why PD cannot cfm bb blood group? i thk possible even both parents are A+ blood but their bb is O+ blood lor..oli both parent O blood then bb will be O blood for sure..wun b A, B or AB blood.
 
jacqueline

Haha i know what u mean. My HB also get very worked up when I buy a lot of stuff. But he doesn't get it that it's all SMALL stuff.

For eg, yest I bot some small pack of Angel wipes, & 3 packs of J&J wipes to try. He was asking why I bot so much.. have I spent all my pay cheque for this mth? But my purchases less than $20 mah haha. I think the no. of items just scare him lah.

But I wun buy 3 lah. I may just get the Carters one in addition to the Pooh one.
 
jul

cosco's from usa. but heard there's some older cosco car seats which were recalled previously. U may wanna double check the model and those recalled.

did u see the back of the car seat? It's usually embossed on the carseat itself.
 
mashy

U mean the model no is embossed on the back of the car seat? Or the manufacturing date embossed?

I was only looking out for stickers.

Then something very funny.. The seat can only have 2 positions, cannot recline all the way down. And one sticker says for forward facing, from 9kg onwards (which is correct).

Then got another sticker says for rear-facing, from 2.2 to 9 kg. But it doesn;t say whether that particular seat can be rear-facing. Darn confusing leh.
 
mashy

Btw where can I check the recalled models? Just Cosco website? But if the recall was a few yrs ago, will the website still show the list?
 
jul

haha, your hb will be in a greater shock when the bb is here. My hb and I used to think it's crazy to buy 4 packs of diapers, 8 tins of milk powder at 1 go. But after having my boy, we realised we need to stock up on these things, if not we'll be making weekly trips to the supermarket to get these. NOw i buy the bb stuff in bulk. Whether wipes or diapers. Now i've 1 big box of angel wipes in storage, 1 big box (4 packs) nepia diapers. hehehe. Sometimes if u buy small qty, u actually waste more money. Better to buy bulk when there's a sale.
 
jul

the expiry date of the car seats. usually convertibles have 3 positions at least. Yours must be damn old.

u can do a search online for recalled models. I did a search lately and it can be easily found. Just type cosco with model eg scenaro etc.
 
Mashy, I don't mind going down if I don't have a toddler. But now with so many people falling sick, better avoid all these areas.

Pegsfur, according to the website its about 1hr for the interview. The 1st time I donated, I went to KKH to meet them and I think we were there for 1hr.
Just now when I called them, they did a fast one with me but also took like 10mins.
 
mashy,
we also dun know...
i know my #1's blood grp since the day she born(delivered in ESH)...
but for her #1 dunno why take so long to determine(she delivered in SGH)
ask her a few times, all they answer is they dun know as SGH doc never confirm...

my #1 took 1/2 from me and 1/2 from daddy...
so it's a mixture...
 
cloudme

oh, i think it's coz the public hospitals don't test the blood group! I remember some mothers were telling me previously abt how they didn't know their kids' blood group and they all delivered at public hospitals. Those who delivered at pte hospitals all knew.
 
mashy

Oh.. Ok I go back & check again for the expiry date. And thanks for the advice on the recalled models too.

Yeah coz 2 positions only, I suspect it's not meant for NB. I rem SIL also said before that not suitable for NB lor.

Haha I have 2 packs of Nepia NB diapers, 1 pack of Mamy Poko S diapers, 4 packs of Pigeon Lanolin wipes, 11 packs of Pigeon chamomile wipes, 3 packs of J&J wipes, 5 small packs of J&J travel wipes, & 6 small packs of Angel travel wipes. I think I better stop obsessing abt wipes hahaha.
 
sunshineG

same thing, i had to get one that he's likely to carry just in case. I don't want to be the only one lugging the bags all the time.
 
mashy,

thats true... i also used to laugh at parents who's who trolley is filled with milk powder and diapers when i didn't have any kids..

now with #1.. i also do the same!!! when pampers or milk on offer.. i'll buy by the cartons! hahahaha.. what goes around comes around i guess?

now NUTC got bb fair.. going on tues with my fil to get the milk, baby laundry detergent and washing liquid... coz fil is senior citizen.. can get additional 2% off..
happy.gif
 

jul..

thats a lot of wipes!!! anyway in hospital.. u'll get 2 packs of pampers nb diapers too.. so dun have to worry..

oh.. and by the way.. if any of ur relatives going to taiwan.. the pampers nb diapers there are much cheaper..

got my friend to get it for me and its about $0.20 a piece only.. compared to sg $0.40 a piece.. half price...
 

Back
Top