(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs


Aiyah I think I am very cheapo.. I already bot 5-for-$5 Hush Puppies disposable cotton panties. But being cheapo, I went to get 5-for-$3.95 ones again from Watsons yest - for confinemtn lady to wash a few times then throw away. Also bot the paper disposable ones for wear in the hosp before the confinement lady comes. So cheapo hor? hahaha
 
regg,
Haha .. i've also been putting off the massage as too lazy to go. But now the aches are getting terrible and since hubby will be home later to wait for the bb's dresser to arrive, and i can't be at home when they arrive (hubby pantang), might as well use this time to go massage
happy.gif


jul
Hahha .. can lah .. the supermarket is just opp my office. Just dun buy too heavy stuff lor .. i managed to carry 1 pkt of coffee, 2 pkt of milo, 1 tin of biscuit and 5 pkt of disposable cups. Still ok lah
happy.gif


Speaking of mil, she's been keeping off my back ever since i told her i dun want her money to buy the 'kah-long' for bb
happy.gif
 
jul,
ya.. my hubby also like that.. mayb woman and man think diff la.. cheap can buy ma save money.. that time i also see baby wipes got promo. but i already got it liao la.. than i wanted to buy he will say hse have liao no need buy.. anyway like wat Mashy say must wait till bb arrival than they will noe.. hee
 
pegsfur,
oh ok, take care ya
happy.gif
now i walk also need to hold my tummy, feel like dropping! i alraedy hit 75kgs! argh.. later going to gynae after lunch sure more then 75kgs on the clinic's scale!
 
piggy

That's why I intend to wear only for the 2 days in hosp lor, then change to cotton ones when I'm back home. Worse come to worse, I wear the cotton ones also if the paper one are that bad. Coz if I can't make use of the paper ones for post-delivery, I can keep for other uses like travelling.

Bcoz hor.. now Watsons having discount. $2.95 for 14pcs (2 packs of 7), so I gian cheap & buy lor :p

pegsfur

Wah that's a lot wor. Yest I bot 6 small paks of wipes & 3 big packs & I already found it so heavy.

heehee oh yeah I rem u mentioned she tried to give u $$ that time.

jacqueline

But it's also true that sometimes we women tend to go overboard with sales lah. Spending money b/c it's cheap, not that we really need.

Oh I saw ur question abt getting disc for the diaper bags. No disc lah, other MTBs also asked before. She said her margin very low, so cannot give disc. Maybe if u buy 20, then can disc? haha

regg, pegsfur

I also need to hold my tummy when I walk, like soo heavy! I think I shd have put on maybe ard 10kg too.
 
Piggytoh/Regg, nowadays the disposable panties is very cloth-like one. Somemore got for maternity one meaning bigger size. Can get at JL.I bought so much from previous pregnancy so this round no need to buy liao.
 
i believe the washing machine will do a far cleaner job than me. anyway, i don't have confinement lady, n can't bear to make my MIL do any more (she's too nice for words)...

i need to go buy disposable undies too...
 
Haha seems like I started a disposable panties buying spree hor?

Anyone got lobangs for making curtains? Coz me renp-ing MBR. Will have to make curtains for the room, as previously I was using those roller blinds.
 
Jul
Ooh .. luckily i'm back now cos it just started raining. Mmmm .. cos my office just nearby so i only need to walk a short distance, still can manage lah. I walk damn slow lor, even at the road divider, i make sure absolutely no cars at the 2 lanes liao then i cross.
happy.gif


bear
U bot maternity size de ah? I actually dun like big big size de leh ... like got excess material at the buttocks area ... like got excess VPL
proud.gif
 
Pegsfur, last round I put alot of weight so I bought some maternity size. Wah lao..so big can hide chicken inside lor. Think can pass to my mum to wear lah.
 
bear,

Hahhaa .. really can hide chicken ah?
happy.gif
I just bot from ntuc those cotton type, got 2 patterns lah, 1 is the ah-mah big type, and the other is the normal low waist de. I got the low waist one cos my usual lai-kor oso low waist de
happy.gif
But i bot only 2 pkts ... cos i want to wear my normal lai kor after i finished these 2 pkts .. and make my mil angry cos she say lai kor wear for confinement is considered as 'lah-sup'. Heh .. i purposely want to wear leh
happy.gif
 
Pegsfur, hahaha...I think got excess at the backside lah. But whether its chick or chicken I dunno lah.
TMC will give you this white colour net net underwear to wear after you deliver. The nurse will tell you to bring back and wash and continue using. Its very good one...can keep the pad in place and I heard can hold your womb.
 
hello mummies..

went to see baby yesterday.. she is 1.7kg at 32 weeks, head turn down liao.. past 2 days i feel a big bump at the part where my stomach used to be.. then i think it was her backside.. it really is her backside.. she's head down and facing my back.. Do babies change position after they do head down?

OH and thank God my amniotic fluids which was borderline low previously, increased! from 8cm (boderline low) to 8.2cm... the 0.2cm makes the difference and now its in the normal range!

i think drinking lots and lots and lots of water (and of course, with praying) made the difference...

my visits are now 2 weekly..
 
Irene,
yup tt the cotton 1 i tink cos i cannot tahan paper 1.. i bott n try durin 1 of my tripreally bth.. n it not fitting at all so i bott only the cotton 1 this time round...
 
piggytoh,
i also juz went NTUC buy...but its $3.50 for 5...5% off cos NTUC brand...also cotton one....but i buy L but low-waist one cos my butt is huge now!
 
Sharon,
yup tt the 1 i buy keke. i buy L also... if u can wear L i tink ur Butt still ok la keke cos if butt really big think mus buy the maternity 1...
 
oh yes, agreed with Irene TMC give this damn solid "underwear", the elastic can hold the maternity pad very well. In fact I keep 1 piece till now *must dig out liao*

I dun mind buying afew more pieces at TMC this round.
 
about the disposable undies hor...

someone passed me 4 brand new ones.. is that enough for hospital stay? If not enough MAH and TMC shops will sell?
 
piggytoh,
i neva try lei...hope i can fit in...hahaha

celine,
how many will TMC gif? they also sell it?

BabyS,
i bought 3 packs lei...cos i intend wear disposables as long as got lochia
 
BabyS,

i bought 3 packs too (7 pcs in one pkt), i want to wear it during my confinement month. So no need to wash :p
 
wow! so many posts. spent almost an hour reading thru all the posts since i last log in last nite. phew....

toking abt disposible undies. how many do we need to buy huh? so far i only bought 2 pkts. not sure if it's enuff. i also intend to wear till lochia finish. how long does it take for us to be clean huh?
 
Sharon,
hahah tt day i open up n see nia also nv try i dun dare buy too tight 1 scare will press against my wound n sore:p

Celine,
i not goin to TMC i hope Mt A have this kind of underwear as well...
 
sharon,
I think TMC will give 1 piece then any extra will be chargeable.

I vaguely remember I buy extra 2 more piece at the price of $5+ each...if i remember correctly lah :p
 
mashy,

tats the same question i posed to ppl when they tell me confinement can't touch water. hahahahah! in the end, they all tell me tats onli for a short while so it's ok.
 
piggy,
heehee I am not sure wor...else I buy from TMC for you lor ;)

mashy,
aiyo of coz can brush teeth and wash our face lah, I dun think anybody strictly DUN TOUCH water at all leh.
 
zen

short while as in don't brush teeth for a short while or brushing teeth and washing face just last a short while?

celine
yah lor. That's why i think some of these confinement 'rules' are crazy, totally nonsensical.
 
mashy,
for #1, I touched water since day 1 ok, since i have no maid and confinement lady then. I got to wash milk bottles/bb clothings etc.
 
celine

me too lah. I also didn't have CL for my #1, so everything also gotta do. I didn't bother with such rules, just curious abt how pp get round that part abt brushing teeth and washing face...
 
halo gals..

I am glad it's friday. Was having a bad day at work. My boss's boss(lady)wan me to amend the report I wrote. I am ok with her proposed amendments. Then my boss (man) buay-song the changes that she proposed, and then told me not to amend.
Then I tell him, she 's the big boss, we all have to follow her instructions. Then he 's giving me the black face. I m caught in-between. *sian*

why can't both of them settle at their level and then tell me wat to amend, then i just go n amend lor..
 
yen

poor gal. The 2 bosses should settle their own differences and shouldn't have involved u. If he's so chicken as to not dare tell her, then why should he give u black face? If he's unhappy, he should just tell her...
 
mashy,
they told me brush teeth & wash face only takes a short while so it's ok. they said try to use warm or boiled water to wash hands if i really need to touch water. so must stand-by boiled/warm water at the sink/basin. but i can't be bothered wif all these lah. i told my mum tat i'm definitely going to bathe lor. if not so dirty. with all the blood etc.

how long will the lochia last huh?
 
yen, it seems like our jobs is just to juggle all different expectations! I would go back and tell the lady boss that my own boss says dun amend, so how? Let her decide what to do.

mashy, obviously these silly confinement rules originated back in China where its was freezing and totally unsanitary, so if we use that water then, surely will be infected with disease or freeze to death. But in today's context, all is clean and warm, so it seems everything not logical anymore.
 



Back
Top