(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

pegsfur

Er.. I haven't tot so far yet. When is the 5-n1/6in1 due? I am gog back to PD for the Hep B at 1 mth. Do u know the price diff b/w PD & GP huh?

regg

harlow!

ylang ylang

yeah tonite I tell Hubs to tell his co admin to order the rocker for us. Then we top up $25. Carrying him for hrs every day will kill me!

Sorrie mummies/mtbs for interrupting,

can advise me which colour to choose for bb gal pls?
2887788.jpg
2887789.jpg

hey jul!

pink,
i heard so too, remember to shower bb b4 go for the jab, after the jab dont shower ya, to prevent fever.

pumping
I used 1 pump to alternative between each sides and collect the leaked milk using the shells. For me, I need to let the breast rest a while between pumps, so will take the time to switch to the other side.

pink, my mum told me to let bb drink "ling yang" as in double boiled liao then mix wif milk 1day before the jab to prevent fever.

sharon,
I'll look after bb on my own when I go back to China as I'm still on maternity leave. My hb is asking me to quit or take no pay leave after that... still considering. I need my financial independence!

jul
I oso dunno the price diff, dat's why i'm asking u .. hahaa . i thot u'd know
happy.gif
Ovann is also going for the hep B shot soon, on 22 Sep ... but i may change the date to coincide with my gynae appt.

regg
Hello! So how much is your PD charging for the 6--in-1?

Jul,
My bb also has high jaundice and at 6 weeks the jaundice has not clear fully. PD suggested that I replace 50% of the feeds with FM and some water to flash out all the jaundice. I'm doing night feeds with FM. I hope can prevent the liver function test next week.

re: let down
a tingling feeling from yr breasts and there will be milk leaking even withot pressing/squeezing yr breasts usually happens when you are near yr bb. When my bb cries for me near me i will have such effect.

re: milk bags
pls contact milkmummymilk at [email protected], she got restock again. I remembsomeone want to buy too.

kiki, how is the liver function test done? Mb you can ask your company for no pay leave for a few months to look after the baby. Then there is always an option to return to work later on.

Mich, they draw blood from bb heel to do the test. Ray went through the test and we dicover jaundice is going down and liver functioning well. He is having bm jaundice.

pegsfur,

MT A's PD see her face only already $90, 6-in-1 abt $250, the PD i am going see his face $40,6-in-1 ard $170 i think, going on 5 oct.

Regg
my pd charges 150 for the 6 in 1.

Erm, ladies what is the diff b/w the 6 in 1 & the 5 in 1?

Also any one bb having milk reflux?

hi mummies havent logged on here for ages..hope everyone copiung well with lack of sleep :p

pinkmama, my bb is having bad reflux. vomits 3-4 times after each feed.. and abt 1-2 times a day he vomits at least half his feed out. v sian changing him and trying to catch his vomit as he burps.

kikilala, our bbs are 1 day difference in age right? my boy also still quite jaundiced.. 145 at last check on tuesday. luckily liver function test normal. v sim tia cos they took 4 tubes of blood just for liver function test - had to do 3 times heel prick just to get enough blood. how high is ur boy's jaundice level?

pris, how high is ray's jaundice level now?

btw, for 6in1, was told by my PD's nurse to bring bb in at 2 mths.. but it seems some of u are bringing bb for the 1st 6 in 1 earlier than that?

pris,
hw much is ur liver test? which pd u went?

my bb is turning 4 weeks tmr, he is still having mild jaundice. I went to polyclinic for his jaundice test, the doc suggest i do the liver test next week.

kiki,
wat's ur bb jaundice level now?

Jules / Happi
The last check 2 weeks ago was 10.3
My PD suggested that I feed 50% FM to flash out the jaundice and hopefully can spare BB from the liver function test.
I can still see that his eyes are a bit yellowish now. My PD told me that for liver function test, the blood is taken from his tiny arm.
sad.gif

Pink,
6-in-1 includes the hepB. The 1st jab is usually taken at 2 mth

hi all...
sorrie to ask again of any other mummies already asked...
any good buffet to recommend? i am holding my bb full month on 12th sep at downtown east chalet.. anyone free oso can come... :)

Re:6-in-1
I was told its from week 7 onwards so appt made on the 7th week.
If I am not wrong, 6-in-1 has 1 jab lesser so bb kana jab one time lesser.

I remember my no.1 has fever after the 3rd jab but it went away the next day after the medication.

Celine, I get letdown every now and then when the breast is full of milk too.

dolly

i also used YLS, food's very nice, relatives & friends like it too, esp the kong bak pau which we ordered double portions BUT we still ran out of it barely half way thru the celebration.

re:6 in 1
now that you gals mention it, strange, i was told by the PD to jab at 6 weeks but the GP says it's 8 weeks. isn't jabs suppose to be standard timing?

sharon, I tried ISS before, it was alright, nothing special.

dollie, I also used YLS recently and it was good. Esp the yam paste.

Re: let down
I no longer feeling the tingling feeling. Instead, i feel my breasts harden like engorgement. Not a great feeling when it's full.

I don't feel the tingling feeling too but my breasts will leak. And I still feeling the milk rushing in to replendish before thr breasts harden to prepare for feeding time.

is it the itchy feeling? I feel it when I'm drinking something hot.

Bubble tea
Finally got it after so long! yummy!
but hor I got stomach cramps and LS after that.
sad.gif

Think my boby still cannot take cold stuff... back to the hot red date tea.
(mum's giving me the "I told you" look)

mich,
yeah the yam paste is good too! curry chicken not bad but the bee hoon not fantastic, think the mee goreng we had the last time was better.

kikilala, oh i think the polyclinic and private PD use diff units for the jaundice level.. hmm at polyclinic, they do heel prick to get blood for liver function test. last time my #1 also same thing. taking bld from the arm is v v traumatising leh and more painful than heel prick. my dd was hospitalised when she was a baby and kena poke 3-4 times before they successfully drew blood from a vein.. if your boy need liver function test maybe u shld go to a polyclinic instead.

letdown - ya its the prickly/itchy/somtimes painful feeling. usually when u see bb gulping v quickly, that's the letdown and some pp get the letdown feeling then.

catering - looks like many pp used YLS. i also used them for my full mth. large portions of food. yam paste, curry chicken, kong ba pao all very nice.

6 in 1 - thanks for the info. just wanted to confirm cos when i looked at my #1's health booklet, she was given the 1st 6 in 1 at 2 mths also. but i thought i brought her late or something..

babymaking, my confinement lady told me that the bee hoon from YLS not nice, so she advise me to take the fried rice which was ok. But overall, it was satisfactory for the price that we paid!

Hi all,
my bb has started developing nappy rash... I am using Drapolene. Is destini a better barrier cream? Can i get it from pharmacy?

Anything to apply to sooth the rash?

hi all, morning.
pink n sharon,the PD that i am going is at yishun Blk 400+, tonite i ask hb forthe add n update u gals ya.

babymaking/Mich, the Fried HK noodle is nice too. The curry chix, kong bak pao and yam paste is nice. The veg is fresh too. Just don't order the butter prawn coz by the time we eat, its abit nua nua already.

Kikilala, yes...when you drink hot soup or drink, will get letdown too. Its a very distinct feel at your nipple and when you look at it, you will see milk dripping out.

babymaking/Mich, the Fried HK noodle is nice too. The curry chix, kong bak pao and yam paste is nice. The veg is fresh too. Just don't order the butter prawn coz by the time we eat, its abit nua nua already.

Kikilala, yes...when you drink hot soup or drink, will get letdown too. Its a very distinct feel at your nipple and when you look at it, you will see milk dripping out.

How many times does your baby wakes up at night for feeds? My 3 weeks+ boy is waking up every 1.5hr for milk when he is drinking abt 90ml of EBM. Is driving us crazy. Should I supplement with FM at night to gain our slp n sanity?

Cindy, destini can be bought from TMC pharmacy or some watsons do carry them as well. It is very good. But buying from BP is so much cheaper than getting in Spore.

tulips

why don't u latch him at night? It's much easier that way. I latch lying down, so i also lost count how often my gal wakes up at night. :p

mashy, cos we realised that bb dun seem to like our bed. Will make alot of noise when he slps on it. Hence, we left him on his playpen with hb outside looking after.

And also I have not mastered hw to latch whilst laying dwn. Can you roughly rmbr hw many times your gal wakes up at night for feeds? Wonder if is common for newborn to wake up so often.

tulips

think 2-3 times bah. Sometimes she doesn't wanna drink, just awake but i tired to entertain her n just stuff her mouth up. :p Maybe your boy wants more milk? perhaps offer more for the last feed.

Back