(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

cherrior
what is the brand of ur travel system and how much is it? looks good!!

whoa, washclothes for 3/4sgd depends on material and for a dozen!?!? 1 dozen for $4??

for me is totally opposite!! i havent bought anything yet! like totally 0. lol cept those freebies/sample i get here and there...

still a bit not sure where to buy what...

like those 2 hypermart in kaki bukit = big items? are they cheap?

shop opp guan yin temple in bugis for cheap home wear clothes?

shop somewhere in chinatown for stuffs like detergent, wipes?

Hi hi

Can updated mine into the table too?

Thanks!

Nick: fptt
EDD: 15 August 09
Gynae: Dr Christopher Chong
Hospital: Mount Alvernia
# of Child: 1
Gender of current: -

Cheers..
happy.gif

pris,
do you know gruffalo got its special website, and a song...my boy keep singing it nowadays haha..

last time he got a favorite book "I Stink" aiyo and he aspired to be a garbage truck! *faint* Luckily now he want to be doctor so I asked him to study hard in school :p

cheerios,
i like play pen so i will get a play pen for #2 this round, last time my #1 strictly in baby cot/bed/on the floor mat

I got this book "What to Expect the First Year", quite good if you are a 1st timer.
happy.gif
I even bought "What to Expect when you are expecting" and What to Expect the toddler years"

celine, haahaa, he always wants to be a Paed like his paed or a vet haahaa. This is the only 2 he wants to be when he grows up haahaa.

reira, the travel system is from Graco. Bought it at a sale for 140usd. so the washcloths is considered cheap ma? hehee...i ask my mum she say cheap wor, so i ask her help me buy...she got go JB, NTUC, Giant, Sheng Shiong and survey..hehe...slowly buy lo...we still got 3mths plus.
happy.gif
I buy when there are sale and good buys, cos I don't have GSS to look forward to...

pris, ya lo, at first didn't know wana get or not cos quite ex eh...but in the end his friends recommend to him that their babies like the swing eh..so we bought lo...

Celine, how much are the books selling in sg ah? Wonder isit cheaper here or there, if cheaper in sg maybe can my mum to help me buy...I am also getting a playpen cos we staying 2 stories, so the cot and playpen 1 upstairs 1 downstairs, more convinient..
happy.gif

cherrios,
i thot US cheaper since those books selling in Amazon definitely cheaper than Borders/Kinokuniya? And I forget how much already...bought it 2~3 years ago :p

At last finsih shifting house. Now unpacking. My feet so sore and tired. Long last.. I slept thru out ytd night, So wonderful. Long time nv had such sleep. Hehehe.

Cherrios, I think sterilizer is a must to hv. I saw the farlin is not bad still got water dispenser. But i got avent liao. So that think going to change till it spoil.

Celine, i don't know eh, don't visit bookstores when back in sg de..now I love to drop by the Borders outlet here, cos the books very very cheap! But I buy mainly recipe books..hehe...

Pris, 2 playpens? But i tot playpens they cun slp in when they are above a certain weight? Me haven't decide which playpen to get eh...ya, really quiet today..normally morning the thread move so fast I can't catch up! hehe...

yoko, dun overexert yourself...seems like alot of us still moving house though we are preggy..hehe..Farlin? never heard of the brand before eh...how much is the avent one selling in sg?

cheerios, the ones I have can lower the height. Kai sleep in it till about 15 to 18 months then went to thomas the train bed and eventually twinsize bed.

Regg, hello!

cherrios
i wonder if there is any online shop where they ship stroller to SG haha. 140usd is so cheap!! especially it can be use as a car seat too.

i think the washcloths is super cheap! $4/12 = $0.33 each!! but all depends on the quality tho. i saw one with good quality cost $1.25 each piece

you are going to move all those big items back to singapore? or ur mom going there with those clothes?

________

playpen
some cot can turn into a playpen right?

which cot is the best again for the height it can adjust to?

Good afternoon ladies,
recently i've been having the puking feeling after every meal, just like the first few weeks.
Do i need to call my gynae to ask ? My appointment is next thursday for the 6th month visit.

Hi Reira,
cot is higher from the ground compared to playpen,
even if you lower the height to the maximum.
you can train your bb to play in the cot or playpen alone so that you can have some free time to go to the washroom.

Reira, the shipping will cost you a bomb.
Cot cannot turn into playpen but you can train bb to play in it, but the moment the child learn to climb, cot is dangerous cost it is higher above the ground.

We used playpens coz Kai gets lots of bruise even with the bumper around as he would pull it up too look around haahaa.

Hi pris,
the twinsize bed that Kai sleeps, does it have the railings at the side ? Thinking of getting a queen size mattress for my son to sleep on the floor...

joeey, no, Kai has not fallen down before, now he is five. We have always let him sleep on a bed on his own when travelling even when he is young, he somehow has the sense of the edges of the bed.

You can start your child with the railing but we never bother with that.

joey,

Same here ... i even have heartburn coming back as well. Feel so uncomfortable. I thot these feelings only will be felt in 1st trimester.

Thanks pris. Kai is quite smart hor
happy.gif

pegsfur, you also have uncomfortable feeling ... thought i was the only wierd one ...

FYI, just told by a friend working in TTSH, MTB should avoid taking vinegars, heard will cause miscarriage.

So now my pig trotter vinegar has to wait and my fishball noodles with lots of vinegar, lor mee with lots of vinegar have to go without vinegar.

pris, i think lor mee/ bak chor mee, can still eat lah.... u dont eat alot of it what.. in moderation can liao..

just dont drink the vinegar can liao lor.

I think cos vinegar has a detox effect.

joeey,

Ya .. and now i find myself getting tired very easily. Like now, i've been yawning non-stop. I had more energy when i was in my 1st trimester instead.

playpen/cot
i was planning to get a cot so that i have some free time if i go to wash room without having to worry about baby.

if baby is still to young to climb, cot will be better right? since we dont need to bend down to carry baby. but when baby learned how to climb, will playpen still be able to keep him in it? it is like no point if the baby climbs out of it!

Reira, I find that playpen is harder for them to climb out. And playpen is can be brought for trips haahaa when bb is small.

priscilla & cherrios:
saw e thread u all living in 2 storey.
wanna ask huh. after delivery, will we feel pain walking up n down the stairs.?
n0w in dilmme dun0 to stay where for confmnt.

re: tiredness

I am so tired every day. I get off work at 6.30pm, reach home at 7.15pm, by 9pm, I need to lie down in bed....really no energy for anything else.

for those who like the swing that cherrios bought, I saw a similar one at Mothers at Work at great world city. I think the retail price is $399 or $499.

Am also thinking of getting one.

Joeey, haahaa, I will go for my nap soon, I am browsing for books for Kai haahaa. Spend S$100 for books online for him liao, now wondering whether I should get him the 50 thomas and friends books haahaa will cost me a bomb haahaa.

Babyjon, I dun feel the pain walking but sitting yes, so I have a o shaped float to sit on so the area no contact with surface not so painful.

pris: sitting pain?
butt pain or private part?

my mum keep saying after natural delivery, will feel pain when walking up n down the stairs.
then ask me to go back her hse furing confmnt.
then i told her i stay on 2nd level dun go downstair lor.
happy.gif

Back