(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

hi mummies, any idea what to buy for our toddler boy for 2y birthday? they also not very into toys hor....any interesting ones that will keep them interested?
the BHG baby fair got quite good sale til 24 Jul...

2 years ago on this day, i gave birth to Ethan. Thanks to u ladies who kept urging me to go hospital. otherwise, i might have given birth at home!

i just went to read the achives about my birth story. so drama. decided to post here again. haha!
happy.gif

birth story (a rough 1 cos i din pay attention to the clock)
5.30am- start contractions every 10 mins
10.20am- called clinic cos interval shorter & i'm not sure if it's contractions. was told to go clinic straightaway.
11am- reached clinic. dilated 2.5cm, cervix was soft. was told either late at night or the next morning give birth. put on ctg. contractions v. regular & strong. was told i'm in pre-labour stage. so once i feel uncomfortable get admitted straightaway.
1pm- decided to go macdonald's b4 going home to wait for signs. while walking to lucky plaza mac, the pain became more freq & more painful. quickly ordered fillet, coke & seaweed fries. can't finish my lunch becos of the pain. decided to make my way bk to clinic instead of going home.

however 'bu gan yan' i din finish my meal. went to buy hot fudge sundae outside at the mac's booth. decided to eat at hospital while waiting to give birth. pain got worse. sat along the road & ate 3/4 of my sundae. can't take it anymore. quickly threw away my sundae & went to another booth to buy cold mineral water b4 going bk hospital.

reached clinic & told them pain got worse. i decided to rest at clinic first. they informed gynae & told me to get admitted straightaway. i still borrowed hp charger frm doc to charge my hp. ask them give me a few mins first. haha!

the gynae assistant accompanied me to the admission side since i'm alone. but i'm in deep pain & asked to rest a while. she got a wheel-chair for me & asked me not to be so hard on myself. sent me up delivery suite. pain was pretty bad but still bearable. all i want is to lie down. delivery suite side was shocked tat i'm alone. i still tell them i wan to charge my hp first. they asked me to do tat later & get change into robe, take urine samples, etc. said every min counts in the delivery suite. i think it's abt 2pm+ then.

after tat they strapped on something to check baby's heartbeat & contractions. think it's the ctg again. 1/2hour later, put in something to make me clear my bowels. told me form indicated epidural so asked me when i wan to take. i also dunno cos i haven't even inform gynae if i wan epi or not. (initially i wanted to try without epi) at tat time, i was in pain, & can't be bothered wif the nurse asking me so many questions & doing so many things. so i jus said yes yes. then went to poo.

1-1.5hrs later, (abt 3pm)the anaes came to give me epi. told me to lie this position tat position. told him i'm in pain, wait a while but he can't be bothered. said i still hv to do it. more ppl came to ask me questions. also dunno who they are. was in pain & irritated. think they wan to confirm my hubby's ic, my no. wat birth etc. to me, the administering of epi is the most painful part of my whole labour)

after epi, i still felt the contractions. was told it'll take effect abt 15mins later. but i still feel the contractions. nurse told me must let them know even if i still can feel the slightest pain so tat they can increase the dosage. cos if it's later part, even if they increase also no use alreadi. after dunno how long, really dun feel any pain. so i jus wait for things to happen. was told i'm dilated abt 4cm. and was told 4-5cm will take a few hours and i shd be giving birth late at nite. hubby came aft epi, closed to 3.30pm. so i told hubby to go home feed & walk dog first.

around 4.40pm- nurses checked & said my water bag going to burst any time. asked me to call hubby to come bk straightaway. they said when gynae came bk frm another operation in the next room, he may decide to ask me to deliver straight. quickly called hb to come bk in case he miss the labour.

around 5.30, i can feel something at the opening. kept praying tat hb will make it bk by 6pm and baby to hold on to wait for daddy. kept calling hb.

abt 6.10pm, hb came. i was so relieved. gynae also came in soon after. checked & asked nurses to get ready. i heard the word vacumm so thot they going to vacumm baby out. during or after pushing, gynae commented tat i dun seem to be in pain at all. and i said ya, not painful at all. i still smiled to take a pic while the midwives/nurses & gynae were down there busy. hahahaha!

6.29pm- baby ethan was borned. i thot gynae was stitching up for me cos he's still down there. actually he's collecting the stem blood thing. after he's done wif everything, he told me i'm one of the rare cases wif no cut. but i din know no cut means no stitches until the nurse told me when she put the baby on me.

baby ethan's head circum is 33.5cm, length 50cm, 2.885kg. nurses all told me tat even if baby is not tat big, it's not usual to hv no cut & stitches esp this is my first one. all i can say is thank God.

Hi ladies!

Think we havent decide order cake or cupcakes for mass bday bash right? shall we cfm design,theme & bakery soon? jz 1 more mth to go.

Morning !

Zen, that's a nice and exciting birth story ! i don't recall reading it 2 years ago ... :p

Re: Falling sick
my kids keep taking turns to fall sick .... sianz
last friday : elder has hfmd
last sat,sun : younger has fever, cough, she took pneumocoal jab last thurs.
yesterday : elder started to cough very bad. yesterday night, daddy sat on his right foot, sprain his ankle ...
today : elder go xray, still coughing, start to develop fever. younger still coughing ...

both me and hb are so tired looking after them ...

Hi all,

I will like to sell the family set for $49.90 as it is too small for my hubby. Decided to sell and get another set instead. Brand new.

Size:
Male (XL Shoulder 49.5 cm, bust 109 cm, Length 71 cm)
Female (S Shoulder 39 cm, bust 94 cm, Length 65 cm)
Child (#2 Shoulder 33 cm, bust 53 cm, Length 42cm, 1-3 years old)

5847740.jpg

5847741.jpg

Pls pm or email me at [email protected].

2 YEAR OLD BASH

I checked with the manager at Ridout Mac and she said they can take 50pax... so keep the confirmation coming in!

The place is confirmed and booked.

Payment:
Please transfer $13 (per child above 1 year old) to POSB Current 709-14320-4
and email to [email protected] to inform me of the payment

Will refund any extras after the bash

===============================================

Venue: McDonald's Queensway (Queensway #01-580 Ridout Tea Garden)
Date: 4Sep (Sun)
Time: 5pm - 6.30pm
Price: $9 per child (including 1 happy meal, gifts, game prizes, a Party Hostess to conduct the party and organise games)
Additional cost: Macdonald Cake. $15.30 (rectangle A4 size) Will split the cost per kid

Organisers (I dont know what we need to do, maybe just go book the place)
- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?

How is the party conducted?
The Party Hostess will usually start off with games for about 30 minutes. Food will be served thereafter, followed by birthday cake-cutting. Finally, presents are given out

Please also add in another line if you are bringing siblings, even for infant but indicate their age next to it. (no need to pay for infant who cant eat the food nor join in the games). Parents can buy mac food on the actual day and pay accordingly. (no outside food)

CONFIRMED AND PAID:-
1) kikilala - confirm, paid $13
2) sharon toh - confirm, paid $13
3) joeey - confirm, paid $13
4) donkeymami - confirm, paid $13
5) joyful - confirm, paid $13
6) Dolcevita - confirm, paid $13
7) piggytoh (+ 1 silbing, 11wk old) - confirm, paid $13
8) sherrie - confirm, paid $13
9) SL - confirm, paid $13
10) SL (5 yr Sibling) - confirm, paid $13
11) Patricia - confirm, paid $13
12) pegsfur - confirm, paid $13
13) fatBobo - confirm, paid $13
14) fatBobo - confirm, paid $13
15) seeJay - confirm, paid $13
16) seeJay - confirm, paid $13
17) Puroland - confirm, paid $13
18) Joia - confirm, paid $13
19) eboey - confirm, paid $13
20) April - confirm, paid $13
21) April (9 yr old sibling) - confirm, paid $13
22) Reira - confirm, paid $13
23) joy_cie (+1 sibling, 9mths old) - confirm, paid $13
24) Happi - confirm, paid $13
25) Happi (4yr sibling) - confirm, paid $13
26) Mich - confirm, paid $13
27) fluffyboy - confirm, paid $13

================================================

CONFIRMED:-
1) dolliepollie - Confirm
2) dolliepollie (7mth old sibling) - Confirm
3) jul04 - confirm
4) Precious - confirm
5) Precious - confirm (5yrs old sibling)
6) juliet

=================================================

PENDING:-
1) cloudme - not confirm
2) cloudme (3yr sibling)- not confirm
3) BB
4) jagiebaby
5) babymaking
6) BabyS
7) michele
8) regg
9) juliet
10) lovemagmag
11) serene
12) zen
13) karen Toh
14) irene
15) meeiee
16) peg17
17) cherrios
18) ML

Hi, does anyone here buy from iherb? I used to buy from the spree and is thinking of doing my own order as usually when buying from spree still have to arrange for collection. Very troublesome. Does any mummy does your own order and how to do it?

hi mummies,

i'm totally new to this thread. my little girl was due in sept but i popped in end-august 2009. i hope we can join the birthday bash on 4 sept too! hopefully my little one will make some new friends at the party.
happy.gif

2 YEAR OLD BASH

I checked with the manager at Ridout Mac and she said they can take 50pax... so keep the confirmation coming in!

Payment:

Price: $9 per child (including 1 happy meal, gifts, game prizes, a Party Hostess to conduct the party and organise games)
Additional cost: Macdonald Cake. $15.30 (rectangle A4 size) Will split the cost per kid

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?

The Party Hostess will usually start off with games for about 30 minutes. Food will be served thereafter, followed by birthday cake-cutting. Finally, presents are given out

Please also add in another line if you are bringing siblings, even for infant but indicate their age next to it. (no need to pay for infant who cant eat the food nor join in the games). Parents can buy mac food on the actual day and pay accordingly. (no outside food)

3) jul04 - confirm
4) Precious - confirm
6) juliet
7) cloudme - confirm
8) cloudme (3yr sibling)- confirm

1) BB
2) jagiebaby
3) babymaking
4) BabyS
5) michele
6) regg
7) juliet
8) lovemagmag
9) serene
10) zen
11) karen Toh
12) irene
13) meeiee
14) peg17
15) cherrios
16) ML

kikilala,

thanks for the welcome!
happy.gif
whoop-pee-do! we'd <3 to attend. i'll transfer the $$ to you later and update the list accordingly. i have a question about presents - is it a present exchange? or there's no need to bring presents?

<font color="0000ff">Thanks for the info, kikilala! I've transferred the $$ to your account. I'm looking forward to meeting you mummies and your cute little ones. ;)</font>

2 YEAR OLD BASH

Payment:

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?

28) j@@n - confirm, paid $13
29) j@@n (5 yr old sibling) - confirm, paid $13

3) jul04 - confirm
4) Precious - confirm
6) juliet
7) cloudme - confirm
8) cloudme (3yr sibling)- confirm

1) BB
2) jagiebaby
3) babymaking
4) BabyS
5) michele
6) regg
7) juliet
8) lovemagmag
9) serene
10) zen
11) karen Toh
12) irene
13) meeiee
14) peg17
15) cherrios
16) ML

iherb is having a free international shipping promo. Anyone wants to buy anything? Need min order of USD40. I think I'm just going to buy some snacks. Collect at Tampines (evening/weekend) or Vivo/Alexandra (lunch time)

PM me by Wed noon

Long time very log in already.. Was so happy that the thread is still active..;p how I hope I can bring my gal along for the birthday bash.. Anyway I will be back on nov so see got any outing I can bring her to meet other kids here..
Oh btw Kiki, wat kind of snack u getting from iherb I think of buying the organic lollipop u try b4?

Jacqueline
hv not tried the lollipopo, my boy will love it!
Let us know when you are back, then we can go for playdate.

cloudme
thanks!

2 YEAR OLD BASH

Payment:

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?

30) cloudme - confirm, paid $13
31) cloudme (3yr sibling)- confirm, paid $13

3) jul04 - confirm
4) Precious - confirm
6) juliet

1) BB
2) jagiebaby
3) babymaking
4) BabyS
5) michele
6) regg
7) juliet
8) lovemagmag
9) serene
10) zen
11) karen Toh
12) irene
13) meeiee
14) peg17
15) cherrios
16) ML

Hi , ladies.
Just wondering, our baby r all either 2yrs or coming 2 yrs le.
Any mummies still sterilizer their milk bottle??

Hi Vivien,
I still use the steriliser, once a day, usually in the mornings. I stopped using the steriliser a few months back (coz I thought she was old enough). Then I noticed that when I don't sterilise, after a week or so, there's a build-up of muck in the grooves on the bottle where you screw the teat on. Super gross. Don't get me wrong, I wash everything! But the muck still builds up! Then I started sterilising again and no problem. Since it's still working, I'll still use it!

2 YEAR OLD BASH

Payment:

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?

30) cloudme - confirm, paid $13
31) cloudme (3yr sibling) - confirm, paid $13
32) dolliepollie (+1 sibling, 7mth old sibling) - confirm, paid $13
33) juliet - confirm, paid $13
34) juliet (sibling) - confirm, paid $13
35) shirley shopping queen - confirm, paid $13
36) shirley shopping queen (sibling) - confirm, paid $13

1) jul04 - confirm
2) Precious - confirm
3) Precious - confirm (5yrs old sibling)

1) BB
2) jagiebaby
3) babymaking
4) BabyS
5) michele
6) regg
7) juliet
8) lovemagmag
9) serene
10) zen
11) karen Toh
12) irene
13) meeiee
14) peg17
15) cherrios
16) ML

Alo!!! How is the birthday bash coming along? So looking forward to it. Hope our kiddos dont fight...terrible 2s...

Btw, I ordered XXL for my girl's t-shirt and it is already v tight for her. She is currently 92cm tall and 17kg. PD asks me to reduce her diet so that she wont be too big size. Any mummies have such issue too? My mum says she will slim down when start preschool and fall sick more often. What do you think?

fluffy,
my pd also advice the same for my boy...heng he is proportional with his height...if not how to control...

in sch he always eat 2 servings lor everytime will ask for extras...
at home same...eat non-stop...haiz...

Bday bash Tee, i order XL for QQ n similarly it is very loose, still exploring how to make her look 'hip' in the oversize top..

To be honest, Ive not even open up to see...hahahaha...
So ive not let her try it to see if it fits but im sure quite it does cos she can stil into her 1yr old tee =)

Looking fwd to seeing everyone else at the bash which is coming up real soon =)

Dolcevita

Same same.. I also havent even open up the tees and wash... Think I better do so this weekend since the bday bash is next weekend...

Sorry SL I haven't even collect the tees from you :p

I am not attending the bash but will contact you to collect it. Paiseh...

haio all.. wah..very very the long din cm in here le.

wah seh fluffy.. yr girl is very big. has she been eating alot? smtimes it's true aft gg into cc, will fall sick, n most likely will shed some weight too. but, if your girl's immune is strong, she might not fall sick much.. it's not a equation dat go cc will fall sick de mah. i tink u hfta try to cut down on her diet..n oso be more mindful what sort of savory she's enjoying. plus, since she's a girl.. really dun wan the excess to stay with her rite? tink to a certain age..if the excess doesnt go..then it will likely be there liao. becareful.

hello mummies ...
my gal finally got a slot in My First Skool for december. all other CC puts her on waitlist. every morning when she sees her brother wearing school uniform, she also wants to wear and keep saying "还要去学校 " hee ...

there's many sales this weekend - Robinsons 20% John Little 20% Carrefour 10% NTUC $10 voucher with POSB credit cards.

Fluffy
Wow! Your gal is even heavier than my 5 yr old! Ok, my boy is on the small side but still @_@.

U may wanna control diet coz growing too much too early can have probs like early puberty, teasing from sch mates. There's also research saying that they can develop heart probs if overweight from a young age.

Can give her low calorie, healthy snacks. Give fruit, no juice. Give low fat milk instead of formula.

Mashy, fatbobo, cloudme...if you see my girl, she is actually not plump lor...definitely not skinny, but also not obese..she has been tall and heavy since birth and porportionate to height and weight. Also, she only eat steam rice, vege and fish. Zero snacks and plain water/milk. That why I told PD there is nothing for me to cut down. Anyway, hopefully her height will slow down when she grows older. Think if so long not obese should be ok bah...

Talking about slimming, not sure if I can talk about this here. Anyone tried out TRA 3mth pack from Nuskin before? Is it effective and will yoyo? I have prob shedding my post pregnancy weight...

Fluffy: I think it should be fine as long as she is not plump... My girls tend to be heavier than peers, eats alot but they are chubby with muscles and etc. As long as they are not fat, it should be fine. As long as she eats healthily and has a fair amount of exercise, it should be fine...

Hi mummies, I'm looking for confinement lady for Jan next year, does anyone have experienced a good one that can recommend to me? Please pm me. Thank you very much.

reminder

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">2yr old Birthday Bash </font></font>
Date: 4th Sep (This Sun)

check above thread for details
happy.gif

2 YEAR OLD BASH

Finalised list

Payment:

- kikilala
- sharon
- anyone else?

Accountant/Treasurer
- kikilala
- Any takers?