(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

There's refund of $3.50 for the bash. Please remember to collect from me. Please prepare $6.50 of loose change in case I run out of small notes. Thanks!

Kikilala and Sharon

Thanks for organising the bash! It was a great success!! My gal has so much fun at the party. Great to meet up with all of you too!

Hi Mummies,

The birthday bash seems so fun, really a pity I can't make it.

May I know is the venue very hot and/or uncomfortable for the kiddos since it is not airconditioned?

And how does the Macdonald cake taste? Isit good? :p

Celine,
Our party was in the evening and I find it's bearable if wear shorts n tshirt

The cake ah... You can see the pic from some of the mum's pics in fb... Look really so so leh but the choc sponge inside taste ok, moist and not so sweet. I didn't eat the frosting though... Worth it lah... Only $15.30 for the cake

tks Kiki,

think must put very very casual dress code in order not to be affected by the non aircon environment. :p

Hi mummies,

My son juz turned 2 and i am looking for a sch for him. Any good pre-sch to recomend in Serangoon/Hougang/Bishan/Amk.

Thanks

hi,
yes i have already given him since 18mths
packet milk, fresh milk, all types of milk
asked PD and she say its ok

celine,

I find the place bearable leh, cos there are ceiling fans all around. Plus it was evening time, so quite ok. Those who mind the weather are probabaly the adults, the kids just wanna eat & play!
happy.gif

kikilala, sharon - Thanks so much for organising the birthday bash!

arghhh.. i think my boys were the only ones who missed all the games and fun cos all of us overslept on that day :p

anyway last week was their first week in school and i'm so relieved that they adapted pretty well
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I am from the Sep09 thread (my daugther is actually an Aug09 baby though :)) I am a FTWM and have 2 kids. Weekends are precious to us and so we make sure we want to best out of it.

I have consolidated all the places that we have visited over the past 3 years into one posts, and the links to the many posts :) Hope it give you some ideas on where to go for a great family time!

http://www.thekamfamily.com/2011/09/great-outdoor-places-activities-for.html

Morning all, i have a problem with my girl. She likes to beat people when things don't go her way. Like when i force her to brush teeth, she'll beat me. What should i do to stop her beating people ? is it because i smack her too when she does something wrong, so now, she's imitating me ?

joeey
kids like to imitate our actions now. I also realised that my boy will do that, so now I try the quiet corner instead of smacking him. or use a cane? they will not get their hands on the cane so easily mah

hi anyone send your kids to MYC music for young children? i was thinking of sending my 2 year old boy there..he has been very tempermental (followed daddy and mummy) hehehe. Note sure whether music can help him in "cooling" his temper down.

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.
=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play.
sad.gif

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

hi mummies

For the $300 childcare subsidies, is there any "grace period" to look for new job after we resigned??? We hv to report to MCYS right.

hi mummies,
sometimes i feel so paiseh bringing my son to restaurant,he will spoon some rice onto the baby chair, on the floor, on the table etc. If we not in time to give him the food, he will scream. sometimes he cannot keep still on the chair too...haizzzzzzzzzzzz.

fruit juice: can we give them fruit tree or marigold fruit juice??

babiesmeme, u can give fruit juice but do dilute it with water cos i find it sweet for their age(if u r restricting sweets)

babiesmeme
i let my boy drink both fruit tree and marigold and any other brands too. I dont really restrict his food already, as long as in moderation, I'm ok.

my boy will create a huge mess... like food all over the floor. But he is making noise cos he dont want to eat and not that i'm feeding too slow!

Hi babiesmeme,
i find that my gal don't like to sit in the baby chair for too long, at most 20 mins. Sometimes, i'll stack 2 adult chairs and let my gal sit, sometimes, she'll kneel on the chair to eat, sometimes sit, i guess she can move her legs, more freedom. You can try too.

hello can u tods feed themselves for the full meal now? mine is also distracted and wants to read a book, or play with something or just scoop the food here n there instead of feeding himself..maybe a few spoonfuls n the rest we got to feed him..worry go to school next year how?

joey and babies, same same la..mine wouldn't stay v long on high chair too, so go out makan also quite problem..getting him on it already problem cos he wants to walk around outside restaurant...then eat finish also want to walk around...stress

jeni,
my boy cant really self feed at home for a full meal also. but i peeped at him in cc, he can sit down and eat leh, teacher will also assist the kids during meal times.

you know what, my boy dont even want to hold his milk bottle when i feed him. but he will drink milk on his own in cc. so dont worry, they will learn and adapt one.
happy.gif

jeni,
when my gal is very hungry, she can feed herself about half a bowl, then she'll also scoop the food here and there. (scooping things with a spoon is part of fine motor skills)

In school, there's peer pressure, the kids know how to be independent and listen to instructions. My elder doesn't eat fruits and vege at home but in school, he eats everything.

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.
There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

Hi mummies,

poppie train: has your child been trained how to shit or urine. My son is already 25 months but the childcare did not train him, so weird.

toddler bed: is your child sleep on those cute and pretty single bed (eg racing car, army car typed bed). wanted to get one but scared he will jump or fall.

fruit juice: can they take fruit tree or marigold fruit juiice?

babiesmeme
My boy's cc also did not train him yet. but some of this classmates are already toilet trained. i think it's the initative from parents bah...
For me, I'm not in a rush to train him, just let him do it at his own pace. on somedays he will tell me he want to "poopoo" or "sheshe" but when i bring him to the toilet bowl, he will sit there for 2 sec and tell me "ok". so far he had never output into the toilet bowl b4. haha!

there's no space in my room for another toddler bed, so he's still sleeping with me.

fruit juice:
I let my boy drink any brands of fruit juice or drinks, even coke. As long as it's not too much, I dont really control so much already.

Hi mummies who ordered the birthday bash tshirts, did your metallic wording come off? Mine came off after two washes. So bad that i can see white patches.

kiki,
you are very relaxed with food, good, normally first time parents are more strict. hee...

babiesmeme,
i also let my kids eat/drink outside food, my kids have even drank a few sips of coffee , but the result was 2 cranky children who didn't want to sleep.

boys are slower in toilet training especially if he's #1, it's ok, it's easier when they are taller and they can just tiptoe and shh shh by themselves, no need to stand on the stool. hmm, you can also ask the CC teacher to train, just bring lots of shorts/underwears.

bbq98,
my prints are are green color on white tee-shirts, hasn't come off yet. The white shirts got milo stains though ...

U ladies hand wash or machine wash? Mine hand wash, came off a bit. Machine wash one was really bad and one i could see cracked lines and both were washed in the same cycles.

hi mummies,
potty train: my mil was somehow pushing us to toilet train caden to poo poo. I read from web thats its best to train them sitting down for both poo poo and "sheshe" so they will not be confused. In later part, then train them stand and sit. My another concertn is that if i potty train him at home, how about CC? he will still on drypants then how? he will still get confused. The other day i saw those toddler of his age all have pampers beside them..so they dont sheshe or poo poo in toilet or the teachers are just lazy to train???

I just try on the karihome goat milk assorted sweeties, my son love it, it comes with different animal prints and colours but its quite expensive, about 200 pcs about $20, claims to be rich in protein, iron etc

fruit juice & food: i let my son try the "poppy" brand fruit juice, he hate it, its sour hahhaha. Perhaps i should try him on fruit tree or marigold milk. As for food, since 1 years old i brought him to xin wang, he loves the fish porridge there he can finish the whole pot!

bbq98
both my 1st and 2nd t-shirt all no more print. Not even crack or white patches... if EVERYTHING all drop off le, now it's just a white t-shirt hahaha! It's machined washed and I think my mum put into the dryer also

Morning.

My gal is starting her first day in school today, was pretty nervous for her in the morning. She was so happy when i change her into her school uniform, even kor kor was excited, cos they wear the same uniform. I asked my Nanny to accompany her for the first 3 days in school. Hee
happy.gif

joeey
it's good to have the #1 to show #2 the ropes.
happy.gif

my boy still reject his uniform in the morning. I just let him go in home clothes.

kiki,
good to go in home clothes, less laundry to wash :p

my elder took more than a year to adjust to school, somedays, he refuses to goto school, still cry in the mornings haa...

hi joeey,
i still need to drag my son to school, he will laze in the bed, dont wan to wear his uniform. I got to "trick" him by telling him his classmates will not play with him if he smells, especially girls, hahahha. I also need to entertain him with biscuits; sometime i have to tell him the fishes, animals (toys) will not play with him if he dont goes to school.

babiesmeme,
you have creative ways of tricking kids, mummies always have to come up with new ideas hor. I'll tell him, Monday go school, Tuesday go school, Wednesday got ABC Music & Me, Thursday go school, Friday go school, Saturday No School ! go gaigai hee...

Back