(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

april,

Tks! I'm planning to go probably during the 1st week of sept, good that the dates dun coincide. But then, would it be school holidays already?

MBS quite ex leh ... i'm actually looking at Mandarin Hotel or Marina Mandarin as we've discount from credit card. Actually was planning a surprise weekend stay for my hubby's bday, just the 3 of us
happy.gif

april
its controversy about the linkage between mmr and autism. Some believe, some dont.
When my nephew was younger, he can smile and look directly into camera (Even got to shoot some ads) but slowly we noticed that he avoid eye contact. Fortunately its mild.

April, Fatbobo
The last time the nurse told me that have to feed them egg white before the MMR jab as it contains traces of egg white. But the first tome I gave my girl egg white she vomited. Heng no other side effects.

MMR link to autism
Yeah I do know of a case where child had autism after the MMR jab too. Now the mom tries to raise awareness on this. Quite in a deliema if should let my girl take it too.

Fatbobo
Go for the iPhone 4 la. I am an iPhone convert and got the iPhone 4 recently. The camera is 5 mega pixel, with flash. And the quality of picture is better than the 3G one. Loving it do far!

Mass Birthday Bash
As mentioned by donkeymami, will we have play area for the little ones? By sept, most should be walking? At least for me Sophie has started to walk and will not keep still. If at condo, they can also go for swim?
As mentioned by donkeymami, will we have play area for the little ones? By sept, most should be walking? At least for me Sophie has started to walk and will not keep still. If at condo, they can also go for swim?

april
its controversy about the linkage between mmr and autism. Some believe, some dont.
When my nephew was younger, he can smile and look directly into camera (Even got to shoot some ads) but slowly we noticed that he avoid eye contact. Fortunately its mild.

Thing is autism usually starts to manifest around the same time mmr is due.. So it may not be the mmr that causes it..

hm.. Like that it's difficult to tell whether mmr could be the cause of it. Tough decision.. Guess I'll have to discuss with dh to see wat he thinks :S

btw mummies, where do u let ur babies roam when u're bz with other stuff, like housework? I'm thinking of getting a playyard to 'confine' him. Sounds cruel. Haha.. but no choice leh..

Growing Up Gifted Trial Class Programme @ Mountbatten

Any mummies interested to go for 50% off on trial lesson usual charge at S$50 after discount S$25. The promotion suppose to end in August. But they not sure if the mgt will extend it. So they give me the date on 29 Aug 2010.

As it is a new center currently they do not have no class on Sunday, open the ctr for us on this date for the trial, only allow max 5 Adult and 5 kid at each time slot for trial class.

Address : GUG @ Mountbatten
231 Mountbatten Centre Blk G
Singapore 397999 Tel : 6242 6992

GUG Trial Class @ Mountabtten
Price : After disct @ S$25/kid(usual : S$50)
Date : 29 Aug 2010
Time : 2pm to 3.30pm
1) april - Edric Ong
2) pegsfur - Ovann Lye
3) eunice - Lucas Boey
4) fatbobo - Mattea Yap
5) fatbobo - Keona Yap

Price : After disct @ S$25/kid(usual : S$50) Date : 29 Aug 2010
Time : 4.00pm to 5.30pm
1)micky_tan - Jeremiah Ng
2)BB(Alva) - Lindy Tan
3) Sharon(~mimosa~) - Ryan Lee
4) Karen Toh - Elise Tan
5)

Morning babys!

I want to take up the last slot for the GUG trial will post in the list when I reach ofc. Dunno how to copy & paste using iPhone Pai seh. Last min my hubby said wan to go.

Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:42 am:       

Any mummies interested to go for 50% off on trial lesson usual charge at S$50 after discount S$25. The promotion suppose to end in August. But they not sure if the mgt will extend it. So they give me the date on 29 Aug 2010.

As it is a new center currently they do not have no class on Sunday, open the ctr for us on this date for the trial, only allow max 5 Adult and 5 kid at each time slot for trial class.

1) april - Edric Ong
2) pegsfur - Ovann Lye
3) eunice - Lucas Boey
4) fatbobo - Mattea Yap
5) fatbobo - Keona Yap

2)BB(Alva) - Lindy Tan
4) Karen Toh - Elise Tan
5)Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:42 am:       

1) april - Edric Ong
2) pegsfur - Ovann Lye
3) eunice - Lucas Boey
4) fatbobo - Mattea Yap
5) fatbobo - Keona Yap

2)BB(Alva) - Lindy Tan
4) Karen Toh - Elise Tan
5) donkeymami - jovia

Morning!
happy.gif

donkeymami,
I also dunno how to copy n paste with my phone
hee

Karen,
I can pass u the tee shirt when we GUG
or u wan collect first? Tink elise bday coming? U need let her wear?

Joyful,
for the baby's day out...only aug babies can join?
In the FB link, I saw my long lost sec sch classmate!
in the picture with GOH..small world!

copy and paste on iphone
Tap n hold on e screen, there will be option for u to copy.. then tap n hold again to select paste option.

sharon
the baby's day out is over ler.. is open to all..
i guess ur friend is the skinny skinny lady right.. i heard she is working in Orchid Country Club.. need mi to try to get the contact for u?

Morning all,

Sharon, press and hold on the info that u want to copy and the options will come out as "select, select all, paste" so if you press select all and the option to "cut, copy or paste" will come up.

HTH

babiesmeme: i replied yesterday but guess u missed it.

some give the fruit straight some steam first (some believe papaya inside may have worms)

i give straight..

but pear works better for shayna when she is constipated. pear is known to be good for constipation..

morning mummies!

oh ya, i noticed my boy's poo also rather hard nowadays. wonder if it's cause he's eating more "adult food". Does papaya puree help?

MMR jab
can delay :ppPPp i think i delay until 18mths or until i am very sure he started talking n etc.

MIChelle
playyard for ur kid at this age.. he/she might reject oredi. :p i wanted to sell off m i ne now.. but hb dun allow.

baby's national day out.
wow.. seems like a fun fun event for most mummies here
happy.gif

pegsfur
ovann's birthday cake is beautiful!!! PG????????????????? the hammer is molded??? or a toy frm fisher price?

u girls sending ur kids to so many differnt classes oredi? my poor lil girl is like still a baby to me.. and 2nd class citizen when compared to her korkor
sad.gif

babys
u r shyna's mummy ? whahaha ur facebook got so many nice food for ur baby to eat

Joia, i thk some babies can walk but some still crawling so i'm asking here if we need to set up play area...one thing is the floor is not as clean bring playmat quite troublesome too.

Swimming maybe whoever interested can go there early? need to check wif regg on this.

Well, we need some helpers to be there early to decor the place...like blowing balloons lolx

smurfy: yup, thats me... i'm shayna's cooking mama...

yummy food but when she sees our food she refuses to eat her food!

insist on eating our food. must bluff, like show her french fry, then when she open her mouth for it i quick quick put the spoon of porridge inside!!!

LAdies.............me n lucas cant join in for the party liao
happy.gif
i hv one 8 days flt....trying hard to swap it away though....so so very sad le

babiesmeme,
I also give papaya straight to ovann, never cook leh.

michelle,
I normally let ovann roam in his walker when i'm doing chores. Or if he's feeling guai guai, i put him in his cot, dump a few toys for him to play and quickly do my chores.

smurfy> oh where did you buy the playyard from? ur hb wants ur bb to play in the playyard still? :p

pegsfur> oh, cos J is outgrowing his walker already. so we're thinking of letting him roam in a confined area. hopefully it'll be safer :S

smurfy,
No lah, ovann's cake not from PG. It's from a home baker. Oh, the hammer is moulded one, I sent her a pic of the hammer and she did it for me
happy.gif

baby s,
Hahaa .. must trick shayna huh .. sometimes we also do it to ovann.
happy.gif

gooood mrng everyone~

babyS:: haha..ur funny. the video.. Mattea was hunry when i was filming her. when she started to cry, i din bother n cont to film, cos i find it so funny the way Keona is sleeping..n not at all disturbed. then latr on, Keona moved abit n her hands was just in front of Mattea's mouth.. hungry n angry Mattea tot milk milk was there, n tried to suckle for milk....n Keona still sleeping! LOL~

regd the kindermusik, i tink they hv 8 terms..or smting like dat. each term has a different theme. if ur looking for enrichment classes to train the brain or watever, i guess kindermusik is not so much!?! i personally feel it's more of getting the bbs/kids to be more aware of different sounds, wat object make wat sounds, rythem, musics, dances....bonding with parents..fun, fun n lotsa fun. ok, to be fair, i guess it does work on their brains at some point bah. (info i write here might not be totally accurate, cos i din really go into to understand the entire prog....im not so into all these, so ya..everything is go try out to hv fun niah! hehe.)

sharon/joia:: dun tempt me with iphone4 leh.. really tight to afford it leh. ): wondering if i can just chg my existing sim card to the micro-sim (of cos pay the $20+ or wat)..n get the phone frm apple shop instead? else, i wld need to sign another line woh. duno hw this will work leh.

bobo: oh no! ur friend must be so so worried! hope she and baby will be fine..

ask u mummies ah, there is this range of body care products for babies with sensitive skin.. start with S one.. i think the packaging is white pink and blue.. quite a common brand. whats the brand name ah?

michelle,
my girl has outgrown her walker too. same as pegsfur, when she's in a good mood, i'll throw some toys in her cot and let her play. but max 10mins. otherwise me and hub will take turn to play with her while we do the chores! i never really considered play yard before cos i know she'll climb out of it in no time!

babiesmeme,
get baby papaya and cut into half then just use spoon to scrape. i dun steam it cos very soft alrdy.

pegsfur,
your cake from aunty yochana?

Goood morning all
happy.gif

hi pegsfur,
ovan's birthday cake is very unique! Nice !

hi joyful,
thanks again for organizing the baby's day out. My girl was very fussy after 10am as she wanted to sleep but couldn't. Sorry i had to leave the auditorium early...

hi bobo,
thanks for sharing your views on kindermusik. yep, i guess it's more for having fun with the bb and parents.

hi michelle,
you can get the playyards from kiddy palace. My girl doesn't want to stay in the play yard unless i'm also inside ! *Headache*

ah, yes yes sebamed!

my friend's baby has eczema, and she is 10 months old now and has enver used soap for bath time..

Wondering if sebamed is good..

BabyS

javier got eczema too.. he's using QV wash and physiogel cream+lotion.. and i use cetaphil for my face coz i got sensitive skin too..

smurfy,
why you said your #2 like 2nd citizen?

fatbobo,
its ok bah? I got a fren who got ckn pox during preggie ok leh...

smurfy,
why you say you lil girl is like second class citizen huh...i also never send my gal to classes! we signed up for a 8-session class previously. but only went for 3 or 4 times cos she kept falling sick.
and some more, i find it a bit stressed cos just for a one-hour class in the pm, we need to start planning in the morning - like make sure she naps, quickly eat lunch. then come back fr class still need to rush to cook her dinner.

so hub and i decided not to send her for classes until she's slightly older. i see some of my frens with school-going kids, every weekend for them is a mad rush. i think i try and enjoy the first few years before i fall into that mad rush too!
happy.gif

babyja,
i read from the book my baby first foods, after 12 months can eat egg white, as egg white hv more allergans. nurse say egg yolk can start at 9 mths old till 15 months then take MMR jab leh...white n yolk damn confusing for me....tink now i can start him on white lah..since everyone hv started.
is javier using the QV kids wash, is so difficult to find this kids wash, my elder son Stanley hv eczema too..

celine n deebee
#2 dun have the priviledgegs n exposure like #1. when #1 whines.. everyone rushes to #1 and forgets #2.
sad.gif

baby shower foam
i use sebemed.. and califonia baby. and lataclyd (dunno how to spell).. dun wanna stick to a single brand

egg whites n yolk
tot egg white is alright frm 12mths onwards.. and before MMR jab.. baby must be alright with egg white.

Back