(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

hi gals

i went mattel sale n here's my loot:

1) itsy bitsy bouncer -$40
2) self wind cot mobile - $30
3) turtle 2 in 1 playgym - $20
4) stacker - $20

My gal seems to like the bouncer. calmed her down when she was whiny just now.

bbmaking
did u manage to go?

mashy
are there still a lots of toys there to buy? hubby said this sat go... but i am afraid by then all popular toys sold out already.

Taka Sale

Did I read somewhere that someone mentioned there's a 15% for Taka cardmembers from this Thu 8 Oct until Sun? I tried scrolling thru the archives but can't find the post

Toys for Baby

Any recommendations on toys for BB? I haven't bot anything for Sam. Not even squeeze toys, or swings, or mirros etc. When shd I start giving him toys ah?

I think he must be very bored, coz almost 8 weeks liao n he doesn't even have a cot mobile!

finally free to come online....

jul,
farlin teat puncher shd be still cheaper than buying new teats mah. today i went to look at the avent bottle box & realised tat the teat hv many diff sizes. 0mth, 1mth, 3mths, 6mth, and another L or something.

pris,
my baby ethan also not so suitable to use the fitti diapers. now searching which other cheap diapers for him to use.

Mattel Sales
where is lok yang way ah? which part of s'pore? i so mountain tortoise.

mich,
when i sent email on sep 27, no reply. called them after gotta the no. from pris. the lady told me she juzzzz reply after i called them. i ordered 4S & 2M. she replied i muz take 3 packs each size. so over the phone i told her to change to 3S & 3M then. she said she will advise me 1 day in adv before dly. tot she can arrange tmr.

Phlegm
my baby hv this phlegm sound when he breathes at times. does any of yr baby hv this? do i hv to bring him to PD to check?

Sleep
my baby hasn't been sleeping. His dark eye rings were so bad yesterday tat my HB thot they are bruises.
sad.gif

sharon
i went yishun safra ther is a childcare call Eager Beaver. Quite popular.
Do u haf the order form 4 fitti diaper??can email me??

sharon

thanks! i tot i saw the taka sale post somewhere!

zen

the farlin teat puncher only has 3 sizes: M, L, LL. not as fine a differetiation as the avent ones. i wanted to punch bigger holes in my S teats, but no point b/c 3 new teats cost $4 only.

ioroios, i have used the sling when eating. it's great! cos u can use both hands to eat. but must be careful bcos the baby will be in between u and the table.
if careless, then food might drop on the baby.

actually, the sling is really great. I survived a flight to Tokyo with baby without a bassinet bcos i had the baby in a sling. she was held close to my and slept so well! so I could rest too...

Phelgm~ try using "huo zhu san" ( about $20 each tiny bottle )

mattel sale~wow good buys le!!! anybody wanna go today????

JUl:think now u can introduce him liao ...bbs can only see black/red things.

mattel sale
wanted to go today, but hub last min take leave, so i better guai guai stay home or he'll know i spent more $$ again on toys.

Peg, Ray is just sensitive to 2 diapers - Fitti & NTUC. He has no problem with petpet, dryer, huggies, mamy poko or even goon.

Hi claire, i'm going to the sales later. Thought if u go...will see u there too
happy.gif
I'm going back to work in 1.5weeks time...sianz. When is your ML till?

pris, oh dear, what did you do with the diapers then? Did you manage to sell them off?

mattel sale: those with older kids (girls), lots of barbie stuff, I almost went nuts over it. I bought a few barbie dolls at $15 each and a barbie doll house for $30!

mashy, that bouncer is really a good deal. I told my hb about it, and he asked me why I never buy! :p

mashy

ok. thks! sigh i'm so clueless...

gog to taka sale 2moro? me thinking of dashing there for a couple of hrs. so need to plan my pumping time carefully!

reira & peg,
thanks!
happy.gif
so it's actually very near my house. haha!
happy.gif
but at this young age, i dunno wat kind of toys to buy for baby.....

jul,
the avent one i'm toking is not the puncher. i meant the different teat sizes. wat i meant is i've got to change my baby's teats when he's 0mth (1hole), 1mth(2 holes), 3mth(3 holes), 6mth(4 holes), & 1 more bigger size for juices etc. so means i got to change at least 4 different teats for different age. tats y i find the teat puncher is cheaper. i can jus punch extra holes in the 0mth & 1 mth teats. which brand teats r u using? i'm using avent & nuk.

zen

just go over. U'll find out what toys to get. hahah. Altho not all are necc, it's just nice to have a few pcs at home.
happy.gif
My gal didn't like any of the stuff passed down from her kor kor, so had to try with other toys to see what she likes. She doesn't like noisy toys. Prefers quiet ones with lights.

zen

hee think i wasn't very coherent. i meant that the farlin puncher only has size M (3mths+), L (6mth+) n LL )for juice). u wun be able to use it to punch small holes in the avent teats.

i'm using pigeon normal silicone teats. tried nuk, but sam has kind of outgrown it. like too soft for him or something. haven't tried avent tho.

does avent only have wide neck bottles n teats?

re: mattel sale
they also haf fisher price stuff rite?
i bought the rainforest cot mobile at $70 the previous time...kiddy palace selling $129 or $149 i tink

too bad cant go today

Hi Peg and Reira: Thanks for the advice. How many bags are there in each pack of Lanisoh storage bags? Reira, mind if you give me the (Redhill) lady's contact?

Sharon : There are FP stuff at the Mattel sale. Be prepared that many of those have dusty and quite old packaging. But given the price, I don't mind if the packaging looks a little jiat lat :p

Back