(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

poshicon
I've the Peg Perego. Yes... it's very heavy but very steady. No worries about toppling at all. But if i go out alone wif baby, won't bring it out cos too heavy for me to handle unless got friends to help out. But since hubby's the one carrying most of the time, i agreed to buy it.

Now thinking of getting a lighter weight one so that i can go out alone wif baby and #1.

Sam,
Is the capella one still on sale now? Find Combi too flimsy and was thinking of Capella. The price is reasonable too.

BabyEthan,
Last Thursday, when I was idle shopping in Parkway, I think I saw it at Isetan as well during the 3-day 20% off sale, around $150 mark. Probably need to try your luck if it's still going. The one I bought at BHG was more than 2 weeks back, so I'm not sure the sale is still going for it. The Capella's bigger wheels for the model I bought makes it a little more stable to handle than the Combi I think.

Strollers.
I got my stroller from Combi.. actually tot it has nice colour and its so easy to handle to close and open.. Hmn.. guess its individual preference.. But the only regret i have is that it looks abit small.. Am afraid that may not be able to use it for too long.. for that price we are paying too.. So that part, not so value for $$

Hi Beverly,
Wanted to ask you this question but kept forgetting. Is there any reason why doc wants to do the c-section for you at 36 weeks? Sorry, am really ignorant need you to enlighten me. :p

Jamie,

usually for mummies carrying twins like Beverly, Gyne will try to have the babies out once reach full term.

shd be bec will have less complications + less stressful for the mother
happy.gif

Imagine Beverly is carrying 2x2kg in her tummy.. keke maybe when full term might be 2x2.5kg

Hi Sunsweet,
But i tot full term is considered once u hit after 37weeks.. not 36weeks? So thats why I am curious.. is it that with few days apart, it does not matter if it is 36 or 37 weeks?

Jamie,

I think if its a few days from 37 weeks it should be fine.

somemore her twins are of weight of a singleton.. thus i guess the gyne is sure of what he/she is proposing to her to C-sect at 36 weeks.

I have abt 2 mths to go b4 delivery.. mixed feeling.. miss the preggy days.. but also wish to unload the weight. haa haa

sunsweet,
Me too, I also have 8 more weeks to go before I deliver. i am more scared.. did you read my earlier thread.. I dreamt tat i was in greaet pain during labour, screaming away.. haha.. I think I will miss my bb kicks.. Its kinda cute huh!

Jamine,

once you carry your baby in your hands you'll forget abt the pain you went thru..

keke

I only pity our hubby who's with us.. seeing us in pain but cannot do anything much but trying their best to be helpful..

keke

Mummies,

How r u guys? I have been missing from e thread e past week. Havent got time to read e past threads. I was busy sourcing for maid, settling new sch for my boy. My boy was down with high fever, flu & cough for e past wk. He was admitted to hospital on Sun & was just discharged yesterday. He was diagnosed by my pd with pnuemonia.
sad.gif
It was pretty bad coping with him & my bb gal in my tummy. I didn’t hve enff rest & was sick also. Lucky, I am feeling much better today. Just returned to work. Can sense that my boss was unhappy that I took 3 days of leave this wk (Mon-Wed), bt I gt no choice.

As posted earlier, my mum is still hving her swings. Hubby & I were e only ones to take care of our boy. My in laws did help a bit, bt MIL was sick too. Our boy was super clingy to mi & hubby when he was sick e past week.

As it gets closer to the EDD, I'm quite excited about seeing her face to face. Now I only get to see ultrasounds, somehow I still can't put her face to memory. As for cute movements, maybe 1st bb, so I don't know whether to consider cute a not after such a long time of feeling them, initially maybe when I play tapping games with her, or when I'm in good mood to watch her distort my tummy, now she's got more strength in her limps, it can get nauseating when she does aerobics for too long.

For the birth, I don't have high hopes for my pain threshold, maybe if I'm stubborn enough (which I can be sometimes towards pain when I'm determined), I can go without epidural, but I'm not betting on it. I got history of passing out before during painful 1st day menses, though nowadays, I use painkillers to wear off 1st day menses. I definitely don't want to pass out during labour.

Those who are keen to buy Kodomo Baby wipes, Watson have sales each pkt at $1.90 U.P$2.20 i think NTUC might be more exp..

I wonder if they have the buy 10 get 1 free promo.. keke if have, its worth to buy ...

Jamie,
Sunsweet is right. My gynae said can do the C-section anytime between 36wks and 37wks. He was the one who selected the date for me so I just follow. In actual fact, another doctor from KKH twins clinic advised me to deliver the baby after 34wks coz she said the chances of complication for twins after 34wks is higher. So I guess it depends on the doctor and the babies’ condition as well. My gynae is quite happy with my babies’ weight and he said if things go well, my babies do not even need to stay at SCU and can go home with me…

Sunsweet,
My HB is not allowed to go in and accompany me for the C-section. So I won’t pity him :p As I told him the procedure will last for half an hour, he some more said he can go to eat at McDonald when I’m inside……-_- *fainted*

some baby's skin are senstive to certain brand..

so usually will go for fragrance free ones.

also the quality of the wipes are differnt some are soft to touch and cloth-like e.g Kodomo and J&J but some are rough like those housebrands ones..

Beverly,

I dun think he will go Mac lah.. he will be waiting anxiously for you and the kids
happy.gif

I wonder if he is allow to follow the nurse to see them weight and clean the new born?

I tot my hubby did after I've delievered he was suppose to follow the nurse to see them weight and clean up the kid. while my Gynea sitched me up.. Haha i couldn't remember cos I was too tired from all the pushing.. just happy to see the lil one all wrapped up lying on the warm bed that's prep for her arrival

beverly
ur dh realy got a sense of humour bout the 30 mins macdonald getaway haha

fluffysheep
some wet wipes are more moist while some are not so.. pureen ones i notice is very wet..
some says pigeon one is the best...

some kids buttock react to different brand of wet wiptes too.

haha.....I hope he won't lah. If I don't see him when I'm out from the OT, I will be very disappointed de.

I'm not sure where will the nurse do the weighing and cleaning of babies leh. Not sure if HB is allowed to follow or not. You know in RH, many restrictions one...huh...if not becoz of $$$, will deliver in private hospital liao so HB can accompany me during the C-section. You know I'm so worry and scared. Same as Jamie I'm having nightmares also. Can't imagine the doctor will cut me and bring my babies out while I still remain conscious leh...

Hey, HBB! I tried the ice cubes cooling therapy and it works!!! I wrap the ice cubes with a face tower and rub it on my tummy. So happy that i didn't scratch my tummy that much. But abit ma fan have to keep changing the ice cubes. I also switch on my air-con since morning. As long as I don't feel warm, I won't feel itchy. But....this month's utilities bill I really "no eyes see" lor....

beverly so u delivering in RH huh?

glad the ice cube method work for u
it works for mild case of rashes... for extreme case it hardly works haaaa
i also no eye see my bill ... lucky i 'stay cool' haa head to shower if needed

HBB,

I mean Restructured Hospital - KKH. hahaha....not Raffles Hospital.

ya ya, the ice cube method is good...thanks for suggesting this method...hope it helps to save $$$ too coz I want to try it without air-con...kekeke....

Beverly
oh haaa so u mean th other RH hehe...
endure! all will b fine yea... if u hav aloe vera at home jus use tat as well.. put it in fridge hee then apply

i always amazed at how fast time flies.... i enjoy my preggy days but also cant wait to see bbies...
happy.gif

i haven eaten coconut but i ate 3 scoops of icream at ice cream chef today... heh heh heh... feeling q pleased
happy.gif

gg for checkup next tue... hope all ok...

Hi ladies, seems like i missed out lots again.. been back to work since wed as my last day of mc given was on tues.. i guess my moods been DOWN.
i've been crying over the past 3 days without any valid reasons.. im feeling the stress frm my work.. imagine the 5 mths of lesson plans(including June) i have to write n hand in b4 i go on my ML..=(
wads the best part? wen i stepped back in sch on wed.. there was this big quarrel btw 2 tchrs.. n i was involved jus cos we 3 teach the same classes n cos of language barrier, i have to be the translator.. n i get BOMBARDED as they get angry with one another.. i feel "innocent". today another 2 big quarrels happen again n yet again, it involves me wen i am only the MIDDLE person.i really dono wad to say girls.. it really gives me the urge to quit straight away like Now.
*sigh*..somemore hubbies working nite shift today n not coming hm.. been crying since jus nw.. i feel im getting more n more emo each day. =(

....sorry for the naggy post. anw HBB, i jus saw yr email, i'll xfer u the $$ tmr or over the wkends? sorrie abt it.. =|

Jeslyn, relax, relax...Think of something happy and think of your baby. Dun bring back unhappiness from workplace to home. Do something you like...music? TV? Just don't think about workplace issues.....

Oh dear <font color="ff0000">Jeslyn</font>, I am sorry for you. I hope things work out and you cheer up again. Think positive things, like how cute your little will be, etc. else your stress could lead to depression, which could affect your baby too. You know what they say abt Happy Mummy, Happy Baby.

<font color="ff0000">Kitty</font>, I didnt know you were so ill, glad you are better now. Vomitting stop? Unfortunately, I also missed the last meetup, hopefully we can all meet up in June (perhaps 2nd week) before our <font color="ff0000">Bestberries</font> go for her c-section. And 3 scoops is amazing, I usually can only finish one :p

<font color="ff0000">HBB</font>
We can be C-O-C-O-N-U-T buddies, I love them too. Had one after dinner just now. Yum!

<font color="ff0000">Strollers</font>
I have one now, from Combi (yes, lightweight, narrow and easily foldable), but that's not for infants as it cannot be reclined totally. The one I used for my #1 is spolit so I have thrown it away. Hoping someone will buy me one after baby is born else just carry lor, chances are I won't be going out much anyway and when I do, I won't be alone.

jeslyn: think rt now we are more emotional, but it's good u release ur stress by crying rather than bottling up. It's difficult when caught in between colleagues but sometimes it just happen. just know it's NOT your fault ok?

my boss today question me about some finances stuff, so luckily i can cover myself cuz i also knew about it very recently - good thing is we now know the issues, and we can work towards correcting it. problem is i kena crap from the other side and said i must be responsible for the shit that happens and am happening even though it was the way before i came in! i can only lun but i felt it was unfair due to their own neglience, now to cover themselves, email left and rt, except to my boss, that i am responsible for the "lousy" work and "non-adherence" to the policies. anyway i just tell myself, it's ok, they can say wat they wan, as long as i do my job, and make sure my boss understands the PAINS i have with the other side, even though my pay increments and such will be affected cuz the other side has a final say over my bonus etc, it's ok. and if my boss cannot understand, then i'll just leave, cuz i was prepared to quit the company even before i join this dept.

so jeslyn, just hang in there ok?? think of the 16 weeks of bliss once ur ML starts :p then u can start thinking if u want to continue working in that place. if u dun wan, then just do wat u need to do so that she cannot say u never do ur job. even if u leave, atleast u leave with a clear conscience, and she can say whatever she wants.

my boy is a bit small at 32 weeks, only 1.7kg ... a bit upset but ok ... he's still v active ... but as usual i'm too tired or busy at work to really pay attn to him. i feel a bit sorry since he's so neglected :p

prob will deliver by 38 weeks, so tt will be end june ... hopefully my boy will be big and strong enuff by then! been eating durians, beef and chugging cactus juice!

lamieger: i also want to sleep thru the nite, i can but i am worried about my gal when she sleeps on the bed with me (if she falls off) (the stupid hubby rather sleep on the floor than transfer my gal into her bed) and rt now she's coffing, so if she coffs i wake up to make sure she's not choking. then i also wake up to ensure she's not exposing her tummy and she's covered with the blanket ... enjoy this while u can lah ... i slept on average 4 hours a day once i started working again until i stopped breastfeeding ... can't take the stress of pumping and unsupportive colleagues and new portfolio ... hopefully this time round will be better ... investing in a more exp pump :p

hugz to u jeslyn
I tink u v stress in school ....
tat environment seemed realy unbearable manz
like wt e rest say endure endure endure
aft ML u cn throw letter le!
I understand hw it feels esp whn hubby nt ard too... feel free to rant here k. we r here for u!

take ur time to tt mi e funds cos I haven login to chk aso ;p

FOZ
haa.. coconut buddies!
I withdrawal syndrome nw.. like nvr drink enuff but dn dare drink more till nxt week.. scared too cooling

jeslyn, rem to check with ur HR if ur childcare leave will be pro-rated for this yr or u can utilise all the 6days. rem to fully utilise before u throw letter. no need to give face. :p

Jeslyn
Relax... yes.. dun bring the unhappiness at work home. No worries abt grumbling here. We are all here to listen.
happy.gif
*hugz*

HBB, FOZ
I think coconut drink is the best drink throughout pregnancy. I already had 3 coconuts. :p never feel it's enuf each time. But got to limit. Scared baby comes out too early.

Re Playpen
Can I know on average how much is a playpen? Saw really cheap ones that costs abt $100 to $300. What are the difference? Anyone has any comments? Thinking of getting one to put at my mum's place when i do confinement there.

bbethan
my gf gt a pretty decent lookin one for less than 120. fr OG I tink

e diff prob is w vibrations/crib light n etc anot I tink
n hw many 'level' u cn adjust
n if it comes w e change station anot

There's a breastfeeding talk organised by Pigeon, given by Mrs Wong, http://www.pigeonbaby.info/event.php?news_id=11 incase any mummies are interested, on the 30th May

Think I sat thru the baby yoga topic before, it's slightly longer than what was done during our parentcraft class because she used real babies to demo the exercises. The breastfeeding one I haven't sat rhru before.

im lying on bed only moving my fingers to surf net n yet im sweating!crazy man!! n today's weather shld b considered cooling!!!

hbb
no lah... i don't mean induce labour. just worried that too much coconut will be too liang and no good for body and end up giving birth too early.

foz - yup i sure hope to be able to join u ladies. missed the last 2 already... coconut buddies, haha, i still dare not drink...

lamagier - i thot i was the only weird one that dont hv to get up and pee. my bladder like before preg, can dahan, thot din drink enuff water...

bbethan
oic.. ya i scare too liang also hehe.. nvm..drink again nxt week haa...

sheryl
yes for mi can start drinking liao im already in week 34...

Hi LS &amp; Kitty,
Oh dear, you both better take care and rest well. It's really worrying when contractions starts so early. Take care.

Hi beverly,
haha, your husband very funny... Go eat McDonalds then come back... Maybe by then he's too anxious and camp outside the operating room =p

Hi Jeslyn,
Hope you are feeling better. Don't worry, I guess the teary part is probably due to our hormones going into overdrive. I also find myself tearing for no reason every other day.

Hi Pretty Bunnie,
Pregnancy + #1 => don't need to sleep liao. How do you scrap by with that little sleep?!? Pei fu...

Hi HBB,
Yah, I'm sweating just sitting down too. Woke up last night and had to go drink cold water cos feels like my insides are overheating, this is despite the fact I had air-con on. Weather is horrendously hot.....

Good morning moms! And yes I think we can def drink coconut now
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Quitting after clearing ML and Childcare leave</font>
What about recuperssion? Won't that reflect badly in our cv when we next wanna look for jobs? I am very concerned about this. Propsective bosses immediately have this negativity towards you.

<font color="ff0000">Pretty Bunnie</font>
You are also a teacher? Some of my friends who teach rather accept a lower pay job elsewhere than continue teaching. They said teaching is no longer just about teaching. You have to do loads extra stuff, admin or otherwise, e.g. lead CCAs, organise events, be in a committee to obtain awards like PDS, SQC, etc which takes tons of time and efforts.

BabyEthan (babyethan),
I was also looking at Playpen.. I went to Robinson, OG, Isetan, kiddypalace, metro.. aiyo everywhere to take a look. I think the some of them are really affordable like S$109 onwards but I find that the board is kinda hard and uncomfortable but I guess with a thicker comforter/blanket is shd solve the issue. Also some of them comes with a changing diaper tray or those buckets for u to dispose ur waste/used diapers. Some also comes with those hanging topys or canopies. With those add-on, it shd be around S$179/S$300. I saw one at Robinson, Graco.. which cost at S$229.00 quite good, thinking of getting it too.. cos i got S$40 voucher.

Lamagier,
Ya, I also feeling super grouchy today. Was upset with my hubby and really give it to him this morning. Just want to argue abt the silliest thing like going to work for me now is a chore.. no one gives seats to me.. Students/NS men, just look at my stomach and continue to stare but dun want to give up their seats.. Its horrible. I wonder what kind of education is Spore giving to our next generation. Its pathetic! I really feel darn upset with these pple today.

Jeslyn,
Your school sounds like a battle field.. You better take shelter.. hang on there and next time, see anyone arguing, just walk out.. Poor thing. being involved for no reasons at all.. Just take it easy. Its not easy but maybe u can try to get another job/school once everything is more settled.. it really does not sounds like a good place to continue to work or have a work life balance.

Pretty Bunnie (bunniette)
Did the doc says anything about your bb boy's weight, if not its ok. My friends said its genes, some pple their bb quite small but when they come out, they will grow fast too.. And sometimes, last few weeks, they will grow very fast one. :D
My going for my 32 weeks next tues.. hopefully, she will be around 1.7kg, i be very happy. Cos the last time i weigh my bb, she is only 1.2kg, thats also considered quite smalll..

Back