(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

<font color="3D6EB3"><font color="2B4D7D">@doveyc</font>
my doc told me need to take 2 jabs for pneumococcal before baby turn 1 yo. both jabs muz be spaced 1 mth apart. not necessary muz take @ 7 mths. i intend to give my ger a longer break aft her 6-in-1, planning to take @ 8 mths.

maybe we cld meet up btw 3-5 feb. any other north mommies keen?

<font color="2B4D7D">@ahnetsan &amp; bbmarilyn</font>
dun b too sad abt the offering of seats. i guess singaporeans r juz getting more conscientious. 宁可“杀”错,不可放过。haha..

<font color="2B4D7D">@maryg</font>
when yr boy can sit w/o support, u can seat him in a highchair. i'll clean the arms of the chair and tray cos my ger will owaz try to taste it.

<font color="2B4D7D">@createjoy</font>
u r impressive.. i cannot imagine havin #2 cos my hands r full wif juz one.</font>

<font color="3D6EB3"><font color="2B4D7D">@bbpotato</font>

do u noe if we can order medication fr drugstore eg med for (adult) ezcema. if im nt wrong, the med requires a doc prescription when purchased locally.</font>

jamie: thks thks!!

createjoy: hahaha! ah bish accepted willingly. kekeke. emailed u

superbee: emailed u

rosel: ok. maybe i should try letting him sit on highchair soon. cos now at my in-laws, he is sitting in "bu kia yi - mother son bamboo chair" and he likes to stand up a lot... so very soon that chair would not be able to hold him. also if he can sit in high chair, might need to buy one to replace the bumbo at my mom's.

i use my boy's calendula cream on my rash recently and they healed. maybe u can try too.

pregnancy: i gained 17kg for my pregnancy. weigh 72 kg before birth. managed to shed off 11kg. still got 6 more kg to go... so difficult la... i have relatives and friends asking me where am i during bb full month celebration lo! so depressing!!!

jurpt gathering: too far le. if imm i still can join.

botanical gathering: will have to check with hubby first.

<font color="3D6EB3"><font color="2B4D7D">@maryg</font>
hey maryg, thanks for the tip. actually, its for my hubby. he has eczema.. can get quite bad. maybe i will buy calendula cream for him to try. is it v thick n creamy?

<font color="2B4D7D">@bbpotato</font>
hmm... then i try to buy? any ongoing discounts for drugstore?</font>

bbpotato
yday just after u say mention arik crawl backward, today i fd jayden do push up backward out of the bumoer mat while i was happily surfing the net! bed is out of bounds fpr him now. my bed is like 80cm high cant imagine if he fall out of it, mil will kill me!

mil still nt patch up. got talk abut but still no longer carry jayden but at least got talk to him..

the ameda lactaline new funnel v weird leh cannt turn well w/ the hospital glass btl. last night almost 12am, the btl drop aft i pump,gosh my precious milk spill all ovr the flr, so sweet n oilyy that i have to mop it 3 times! i feel like roll myself on the floor to apply the milk all over me dont waste, like some of u use FEBM to bath.

anyone got remedy for itchy ears? jayden been scratching till it bleed then about to recvr he scratch again!

<font color="3D6EB3"><font color="2B4D7D">@maryg</font>
calendula cream volume discount: Buy 6 for only USD8.99 ea. - wanna share? i'll take 2..

<font color="2B4D7D">@createjoy</font>
lol @ yr tot of rollin on the floor so as nt to waste the EBM.. 1 of my ameda funnel cracked.. need to get replacement. the new funnel no gd?

i tink jayden cld be teething.. my ger oso scratches her ear alot. i suspect its the teething of the molars..</font>

rosel
it's BPA free, it's good like the old one n look more unbreakable. just dunno y it doesnt tighten well w/ the similac hospital glass btl. he scratch very long already. everytime it about to recvr think recvring itch, he scratch bleed again...

anyone keen in getting y teat wide neck? got 2 pigeon wide neck premium teat for jayden he dont like it! $3.90 for 2 incl postage.

haha paiseh shun bian adv for my sis , she selling her ikea white highchair $10, can send if jurong east area. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3501172.html?1263382839

and a swing for 2 kids at $55.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3491874.html?1263260951

i be joining the gathering too
happy.gif

BONTANICAL GARDEN PICNIC CUM GATHERING – 23rd JAN SAT 10AM

Meeting point: ECO gardens

Since its gg to b potluck, we nid to indicate wad we are bringing....
<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1. Lovelytulip + bb Dwayne + HB</TD><TD>Eclairs </TD></TR><TR><TD>2. kikismom+ bb kaley + kieren</TD><TD>Soon kueh </TD></TR><TR><TD>3. blurmom + bb Daylon</TD><TD>paper plate/forks </TD></TR><TR><TD>4. fifi&amp;cash + bb Kirsten + HB + Helper(TBC)</TD><TD>pandan cake </TD></TR><TR><TD>5. Annie + bb Nesher Matthias Oh + HB (hubby will let me know tonite going or not)</TD><TD>Mini Fruit Tartlets from delifrance. Will need to know how many ppl attending then order:- </TD></TR><TR><TD>6. Innocentwar + bb Kaiqi + HB(TBC)</TD><TD>sandwich </TD></TR><TR><TD>7. ecmom + bbCayden + helper(mum and Elisha TBC)</TD><TD>potato salad + tomato appetizer </TD></TR><TR><TD>8. bbPotato + bb Arik + Kendrick + HB</TD><TD>Fishballs or Bee Hoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>9. superbee + bb Danelle + Adelle + HB + helper(TBC)</TD><TD>drinks or fruits-will confirm </TD></TR><TR><TD>10. createjoy + bb jayden + hb</TD><TD>marble cake </TD></TR><TR><TD>11. sweethalo + Noah + hb</TD><TD>potato chips &amp; nachos </TD></TR><TR><TD>12. (TBC) rosel + bb + hb -</TD><TD>1 carton of chrysanthemum tea </TD></TR><TR><TD>13. creamer + bb Genevieve + HB </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14. jling + bb jack </TD><TD>curry puffs </TD></TR><TR><TD>15. bbaugustine+ augustine+HB or helper (will be confirmed)</TD><TD>fried noodles </TD></TR><TR><TD>16. 11_beans + hb + bb Javen + helper</TD><TD>Fishballs or Bee Hoon - bbPotato u choose which one u wanna bring I bring the other hehe </TD></TR><TR><TD>17. bluedream + bb ashton + hb</TD><TD>agar agar </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

PS *PLS BRING ALONG UR MATS...

ya lor, ever since A started flipping, we always surround all e sides of e bed with bolsters and pillows, nw abit insecure also, cos he will try to climb his way out.

wah so im not the only one with a baby who is not sleeping thru the nite yet??? Im quite resigned to the fact that he will be waking up for milk for a long time more. I know of pple whose babies still wake up at 2 yrs old!!!

Ahnetsan, Im working now and start super early so the 2 hrly wakings is really not helping...

Createjoy, i might be able to do a Northpoint meeting but i can only meet at ard 4pm after work=P

MaryG, i have already started putting aug in high chair at restaurants...

If got any gatherings in the North, i can join too but in the late afternoon. You gals can PM me.

Talking abt weight, I still have abt 3kg to lose but i think very hard to lose cos i eat alot due to breastfeeding. sigh.

Superbee,
Wah me same as your, before preggy I only 45kg, after D&amp;G for my first preggy shoot up to 50+, After gave birth to my girl went upto 63kg stagnant for abt 2years, after Cayden drop till 56-59kg.
Most important my tummy is super big, like 5mths preggy, think it already become permanent resident.

bbpotato/ahnetsan,
I few like poking continues few days, I have a feeling I’m preggy so took out the balance test kits and test, bingo, I’m preggy 

Createjoy,
Where is jurpt?

rosel -
yeah I was concerned because I only mix 40ml -50ml into cereal? So seems like he will not drink as much? He only manages 120ml every 3hrs as it is if I am not direct breastfeeding him.

Actually before finally introducing solids to Noah, he has been looking eagerly at what we eat. That's the hint I took that he was ready, and when we started, he was so absolutely ready. NO rejection nothing, full happiness and chuckling from Noah. Then suddenly... BOOMZ!

toffeecat -
thanks for sharing Rouxuan's feeding schedule... and yeah, Noah needs alot of extra encouragement to finish up his cereal in between his tears, that's why I thought I would take a break.

Last Sat tried again with the rice cereal. Not much success after 2 spoons he started wailing. We had to do all sorts of teasing with toys etc for him to finish up. Then later in the afternoon he vomitted and we brought him to the PD. Was told by Doc to just BF him and not to give him FM or whatever solids for awhile. So now waiting for another chance to reintro.

I was thinking maybe after introducing Pumpkin, the rice cereal with BM may not be so tasty anymore? sigh.. I really don't know anymore...

The GOOD THING is Noah still steals glances at us when we snack and eat in front of him. He even swallowed saliva as if to say "wah so nice huh?" hahaa... the problem now is finding what will he want to eat!!!

Today, I took his spoon and waved it around his face. Brought the spoon to his lips and he opened it... hahah maybe he knew it was empty...whahhaha

Annie-
What?? Nesher wearing rompers for 18mth old?? You really have a GIANT there...hahah

maryG,
i think my baby is not ready for high chair yet but its true.. don't know if bumbo can last even 2 months more. Mommies, anyone good experience with the bumbo can share?

sweethalo,
my baby also threw up big time today. like merlion, 3 or 4 gushes of milk/avocado. Didn't know that her stomach was holding so much. Wonder if its my fault for overfeeding her... How long have you been feeding solids to Noah? Wonder if I should bring her to see PD cos its the 2nd time she threw up.

mummies,
any of you baby did not gain weight?
Cayden weight have been stagnant since two mth ago, he look slimmer. really hope wont be another episot coming.

Morning mummies

yesterday on leave. go kkh for nesher colic &amp; constipation checkup. don have to go anymore.. as doc said he is gaining wt &amp; is a tall big boy
happy.gif

jamie- thanks for adding my order. will transfer the money tonite
happy.gif

MaryG- non-member is $3.20 for weekend. wkday hubby can sign in 4 guests so it be free if i remember correctly
happy.gif

createjoy- u already so skinny... b4 pregnant i was 45kg &amp; gain wt to 66kg &amp; now 43kg

sweethalo- nesher a gentle giant..yesterday he go hold a 5mth+ baby gal hand... aiyoh.. tat gal also big size born in july 7 she is 69cm tall

ecmom- he will gain wt soon.. pray for him
happy.gif

sweethalo,
jayden been ok w/ porridge for 1st wk then after that was hmm hmm must cheat him till last sun intro fish porridge n chk this week, he seem ok, will auto open mouth already, i guess they are just smart fellas choose what they like to eat... mayb rest another week try other things. i been giving babybites, gerber puff n fruits as well, mayb u can try diff variety see what he like, fruit cereal, veg cereal, porridge etc.... but of cos in ur case just start no meat, unless u comfortable to try . i use chk bones only no meat no skin not so oily. dont want him to eat the meat yet anyway also save $ haha

Mine dun like his food also, yday gave him porridge, he totally detest it. He keep holding e spoon in his mouth and blowing all e porrdge out.

createjoy
haha i also have not meet them before. anyway i go and post

i did not received any email from you regarding bb group photo

rosel,
i'm staying in Bishan, also keen to meetup in feb.

createjoy,
is it too late for the group photos for the bbies? can PM me too? thks!

ecmom,
my gal has always being the small-built category. During the 6-mth PD check, she was only 7.2kg, still at the 50-percentile.. didn't increase much from past months. It could probably explained that she doesn't drink much too, she is still taking 120ml for 3-hourly interval, sometimes even stretched to 4-hourly interval. Pls don't worry too much as long Cayden is eating, drinking and active.

mummies,
any of your bb still can't sit upright without support?

Marilyn has been happilyy rolling all over the playmat, and at times, crawl backwards using her little butt. But when carrying her to sit upright, she will do so for seconds and then slide to the side... hmmm...

sweethalo,
I can fully empathise what u are going thru', especially relating what i went thru' with my elder son. When we intro cereals and puree to him when he was 6-months old, he will turn his head away and wail loud, protesting and refuse to take his solids... we tried umpteen times, and entice with toys, switching on TV, etc and he just doesn't take the bait. HE JUST LOVES HIS MILK !!

He was gaining weight steadily and still active, and meeting his milestones and so we were not quite worried. We figured he was not ready for solids then. But occasionally, we will try giving him cereal once-a-week, same thing, he will take a few spoonful and blow bubbles thereafter...hhhaaaa...It was frustrating and mind-boggling as we don't know what his taste preference.

When he was 9-months old, we intro porridge and he took his big bite and enjoys his meals from then on..and we gear-up and gave him 3-times porridge with vege and threadfin.

As for my 2nd gal now, she is quite receptive to her vege puree so far.. although our 1st and 2nd attempts afew weeks ago wasn't successful, but with my #1 ordeal, i decided to take it one-at-a-time and don't force-feed her..

Sweethalo, don't give up!

sweethalo,
dun worry lah.. Val is also a fussy eater.. cereal or puree.. at most take 5 mouths then reject liao..
so far, I been adding a bit of cereal (about 1 table spoons) to 2 or 3 feeds of her EBM.. so at least she is taking in some iron.. (iron in our BM is not enough for them after 6 months).. taking it easy.. no point stressing both mummy and baby
happy.gif

her milk intake remains around the same (around 750ml to 900ml per day depending on her mood)..

ecmom &amp; bbmarilyn
so sorry i think u may wanna wait for next group if this group turns out well cos overwhelming response too crowded n not easy w/ so many bb. think we already have 8 bb w/ mummies n mayb some daddies may turn up i foresee will be a mess!

rosel: any other charges besides the retail price?

bbaugustine:will bb move around or try to get out? yr bb can sit w/o assistance liao ma?

annie: thank u for the information.

weight gain... i am so envy of u all lo... those who slim down liao. envy envy envy!!!!!

1. Lovelytulip + bb Dwayne + HB Eclairs
2. kikismom+ bb kaley + kieren Soon kueh
3. blurmom + bb Daylon paper plate/forks
4. fifi&amp;cash + bb Kirsten + HB + Helper(TBC) pandan cake
5. Annie + bb Nesher Matthias Oh + HB= Mini Fruit Tartlets from delifrance. Will need to know how many ppl attending then order:-
6. Innocentwar + bb Kaiqi + HB(TBC) sandwich
7. ecmom + bbCayden + helper(mum and Elisha TBC) potato salad + tomato appetizer
8. bbPotato + bb Arik + Kendrick + HB Fishballs or Bee Hoon
9. superbee + bb Danelle + Adelle + HB + helper(TBC) drinks or fruits-will confirm
10. createjoy + bb jayden + hb marble cake
11. sweethalo + Noah + hb potato chips &amp; nachos
12. (TBC) rosel + bb + hb - 1 carton of chrysanthemum tea
13. creamer + bb Genevieve + HB
14. jling + bb jack curry puffs
15. bbaugustine+ augustine+HB or helper (will be confirmed) fried noodles
16. 11_beans + hb + bb Javen + helper Fishballs or Bee Hoon - bbPotato u choose which one u wanna bring I bring the other hehe

Hubby going to the botanic garden wif us too
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">BONTANICAL GARDEN PICNIC CUM GATHERING – 23rd JAN SAT 10AM

Meeting point: ECO gardens

Since its gg to b potluck, we nid to indicate wad we are bringing....

<table border=1><tr><td>1. Lovelytulip + bb Dwayne + HB</TD><TD>Eclairs </TD></TR><TR><TD>2. kikismom+ bb kaley + kieren</TD><TD>Soon kueh </TD></TR><TR><TD>3. blurmom + bb Daylon</TD><TD>paper plate/forks </TD></TR><TR><TD>4. fifi&amp;cash + bb Kirsten + HB + Helper(TBC)</TD><TD>pandan cake </TD></TR><TR><TD>5. Annie + bb Nesher Matthias Oh + HB</TD><TD>Mini Fruit Tartlets from delifrance. Will need to know how many ppl attending then order:- </TD></TR><TR><TD>6. Innocentwar + bb Kaiqi + HB(TBC)</TD><TD>sandwich </TD></TR><TR><TD>7. ecmom + bbCayden + helper(mum and Elisha TBC)</TD><TD>potato salad + tomato appetizer </TD></TR><TR><TD>8. bbPotato + bb Arik + Kendrick + HB</TD><TD>Fishballs </TD></TR><TR><TD>9. superbee + bb Danelle + Adelle + HB + helper(TBC)</TD><TD>drinks or fruits-will confirm </TD></TR><TR><TD>10. createjoy + bb jayden + hb</TD><TD>marble cake </TD></TR><TR><TD>11. sweethalo + Noah + hb</TD><TD>potato chips &amp; nachos </TD></TR><TR><TD>12. (TBC) rosel + bb + hb -</TD><TD>1 carton of chrysanthemum tea </TD></TR><TR><TD>13. creamer + bb Genevieve + HB</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14. jling + bb jack</TD><TD>curry puffs </TD></TR><TR><TD>15. bbaugustine+ augustine+HB or helper (will be confirmed)</TD><TD>fried noodles </TD></TR><TR><TD>16. 11_beans + hb + bb Javen + helper</TD><TD>Bee Hoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>17. bluedream + bb ashton + hb</TD><TD>agar agar </TD></TR><TR><TD>18. Ahnetsan + bb Jarius TBC</TD><TD>Tissue paper </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

PS *PLS BRING ALONG UR MATS...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">paging for ahnetsan

updated for you!!!!</font>

bbmarilyn &amp; ecmom
ok will post her again if this session is a success. from my experience not easy. that time wn preg i went to tk for breastfeeding mother support group (FOC they dont pay me but my frd is volunteer there.
a few toddler is a mess, snatch toy, throw temper, cry, run around. i see also wanna faint haha not to mention the lady photographer who doesnt seems v patient ( mayb she charge little or foc also)

u all PM me i put u in a folder to remind myself next rd ok.

newmum-
Have been feeding him for alittle over a week before I stopped for a week... Also had introduced 1 FM nite feed, a week before solids and he was fine with no vomitting.

Maybe you monitor your baby see any fever if not then maybe reduce amt of feeding first.

Ahnet-
PD doesn't know really what happened also since no fever and no diarrhoea. So just monitor and wait and see. He gave Noah some Lactaforte that I put into EBM and feed twice a day. So it's still wait and see.

He has never really vomitted before so got abit panic on Sat afternoon because he vomitted 3 times in short space of time so hurriedly brought him to PD.

My theory (hopeful)is still that he cried too much so maybe that's why puked...hahaha

createjoy -
thanks.. ya I am tempted to try porridge for him but really don't want to give up on cereal yet leh. PD asked me to try mixing new food with cereal and see if he prefers it like that.

Actually funny thing is PD told/ ask me to do whatever, all my answers to him was, ya I did that already... so hahaha... I think he dono what to say anymore...akkakakka

bbmarilyn-
hey Noah is smaller than Marilyn! ahhaha... so don't worry la...

thanks for sharing yr experience with your elder boy... really hope to see Noah smile again when the spoon reaches his mouth with food...quite heartbreaking and discouraging to get crying especially when he started out so well.

Chidori-
How have you been, haven't met you for so so so long! Thanks for your encouragement about Noah. Hiaz.. really tired sometimes dono what to do anymore. Noah is also full of moods!...FAINTZ

I'm also tempted to add cereal to his btl altho I was quite against doing that all this while. Baby Val has quite a good intake of milk at 700ml, that's good!
happy.gif

ECmom-
Don't worry if Cayden is active. I think sometimes we place too much emphasis on weight gain etc. I think that as long our babes are healthy and happy, it'll be fine
happy.gif

annie: thank u for the compliment. first nice complement after birth. kekeke.

sweethalo: u dun have to stop feeding cereal to start on porridge. what i do is cereal for lunch and porridge for dinner. b'cos i think adult already dun like to eat same thing throughout the day, bb should be the same lo.

sweethalo,
pls hold on to ur stand abt not adding cereal to noah's btl...
happy.gif
i was tempted recently too, but HOLD ON!!! dun do dat.
happy.gif

Back