(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, don't despair dear. have u considered bottle feed (using EBM or FM whichever u have) for nights? i read that it settles them more. the routine im trying is to bottle feed her at night, i read it helps them to sleep better. at the boob they sometimes fall in and out of sleep. i'll start at 9pm with a sponge bath and change to sleepgear, massage, read her ABC 123 book, hug and cuddle then put her in her cot by 10pm all swaddled to prevent flailing arms. she should wake up around 1130/12midnight for a feed so i'll give 120ml EBM in bottle (which i pumped around 10pm so it's fresh and i wont be engorged through the night). in the day she usually takes max 90ml so give her more at night to keep her full. currently she's asking for feed at 10pm and another at 12midnight..so tiring for me to wake up twice so give her more in single feed.

in the day alya also seldom sleep much unless my mum rock her..aiyoh spoil the girl i tell my mum. so in the day i play with her, when she starts to yawn and rub eyes, i read that she's tired so settle her for a nap, but will only be for 2hrs then she'll wake up again. need to make her easy to settle cos im going back to work and neither infant care nor even my mum will have the patience i do to entertain my dear alya.</font>

caramelle, update us on your method. I will try to put my baby on 4 hours routine next week. He is getting his jab this sat. Hope I can start the routine next mon.

I will pat my bb to sleep. Sometime take 0.5 hour, sometime 5 mins can le. He will cry while I pat him to sleep. I will put him to sleep after every feed. Feed->Play->Sleep. He is now on 3 hours routine.

<font color="0077aa">BlueDream, do you mean to stretch his feeds to every 4 hrs instead of 3? maybe feed more per feed so he'll be full longer? my girl mostly on every 4 hr feeds but sometimes will start to gape in bwtn so i wonder if i should feed..esp since i BF dont know how much milk they take. cos when i feed she'll just play play suck on nipple. but if dont feed later my parents say baby so poor thing open mouth like want to suck on something, if i dont feed they'll give her pacifier. now im trying to wean her off pacifier cos she likes to sleep with the thing in her mouth until drop off..</font>

Have been letting Kendrick sleep on my bed after the first night feed. Last night I tried to put him back in cot every time after feed, but he didn't like it, so after latching at 4+ he fuss till 6+ before going to sleep again! But yeah, in the cot!

However, quite glad that at least for the first part, he sleep for 4+hr before next feeding. But the next feed will be back to almost hourly again.

In the day time, trying to stretch his feed from hourly to 2 hourly, by latching him longer (40min) and distracting him when he starts to fuss, so tiring today!

<font color="0000ff">hmmmm Sweethalo

Javen also like that leh.. i thought is normal?? haaa i very happy when he awake cos can play with him.. how abt finding more activities to do with him to tire him out? but be sure not to do it too late in evening else night mai koon again or always startle.. that's happening to Javen now
sad.gif

anyway, i usually talk and talk and talk to him, or tummy time or flashcards with him, let him "walk" etc.. quite physical sometimes hahaa

or u massage him lor.. take his legs in a bicycle riding style (Javen LOVES that!!)..

they happy and excited, shd be able to sleep more.. but be sure to catch the signs of tiredness or u end up with overtired baby!!

but i tell u - Javen also wakes up every 1.5 - 2 hours CONFIRMED for milk.. even at night (1, 3, 5, 7am!!!!) - so i thot is normal leh.. alamak!!</font>

sweethalo, my baby oso like dat.. even with the SARONG, he only sleeps 30 mins most in one shot in the day. At night, sometimes he sleeps 5 to 5.5 hours, but sometimes he will wake up 3 hours for milk.

although daytime, i can see he's tired, but he just cant sleep long, dont noe why.. very exhausting i agree, just hope that this period will end when they get older and can take solid food, maybe they will sleep better bah

caramelle, yes I will try it next week to stretch his feeding to every 4 hrs routine. Hope my boy will not fuss too much. He will cry a lot when he is overtire.

vogue mommy, my baby is also waking up every 2 hrs at nite now. He was able to to do 3 hourly feeds previously and sometimes 4 hourly but recently he reverted to 2 hourly feeds at nite. Very tiring. I sleep at midnite and wake up at abt 2am, 4am and 6am. Is it a growth spurt?

Sweethalo, my baby is also very alert in the day. He is a very light sleeper so the sarong helps a lot. The rocking helps him to sleep. I have also started using the pacifier which helps him to go back to sleep when he wakes up.

Yesterday I got my hubby to bottle feed ebm for the midnite feed but unsuccessful. He refused to take the bottle. Hmm will be trying again tmw. Hopefully he takes it.

baby just woke up at 9 and fuss until now! Feed him both breast twice cos he slept everytime and fuss again when put down to cot. Change 2 diapers and finally he can be put down to cot *phew* Hope he sleeps longer this round!

I'm starting to read the Gina Ford book only now... haha Trying to test out those theories, but he doesn't seem to be able to sleep in the cot by himself!

Mummies, seems like we are facing same problem, it a growing phase, my girl used to be like that too, now my boy turn, they will out grow it at abt 3-4mths old.

Bottle feed,
Think my boy also rejecting bottle, he only have 1bottle feed at night, he will only drink 60ml and push the bottle out by his tongue if I force feed he will take another 20ml and cry for my nipple.

Mummyash,
Frozen EBM can keep upto 6mths, my personal view, if you open your freezer often think not advisable to keep so long, the most 3mths.
Dun throw away, I used my EBM to soak my hand, can see the effect. My friend MIL even used it to shower and wash hair, I dun dare coz very smelly.

dolly,
you latch every hour throughout the day?
Cayden used to be like that I try to drag the time let him cry abit, now he is better, only morning and evening he will fuss and I let him suckle and sleep for a while.

Cassey,
The nurses from Mt A nursery offer me the glass bottle when Cayden admitted coz jaundice, you can try to go and request, think they will give you, they quite friendly.

Sweehalo / Skylermum,
Cayden also same, nap only the most 1/2 hr in the day and awake demand for carry or suckle. Worst till he very sensitive to jiejie sound, once he hear jiejie noise he will wake up, so have to quarantine him in my room.

He is awake from 7am+ till abt 1pm (fall sleep a little in between when I latch him), nap for abt 3-5hrs in the noon while jiejie also napping then awake from 5pm+ till abt 11pm+. abit bui tahan, my shoulder and back are soooo painful but still want to cherish his baby time. dilemma

huajing: Yeah, my boy latches almost every hour during day (each time 20 to 30 min). So now I tried to latch longer to 40 min and drag his next feed longer. But if he takes nap, he can sleep for 2 hours depending on his mood.

artist, i am using elect pump, ameda lactaline. but low supply so i squeeze &amp; squeeze and i scare didnt clr well will blk duct or reduce supply so i always try to mk it very clr. really ah u can hep us tk care bb wn we pump? heehee i see hw lor, mum ask me to avoid brg jayden out on 7th mth...
happy.gif

jayden can slp on his own at night but tk an hr and need pacifier....
sad.gif

hapeverafter: Thanks for the reply! How do you find it? How much you pay for it? Didn't see any spree offering it.

Just woke up! My son fuss from 3+ till 7am... huh

Dolly: Erm.... my Sister-in law passed it to me... this is quite a very old model and it is very hard for me to find its accessory.
If you want to bring it to office suggest u can take a more compact model.

vougue mummy, my son oso been thru growing spurt at week 7, supposed to be week 6 so he is 1 week later. Not sure at 3 month old will have another time or not, he is turning 3 month this sunday...

Dolly, thanks, will add them this weekend cos office barred FB.

hapeverafter: My cousin passed me a Medela PIS, thinking of leaving that in office and get a single pump at home. Isn't the accessories the same as PIS?

I've some prob w the PIS, got to pump both breast together then got milk... hmmm, what if the Medela swing kena the same issue...

hey mummies, thks for answering my query on frozen ebm.. I guess ll keep for 3mths bah.. e freezwr is hardly used and there's only ice n milk inside!.. No food in e fridge as well cos no time to cook! ..

11 beans, my boy is like tt too, feeds every 2hr interval..sometimes even 1.5hr!.. tt one cant be trained leh.. Haf to feed when he's cryg for milk.

Skylermum, my boy does nt sleep much in e day as well.. If he can sleep for 30min each time, i am thanking God already.. And in daytime he max sleep only 2hrs in all.. sigh. Tiring i understd. He gets startled easily.. swaddling helps bt i dun dare to swaddle his arms as well cos im worried he'll get too hot.. its also v tiring to make him sleep.. Pat him in arms first.. Then put into cot, if wake up, put into sarong.. If wake up, rock sarong.. If cry, carry in arms.. Then put into cot again..e the cycle cont.. Until he's sound asleep.. Sigh. No time for e mummy to do other things at all. was thinkg if i have a second child, i will surely need a maid!!

dolly, jayden will fuss over his pacifier at nite. drop he will start his hands n legs dancing then mk noise till the moment he gets it back he stop everything n suck contentedly to slp.

those mummy who gone bck or going bck soon, hw oftn u pump? i find 4hr pumping xinku. the breast feel uncomfortable though i not much milk i wonder those of u who pump 300-400 perssion hw u can tahan.. i only 100+ hate the feeling of heavy hard breast.

Dolly,
The accessories is differnt. In fact the accessories for Medela Swing is very hard to find. I want to find the breast sheild for this model until now i still can't find. The staff at Isetan ask me to go novena square to find but i not yet go there. So far i use medela swing quite ok. Milk flow quite good. I never use PIS before so cannot compare the both of it.

createjoy,
don't worry. you are not the only one. I also pump 100+ per time. Sometime even lesser. I pump every 3 hours. If you really feel xin ku try to pump every 3 hour. The milk flow will depend how many times that your baby drink.

hapeverafter: Thanks for the info! Maybe you can try to find the parts from spree? I found those PIS parts from spree, cos it's much cheaper.

My boy is feeding EVERY HOUR now! 10am, 11am, 12am... huh He's talking to himself now, no sign of sleeping yet

Wow so many posts to read since my last post... hehe.. thanks for the replies ladies...

How to get bb to sleep on their own if using props and rocking also dun work huh??? wahhahaha!!

Cassey - thnks so much for the encouragement!I only hope tt he observes more lo... hahaha...else he certainly can drive his mum nuts... haha...yeah can sms u in the wee hrs...

I was surprised tt u were up tt nite... cos i thot Kyle wasnt hving sleep issues at nite...

Caramelle - I can't use the btl for the moment because he has some nipple preference or confusion issues hahhaha... so had to retrain him to do only full latching. Still waiting for the time when I can reintro btl safely without risking his anti-latching behaviour...sigh

11Beans - hmm... if he is wakeful and dun fuss or cry, it's alright for me.. the thing is he is tired and dun wana sleep.. so keep crying and make alot of fuss... activity time I tried, but he gets bored super quickly... less than 10min or 15min then start to bian zhui oredi...

I like it when i just fed him in the morning, I will put him on my lap and chit chat... he is usually full of smiles then.. i suppose cos of the nite's sleep.. it gets terok in the afternoon and evening lo.. .cos tired but no slp! hahahha

SkylerMum - yeah the thing is can see he is so so so tired lo... but just dont wana sleep... wana be carried to slp and cant b put down in cot or bassinet... arrghh... yeah wait till solid food time is like 4mths more lo then got other problems then... wahahhahaha

bbaug- yeah u r right, Noah is a super Light Sleeper lo... little movt or sounds he will open his eyes... then after awhile maybe start fussing...i hvnt given him the pacifier since I tried taking away the btl in case he gets reminded of the btl teat... anyway he didnt really like the pacifier last time also.. kept spitting it out and prefer to cry it out...hahaha

EC_mom- lidat we pengsan they still not asleep yet lo...rofl!! at least Cayden can sleep stretches of up to 5hrs.. Noah just can't take more than 1hr nap, most of the time half hr and alot of times must carry, once put down only cry like crazy...

As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with Noah.. he is not sick or anything leh... some frens asked me to see if he has ear infection but I don't think so since nite he can sleep up to 2hrs plus a stretch...

Dolly: what is spree? got website?

Your boy is it drink half way then fall asleep?
got to wake him up and drink otherwise u will feel very tired. My boy also like that got to wake him up to drink more.

Think babies got their own timing to sleep. My boy always sleep at 11pm. Yesterday night i'm trying to let him sleep but he keep on talking to himself and sharp 11pm he suddenly quiet and sleep..... haha so funny.... think got to train more him ba....

Cassey &amp; qi7,
Kris, Kaelyn n Kyle born on 18 May 09!! yeah the Ks gang...

re: sleeping,
my son dun like the cot and once leave him there he will not sleep one. he will not sleep even if just pat pat him. but somehow he likes to sleep in the mobile swing and will fall asleep on his own. but most of the time, i got to cuddle him and give him a pacifier, he will sleep very quickly. luckily Kris sleeps early at night. he usually sleeps at 9+ or latest 10+ at night and wakes up for a night feed at 4/5am. unlike the rest of you all, he is on FM. maybe that's why he is more full. but then the not so good thing about FM and bottle taking is that he tends to have colic and needs to have wind-drop on and off.

re: sleeping

Artist
my gal too. she is on FM and tends to be fuller. So she take slightly more than her usual feed of 80ml at 9 or 10 plus. Then wake up at 4/5am. This morning she slept till 6am.

return to workforce
i really dread returning to work as i am attached to her liao.. any1 feel the same?

hapeverafter: Yeah, use the website from blueDream, search for Medela, there's always a few spree organizer doing spree for Medela. Looks like a lot of parts are can be used by different pump except for Freestyle which uses it's own parts.

My boy finally sleep in the sarong after another 30 min at 1pm! And I've no time for anything yet! Cooking noodle for lunch now

tks dolly and cassey...

cassey> is it sebamed baby protective facial cream (http://www.sebamed.com/index.php?id=2426&amp;L=1)? mayb i can give it a try then... calendula cream is out of stock from the BP and i can't make a trip to MIM warehouse to purchase it... guess sebamed is more easily available at pharmacies...
happy.gif

re: returning to work
me too... can't imagine how it will b like, not able to see her for almost 12 hours everyday...

cutekitty: ya i back to work around 2 weeks liao.... marina bay here rain quite heavily.... Save my maternity leave to slowly take some other time.... This morning kiss my boy before i go work and he smile at me.... feel like stay at home with him.... but i know cannot..... sad....

Dolly: Sigh.... my room doesn't have a space to put sarong.... So now most of the time baby sleep on the bed with me....

Going to have my noodle now! Hope he sleeps longer cos I wanna catch some sleep too!

I put the sarong in the living room, not much space in our bed room liao

artist, first she said no space to put playpen for him, and she said when he grown up he will prefer to slp with us and no point to buy playpen.....What to say? i stay in her house.... no choice.... Hope i can get my new house soon... so that i can let my baby to have his own bed....

hapeverafter,
better not let bb too use to sleep with us. my fren's children (both son and daughter) already attending pri school still wanted to squeeze with the parents on bed cuz they are too use to.

also when bbs learn to flip, sit etc, they will anyhow move on our bed one. once, my elder boy too naughty and he fell off from my bed.

if your bedroom got space to put playpen, dun care abt her comments. if this is your parents in law's hse, the room is your husband's room. just get your husband's agreemen and buy playpen. anyway when you got your hse, you can bring the playpen along. (oops... i hope i am not playing devil's advocate..)

artist, they got playpen in their house just that they use it to put things.... They said want to let us use and ask me not to buy.... My husband rooms a lot of fix furniture end up there is no enough space to put the playpens in our room....sigh.... Last two weeks my boy fell down from the bed.... He cry until very loud... Make my heart so pain....

hi mommies!so many posts since i last log in(3days ago). hahaha!
cute kitty wong...me 2! i feel sad wen i hev 2 leave my boy. im veri attached 2 him. sad...

mummy ash, my boy is like dat 2! muz pat 2 sleep. wen he is in my arms...he luk so sound asleep!d moment i put him down he open his eyes. if not he wil sleep 15-20min dan wake up
again.dan hev 2 pick him up again, pat 2 sleep again..n so on.tired!
dats y i love 2 bring him out. wen he is out, he is veri entertained. he wil b awake but well bhave. so its enjoyable 4 him n myself.but oso cant go out dat often.hehe!

hapeverafter, oh no... your boy fell from bed? you mean your newborn? oh no... poor boy boy. tat time my elder son fell off from bed, i also scared out of my wits. very scared he hurt his head. is your new hse coming?

now bb very small, if sleep together, u must very sure bb is not being crushed. maybe can get a snuggle nest first?

if i were you... hmmm... think i will just remove those things in playpen and let bb use it. since bedroom no space, then i will get the baby monitor so that i will not miss bb's cry.

ya my new born..... ya... my new house coming soon..... haha i scare i will crush him too.... so i bought a snuggle nest first for him.... The playpen is at my sister-in law's room..... so i cannot put my baby there....sigh.... think my new house will come in this few month....by that time me and him and my husband no need to squeez together again....

<font color="cc0099"> Thk God Kyle slept bit bit better aft I adjusted his pillow. Hope tonight'll be even better cos daddy has just theorised that based on the books we've read, the poor little guy might be feeling cold. "Cries" (for placid Kyle, it's more wriggle n squirm) every now n then to keep warm. Come to think of it, A/C really quite cool after servicing 2 wks ago. *oops* Shall dress him warmer tonight n see if that was really it.

ECMum, THANKS! I know what u mean abt getting glass bottles from nursery. I tried asking sis to help me get but she's not comfy with idea, i think. I didn't deliver there n don't go there either.
sad.gif
Oh well, milk bags will just have to suffice, I guess.

sweethalo, no prob.. Kyle's growth spurt nights were horrid. HOURLY wakings for 2 nights n stupid mummy went n tried to "into" some form of sleep training during that time. Observing Kyle all this time, he really doesn't actually need sleep training - He soothes himself to sleep... He sleeps long n well on a full tum... Once he sleeps, not much wakes him... He's transitioned very smoothly from sleeping basket to his bed.

>> So now it's down to us whittling out possible factors keeping him from sleeping well. I think the cold thing just might do the trick cos altho he's usually fussy in aftnns, last few days he's slept soundly at rm temperature with just a fan going. Hmm... Just text! I'll respond when I'm awake
happy.gif

Dovey, cldn't open link but yup, that's it!! It's good n quite affordable. Super spreadable too. Just a small glob for entire face
happy.gif

hap~, POOR YOU!!!! Hv playpen but used for storage instead of baby??!!!
angry.gif

ahnet~, RASPBERRY YAMI IS SUPER YUMMY!!! If you're still into them, tt is. I AM! Mm-mm!</font>

<font color="cc0099"> cutie~, they'll roll from side to back as early as 2 months. Back to front as early as 4-5 mths n front to back shortly after.</font>

Back