(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">chidori
i saw a bp previously on the baby swimming pool.. though i bought mine before that liao.. hee but price is quite good.. $60 something can get liao comes with neck float..

the hwa xia one quite ex i remember so heart pain on the money so we bot the pool instead hahaaa... use 2 times recover the cost of hwa xia liao i think..

altho like i mentioned, bb dun do anything in the pool i also dunno how.. no "expert advice"..

fat mom, yeah i do the warm up for bb too.. in the end he so relaxed after the massage.. hahaa</font>

sweethalo,
we changed her teats before she turned 1 mth.. now if she wants to drink, she can take 5 mins to finish 130ml.. but if she doesnt want to drink, no matter what u do also wont help.. very naughty

ec mom,
thanks.. we went to the punggol plaza one cos it is nearer to my in law place.. but i think ps one better.. looks brighter and more popular.. there is one in harbourfront.. that one also quite quiet one..

how come ur son went for jab so early.. mine is only scheduled close to 4 mths..

chidori,
i paid 196 for 10 lessons.. managed to bargain for 2 free massage and 1 free lesson.. for 20 lessons, should be around 16 per lesson.. not much savings..

i also thought of using those swim pool and use at home but i thought of the water and electricity.. quite wasted.. so think go there better.. but then my gal neck now is still sore.. the entire neck is two inch red in colour.. think her neck too sensitive to rubber float..

11 beans,
did u get a neck float for ur bb.. where did u buy it and how much.. think my bb neck is too sensitive to use the shop one

fifi,
thanks.. do u need to put the oil every day.. is it good for the scalp.. mine quite sensitive.. all kinds of skin probs ones.. ur gal hair also so long.. do u hv probs with her neck and ears? my gal hair is longer than her neck and ears.. so she will get rashes very easily.. tomorrow got to cut short.. so xin tong

artist,
me too me too.. she got mood ones.. sometimes must drink while we stand.. sometimes drink on the cot, sometimes drink on the rocker or my rocking chair.. everytime must trial and error.. can u share with me the website? does vogue mom mind?

amkgal,
i go to SBCC.. though i went to the one at glene.. my doc is also based in amk on certain days.. my home also in amk.. but i am staying with my mom in yishun now.. my pd is dr ngiam.. not bad.. recommended by my gynae

11 beans,
what abt the temp of the water.. is it too hot or too cold.. the hwa xia one is at 37

anyone doing self massage for baby?

today me went daiso and bought a pack of cheap (100 pieces) baby wipes. Made in japan. hehe... dunno good or not..

Hi Mummies

My darling girl also born in jun. May i join this forum?
happy.gif

Fat Mom, your baby smile so sweetly.Mine seldom (infact never) smile when awake. Only see her laugh heartily in her sleep. Is that common?

anyone still on ML? How did you all spend ur time? My baby sleeps after each feed, so i am quite free at times.

cutekittywong,
welcome! me just join this forum too.. ;p

my edd was 6 jun 09 but i gave birth to my son, kris, early. now still on ML.. going to work soon... sien... and need to put my elder son at childcare as early as 17 months.

hi artist..

whom is looking after kris when u back to work? Infant care?

My gal is now 10wk old. How about Kris? Does Kris sleep alot? Mine practically sleep after each feed and wake up for feed only. At night, she will be awake for 1-2hr (around this timing) and silently observe her surrounding.

Mummies, just KPO, how come your go back to work so early? ML is 4mths right?

Fifi,
You girl got lots of hair, she very pretty too.

Fat mon,
U stay in punggol? Me too, which blk u stay?
Teat which brand u used? Do you latch you bb?
My boy also ‘reject’ btl, I feed him EBM at night, the most he only drink 60ml then use his tongue to push the bottle out, follow by crying for latch.
PD advice to take 6 in 1 by 2mths old, and we did the assessment together.

cutekittywong,
welcome, wah envy you, your girl sleep after feed.

cutekittywong,

my mil will look after Kris, though our child-rearing method really differs.... I think when he reaches 1.5yrs, i will send him to CC. if stay home too long, the kid will not get to learn...

Kris will turn 3 mths tmr! yeah. how i wish he can quickly grow up... hehe... Kris at first slept more during the day and tend to stay awake at night esp when he got colic. now he is opposite. stays alert during the day n sleep more at night. he actually sleeps longer in air-con room! hehe

Hi fat_mom,
do you noe hw much is per swimming lesson and for hw long? 2mths old can bring them swimmiing liao ar? i tot must wait at least 3mths... hehe..

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the late respond cos I caught a cold, had been sneezing non-stop! Tk god that my HB is back so he can handle Daylon while I rest :p

I enjoyed the gathering! Tks for making it happen! I love the sweet birthday cake and all mummy singing bday song for me! I'm so touched, almost teared but I control lah hahaha...

Artist, I took package B... Quite a few of the June Mom sign up together and we had special rate! There is two 8R, six 5R images and 1 low resolution CD... If you are keen, you can always visit her website @ http://www.kellysjyphotography.com/index2.php

fat mom,
the temp is 37 degrees when i do at home too.. got indicator on the neck float and pool to warn if temp above 38 degrees..

the neck float came with the pool.. bot whole set at $63.. the water i always save and use for flushing toilet, wash toilet.. heh. cos bb only use it for up to 10 mins.. haa

yeah the bp on pool, also comes with the float and also selling the float separately.. can check it out..}

Blurmom,
happy belated birthday!! and get well soon

sad.gif
i missed the jun 09 thread earlier. should have joined earlier then i will know that there is photography for 1 week old bb... now bb too big already..

Blurmom: me also caught a cold. Busy sneezing plus sore throat!

Can't post much, feeling so sick
sad.gif

I also feel missed out for the photoshoot. But 1 week my girl's just discharge from the hospital, I would have missed it anyway.

Time flies my girl is turning 3mths tomorrow!
happy.gif
her night feeds can stretch from 6-8 hours! And she is drinking 110ml every 4hourly. For me, I still got to wake and pump faithfully... sigh!

I think even if I find a job, I will continue to express in rooms or toilets. I'll probably stop the milking when she reaches 6 mths... My supply up the fridge should be able to last for a few more weeks. Then I'll start introducing semi solids by then.

Staying awake for the next pump at 12am...
happy.gif

artist,
thanks.. saw the website.. seems like we have tried all methods there.. sometimes work but not all the times.. just finished another long feed.. realised we need 3 hands to handle a feed.. one to hold bb, one to hold bottle and one to hold rattle.. and the earlier feed was done with her lying on the bed.. so many patterns..

er.. i find the hwa xia massage so so only.. no sing songs or talk one.. just motions.. i read books that says the more impt thing abt massage is touch and communication.. no need special strokes one.. it is more abt bonding.. i usually massage her legs and body at home.. cant do hands cos she eats hands

hi cute kitty,
mine laugh a bit but usually smiles when she is awake.. when she is sleeping, she will smile too but never notice her laughing.. dont know think it is a prob if ur gal laugh in her sleep.. though i find it strange too

ec mom,
no lah.. i dont stay in punggol.. my in laws stay near there.. so we go there

she is taking avent no 2 teats now.. i pump exclussively.. no milk and she so pai kuan in feeding ones.. even the LC says so

saw the BP.. maybe i will get the float too..

doglefox,
swimming if u get package is 19 bucks per lesson.. her first time is 15 mins.. i think the max time is 30 mins.. when bb looks tired, should stop already.. cos it is quite tedious for them for the first few sessions

i think there are other even younger bb going for the swimming.. actually it is not really swimming, it is like soaking in water..

11 beans,
haha.. i so clueless, didnt know there is the thermometer in the tub..

btw, mummies, anyone got a bigger bath tub for bathing? my gal is now too big for her bath tub

gtg for my pump now..

<font color="cc0099"> bbAug, dolly &amp; 11_Beans, yeah lor! I was also wondering if nursing in train is considered eating/drinking. I once brought bottle for Kyle and even though he cried, I was reluctant to offer it. I guess I think it's setting a bad example for other kids... kinda like they'll say baby can drink milk, why can't I drink something too?! Heehee...

fatmom &amp; fifi, babies' hair stand up very cute ma!! I like.. it's like they stuck their fingers in a socket. So adorable!

artist, sweethalo also had photography at later age checked out... I wouldn't have minded waiting a little longer cos Kyle was so skinny in his NB shots!! Now he's plumped up and should look much nicer in pictures... But we take enough already so won't go for more pro shots. He's like superstar with the youth at church. All whipping out their mobile phones and snapping pics. Haha!

qi7, hey, don't express in toilets la! Must think happy thoughts.. most employers are willing to provide a pleasant room for expressing. Otherwise supply will be compromised. Hope you do well once you start work!

To all mum's getting to the end of your maternity leave, whether you're taking 16 weeks or 12 first... ALL THE BEST!
</font>

cassey, cant view the bb pics of sweethalo leh...

i was wondering whether we could bottle feed bb in train... will we get fine? talking abt this, reminded me of an incident. i was carrying my elder son (he was abt 8 mths) and queuing for my hubby to buy 4D. i kanna scolding by the CISCO police guy and he said i couldnt bring bb into the place. i was quite angry tat time and i asked him if i should leave my son outside with nobody. he was speechless...

fat mom, u so cute... haha... guess we should be octupus then can calm the bbs...

too many nickname to remember for association to facebook.... gush... my brain cells are dying.... and already many died after giving birth... very forgetful...

huajing,

thanks for the compliment!

Fatmom,

no problem on her neck n ears, although her hair covers them. the baby oil i jus apply once or twice to the hair, not touching the scalp. thereafter jus comb it after bathing.

Cassey,

hair standing makes her looks like boy lor! pple always tot i style her mohawk, in fact it jus stand naturally n i nvr do anything to it. zzzz...

all u moms' babies haf alot hair leh...mine her hair growth damn slow lor..n i nv shave her b4...aiyo n she ger ger somemore..my mum say is cos i nv eat much beef during pregnancy..hmm..duno hw true is it..

baby fussing again! And he just keep latching and poo and wakes again. Hubby got to take over and now he's at last asleep

Here's the updated listing, dunno how to make table
happy.gif

Names vs Nickname
Abigail Ng Wai Ling : babycow
Ashley Wong Mummy Ash (shvanne)
Audrey Soo : sweethalo
Carine Loh : EC_mom
Chloe Yeo Siew Ping bbjun
Chris Khoo Newbie Mom (newbiemom)
Christina Lee : chris28
Chuen Chuen Yeo amk_gal (amk_gal)
Crystal Lee : crystal (dalandcrystal)
Cynthia Koh : lovelytulips
Debbie Ng : SuperBee
Di Ddy Lim : blurmom
Doris Ngai : dolly
Florence Poh : TPYMommy
Hetty Muliaty : styliciously
Hwee Ling Tan : artist
Jacqueline Tan : Jackie (dogggies)
Janet Tan : ahnetsan
Julyn Lim : doglefox
Junice Pang : innocentwar
Katty Chia : kikismom
Kelly Tai : fifi_cash
Krystne Ter : bbPotato
Lim Siew Leng Annie : LimSiewLeng Annie
Luah Seok Peng : BlueDream
Michelle Lum : junebabyboi09
Rachael QiQi : Qi7
Regina Foong : bbaugustine
Rosalind Leong : createjoy
Shirlaine Teng : Skylermum
Sophia Ong : Cassey
Split Ang : split
Vera Ng : 11 beans
Xu Weiling : chidori
Yvette Low : TubbyMummy

Morning ladies,
I am down with flu n sore throat
sad.gif
...Must be the weather.

We should arrange for another gathering otherwise i really got problem associating the nick n name in facebook
crazy.gif

dolly, applaud u for daring to latch on train!! .. Heh, i had only seen it once, n it was a caucasian woman latching baby.. No one wants to gif her seat!.. N she even approached the lady who was sitting on e reserved seat to give up e seat for her! .. N the whole cabin was staring at the latching process.. i guess sporeans r just nt liberal enuff to accept latching in public yet. I can't imagine men staring at me while im tryg to latch my baby!

Vogue mummy.. I always bring baby out in stroller cos he likes to see ard.. Cos he's only 7weeks, he still 'disappears' into e sling when he's in it. Plus... Im still nt tt apt in slinging him, depends on luck! Heh

i think i ve a fussy baby.. He drinks almost 150ml of ebm per feed (which i wonder if its too much for a 7week old boy,sigh), n each feed is interval of 2hrs.. N he does not fall asleep after each feed .. N even if fall asleep, each sleep only at most half an hr in daytime! ... Im lookg after him myself primarily.. n so tough to jaga him w feeding, playing w him, rockg to sleep, sterilizing n pumping!.. No time even to eat or go toilet at times. I feel like banging myself against e wall at times,.. And i so envy those mummies whose babies can sleep in e daytime.. Haiz.

<font color="0077aa">morning mummies. i was also thinking how to pump milk when i go back to office in 2 mths time. there's a store room but it's quite a walk to the pantry to wash things. and in the pantry it wont be nice if i lock it for 20mins, scared ppl want to come and take water also cannot.

eh if got gathering, do in town or east then i can join! never take long train rides with alya before and scared if she start crying i paiseh sure go out and wait for next train. so far she only travel in her daddy's car and taxi. but i carry her in baby bjorn so should be ok. my pupsik like white elephant! i cant seem to put her in it happily, she'll go in sleeping and scream the minute she's in. think she doesnt like it..maybe too small the size. im going back to the shop ask them demo me how to put her in, maybe i need a bigger size.

Cassey, thanks for info on travelling with milk! my mum keeps insisting i pack at least 3 bottles in case alya get cranky in public. even when im out with her too! at night come back have to throw the milk, so wasteful. that time i went out with chilled milk frm the fridge thinking i can ask for warm water outside to warm the milk. at banquet parkway parade i told the auntie i needed some hot water in a cup to warm baby's milk, she rudely said i have to pay $0.50 for a cup. i told her i didnt need much, just half a cup. it wasnt about the money, i didnt want to waste an entire cup. in the end i just paid for it but was very pissed cos she was so uncompassionate. i was even carrying baby's EBM in bottle and my mum was handling alya as she was crying already. when auntie gave me full cup of hot water, i ask her throw out half. will never go back and ask frm them anymore. now i know there's a nice nursery at isetan so will just go there.

btw, this saturday got world BF week at health promotion board. any mummies going?</font>

<font color="0077aa">Mummy Ash, don't despair. sometimes i also feel like banging my head, especially when im so sleepy and my girl is not!

i think your baby is feeding fine! as long as he can finish his feed WILLINGLY it's okay. dont be like my mum, die die try to make my girl finish 125ml. usually by 90ml already my girl making noise and dont want to drink anymore, if you force her she'll cry! so now i pump into hospital glass bottles in feeds of 90ml.

(btw im looking for the bottle caps, anyone have any to give away? will trade for sterilised teats which i also got from hospital so when go out no need to worry abt sterilising your bottle teat cos these are pre-packed).

re sleeping after feed: alya doesnt auto-sleep after feeding either, and it's not because she want more milk cos i'll offer and she wont want. she just wants to play but i need time to do other things. so if this happens, first i leave her in her cot and turn mobile on. i got the tiny love one so it'll play 15mins of music. once finish and if she's not yet crying, i will start another cycle of 15mins. if cry then i take out and check diaper or whether she need more feeding. if not, then go to next activity which is rocker chair or if you have playmat, i think it will work too. as long as have change of environment. but on the playmat i'll be nearby eating or folding clothes.

last time i will feed then change diaper midway, but i find that sometimes she'll fall asleep right after feeding that i wont want to wake her up, so i change her diaper before feeding, then if she fall asleep i just let her be. your baby waking up after 15min is it because of fright? i sleep alya on the side and put beanie pillow on top. like my hubby say if they really want to sleep, you leave them on the bed alone also they will sleep, without anything around.

if u jaga alone, why u must pump? just 100% latch lah, save you time. unless you thinking abt when u going back to work is it? im not strict abt pumping after every feed, cos as long as she's ok with the bottle feeding then no need to stick to a schedule.</font>

hi mommies! was away 4 a while... busy finding contractor 4 new place n washin new house. tired..
cassey-thanx 4 ur tips d last time!

mommies, my boy is learning how 2 sleep indepentli. i wil pat him 4 a while n wen he is half asleep i put him down.trying not 2 carry him 2 much.
altho sumtimes he wakes up aft a short while...i try pat him again or carry a while dan put down again. its gettin a bit betta...

qi7- ur bb now sleep 6-8hours is it?last nite my boy slept 6hour b4 he wake up 4 feed. but i didnt pump...
so u time urself 2 pump?is it 2 keep d milk supply high?is it ok if i do not pump?wen wil u intro semi solid 2 ur bb?my boy is turnin 11weeks tmr.stil full breastfeed. most times direct feed. but i seldom pump.oni wen nid 2 go out.

mommies-we should hev a gatherin!wud love 2 mit n chit chat!

Mummy Ash,
So long as u dont force feed yr darling i think it is ok.

Think i have a small eater, my boi can only finish 100ml and he is 13weeks old.

caramelle,
I used cling paper to wrap around the bottle and fasten with rubber band. It work, dont need the bottle caps
happy.gif

pics of the babies so cute!!! would love to join for the next gathering...

any of your babies got "you pao" (millea seeds) on the face? mine has some on one side of her eyelid and a big one below the other eye... anyone knows what i can do to remove it? do u mummies apply anything on your baby's face?

i see alot of pple bringing their babies to hwa xia to "swim" in the pool.

for the swimming tub, i'm also interested to get leh. but anyone already bought and tested? how is it????

<font color="0077aa">ahnetsan, think 90ml is ok ba..i ask my PD when brought alya for her 2mth jabs and she said as long as baby poo/pee well it's okay</font>

<font color="0077aa">mummies, ask you ar..how you wash babies mouth? you see, now my routine is wake baby up for bath by slowly checking diapers, dab her face with washcloth and then she's off to her bath. but by the time we finish, she's already rooting for milk, hungry, sucking her hands. i dont want to delay by cleaning her mouth using washcloth..so what's your routine for doing this? is it wash at beginning? what do you all use?</font>

Thanks blurmom for hosting the gathering @ your house. Glad that i went and get to know the mummies &amp; babies here!
happy.gif

Gathering in town(orchard)on 27th Aug (http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/events.html)
There is Taka baby fair next wk starting 27th Aug so i b meeting some mummies for tea then shopping @ Taka!! Anyone keen to meet, pls add in your name below cos i don't login here often so can't update the namelist frequently. Time &amp; venue TBC. Feel free to suggest where we can go for tea.

1. Superbee
2. bbaugustine
3. chidori
4. Chloe (your nick?)

MummyAsh,
Gabriel doesnt want to sleep after feed, did u try giving him him pacifier or maybe put him lie down in a play gym to keep himself entertain?
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Am a Feb mummy, i have just stopped breastfeeding due to health.
GOt some stuff to give away, self collect in the east, Eunos or Alexandra Tecnopark or Tanjong Pagar. Let me know if keen.

- 1 New Box of Tollyjoy breastpad &amp; 1 Open Box, left half a pack.
- 3/4 Bottle of Fenegreek
- GNC Women Supplements for Prenatal/BreastFeedings) (DHA, CAlcium, Folic Acid)
- First Few Years Milk Bags (left about 15pcs)

Preferably if you can take everything or if someone u know may want to have it.
Thanks.

Gathering in town(orchard)on 27th Aug (http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/events.html)
There is Taka baby fair next wk starting 27th Aug so i b meeting some mummies for tea then shopping @ Taka!! Anyone keen to meet, pls add in your name below cos i don't login here often so can't update the namelist frequently. Time &amp; venue TBC. Feel free to suggest where we can go for tea.

1. Superbee
2. bbaugustine
3. chidori
4. Chloe (your nick?)
5. hua_jing (prefer office hour as it not clouded)

neeciel,
I ordered the 80x75 pool, read some article, is good for baby to swim at young age.
My intention to get the pool is to let my girl and Cayden play in it as my hb dun allow me to bring them to swimming pool.

ahnetsan,
High 5. But i am not worry la cause he is putting on weight
happy.gif

carmelle,
I usually wash bb face with cotton wool, follow by his mouth, hair and body with washcloth
happy.gif

Back