(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Re: Hard life if baby walks early

Yesh..I heard abt this b4. I myself started walking at 10 months plus also. So hard life now loh..=P

bean,
claire is so advanced in her motor skills!

shers & poohwei,
my er shao ye same like ur er xiao jie, enjoy lazing ard, lick fingers and toes, long long time then flip once.. haa.. totally different from my elder boy who is very active when he was young and still the same now!
i also enjoy this stage of my er shao ye v much, always laze ard and flash big smile.. he definately has milder temper than his bro.. hee.. i read somewhere that physical advancement does not signify their intelligence, though we must still let them have more exposure.. let them develop at their own pace and enjoy their babyhood most important!
happy.gif

porky,
jaeden same as YA! curl up and suck his toes when change diaper.. then can suck until chut chut chut somemore! :p

re: hard life if walk early
my mum told me i walk unsupported when i was 18 mth! i thought it's v late... so i shd have good life right?! but doubt so, everyday look like xiao chabo taking care of the boys.. haa

dodo,
I think you are leading a good life! No need to work and can happily take care of 2 boys. Its good life! So this saying is quite true!

Yah, I think physical development is not equal intelligence.. I do hope Claire can develop equal fast in her intelligence! hahaha hopefully...

Shers.. okie lah.. my life is not bad.. hahahaa so I must do all it takes to prevent Claire from walking! Hopefully she is like me! Cruise around early but start walking late!

bean,
claire so fast!
happy.gif

Re. "Aunty" coming
so the moment we cut down or stop, it will come on time ar??? i hv cut down the volume by half liao...

Apple juice
any mummies let your bb drink those apple bottle juice (under nestle/gerber)? if cant finish, must put in fridge... like tt can heat up for 2nd use???

Ling,
I use the Heinz one.. I pour the required amt into a bottle and heat up.. but claire doesn't like apple juice.. so sometimes I use it to mix the cereal..

Hi Mummies long time didn't come into the forum. Been busier and busier with work since I started.

Good to see that every baby has started on cereal. I just bought Heathy Times Oatmeal cereal for Jonas too... goign to start him on cereal this week, hope he will take it well... cos he is fussy around with his milk intake since I increase FM intake and cut down on BM.

I will take Shers advice to mix FM and BM. Hope it works.

Btw Shers, how do you mix the 2? Warm up BM and then pour into FM? Or just put milk powder into the BM after warming up?

Also, are you organising orders for Healthy Time jar food? Can I join in?

Thank you

Wow! Claire really very advanced leh. Chelsea is borned on 3rd April and can't sit unsupported yet. However,we discover that she can crawl (on tummy) pretty fast! hehehe... she is trying to lift her tummy from ground though but always fail then she will scream. She has been "crawling" around in infant care though. :p

juju, shers - re gathering at my pl, i dun tink will be until so late coz i nid to go pick my #1 around 5+,6.

ak - we celebrate your birthday with you, yay!

can the following mummies pm your hp no to me so that i can give you more details closer the gathering: andrea1985, yuki, jamie, win, dodo, firefly_leslie.

bean,
if mix w cereal, means dun need to heat.. just stir in with the hot water n cereal?

ak,
room temp water.. wont tt be too cold? ;p

adv sport - glad dat yuan2 loves the bjorn! i wonder if rachel understood you the other day. she's very china *faintz* i'm a english teacher but my gal speaks more chinese! she's the only one in church who speaks chinese fluently, all the rest of the kids are potato eater ;p hopefully she will be effectively bilingual in time to come. afterall, MM Lee said we shd start them on chinese first, hee.

poohwei, cola - same here, my rachel very petite. tink she's only 12kg and she's oreadi 29mths. she eats A LOT, and i really mean A LOT but she juz doesn't put on much weight. she always has 2nd (sometimes 3rd) helping when she's in sch. once, her teacher asked my hb whether we fed her at home b4 sending her to sch, oops.

Hello girlssssss!!!!!!!

I'm backkkkk!!!!

Hahaha!!! Jus log in to say hello!!!

Bean: cool lei claire! Can stand! Soon she'll be doing mini ballet moves lor!

Re: gathering
Any details on cheekz's gathering??

Feb mum, I've pm-ed u..

Tinkles, u shouldn't start wif oatmean cereal first for your baby. U shld start wif rice cereal, then intro oatmeal slowly.

good morning mummies
happy.gif

shers, thanks for ordering n packing the rice cereals for me
happy.gif
u r looking great -- one HOT mummy!

haha, so fun to read abt shers' xiao jie n dodo's shao ye! we mummies r nu bi(slave) -- hv to "serve" them till dunno how old...

feb_mum, haha, that explains y rachel said yes to all my questions
happy.gif
can't wait to bring yuan2 to go hiking in bjorn!

ibite, must be fun to watch chelsea "glide" on tummy
happy.gif
i also see many babies "gliding" on tummy @ IFC -- maybe that's how they pick up...

jamie, welcome back! so u now chao ta(sun burnt) from the sun & sea? :p did u pump out in the sea?

re : poo
yuan2 was cranky in the car last evening on the way to shers' place -- later, found out that she poo-ed! then she poo-ed again at home after her last feed... this morning, gave me a big bomb... phew, her poo has soften to mushy mustard yellow
happy.gif
IFC is doing a better job to feed her water!

re: Nov 27 gathering @ cheekz's pl
juz received wedding invitation -- may not make it for the gathering as gotta make sure she sleep well in the day so that we can hv a peaceful dinner...

ling - at least i didn't let greg drink it straight from the fridge :p i actually try to expose him to food and drinks at different temp so that he will not be so particular next time. i usually give juice during meal times so should not be so bad. (but i bet my mil will look at me in horror if she knows that i fed her grandson with cold drinks. she is a strong proclaimer for hot drinks. LOL)

Feb_mum, when is ur gathering? is it on 26th? 26th I cant make it..cos cant take leave..

cheekz, gathering is when n where? if its on 27th most likely I can make it.

adv_sports - greg is not a prince. he is a tyrant (xiao ba wang). wonder what he will be asking for during the next swim... his dad to play peek-a-boo with him???
and we don't have to just serve these little royalities but pay tributes as well.

ling lim,
my mum told me that once stop expressing at nite or stop latching at nite, aunty/ cousin will start knocking yr door very soon!

RE: jar food
put yr desired amt in a small bowl and put remaining back to fridge. can keep for 3 days the most. next day, put desired amt in small bowl again but this time, i 'warm' up the food by placing in another big bowl with hot water (something like double boiling).. like this cold jar food can be heated up.. get it?

tinkles mum,
regarding mixing of FM and BM.. u can begin with 50-50.. i started giving her 1 feed of full FM each day but Shermay vomitted all out for 3 days of trying.. so my mum suggested to mix instead. make normal way of FM but slightly hotter and add cold BM.. like that u will get luke warm milk.. if u make already and its slight cold, just put the whole bottle in hot water to warm up.. just like what we did for chilled BM.. get it?

RE: cheekz's place gathering
can someone please take over to organise? place has been booked with cheekz..

JAMIE, u r back!!! oh yes!! i'm very curious on how u pump out in the sea?? did the seawater get yr BM nutrient? Did yr friends get to swim in the BM seawater?? whahhaa... their skins must be getting so silky~~ hehehe
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

adv_sports,
no worries abt the HT orders!

Morning Mummies

Jamie
Welcome back, how’s yr holiday? Hailey went with you?
Happy Bday Gal!

Tinkle
Long time no see.. I have yet to start my boy with the HT oatmeal that I bought, will try it on this weekend.

Adv
Hehe.. ya when they poo, they will make noise like hinting us to cleanse them up. Kea poo-ed last nite, mustardy yellow due to the pumpkin that he consumed, super smelly lor!

Good to let them drink more water :p Mine kept drinking jie jie’s water, he likes jie jie’s bottle a lot!

Re: walking at early stage
My girl walked at 11 mths, but I still hope she will have a good life next time hahaha.. anyway it’s just old-wives-tale, dun think too much ladies haha!

Bean
Claire is fast at motor skill :p I wish to have a more guai guai baby, coz the more active they are the tougher it is on us.. *sweat*
Kea now knows how to take Meg’s toy, whatever Meg is playing he will go there and take from her.. I think in another year, the 2 will start fighting!

jamie, happy bday
happy.gif

ak, haha, xiao ba wang is cute at times lah
happy.gif
when i looked back at the new born pics, yuan2 has grown a lot -- from a tiny baby to xiao pang pang!

rc, yuan2 also eating pumpkin puree these 3 days -- yeah, super smelly *haha* 2nite, gonna make spinach puree... then the poo will be green mustard??! yucks!

shers, jar food can only keep for 3 days if open? i better throw the HT pear away... gave yuan2 2 feeds and her cough is back -- now the leftover is still in the fridge...

Feb mum

Same here, my girl also eats a lot, but cant get fat too.. I think it’s okay, as long as they are healthy. My girl speaks mandarin too! Maybe she can be frens with Rachel hehe..

Adv
Do note that for vegetable puree, it cant be kept for too long, I remember reading somewhere, for vege puree, must finish within 2 days.
Unless u make fresh vege puree everyday, it’s different case. But from my personal experience, it smells really green and vege puree is not nice at all. I tried spinach and broccoli previously for Meg.

This time round I wont be doing any green vege puree. Will mix the vege in the porridge for him next time..
I think by letting them eat vege at young age, they wont reject vege later haha.. Meg loves green leafy veges.. yest, she ate lots of puay leng (spinach) hehehe..

adv_sports,
ya.. i asked the HT pple and they said once opened can only keep in fridge for 3days the most.
u fed yuanX2 cold jar food?
u dont throw la.. u can eat it.. pear tastes quite nice!

Shers

Yes, it is not recommended to freeze vege puree.. so do take note mummies!
As for other normal things, potato etc, it can be frozen and must be consumed within 2 weeks.

bean,
i missed out yr post on u will try yr best to prevent lil bean bean from walking at young age.. CUTE! hahaha..

yesterday i was stil commenting that my er xiao jie was still lazing ard.. and flip only she feels like it.. and yesterday i was playing with her on bed.. she was flipping back and fro.. so scary~ then i quickly surround the bed with pillows and bolsters.

i saw feb_mum's post on Rachel wrote on herself and Rebecca.. so cute! hahhaha...

jaime,
think udders has 2 type of durian.. might have mao san wang.. i never try durian b4 because i'm not a big fan of durian.. i hate the smell of after effect..
maybe we can meet on 1 fine sat and eat ice cream together with juju..

rc_cola - do you mean green veg puree should be consumed within 2 days? pumpkin and other puree can keep in the freezer for up to 1 week?

Ak

Yes, I remember reading about it somewhere during the time of my #1, so I stick to that principle.
Pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, carrot, etc (including apple puree and pears puree – fruit purees) can be kept frozen and must be consumed within 2 weeks..

Green leafy puree must be consumed within 2 days (the faster the better)..

Mummies

Regarding greeny leafy vege puree:-

Spinach - Steamed**
(May be used for Kale and Collards also)

1. Thoroughly cleanse fresh spinach and pick out damaged leaves
2. Steam in a pot with a steamer basket insert (water should just peek through the holes of the basket).
3. Leaves will shrink and appear wilted when done.

(DO NOT USE COOKING WATER TO PUREE.)

4. Drain and puree spinach in blender or food processor,
5. Add fresh water until mixture is of the desired consistency.

**Nitrate risk. Do not serve homemade spinach to an infant under 10 months old. Spinach puree MUST be immediately eaten, frozen or stored in the refrigerator. Studies done on spinach and nitrates in particular have shown that with improper storage and preparation, the nitrate levels may actually increase. Proper preparation and immediate use or storing via freezer method will help eliminate this risk in leafy vegetables.

btw mummies,
cannot give too much 'yellowish' food to bb too often ok? such as pumpkin, papaya.. hmm.. can only rem these 2.. my mil comments that bb will look 'yellow'
there was once i gave Shermin pumpkin porridge for continuous 3 days.. so i only gave 2 times per week

Shers

I think depends on consistency and the amount given.
Kea has taken 4 days of pumpkin purees, he didnt turn yellow, but i will only give him once a month of pumpkin hehehe..

re: pumpkin and baby
Yellow vegetables and skin colour
Babies who eat a lot of carrots or pumpkin can get yellow or orange skin from substances called carotenoids. These substances from the vegetables are chemicals related to Vitamin A, and are not toxic, and will not cause any harm.

However a few babies who develop yellow or orange skin will have an underlying health problem, especially with the liver, rather than too much of these vegetables, so it is important to have your baby checked.

http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=114&np=302&id=1927

Ak
Thanks for the link.

Shers
I guess my boy only eats a little bit, tts y not really much effect of the skin coloration problem.

andrea - the gathering at my place is 25 nov, not 26 nov. you can come?

re purees - if you freeze your puree once done, you can actually keep them for 1mth. but i only make a week's worth of puree at any one time, won't keep for so long.

re becoming yellow - you need to take huge quantities of yellow foods over a long period of time to become yellow. dun tink our bbs are in danger of dat yet.

shers - i nearly fainted when i saw the pen markings on rachel. she had it all over her legs, arms and even face. when i went to carry rebecca out of the cot, then i realised rebecca had the pen marks on her face too! aiyoh. no wonder rachel was so quiet the whole morn. usually if she's up early, she will snuggle up to my bed to sleep beside me. the things kids do!

ak,
yes.. this is the thing i wan to highlight.. i did a check with PD last time also.. he agreed.. and once again, eat everything in moderate lor.. because i love pumpkin and carrot, i also give both xiao jies quite frequently too.. i have to be careful in this..

feb_mum,
whahhaa... u didnt take pics?? must be very cute!! i can imagine Rachel's face when u discover her doings! hahaha.. Rebecca's face also? whahhaa.. what did she draw? i'm very curious le..
BTW, where r the 2 girls when u and hb go off to work? nobody knows when Rachel draws?

Back