(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

cheekz > I was not told abt the mothercare vip card when i spent >$150 today at harbourfront centre eh....many stuffs were on 15% off. Bought a cot mobile music toy & 2 music cds for Charlene.

SK,
thats ok ... as long as u still keep the receipt still can get the card. No need go harbour front can do at any brand also
happy.gif
worth it got vip card.

Cheekz, re sleeping bag, I have both grobag and dream bag. Both good, though preference for grobag, tighter and less opening for air to enter.

Cheekz

Re: sleeping bags
I have dreambag and mothercare one, personally i prefer the mothercare one
happy.gif
but dreambag is also good, and thicker
happy.gif

Re: VIP card for mothercare
It is good to have it hehe.. that day i bought Phil&Ted's stroller there and get immediate disc, but the sales person didnt mention the min amount to qualify for it, perhaps my stroller is much more than the amount so he didnt bother to tell me.

Hi mummies,

I have a new box of Avent washable breastpads (3 pairs) to let go. Box opened, but pads unused, comes with a laundry net. I will throw in a new unopen box of Tollyjoy breastpads (48 pieces). I'm selling at $18.

Anyone interested, pls PM me.

Thanks!

good morning ladies
happy.gif
my bb has been rather cranky lately -- especially after we bring her out.

re: bb easily startled
my bb is like that.. but she dun like to be swaddled n dislike the beanie on her chest... so far, we dun let her sleep in air-con room -- so dreambag is not a gd choice... will juz hv to make her feel secure...

re: weight gain
wow, many bb gained more 1kg after full mth! mine is petite kind -- or my milk not enough for her... think she is on growth spurt again... after 2 Bs, still cry for more and i hv to give her FM
sad.gif

re: schedule for EBM before going to work
sharon, thanks for sharing! so before week 10, u will be latching on whole day?

re: engorement
currently, i only express once at night after 6-8hr. My Bs r not rock hard(juz full) -- will yield abt 100ml. Last evening, I tried to express ard 5-6hr -- erhm, only yield 70ml. Wonder will my yield be much lower if the interval is 3hr?

hi ladies,

finally got time to log into this thread to get to know more about your baby updates.

busy with my little girl. lately she does not finished her milk promptly. wonder why?? have been burping her in between a few times in her feed.

by the way, anyone got a better way to clean the baby's tongue. she got a white thick milk residue on her tongue. but she kept using her tongue to push my finger away. pls help!!

Lily > I called them up and they said need to use DBS card for purchases for items more than $150 than can apply for the VIP card. I used UOB then asked them that I was not informed on the promo at all. I am making another trip down to Harbourfront later cos hubby will be going nearby so I can have my VIP card there w/o a refund or change.

Anyway, I thought of buying another nursing bra. Hehe. Seen their branches and I think Harbourfront/Vivocity branches are the closest to us if heading east side.

SK,
i used citibank card @ tampines mall and got the VIP card leh. they didn't say must specifically use DBS. why the discrepancy? mebbe their sales pple are confused? coz i know only dbs card can get 30% off on each item, no need to get 4 items. but for the card, the sales pple say only need to spend min $150.

rc_cola, muffintop,
thanks for the recommendations...

its quite an expensive buy so i'm wondering if its useful.
why did u use sleeping bags? i didn't get one for my #1 coz she's ANTI blanket and sweats through the night even in aircon room.

but my #2 is v different, always sneezing when the wind blows and shivering if it gets too cold. so i was thinking a sleeping bag will be good so that it doesnt get kicked off @ night....

what do u think, worth to buy in my case? the dreambag has 6-18 mths as the smallest size. shd i get this size?

muffintop,
is the grobag more ex? which size did u buy? now i have the mothercare card, can get discount, haha...

cheekz,
i cant give u recommendations ... i got buy but never use cos my gal dont like blanket or anything coverher include her beanie
sad.gif
I also like mothercare one ...

adv_sport,
same my gal dont like her beanie n i never give her sleep in air con.

Lately my gal also never finish her milk until i change her teat to bigger size for 3 months ... she can finish her milk n time shorter
happy.gif

Re: Air con

My gal loves air con and she perspire very easily. Think of it, I got to service my air con soon for cleaner air..hehe.

rc_cola,porky,
the bouncer good or not? like need one for my gal then i can see her while i do washing or iron clothes n she no need the whole day at bed or at yao lan
happy.gif

Cheekz

Re: sleeping bag
Personally, I find it very useful.. I have 3 of them at home haha.. bought them for my #1 - she has 6-18mths, e dream bag and e mothercare one (now my boy is using them).. and my girl is using size 18-36mths now..

Reason: it wont suffocate baby :p and babies normally dun like blanket.. so it's perfect!

smallest size is 0-6mths, but dun buy the smallest, your baby will easily outgrow it..
happy.gif

hi all !

just bring my bb for 6 in 1 today...lucky he did not cry out very loud...after the jab he sleeps all the way home...hehe..my bb put on 2.2kg PD say is too much for a 6weeks old..best is put on 1.5kg haha...she ask me what milk my bb drink..

lily, same as rc_cola ! i think the bouncer is very useful de loh...every morning after i bathe my bb, i will put him on the bouncer then he wll play and fall asleep himself...so i can do my housework and laundry

Hi,

I'm back! Today lost = $200...$170+ at mothercare..paying by DBS or POSB card & get 1 yr VIP card + 30% less..

Too bad the sleepsuits & bodysuits are not entitled for the discount! Anyway, need them, so buy loh to top up to $150..
happy.gif

hihi..

poohwei, yes.. super busy with 2 kids.. somemore now is school holiday, #1 keeps clinging on me.. i latch and bottle feed la.. so not so bad... looking forward to school reopen so that at least i have 2 hrs in the morning for myself..

lily,
i'm using FP 'infant to toddler' rocker. that is very good... i think cola is using that as well.. that model has only 1 colour which is blue.. i think my girl cant live without that. hwhhaha...

RE: BM
my bm has decreased quite a far bit last week.. so my mum has been making fish soup and chicken soup for me and my bm has increased again.. even much more than previous. so i need to pump whenever my breasts r full and latch in between to empty the breasts.

re: bouncer
i used the FP blue bouncer for my #1 and now my #2 likes it alot too...we often leave her there for her afternoon naps...

i hang a battery operated musical mobile from a dining chair and put her her near it...she can sit there contented for more than 30mins
happy.gif

shers,
long time no chat
happy.gif

my #1 goes to full day care, thank god! i miss her so much when she's in school but when she comes back @ 5pm, i have my hands FULL...definitely not easy to handle 1 tod and a baby all day long!

btw, what do u do with all the ebm? i'm sure u have so much stocked up by now. i am now maintaining my current supply, coz i don't want too much ebm (dunno what to do with it and no space in the freezer).

how's shermay doing?
happy.gif

shers- toking abt bm supply! ever since i'm on never ending medicine, my milk supply went south to yielding..... 60ml aft 6 hours!! lol...
so to those mummies whom feel tt u can't go on tbf yet, dun fret! some bm is better than nothing! my poor girl didn't even get a single drop for the past 3 weeks! but still.. am gonna perservere ba.. gonna start bf again tomorrow. hopefully.. it will still remember her?!

We also have FP bouncer, but, my girl dun quite like to be in it.. maybe 'cos the vibration is not working any more!

Adrienne,
All the best to you!

RE: Bouncer
Do u gals on the "Vibration" and leave the baby there? or just leave them on the bouncer. For the netted kind, i have to constantly rock her.

#1 and #2 will share the same FP bouncer for me.

Hi Shers
Like Cheekz, my #1 is also at full day CC. Thank goodness!! I can have some peace and "Me" Time in the day tho i latch on 90% of the time.

Hey Adrienne, I am one of those who needs to supplement BM with FM... I agreed totally with you, some BM better than nothing :p I am one of those whose supply came in late, my friend told me maybe Mth 2 will be better for me, so hope yours will be the same - Let's jia you together!

btw Mummies... Just bought a binder from Mothercare, looks filmsy but I am gonna try
happy.gif
any mummy using it too?

cheekz, my grobag is 0-6 months, 0.5 tog, which is for max 27 degress. the dream bag is 6-12 months, can go down to 24 degree. got the gro bag from mothercare, around 60+ i think.

anyway, need advice on stroller. I am using one from my sister but its too heavy and i cannot handle it. the last time I went out, and took it out of the car boot, I sprain my bag. haha. so looking out now. so,

what are the strollers u are using and
what do u recommend
where should i go buy?

i am looking at capella 705 (2009 edition), but it's around 8.5 kg. good size, single touch close..

<font color="ff0099"> muffintop
i'm using the capella s705 2009 edition and its easy to open n close. i have a 5% discount at baby meadows. although i haven't brought andrea out using the stroller yet, i always play with it at home, practising how to open n close open n close haha.

re: binder
i'm using a binder that my dad brought back from bangkok. so far it works for me, its not the velcro type, its hooks. like bra hooks like that. so far so good
happy.gif

i can ask him to bring back if u guys want to buy cos he stays there!!</font>

Muffintop,
If you are looking for a lightweight, yet compact and easy to fold and unfold..
happy.gif

maclaren quest or quest mod is a good choice, weight ard 6 kg.. or so..
happy.gif

Muffintop,
If you are looking for a lightweight, yet compact and easy to fold and unfold..
happy.gif

maclaren quest or quest mod is a good choice, weight ard 6 kg.. or so..
happy.gif

audrey,

me too! can show us the pic of the binder? is it comfy? easy to use?

btw, haf u gone back to ur pre-preggy weight? is the binder is more for flattening tummy or can help to lose weight also?

i am still very far away from pre-preggy weight, leh...

Hi Audrey, your binder works cos your tummy has flatten? I just bought mine for $49 from Mothercare but I am also VERY interested if yours works!

Let us know ok. Thanks dear.

Hi Mummies, may i know what is the temperature of the room that is ideal for baby to sleep in? My baby's room is always very hot and stuffy (around 29-30 degree at best, sometimes going up to 32 degree) plus my mom is always so scare of baby feeling cold, she wraps him up in swaddle cloth and all. At times, he wakes up with sweaty heads and he is also having red patches all over his face (heat rash I think).

I just read that overheating is one of the cot death syndrome... and the article recommends keeping room temperature at 16-20 degree. However, it's a UK website, so just wanted to know what should be the ideal temperature here for SG?

re : Braun thermoscan IRT4520
anyone using this thermometer ? is it good ? now gmarket having a promo selling at $68 with free delivery...i thot of getting one...

re : stroller
i just bgt the capella s226 (2009 series)...light weight at 5.5kg only...easy to open and close...but only disadvantge is cannot stand on its own...unless must double fold then can stand...

Back