(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff0099"> graceofgod,
she just doesn't slp in the day! she will latch on, fall aslp for 15 mins den i try to put her down, she will wake up and den want to play and make coo coo noises. this will go on n on until nite time. so she tires herself out in the day and nite time she zzzz all the way.

but i carry her all the time in the day cos when she grows up, i wont get the chance to carry her like this anymore haha so i admit i have spoiled her!!

sharon,
i give very little, the syringe is 2ml only, i give maybe 10ml that's all.</font>

cheekz, my gal also quite a light sleeper, she startled quite easily. sometime if she's not sleeping deep enough, even a tear of paper or door closing noise will wake her up. i read in a book to try to swaddle her..? I tried it 2 days ago for her night sleep and that night she slept from 10pm to 4am.

Hi mummies.. im changing formula milk for my gal therefore selling off 8 tins of 900g Friso Gold Stage 1 (o-6mths) at $200. Self collection at compassvale link. Interested, please PM me.. =)

sk: hep b got 3 doses to be completed. 1st dose given at hospital of delivery. So got 2 more doses to be completed.

The nurse who attended to us explained about the jabs, the different packages and pricing. I wasn't really listening carefully cos my girl was crying. So I'm not sure whether it's medisave claimable if just paying for 1 dose or 2.

But to pay for the package of 2 Hep B jabs at once is cheaper.

GraceofGod: I don't think the polyclinics have different policies.

I have the Childhood Immunisation pamphlet. It's stated that medisave can be used for hep b vaccine.

All other vaccines are fully subsidised by the govt and provided free of charge at polyclinics.

The Hib vaccine is not included in the National Childhood Immunisation Programme based on the recommendations of the Expert Committee on Immunisation, as Hib Meningitis is uncommon here. Chickenpox causes only a mild illness during childhood.

So my husband say take the 3-in-1 package where all the important jabs are provided free. Rather than pay for the 5/6-in-1 packages. If want just top up 1 Hib jab after 1 years old, still can save $ also.

Juju78: The nurse explained to us even b4 starting giving the jab and doing the measurements of bb's growth. We didn't say whether we want what package. Besides we din even know Hep B vaccines can use medisave.

Cheekz,
u mean ur bb takes 1 hr to drink 90ml using pigeon teats? I'm also using pigeon teat.. my boy takes 20-30mins .. yest i went to make the hole bigger.. now takes 10min..

so actually how long shld bb take to drink the milk? my mum told me shld be within 5 min if bottle feed leh... mummies can share ur experience?

Re. sleeping pattern
so gd that some mummies' bb are sleeping longer in nite .. mine if latch can only last 2 hrs...
sad.gif

Abby,
think the nurse i saw was too preoccupied trying to promote the immunisation talk held at amk poly end of the month... haiz... could have saved some $$ there.

dear mummies,

I realised the cost of 6 in 1 &amp; 5 in 1 is almost the same for polyclinic and neighbourhood GP.

The GP says can use CDA account to pay for it. Any ideas why no subsidy from govt for this?

Guess I will go to GP for my gal's 6 in 1 jab. Less crowded and shorter wait.

juju78,

do u know the priority queue for NB is till how many months? was told by GF when BB older than no priority. She told me end up both her and BB tired from the wait. my bt batok polyclinic now reno till August so nearest one is Jurong East Ave 1 branch. That one really crowded wor....then also worry too crowded then too many virus...no gd for bb.

graceofgod, juju, feb_mum..
thanks for reply
happy.gif

im goin to cater buffet to celeb my #1 bday cum bb welcome party... worry neogarden food portion vy small... i got abt 70ppl, so shld i order more than tat or less ahh..

Tinkles

bb 30may full month le.. but i didnt celeb.. onli give cakes (fom Choz)... my colles said yummy
happy.gif

i celeb my #1 bday next sunday... 2gather with bb welcome party.. haha save $$ LOL

i was thinking either Neogarden or Fourseasons...

Hi Icyen and Tinkles Mum,

I ordered Neo Garden for Marcus's full month yesterday. Received positive comments on the food however, the portion is really small. Had to tabao Old Changkee Chicken Wings, Spring Roll and Fishball to supplement the buffet.

Iycen,
Think u gonna have to order at least 65 pax if you have 70 ppl coming.(This is based on my experience yesterday)

Re: Milk bags

Do I store the milk directly into the milk bags? No need to wash/sterlise them is it? Blur first time user of milk bags. hahah Need everyone's advise.

Abby > Yeah I know about the no. of doses to complete the hep b jabs. Just wonder how come the staff over at Jurong Polyclinic din tell me about it. BTW, is it not neccessary to take the 5/6-in-1 jabs? Like to know how essential is it to take them. If dun take during infant period...stil possible to take when bb is bigger?

I was told that priority is given to bb under 2 months only.

SK: Not sure why the staff didn't tell you. Yours is bb #?

Maybe the nurse attending to us saw that we look young and our girl is bb#1. So she fill us with info before proceeding with the jab.

If you take the 5/6-in-1 packages, not all the doses will be given when bb is under 2 months right?

Since the pamphlet stated that all the essential types of jabs are provided free of charge at the polyclinic then might as well take the 3-in-1 package good enough.

Unless you don't want to risk the odds of meningitis which is uncommon here. And chickenpox which just causes a mild illness.

Re: Catering
i am ordering from Katong Catering (www.katongcatering.com.sg) for my bb full mth this sat. Min is 40pax. My company used to ordered from them for functions, find the food yummy.

Re: Milk Bag
milk bags are already sterilised, so can store them directly.

Re: Rashes on face
my boy has rashes on this face...anyone experience this b4? dunno whether is it due to the food that i ate..all heaty stuffs. Think of feeding him cool boiled water occasionally.

pigmohippo,
i'm using the idiot-proof swaddle from kiddopotamus.
http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_swdl_123.php
its really good! she sleeps very well @ night when we swaddle her.
but in the day time, we don't swaddle coz its too warm.

she's outgrowing her swaddle soon, but i'm not sure if i wanna get a bigger size coz we never swaddled our older girl and i think they will protest being swaddled when they're older?

ling,
YES! she takes an hour to drink 80ml! but if direct latch, she's very fast!
i keep trying to bottle feed her even tho i find it very troublesome and frustrating coz i don't want her to reject the bottle like my #1. I only got to fully utilise my PIS now coz for #1, it was just collecting dust!

Hi Hi,

Anyone having baby tat refuse to sleep at night... from 11pm - 3/4/5am in the night...already tried breast feeding/formula feed/pacifier/carry/music mobile/aircon on or off/ tv on or off/bring her out in afternoon to stop her sleeping so much in the day...

anyone has any other possible recommendation? or how long tis will last?

Tinkles mum,
rachel also like that until today ... this morning i change her teats to bigger size (size for 3 months) she can drink faster. Usually drink 30 mins become 15 min can finish
happy.gif
I use tommee tippee brand n she like it cos the shape like our breast. Before this i use pigeon, avent n tollyjoy
happy.gif

cheekz, is the kiddopotamus good? i'm just using a normal cloth. from what i know, they can still be swaddled until about 3months old, thereafter it depends on individual baby.

i also do not swaddle her in the afternoon, once she woke up in the morning, i'll let go of the swaddle. but that means in day time, when she sleep, she might get startle and cry and wake up
happy.gif

mommies who's TBF, how do we exactly know if baby is full or drink enough breastmilk? i was using formula to supplement my BM initially but since last week trying to TBF. so far i managed to total latch her on, only on 2 occasions we gave her formula.

can we just tell from her pee &amp; poo? and of course from the weight gain. but, is there any other signs?

hi pigmohippo,
I based on the number of wet and dirty diapers.
and also, if my bb doesn't wants to latch anymore, then i think is either she is tired or drink enough le.
But whenever she wants to drink, I'll just latch her on.

Re:swaddle
I use bb-blanket to wrap her. day and night.

pigmohippo,
my gal also like that when she is sleeping she get startle then cry n wake up. Is it bcos i never swaddled her? Until now she still like that
sad.gif

hi Lily,
When i din't swaddle her, she'll easily like get 'shock' from her sleep. I feel very heartache, so i always swaddle her.even make it compulsory, wants my hubby n mil also do the same thing...

ibite, i so scare ppl ask me this question leh...thot i preggy again...haiz...so usually i will wear loose top...not so tight fitting one cos the tummy will look bloated...must work harder to make it flat like post-wedding figure...but tough leh...

jamie, i apply the cream 1 week only...not yet see much results...

sharon, i give some warm plain water cos my bb also on fm..but my bb seems like dont wan to drink the plain water...u mean u still swaddle ur bb now ?

<font color="ff0099"> pigmohippo,
hi, my girl is on TBF latching only and because i dont express out, so i also don't know how much she's drinking.

my friend - nurse at TMC - said that as long after every feed baby poos n pees, means there's enough milk.

and if she latches n cries still, i will latch her on again. until she fall aslp haha.

babiesmeme,
alot of mums are using fisher price infant to toddler rocker. its the blue one. i'm intending to get one as well
happy.gif
</font>

Lily, initially i stopped swaddling my baby around a week after discharge from hospital. We thought she didn't like it because she always kicked and managed to find a way out from the cloth.

What happened next is she startle a lot and cry.. sometimes it is quite easy to comfort her and she can go back to sleep, but sometimes very difficult. I was asking around people with babies whether it is common. Many says it is common and will go away by itself as the baby gets older. But i also feel heartache whenever seeing her already sleeping so soundly, then suddenly startle (either just by itself or because of little noise in the house) and cry.

Then i read that swaddling actually helps. So i give it a try again.. but i swaddle only at night. In the day, i bring her cot out to the living area so we can monitor her and hopefully can comfort her as soon as she startle and hopefully before she cry.

So far, at night, she can sleep better and you can see when she startle, her legs will go up a bit, but then it does not continue to crying, and then she will settle herself and continue to sleep. Like last night, she slept for 5 hours. But that's my experience for past 3 days only :p

Hi mummies,

Are you still letting your babies wear mitten? I saw that my boy's hands have skin peeling so don't know whether it is due to the mitten, so will air his hands sometimes. But scared that he scratched himself. I cut his fingernails, but still abit sharp leh.

pigmohippo,
how old urbaby already? my gal 6 weeks still can swaddle her?

sharon ling,
ya ... i also like that but dunno if we swaddle can help her sleep better.

<font color="ff0099"> baby may
i don't let my girl wear mittens or booties in the day time.. she has scratched her face many times hahaha. but i trim her nails when she's aslp so its not that sharp.

i air her hands n feet cos if don't air, its very stinky u noe! got the "cao seng" smell hehe and if u notice, in between the fingers will have dirt.. must clean away if not super stinky haahaha

i only let her wear booties n mittens at nite cos i slp with the air con on.</font>

Re: Mittens
My gal is 2+ weeks old and she still wears mittens. In fact, if she drops it, i cant really be bothered to put it back liaoz cos its my CL who will put in on for her. When CL is gone, i sure will not put on mittens for her. So troublesome.

Re:Cutting fingernails
After you cut the fingernails, it may be good to let baby wear mittens for a while or you may want to use a wet cloth to "file" on the fingernails so that they will be less sharp.

Re: Swaddling
I will only swaddle her in the middle of the nite to make her sleep more easily. At least she feels a sense of cuddling instead of me cuddling her.

Re: TBF
I just assume that if my baby sleeps well, pees and poos well, she is well fed based on TBF. Also, if my Bs feels empty after she has drank, it is also a sign. In fact, now my CL has to agree with me that with latching on, baby can also be full.

Re: nitesleep

My boy has been an alarm clock recently, he wakes up every 2 hour exactly for feed.. hm.. wondering if any baby has started sleeping thru the nite..

Baby May
I dun let bb wear mittens in the day, coz too hot.. but his fingers must be short and not sharp.. so that he wont scratch himself.. only at nite, he will wear mittens coz we sleep in aircon room..

Audrey
I love the chao seng smell haha!!

Lily, pigmohippo,
Swaddle baby tends to sleep better coz they are more secure, but some bb will struggle and wiggle out.. if your bb refused to be swaddle (by struggling and wiggling) then.. it's time not to swaddle him
happy.gif

Lily, my baby is 7 weeks old, can still swaddle
happy.gif

Last time she also always struggle when we swaddled, so we let go. But these few days she's ok. But I only swaddle her when she's about to sleep - so in 'semi-conscious' state, easier to swaddle as she's more receptive
happy.gif

<font color="ff0099"> rc_cola
wah the chao seng smell damn smellllly!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

n thank God my girl slps for 6 hrs at nite!!</font>

Hi,

Today is a long outing for Hui Xin &amp; myself after confinement! We went out from 9.30am till 4.30pm.

Hui Xin is now 4kg, and she has gained abt 1.5kg for 1 mth. However, she is small size according to the health chart (only 25%). It does not bother us as long as bb is healthy!

mittens
my girl still wear them!

Swaddle
We do wrap her, but we make sure she has her bean bag on her tummy in case she got sturdied!

Audrey!!!
6 hours of sleep is very good!! I think girls tend to be easier, last time my #1 also sleeps very well at nite, by 2nd month, she slept thru the nite..

This moo moo is now like alarm clock ler.. wake up at 12.05am, then 2.08am.. haiz!!!

Re; post natal check up
Went to post natal check up, done papsmear (so painful and shy hahaha!!).. and lastly my gynae said: YOU CAN HAVE RELATIONSHIP NOW, BUT USE CONDOM! kekeke.. he never recommends me any pills..
happy.gif

Oh ya i got 1.8kg to lose, hahaha breastfeeding helps to lose weight even tho now i eat like mad..

Thanks for the advice, I will continue to remove the mittens during the daytime then. I will normally remove, then when he put his hands near his face, I will heartache and put back again. I also find there is a cao sng smell, that's why I try to air them when I can.

<font color="ff0099"> rc_cola
haha ya after 1st mth, andrea v easy to look after haha. think she used to the environment liao!!

i also shy when doing pap smear haha i keep laughing hahaha. but during labour not shy ah haha but i forgot how pain it was liao.....

my gynae ask me dun have another bb so fast haha let my womb rest if not drop out hhaha siao gynae lol</font>

Audrey
ya some bb after confinement easy already
happy.gif
Lucky u hahaha...

Papsmear is rather painful haha!

During my #1 last time, gynae said rest at least 9 mths to let the womb recover..

Back