(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

oki
$150/jab...which means total need to take how many jabs at GP? think will bring zach back to PD for his 1st mth checkup..then later will go either GP or polyclinic

Chloe is so guai. Ha..yest caught josh trying to feed zach apples. see liao so touch...brotherly love. Celebrated josh bday on 31-may with relatives only cos i am still in confinement

Lin Qin Yi,
my gal drink Similac frm birth n her poo abit watery (now she 6 weeks).

Mummies,
my gal frm yesterday never poo how? Is it ok? She like got feeling want to poo but never come out. I saw she keep on force to poo n only gas
sad.gif
Wat i must do to help her poo? Can I eat papaya since she BF also?

Hi lily,
ya, need to pay, $50+.
I went twice, one is first week, to release blocked ducts, one is few days ago, which is 6th week, for the engorgement.
I think is worth the $, ease my mind, and I always bring my bb along to check the latching. she will also advise me on BF matters and how to handle bb.
This 2nd time that I went, she even help me plan the timetable to train bb for bottle feed and timetable for expressing BM to adjust when I'm going back to work.

Panda,
3 jabs lor
happy.gif
I brought Ash back to PD for checkup but didnt take up their package.

So nice of Josh, I am sure he will learn to share more with didi
happy.gif

Hah u are celebrating full month, while I am celebrating Chloe's birthday
happy.gif

Oki: Yup we need to pay for the Hep B jabs. We took the package for 2 Hep B jabs cost $27.50. But $20 can deduct from Medisave CPF.

hi oki,
lactation consultant plan the schedule base on i'll be back to work by wk 14. (Total we got 16 wks of maternity leave)
Since I'm enjoying TBF, so she say i can cont, otherwise now i can start to introduce bb everyday bottle feed once.
If not, I can wait till wk 10, She wants me to do the following:
Wk 10: Day time-3 hrly pump, evening time-total latch
Wk 11: Day time-4 hrly pump, evening time-total latch
Wk 12: Day time-5 hrly pump, evening time-total latch
wk 13: Day time-6 hrly pump, evening time-total latch
wk 14: I should adjust to working timing, I haven't sort out my timing. She told me to feed bb in the morning, (express out) empty both breasts. after 6 hrs, should be lunch time, i need to pump out for both breasts again.
After work, go home, (which is equivalent to after 6 hrs from lunch time) empty both breasts and do night time total latch for bb again. She told me if after work need to OT or reach home late, then need to empty breasts first b4 go home.
This is to maintain the milk supply.
But she told me if working is very stress... then this will also decrease the milk supply.
sad.gif

Hi Oki,
Forgot to mention, she told weekend do TBF. Although Monday back to work again, body will a bit confuse but should be no problem.

Lily, You are going to see lactation consultant to relea?

Sharon > thanks for sharing with us the timetable. Very informative.
happy.gif

Abby > How to claim the hep jabs from medisave? Brought my bb gal for her 2nd hep jab at polyclinic on Thurs. Was asked to consider the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 jabs. Also can claim from medisave?

Can anyone advise? Cos we were told to bring cash the next time for my bb's jab eh.

Sk: The nurse told us about it when we brought our girl for 2nd dose Hep B and gave us the medisave form to fill up and pay at the counter.

The 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 can only use from the CDA account. I asked the nurse already.

lily, rc_cola,
seems like the binder really works! but i think hor, its more effective if i bind my mouth...hahaha...i keep eating non-stop...sighs...

shers,
wow, u got alot of milk!
my baby also drinking 80-90ml...she pukes at least once a day during b-feeding...she can't seem to swallow so much but i too lazy to pump everytime also, really hope the puking will stop when she gets older...does ur girl regurgitate during b-feeding?

dodo,
i'm not sure bout fm weight gain and bm weight gain...but from what i see from friends who tbf, their babies are super michelin and sumo by the time 3 mths...i've got quite a few friends who have babies weighing 10kg by 6mths on tbf.but it also deps on ur baby, i guess. if baby is a milk lover and good drinker, shd gain weight v fast and alot...

mine has super small appetite so good supply also can become low supply.

poohwei,
hope u feel better soon! v impressed by ur milk supply! u've got free style and PIS? wow!

tinkles mum,
its good to rant to us whenever u need to! i read in this week's mind ur body that when women talk to other women, it releases progesterone and helps to relax them....so just ventilate whenever u want to...we're here to support each other...

hope to see u on msn so we can chat
happy.gif

okipoki,
hey, my girl's weight is also bout the same as Ash...she's bout 6kg now @ 7weeks. but i'm only bringing her to see PD when she's 2mths old for her 1st review. her review schedule is diff from my #1, starts @ 2mths instead of 1 mth.

sharon,
thanks so much for sharing on ur LC visit! am so happy u got it all sorted out. ur LC must be very good!can PM me her contact? i might need it in future.

but re expressing, i'm not sure if really can wait till wk 10 u know....i started my #1 @ wk 4 and already she rejected bottle. my previous LC advice to start again @ wk 6 and it didn't work either...bought ALL kinds of teats and bottles to get her to accept bottle but my babe was so STUBBORN.....in the end, i had to direct latch her till 13mths!

quite tough, perpetually having a koala hanging on to me where ever i go...also, i had to drive back home every lunch time from work to b-feed her from 9mths onwards (i was on no pay leave till she was 9mths coz i didn't have a good maid to help look after her)

don't mean to scare u lah...but my #2, i started her on bottle on day 5...and she also has shown preference to breast over bottle...i mentioned here before that we take an hr just to feed her 80ml of ebm...also tried using diff teats but no diff...she jus don't really like bottle...but at least she's better than her jie jie!

sk,
how u lose another 3kg? sighs...i have sort of given up...will slowly try to lose weight when i stop b-feeding.

ling,
hey, my girl same, drinking 80ml...90ml the most. how of is ur baby?

audrey,
u mean there are contraceptive pills for b-feeding mums? u know the name of the pill? i wanna find out more...

i definitely "close factory"! cannot afford accident!

<font color="ff0099"> cheekz
hahaha yes have have! the name is NORETHISTERONE 0.35MG TABLET.

must get a prescription from gynae. haha she say this is v v v v v v v v safe
happy.gif
</font>

SK, Cheekz..
You all are welcome..

Cheekz,
I don't have LC's contact. I always call KK's operator's number, ask them to page her and she'll call me back.
For my bb, when I was massage or go out shopping, my MIL will feed her with bottle, and CL also feed her once at night. So far still OK. Other than that, I'm on TBF. I like to feed her directly, lazy to pump and also no need to wait until she cry loud loud... haha

jamie,
i also thinks that not necessary to get the oil from her. Im using both whitening and firming cream. so far so gd. Im using ida's cloth. stupid me to buy tt cloth from them... i can just ask my mum to sew one long cloth for me to bind man.!

Brought bb for hep B on thur. BB weighing 5.6kg @ 1mth 1wk. at birth he is only 3.14kg. he's 1.5kg heavier then my #1.. guess he is absorbing really well... and his overall is either 90 percentile or 97 percentile.! =D

Cheekz > Me taking care of my bb alone eh since confinement month...have not been sleeping well too. Tired. Only no cooking and doing laundry. Think not a healthy way to lose those kgs. Fats still there..only lost water I believe.

Abby > How come I was not asked by the clinic at the polyclinic to fill up the form for claiming medisave eh? Did you also go to polyclinic? Not sure what's in package 2? *puzzled*

My bb gains little weight since birth. Only gains 400g since birth. 3.5kg at week 5.5.

jamie, the firming cream i use is from taiwan...recommended by a fren lah...

tinklesmum, no lah...of cos my boy still wake up for feed in the nite...cos i only tell u my schedule from morning start...haha...if last feed is 11pm...usually my boy will wake up for next feed at 3am, then 6am...nite time i am the only one taking care of my boy...i sleep seperate room with hb cos do not wish to disturb him when bb cry...anyway my hb will not wake up to feed and change diaper de loh....

hey, i can understand how u feel when u say ur mum solely take care of jonas...haha...cos during my confinement period...my CL also dont allow me to carry bb, rock bb, play with bb, bathe bb...only can bf him and return back to my CL...at that time i dont feel close to jaeden at all...he will cry and cry when i carry him...but aft CL left, i do everything myself...and i can really feel the bonding esp when i bathe him...he liked it when i wrapped him up and hug him tightly...btw, the water temperature i use also 37-38, my boy feels so comfortable in the tub...he will not struggle and wail anymore when i put him in the water...haha...

audrey, i have sold away my FP bouncer le...mine is the cover and play bouncer...comes with attached blanket...vibration only, no music...mil keeps nagging that the bouncer is too small and refuse to let jaeden sleeps in it...but the fact is jaeden can fall asleep very fast in that bouncer loh...she nag at me everyday so i very fed up and sold it away yesterday ! so today my jaeden cant sleep from 11am till 2.30pm think he miss his bouncer...then my mil LL go to pat him to sleep but he also cant fall asleep at all...haha...i am getting a new one for him soon...

tmr i am bringing jaeden out with mil and hubby to Hougang point shopping...but very headache dunno what to wear...cos wear wat also not nice...very sian....

Thanks Cheekz and everyone for your support.

Thanks Porky for sharing... you are right, I don't feel the bonding with Jonas now. I hope month 2 will be better for me too - if my mom is supportive of leaving us alone.

Abby,
hep b 2nd dose can pay by medisave? amk polyclinic cashier din tell me. could have saved some $$.

SK,
wat is package 2?

sk: our area gt polyclinic?

xue: i also bgt the cloth bt nvr use. so bo liao to waste the money. so hard to tie.. maybe if it's easier i will use la.. haha..

porky: ur cream working yet?

Yup, heb b 2nd dose by medisave? Choa Chu Kang polyclinic didnt tell me that as well... Maybe, i will ask again during the next visit.

All of you have very healthy and big babies. Congrats! My girl is ok ok at 4.2kg (4th week) only but 50% percentile so not so worrying. She drinks very little actually, about 90ml per 3 hr/4hr. Think she is not drinking enough. Sleeps too much.

Mummies, my girl wants to be carried all the time. She can't seem to be alone (bed, rocker, sofa, playgym etc all don't work). Worse when it comes to nap time or sleep time. Cries non-stop till we carry her. And just when we thought she is in deep sleep, place her down in cot and she starts wailing again... Looks like I have a real tough girl here. Anyone has this experience. What to do with this? Not to compare, but I really dont remember my #1 being like that. In fact, he has very good sleeping habits right from the beginning.

I also put my girl in her own room now. REalised that both hubby and I couldn't sleep peacefully when she was with us in the masterbed room. In fact,she also didnt like to be in our room. During the 1 week she was with us, the minute she makes some noises, we will wake up and that really disrupted our sleep...Also, she somehow knew that someone was sleeping with her so she was more attention seeking. I dont know if it is a good idea to leave her in her own room all by herself but feel that this is the right time to do somehow...

My fever has finally subsided. Only panadol cold helps in bringing down my fever that is due to engorgement.

Last nite, my gal had her milk at 9pm, 1am, 5am and 7.30am. From 5pm till 9pm, she was practically latching every hourly. Guess she wanted to drink until she is very full so that her nite feeds can be extended. Any mummies facing this?

Poohwei..

haha.. yeah.. my bb tends to drink a lot in the evening time, starting from 5pm onward till he sleeps at about 10+ or 11... tho he is very full, he is still waking up at 1am, 3+ or 4+ then 6+am.. after that the next feeding is at 11am (after shower), 2 pm, and 4+pm..

Grace
Could it be that she is used to be carried? Every baby is unique, dun compare k.
My #2 wakes up so frequent at nite, which is very diff from my #1.. so is different. I am happy if he just cont to sleep after feeding hehe.. dun ask us to entertain...

Cheekz..
haha.. binder works.. but u still need to eat nutritious food due to bf
happy.gif
I also eat non-stop.. that my MIL asked me if i were preg again hahaha!! How can.. :p we didnt do anything hahaha!

Jamie:
There is one Jur Polyclinic at Jur East Ave 1 near the Mobile petrol station.. If you are at Jur West Ext, then it will be a bit far for you!

Hey Cheekz (and other mummies who bottled fed your babies) - what bottles/teat are the best combi for babies?

My boy was on Medela and Pigeon bottles, with Pigeon teats. But I realised the teat holes tore easier and led to my boy's choking. Either that or the bottles caused him to suck in a lot of air when he drank.

I remembered coming across someone mentioning abt Dr Brown's bottle and I bought to try. Personally I felt the bottle deals very well with the sucking in of air, but because the teat hole is so small, my boy always fall asleep when suckling on it and ended up not finishing his milk.

He should be taking 100ML now on average but since he fell asleep eventually, he will end up drinking onlu 80-90ML.

Does any mum face the same prob?

SK, Juju78, GraceofGod:

I also didn't know can pay by medisave until the nurse told me. I paid for 2 Hep B jabs yesterday $27.50, $20 deducted from Medisave.

So the 3rd dose next time just go to the polyclinic, don't need to pay already.

I go to clementi polyclinic.

hi,
can i check with you about the baby's jabs...

any polyclinic has the jabs like hepB or 6-in-1 is it? which one is claimable via medisave or cda?

i jus delivered on 4th June... heard from PD dat need to go for jab one month later? GP better or polyclinic better?

me confused...

ahnetsan:
Congrates and welcome to motherhood!

So far, all 2 elder kids have jabs at polyclinic and Developement Assessment at polyclinic. I do not have to pay for DA, 3-in-1 jab, heb b is $10 per jab except if birth at kkh as it's included liao.

As for 5-in-1 or 6-in-1, there will be extra charge and usually polyclinic charge as a package for all 3 dose, whereas, PD or GP, charge by per dose &amp; some include consultation some exclude!

Abby > It's really strange that the polyclinic staff din inform us about the claim at all and I thought polyclinic as a subsidised institution does not include any medisave deduction at all so I din ask.

But I thought all 1st hep jab was done over at their own delivery hospital. So how come package 2 still got 2 hep jabs?

Jamie > I went to the one at Jurong Polyclinic, the one Joyce mentioned earlier. That's the closest polyclinic in our area. The one at frontier CC is partial pte. Expensive. Are you sondering the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 jab? Was told by the nurse that it's $330 (think a mummy also mentioned that before) and the chicken pox jab costs $70 and only from 1yo and up.

xue,
ur boy put on 2.5kg in 1 mth! wow! thats very impressive! ur milk must be very powerlah
happy.gif
well done! ur boy must be super chubby now, i love chubby babies, so squishy!

poohwei,
glad to know ur fever has subsided. take care!

hi tinkles mum,
my #1 hates all teats so can't recommend u based on her. for her i used nuk, pigeon and avent.

for my #2, i'm using pigeon teats and medela teats. but mostly using pigeon teats. so far she's feeding bout 80-90ml same as u (but my baby is older, think shd drink more than that) and it takes us 1hr each time for her to finish.

i havent' tried dr browns bottles, it quite ex right?

audrey,
thanks for the reply. will ask my gynae when i go for pap smear.

grace,
my girl was like that during her 3rd week...i almost cancelled my full mth party coz i was soooooooo tired! that was why i hardly come into the forum then...she's much better now...perhaps its just a phase like my girl..

but my girl also very light sleeper...i can't even sneeze softly, she will wake up and cry angrily @ me for making noise!

Sharon > I give my bb warm water to drink, either via spoon or bottle. It's okay to do that just in moderation cos water has 0 calories. Not nutritious for bb.

Abby > So in our case if compare against yours...dun think we are entitled for the claim already? Cos we were not asked about package 2 and the claim too? Clementi, AMK &amp; Jurong all under NHG but works diff somehow.

Porky,

Same here. I think I wear wat also not nice leh. Yesterday go shopping at Tiong Bahru Plaza got a sales gal ask me if I am buying rompers for the baby in my tummy.
blush.gif
Faintz

I think my hormones go hay wire liao. Dun eat much also can grow fat. haiz... Is it coz the older you are, the harder to lose excess weight?

Re: Warm water

I gave warm water coz feeding FM.

<font color="ff0099"> sharon,
i give andrea warm water thru syringe cos she rejects the bottle. just a little to wet her throat when she cry haha.

re: sleep pattern
my girl sleeps from 11pm to about 6am every night now. but she naps for less than 3 hrs in the day. very alert n likes to play
happy.gif
</font>

Rc cola, yup, cant compare but really... kind of strange cos she really wants people to carry her (anytime, she cant stay alone on her own, cant lie down on her rocker, cant entertain herself with the music mobile). I suspect must be CL who carried her too often when she was younger. We are so tired out cos of this... Tried leaving her to cry to sleep but to no avail and plus the fact that her cries are so sharp, worried will wake the whole neighbourhood up.

Cheekz, I hope it's a passing phase too... so difficult. Maid and I cant do much with her crying for attention all the time
sad.gif
By the way, she is also a light sleeper...

Icyen, I tried Meihao, YLS, continental delights and neogarden. Must say Neogarden is the best. Remember their curry chicken is a must
happy.gif

Sharon, I give my girl water at room temperature and she is ok.

Audrey, your girl is amazing... sleeping through the night at such a young age already
happy.gif
How to make her sleep less in the day ah? My girl is a night bird, sleeps in the day
sad.gif
and I am trying to revert this habit of hers but tough...

Poohwei, good to hear that your fever has subsided. Take care from now on
happy.gif

Abby, SK, Juju, kind of strange that different polyclinics have different policies. so inconsistent. Will ask about it when I next visit.

abby,
maybe only above $20 then they will tell? my bill for hep b jab less than $20...
the package we r taking up for the 5/6-in-1s will cost a total of $326.10.

icyen,
i ordered asian menu - neo's fiesta package a. not bad. only sweet &amp; sour fish not so nice. had a lot of balance food - though dunno is bcos guests got super small appetite or the portions are big.
we had - thai pineapple rice &amp; mee goreng, honey chicken, fried fish balls + sotong youtiao, sweet &amp; sour fish, oyster kailan, samosa, choc eclairs, honey sea coconut dessert &amp; fruit punch.

sharon,
i din give my gal water since she decreased her fm feeds to 1 per day. the bm she take should be enough for her water content, i hope.

graceofgod - i've oso shifted the bb cot over to her own room. she was simply too noisy in the master bedroom and we didn't sleep well as a result. bbs are very adaptable at this age so not to worry abt them. in fact, i read dat it's good for bb to sleep on their own coz it helps them to develop their individuality. and becoz we shifted the cot to the kids room, we managed to coax our #1 to go there to sleep too on the pretext dat mei mei needs company ;p we've managed to 'get rid' of her for the past week! hurray.

icyen - i oso used neo garden on the recommendation of the mummies here. very gd feedback from my guests. their sve is gd too. the chix curry and eclairs are good.

tinkles mum - i guess your mum is juz being over protective. she might tink dat you being first time mum is not experienced to handle the bb well. i suppose she means well. but you need to tell her tactfully dat you wan bonding time with bb. being working mums, this period is really the best time to bond with our bbs.

adv sport - i can only be efficient when bb cooperates ;p the whole of yest, she was cranky and refused to sleep. if my hb wasn't around, i wouldn't be able to get anything done. dun worie, you will get better with time and practice.

i've intro the pacifer as of today! seems to work well coz bb is not asking to be carried so much. will wait and see how it goes. my #1 didn't wan the pacifer once she discovers sucking of thumb.

hi... thanks for the reply.
I just wondering.. bcoz i never give my gal to drink water.
Bcoz I thought bm should gave her enough water
maybe i should try and give her some..
But how much water did u all feed your bb?

Back