(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Eviangal, $5-$6 for foil & $6-8 for airwalker - general guideline.

Edj, noted to help u collect the porridge.

KP, i need some items too. Later will email u.

Mummies,

any suggestion on hotels that serve good high tea buffet for bday celebration?
i think gotto change the venue for Edgar's bday...just realised too many ppl..cant squeeze them all into my house...sigh....

<font color="0000ff">Joie:</font> I'll test it diz coming wk coz got some long trips out of e house end of e wk, when hb's away
wink.gif
Wl update u aft dat. I'll prob b a bit KS &amp; pre-heat it twice. And I believe if we cut e meat up finely, it shd cook well enuf. Btw, I juz rmbr where I saw collapsible tub -- Carrefour, in car care section! U chk &amp; c if stl hv coz I prob saw it some x last yr, item was in a promotion set-up thus it caught my attn
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Pumpkin</font> Ok, I'll inform Pravina abt Tiger Jar. Tx, tx! Bastion shaking legs happily in e Maxi Cosi whenever we put him in. The recilne mechanism is veri smooth 2 - doesn't jerk so he stl slps soundly when I hv 2 adjust 4 him. So on hindsight, we're veri happy w e investment. Hey, I think Safe n Sound (US) is actuali Britax (UK). Coz @ Taka Bb Fair there were a few dat had both brands on it &amp; when I asked e promoter (young gal) she said one US &amp; one UK. Anyway, Britax was e other brand dat many of my frenz recommended, besides Maxi Cosi.

kidz, just opened the box i bought from giant, yeah, the pampers from giant are the balloon stretch ones
happy.gif
2 packs of 38 inside, like the box, v pretty, can use to store toys, heh

Hi Mummies...
I have a recommendation on a bakery that's really good. Check this out... http://www.pnfpastry.com/

She makes really good cakes... especially her blueberry cheesecake... one of the best I've had. And her prices her very reasonable. Hope it can be another good option for all. =)

Ya. Is lunch on tml? Wed I cant make it. Tml ok. Can keep me posted?

Went Isetan yest. Sighz.. the 0.7L tiger jar now selling for $65. The 0.9L one is on offer at $59. When I asked why the big difference, they said the big one is on offer. I think I will try checking Carrefore for the small one. Hopefully can get from there.

Ow Mummy: Thinking of self collecting if my chalet is at Pasir Ris area since not too far. Well.. will see how.. Venue plans not finalised yet.

Kidz, oh I see... Kept getting confused with britax n safeNsound, at least I know why now. Glad the tobi is working well for you. I emailed pravina too.
Trying to mentally prepare myself for next few weeks. I went to work on sat for a few hours to organize a bit and saw the amount of stuff to be done, almost broke out in cold sweat.

just booked our summer vacation as well, anyone wants Chanel can PM me in May to book your slot :p

eviangal, I have one tiger food jar from the isetan sale that I am not sure I will keep. If I décidé to sell it, I will let you know.

By the way, used the CB bubble bath in the tub today n Ning looooooves it! She enjoyed herself tremendously. When I asked her to come out and dry off, she told me 'no no no' while wagging her finger, cracked me up completely.

pseed, that's funny! She must really like bubble bath! So what do you want to do with the tiger food jar? Just let me know ya..

Let's set lunch for wed since appears most cannot do on Monday
UOB one for one is Out of the Pan which i think u guys tried last week.

1) Holiday Inn Orchard (Walking dist fr PS) has 1 for 1 buffet at Window on the Park Restaurant.

2) Their Tandoor North Indian Restaurant also got 1 for 1 a la carte Thali Set Lunch at $39++ before discount.

Game for Indian food??? I tried the restaurant before and is very nice.

3) Cafeteria il Lido @ Suntec City has 1 for 1 main course but is at suntec. Have not tried this pl before.

RE: Lunch on Wed 18 Mar at 1 pm
Venue: PS or Raffles City

1) edj
2) KP
3) eviangal
4) Powerball
5) Pei (mon cannot)
6) ultrabeary (mon / wed ok)
7) Audrey

Powerball,

wah u r the earliest...
happy.gif
Edgar woke up late today around 8.40am so i get to sleep later today also...
happy.gif

il lido at suntec is good...had their set lunch..very good...very good value for money... but i think KP wont go...
happy.gif
actually its okay lei...got lift all the way down to the basement...

Indian food at holiday inn orchard also very nice..went there for a bday party and it happened to be an indian...so they catered for indian food...very nice indeed...

yum yum..now u r making me also want to go for the lunch....

powerball, i dun fancy indian food leh:p

edj, yeah i bought quite a bit, then realised how come avent doesnt even have 20% off!! this taka baby fair really not worth it, think like robinsons 20% sale more worth it lor, economy really recovering ah!!

<font color="ff3399"> mummies, so frustated with a spree organiser. letting off steam here. i order some items last mth and self collected in punggol yday specially.

the organiser told me my First Bday tablecloth OOS, so i expected to get Happy Bday Banner and Pooh Wall Banner. She forgot to minus the OOS items and still calculated my shipping based on 3 items.

when i collected it yday, was surprised the First Tablecloth n Wall Banner in the plastic bag. Turn out the Happy Birthday Banner OOS.

then 2day she sms me that i collected the wrong package and ask me where i live. location is too far for her so she ask me go post office n send it to the other mummy! i was so mad i went to check the archive n realised the other mommy did not even order the First Bday Tablecloth but Baby Pooh Tablecloth.. *faint*.. blood pressure rising liao..

told her I am not free to go P.O. and ask her to check carefully as those are indeed my items. then she replied she'll check and later on, she found out she made a mistake and said its the other mummy's Baby Pooh tablecloth OOS and said my Happy Birthday Banner still at her place! She packed wrongly, and told me top up shipping and collect that Banner again.. really cheesed off must travel cck --> punggol again.. </font>

KP
I went Taka fair yday it Avent had 25% off leh...

Taka fair had sooo many things again. So tempted to buy lots of things but too bad or luckily hubby was ard to control me hehe. Saw collapsible bath tub at $59.90 i think. wanted to buy potty 49.90 but hubs thinks too early (??) Maclaren's new XLR is really pretty!! n now comes with the safety cover.

KP,

so u stil bought the avent products even without 20% discount?

yeah look at the number of ppl there..and i noticed a lot of ppl bought also...so its not that type where a lot of ppl just see but no buy...
happy.gif
looks like most ppl have forgotten about the crisis which has just happened not too long ago...
happy.gif

edj, eunice, only few items were on 25% for avent lor! and i didnt need those items summore..i bought teats and pacifiers then at the counter when i was paying then dawned upon me that eh, how come no 20%, but since i was ald there just pay lor, forget it:p i also bought pigeon wet tissues, balls for isaac, rubber duckies etc...wanted to get non slip socks but din see any...any idea where to buy from?

bonbon, aiyo, good thing in the end i decided not to purchase from the spree:p so u gg back tom collect?

KP
really meh? cos they put there 25% ALL ITEMS leh. i wanted to buy pacifier also but decided to let N try the one i bought first b4 buying more. din see non slip socks there. i bought mine online - tippytoes tt type. but i think dun need non slip socks already la. time to wear shoes liao.

bonbon
relax relax...

eunice, no leh, i went back after paying to ask them summore and she said 25% only on items in the pic!! sian

<font color="ff3399">eunice, thanks babe.. haha v cool now alr

KP, i ordered from 4 sprees leh.. LOL.. only this v disorganised.. btw, i haven got the rice leh. must be that day u joking la.. ask if i wanna be 1st to lose my parcel.. :p

Sh.. u collected ur items alr? think that organiser is really busy n cause so much inconvenience. last fri night i went punggol collect, call her many times no reply, then next morning she said her phone on silent. then yday go collect its her helper pass me..

end up she said will charge me cheaper shipping but i rather pay in full since it was indeed 3 items shipped to SG, then she give me foc postage for banner so i dun need go self collect.. </font>

bonbon, is it the spree from birthday direct?
I was actually thinking of tagging onto her spree if the payment didn't go thru! So now I should re-consider hor?

KP, u are right!! They dun accept our credit card leh.. so I am trying to pay by other means without incurring extra cost....

I can make it for lunch this wed at PS too. :D

Bon bon,

u talking about ecmum ah?
i ordered some from her spree also..okay lei..just that she took a bit loner to come back with the postage coz i think she does a lot of sprees all at once...

<font color="ff3399">bbmum, edj

not birthday direct, its EZ spree.. ecmom, dealing with her so far ok for me, just that items take some time.. she did say items will arrive this week</font>

Hi bonbon,

me joined the EZ spree too, spree #20, tktotts right? she's busy with exam ya so may mis calculate the monies yo... me also clarified with her lor... she's our apr'10 mummy too... items arrived bah, as she has sent out my items on sat leh...

<font color="ff3399">reiner, yup i know.. alr clarified with her and i told her cos of this mistake, i thought the tablecloth was OSS, so i ordered from local shop at 9.90. then when i collected yday i realised tablecloth was there.. it was Happy Birthday OSS, so last night i place order again for banner, then now in the end.. all items were with her.. so got doubles.. :S

but all settled n she gonna mail me my banner.. so hope it reaches me safe n sound..
happy.gif
</font>

Let's set lunch for wed since appears most cannot do on Monday
UOB one for one is Out of the Pan which i think u guys tried last week.

1) Holiday Inn Orchard (Walking dist fr PS) has 1 for 1 buffet at Window on the Park Restaurant.

2) Their Tandoor North Indian Restaurant also got 1 for 1 a la carte Thali Set Lunch at $39++ before discount.

Game for Indian food??? I tried the restaurant before and is very nice.

3) Cafeteria il Lido @ Suntec City has 1 for 1 main course but is at suntec. Have not tried this pl before.

RE: Lunch on Wed 18 Mar at 1 pm
Venue: PS or Raffles City

1) edj
2) KP
3) eviangal (changed wed apt liaoz. Can make it now. But can we have it at PS or Raffles City? Other places cant. Too difficult to travel from office)
4) Powerball
5) Pei (mon cannot)
6) ultrabeary (mon / wed ok)
7) Audrey

KP: Can go through yet? With the billing add I gave you? FYI, was told comgateway raised their concierge fees to 10% now.

Didnt manage to get anything from Taka. Wanted to buy stroller, Val screamed like hell the moment I put her into the stroller.

Wanted to get toys, but some toys she already have similar ones liaoz..

Reiner and Powerball: Mailing out your items today.

edj, try the Shangri-la..

The Rose Veranda is really nice for Hi Tea and there is now a 30% discount on Sat and Sundays (except Easter Sun) if you have a DBS Credit Card.

edj,
i heard marriot got function rooms available for kid's birthday party.. u can call them n find out... or try those club?? but not sure if their food is nice...

pseed,

thanks for the advice. my mil will usually cook 2 meals (usually porridge) for my girl during weekdays and i'll give her jar food/cereal/yogurt over the weekends..but recently she keep shaking her hands and head (as if to say no) when i feed her jar food/yogurt and would fuss and refuse to eat..think she has developed a preference for homecooked food so would like to make some for her. i'm a terrible cook so steaming them is right up my alley haha =p am still torn between babycook and the avent one though..arghz super undecisive..

re meat in tiger food jar
the promoter advised against throwing raw meat in to cook cos she said cant tell if the temperature is high enough to kill all the bacteria on the meat..

Edj, try the NUSS guildhouse at Suntec..It's open to the public for rental of the function room

I enquired prior.. it's around SGD30++ per person for hi tea + use of their function room. The room is pretty big and min pax to use the room = 30 people, and you can even order a medium size bouncy castle inside the function room.

Thanks Joie &amp; Ultrabeary

i will check with them.worse case if cant, then i will get my SIL to book her function room and i will cater food lah...

<font color="0077aa">Sebastian went A&amp;E last nite:</font> I was 2M away fr him packing B1's backpack 4 CC. He was standing @ this small shelf &amp; I tink trying to take his Thomas The Train ball fr a plastic tray, when the whole shelf fell on him &amp; all on it. He fell back onto the floor and suffered an extrememly big bump (felt pointy) and cuts on his nose -- all bruised &amp; swollen. @ KKH the Dr said to juz monitor, dint do xray or scan. No ointment for the cuts either coz too close to his eyes &amp; he wldn't even let them put a plastic ovr the cuts. Dr said even if nose broken also kant do much. Itz actuali the upper bridge whc is all swollen. Bt he's stl active, latching on &amp; eating normally. He's stl sticky as ever &amp; the trouble is now dat he's walking he juz dun wan 2 b penned in. I kant put him in e bbcot w/o him chewing bits off (many bits liao &amp; he'll pass them to me...) or put him in the jumperoo w/o him crying 'murder' (of his freedom)... Keeping close eye on him for these 72hrs.

wow kidz, heartache......my gosh.....i feel ur pain.....!

this is the stage where we gotta monitor so so so closely....my boy is lso climbing here n there.....purposely topple over his toyogo box on the side and climb on top of it to cross over to the other side.....if we don watch over him, he's gonna fall hard!...

so many senarios and everywhere they can fall.....so scary.......hope S recvrs soon......

Kidzs,

oh so sorry to hear about what happened to Sebastian...but he is okay now...no pain? as i read your posting, i can visualise him with the cuts and swollen nose....ai yoh...poor Sebastian...hope that he will be well soon....

kidz
sorry to hear abt S falling b getting bruised n all. u must hv had a rude shock. its really scary...agree with Sh..this is a v trying time. i cant imagine handling 2!!!

kidz, hope S clears the 72 hr period. My gal likes to go for wires, dog food, her bro's lego pieces.. and also needs constant companion. Meal preparation times are especially trying...

bonbon: I might be able to pick up ur items from the spreeist. then pass to u this wkend. so less waiting time.

kidz: Hope the Sebas is fine. U take care too.

<font color="119911">kidz,
i tink the small case or something similar happened to Catherine's M oso. hope sebastian will b fine soon.</font>

Back