(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

TKTOTTS >> Hang in there, need to be strong for your dad!!
please get your hubby to A&E ASAP... dun delay.. can rectify problem if caught early and minimise pain for him and his loved ones...

Ipanpan >> i worry abt losing my bond with my son.. noticed how he is getting closer with my mum cos FT back at work...i latch him on after work and before i go to work...hence postopning taking my ab....also he is cranky a little of his jab so he feels comforted when latched on..i think so lah..

Moogey >> yup its true you pass on the antibodies..plus for me, helps keep my BM supply up..has actually gone up this week..

Kidz >> i hope i respond to these antibiotics, dun think i've been given less strong antibiotics cos of BFing...usually i need to take abt 2 courses of antibiotics to fully recover...haiks!!.. last i was sick when i was in my 2nd trimester...=(

I LOVE THE LION haircut!!! at least not looking like poodle..i dun like!!

HappyLittleWoman (crystalline17)
pravina (pravina)
kidzskidz (kidzskidz)
powerball (powerball)

Tks for yr support. I was actually tearing in the MRT last nite. Sitting ops me a guy must be thinking I siow or wat. Ha ha....

Managed to ask my HB to see doc today. Went to Raffles then to SGH. Nw admitted. Seem 90% is appendicitis. Waiting for report too... Also Waiting to be op now I think.

My mum became my 'runner' for my HB & Dad as both at the same hospital. So tiring for her. Sigh!

kidzskidz (kidzskidz), wow! new hair do for dogs! Sure scare pp from side view.

<font color="ff0000">tingting</font>
thanks, but i still havent finished the everyday lotion and got 1 more spare.. so no need to order at the moment
happy.gif

baby drinking less after vaccines
is this normal for babies here?
i noticed my bb doesn't have much appetite days after her vaccination..
went for her 2nd 5-in-1 yest plus 2nd rotavirus and since then, she hasn't been drinking much..
today whole day only 320ml so far..

at 4mths 1wk she's 6.5kg and 63cm..50th percentile..

first hair cut
she wailed like mad! poor baby hated it..
now she looks like a boy boy..i need more hats for her already...

<font color="ff0000">audrey</font>
have the beanies arrived?

<font color="ff0000">Tktotts</font>
oh dear, do take care, don't worry too much, ur hubby will be fine, appendicitis is quite common as long as the docs remove it, he will be ok and the pain will also disappear...

HAVE 2 TINS OF 900G ENFALAC A + SELLING FOR $35 EACH
AS CHILD IS TAKING SOY MILK NOW. NTUC SELLING $40 PLUS.

COLLECTION AT EUNOS MRT OR RAFFLES PLACE

PLS PM ME IF KEEN.

tktotts, no prob, just PM me with your order when ready. take care, pray that everything will be well soon.

hope everyone who's feeling sick will recover soon.

oshgosh, powerball, no problem. i use quite a few CB products on my kids, so usually will order once every 2-3m..
happy.gif

hey powerball, are u SAHM? the other day was walking with ariel along the park connector n realised it's quite fast to get to ur Lor... if u're at home maybe we can have a pm chat session..
happy.gif

Hi all,

I am also a April mummy. My girl is born on 17 April in TMC.

Would like to ask if any mummies have started giving semi solid food when ur baby reached turn 4 mths?

hello! im frm march thread =P jus popped by, read that few of u staying at sembawang... hee hee me too... few of the mummies in jan,feb &amp; march also staying sembawang. maybe cn org little gathering =P

anywhow, wanted to ask those who had Dr Lawrence Ang as their gynae, for natural delivery, did he use vacuum ? becos he used vacuum for mine..
sad.gif
in fact 2 of the other mummies in jan thread also same thing.. plus one of the other mummies in my march thread too... a bit disappointed.. but must agree that he is very chop chop... and not too bad as a gynae la... =P

missycandy, my fren gave birth in july by Dr Ang also by vacuum normal delivery. So it's his practice? But i don't see why is there a need to do so unless bb in distress or have difficulty and need to come out fast..or maybe becos mummy have no strength or too tired then he assist? Cos my fren is too tired and too painful so speed up/shorten the process? Don't have to pain so long and push so hard maybe..

hi hi,
good morning mummies...
very tired.. terrrible nite with my boy.. kept waking up and crying and wants to be latched on... no fever.. just cranky after his shot.. and i'm sick...=(

my gynae was Dr Ang and also had vacuum.. mine did not come down at all and i was in labor for abt 24 hours.. finally took the epi after trying laughing gas.. glad i did that cos he only came out the next day!!

Hihi,
Dr Ang did not use vacuum for me..cos maybe mine was okie. 3 push bb is out.

Hi misscandy, so nice to see another mummy living in sembawang. which part of sembawang u staying?

<font color="119911">mousy, dodos,
after 3 days, i pump still have 280ml. so 9/8 till nw havent pump, still a bit engorge but i tink can dn pump 4ever liaoz, soooo hapi.

owmum stopped oreadi.

marie,
mc for u to rest hpr, not to go gai gai ah. hw r u nw?

tktotts,
hang in thr k. family members sick, we r normali the tired one coz got to take care of them. u still working huh? muz b drained, do take enough rest when u can.</font>

misscandy,
Dr Ang used vaccum on me too, that's cos during my 38th week checkup, he told me that my birth canal is too narrow and I would have a high chance of emergency C section if I wanna opt for natural delivery. So I guess mine is really 'assisted' delivery, just in case. On the other hand, if you look at the delivery packages carefully, the natural delivery and natural assisted delivery ones for one-bedder (not so sure for the rest) differ by less than $100, but the medisave deduction is higher by a couple of hundreds. Hee you know Dr Ang's reputation for being cheap (as in price cheap not he's cheap! LOL), he probably always want to help his patients to save money, hence if there is any sign of difficulty for bb to come out, he will not hesitate to use the vaccum.
happy.gif

Wow you know so many other mummies from the other threads in Sembawang! Me kuku, read the April 2009 mummies thread only haha...
happy.gif

AC,
My girl was born on 18 April, but I don't intend to start her on solids so fast yet. Probably in another month's time cos she still likes her milk and growing fine. I guess BM should be more nutritious than rice cereal.
happy.gif

tktotts,
everything's okay on your hubby side?

kidz,
yeah it was indeed very painful! I imagined contraction pain to be more painful than my appendicitis when I was preggie, but it's the other way round! The acute pain I experienced during appendicitis was really very bad, so painful till I couldn't shout nor stand, could only roll in bed in agony, plus it happened so suddenly in the middle of the night! I had to be hospitalised for 5 days to drain the toxics from my body, and I have a 7cm scar on my right lower abdomen. I lost 5 kg from the 5 days stay, like giving birth like that hehehe... Hopefully no others have to go thru this nightmare again!
happy.gif

dodo -
sad.gif
ya. actually after thinking abt it. i think its his standard prac. unless u go into labour urself and dilate really fast! then no choice he wun vacuum. he actually does a lot of deliveries! so i guess he really times them all nicely one after another. the other mummy in march thread delivered jus b4 i did. she was at TMC. i was at MT A. so after her, he did mine. Not sure if any other inbetween though. heh. Hers was ard 1310. mine was 1340. ha.. maybe inbetween have ba. i 3 pushes then bb out... but with vacuum leh... so dont feel so shiok abt it liao.. haha! thought easy labour.. boo...

out of curiosity... those delivered by Dr Ang.. was it Tues or Thurs? hehehe... mine was tues...

tan - heloooo . hee. i stay the pink blocks. 35**
happy.gif
u leh?

happylittlewoman - yes i agree his prices are really low... in fact.. maybe becos its his fault as well la... he asked me to admit to Mt A monday night... said will deliver Tues am... but i didnt feel any contractions... so i jus stayed at home.. he called me ard 9pm+ and asked me which ward i was at.. i said im stil at home... then he was like what r u doing at home? come to hospital now! by the time u wait for contractions, u wld have delivered at home! so guai guai go hospital lo... admitted b4 12 lo... and he only came to see me after 12MN lo... and i actually opted for double bedder ... but the neighbour turned the aircon high(STUFFY!) and used a lot of medicated oil... so i bth.. asked to upgrade to single bedder... and I had to pay for full day rate for those 2hrs i was there... haii... so he got the admin to charge me double bedder rate for that night instead of single bedder lor... if i admitted after MN, i wldnt have to pay anything leh... booo... =P

okie a bit long winded hahaha!

actually initially i was in this thread becos my EDD was early april. i think 1st or something la... then i migrated to March becos the date pushed forward... heheheh.. end up i delivered 10th March heee...

eh next time we cn order things together =P hahaha! i order together with one of the jan mummies... hee heee...

HLW - u cn always pop by the earlier threads jus for experience ba... since the babies are bigger... they wld have gone thru phases 1st... i do pop into Jan thread and Feb sometimes... =P

Tks Tks MUMMIIES....Since yesterday till nw, My HB have nt eaten. Doc did his round this morning and told my HB got to do scoop. But till nw nothing is done yet. Seem like the docs are suspecting stones in the colon now.

My HB is getting mad there! Ha ha!

At Hm, I trying to manage with my naughty boy.. He is so NAUGHTY. Shout! Scream! Yell! ETC.....

BB2 is nw flipping. So I got to stay beside him till he fall asleep then can leave the rm. Cos he nt really nod how to flip back yet..

Dont nod if I am stress or wat. Juz pop alot of chocs into my mouth.

Misscandy, actually they should juz charge you by the hr when you are in b4 midnite.

That wat happen to my case too. This time I am clever to read bills (Ha Ha) I told them I was admitted around 10PM, so should nt charge me as the whole day. Then another CSO say I was rite too. If I did nt read carefully, think I end up paying $200+ more lor....

Ting ting, think I skip the CB products. Not really in the mood to spend $$. Sorry.

Solid FOOD:

I wont be starting at 4mths. Usually I will wait till bb can sit up straight then I give him food. Scare he get chokes. Afterall, PD also say there no hurry to intro solid food. My 1st boy I started him on solid food was abt 7mths old then.

Tingting, cool! My hse very near the park which has the bicycle rental shop. Can meet u at the park next time. I always try to bring the bb out around 6 plus pm during weekdays.

My bb went on strike against bottle again.

<font color="#3300ff">
Hi Mummies, sorry to intrude

Selling a quite a few packets of Pampers Active Baby Diapers (the purple packaging premium ones).
All bought locally from GIANT, unopened and brand new.
Selling at $15 per packet due to my girl changing brand.

M44 Size (9-14kg) - 10 packets available
L38 Size (6-11kg)- 28 packets available

Thanks
</font>

Very sad... my girl seems to be rejecting my breast this week end.

My bm supply seems to have dropped last week, so decided to fully latch her on over the weekend. But yesterday, she refused to latch on even though she appeared to be hungry. So I had to give in to bottle feed.

Same for today. She will latch on only to my right breast if we're in lying down position. But sitting up, she will cry. And left breast, she totally reject either ways.

Help... how? Should I just give in to bottlefeed? Its really depressing...

Jas J. (jas42)
think is quite normal... My boy also like this. Can even choose which breast he wants. So I pumped out and bottle feed him for the time being.

Nw is back in sucking my breasts again...

BTW mummies, how much are they drinking nw?

My boy usual feeds is 150ml. But at nite, he will drink 210ml.

Total feed is abt 4 time in the day. (exclude after midnite feeds)

Hi Twinkletotts... I hope she will go back to latching soon. I'm feeling so rejected. =p

She's now drinking 140ml on average. But yesterday till today, when i give up BF and give her the bottle, she only drinks ard 100-120ml.

Her pattern is changing like everyday, so hard to keep pace.

twinkletotts - yalo tried to reason with them. but they didnt wan to give in. so i also sian dun wana argue so much la. jus give them la. the funny thing is also they charge nursing service in the bill. so weird. nvr seen other hospitals charge this b4. *shrugx* i shld ask dr ang to pay for it. since he asked me to admit and didnt turn up til after 12 =P plus he broke waterbag at 9am lo. chey.

Tktotts, be strong.. Jia You..

missycandy, me like HLW also readi oni Apr thread.. hahaha.. i give birth on Tue. can expect cos Tue afternoon Dr Ang is not in his clinic one cos he is busy delivering bb.. I was admitted on Mon cos got contraction after i saw him for the checkup and was dilated 2 cm liao so he asked me to admit to TMC. he also come to check on me at 12midnight, i paid 4 bedder but was upgrade to 2 bedder (u noe la, his patients all given upgrade one) so not that ex.. somemore by the time i finished deliver bb, the other patient check out so i got the room all to myself until evening a china lady come... not so bad.. her mother made soya bean for her also give me some too..
happy.gif
hehehehe..and like u, my waterbag is broken at 8.30am on tue then i think he go back to his clinic and 12 plus come back again to deliver my bb...
I staying next to endeavour Pri..
happy.gif
Blk 42** then u must be staying close to HLW.. she also staying 300+

missycandy &amp; Tan,
I read April 2009 thread only cos popped into the other threads before but cannot catch up with the conversations most of the time, so forget it already hee... I prefer looking at the BP and spree threads wahaha...
happy.gif

I gave birth on Sat early morning leh! Had show on Fri early morning, went to see Dr Ang and he said I would deliver either that night or the next morning. He told me it's up to me whether I wanna check in hospital and wait. I remember ow_mummy's birth story, she die die tahan till 12midnight to avoid additional charge so I tot I should do that too LOL! Actually around 9pm my contractions were around 10mins interval already but I tot can still wait. Dr Ang called me around that time too and he said I can check in the next morning hee... but after midnight really cannot tahan already cos 5mins interval, I told hb better go hospital cos don't wanna give birth at home or worse, in his car! I checked in with 3cm dilation, after an hour 9cm, after 15mins, fully dilated and waterbag slipped out?! The nurses panicked cos I dilated too fast so quickly called Dr Ang. He arrived 15mins later with messy messy hair haha... I think I pushed around 7-8x leh, so really need assistance I think.. So had a rather long stay in the ward, from 5am on Sat morning till 12noon on Monday. Now thinking back, I miss the stay! Enjoyed it so much!
happy.gif

My hb also thinks Dr Ang chop chop but he likes the short consulations, don't lor sor and waste time haha... and Dr Ang chatted with him about SLR cameras while stitching me in the delivery ward which my hb likes!
Actually I find him nice in a way that he gives flexibility to his patients to go MAH for deliveries, and he came to see me on Sunday afternoon after running a marathon too. =p

missycandy, I know the area you are staying at, my dad stays at the brown and green blocks right in front of the MRT station. Yours is somewhere near there right. I shifted to the other side of the mrt station after getting married hehe... My place is very near Sembawang Sec.
happy.gif

Jas J. (jas42), dont worry, she will latch back soon...

missycandy (missycandy), forget it lor...After all is over aridi. Never expect TMC to be like tat. Hmmm....

Kris, on and off working. Got buyers then work lor...

MY UPdate: called my HB. he told me the ultrasound shows nothing. But the so call Doc still dont allow my HB to eat. Drink can. say tmr then review. Dont nod wat cause the pain

NOW I am getting very worry. Not Apendities, Not Stones... Then wat????
kao_cry.gif

My mom told me that my father scan shows is spreading everywhere. Nw all he need is nursing care. I think I got the hint.
sad.gif

Lots of Questions to ask mummies:

1) Avent pacifier:
What's the diff between 0-3mth and 3-6mth pacifiers, just the size?? Is there a need to upgrade the pacifier to the next size after 3mths?

2) Teats and Bottles:
Disregard the volume and flow rate (assuming it's stabilised) when do we change the teats and bottle? Or is there a need to change new teats/bottle after they turn yellowish or after a certain period of use? Does BPA-free bottle make any diff in length of use?

3) Chilling EBM:
Is it ok to keep EMB in bottle together with the teat? Then warm the whole bottle when required.

Tktotts,
I am quite sure its appendicitis! Your hb still feels pain right? I am not sure if ultrasound can show anything cos I didn't have it then. But the stupid TTSH delayed my surgery for almost 24 hours, just because they were suspecting I had urinary tract infection! The young doctor who later on became my fren still asked me sensitive questions like when you last had sex?! I was in pain and still asked me these stupid questions plus digged my asshole to do some stupid checks! He apologised to me then cos it was standard procedures from the hospital! Actually I hate govt hospitals, so inefficient and the attitudes of some nurses and doctors sux. But is it really worth to pay so much more for a pte doctor, especially for serious illnesses? It's a personal choice... So tktotts don't be too worried k, I don't think it's anything serious. They don't allow your hb to eat cos the surgery can take place anytime. Don't worry too much, take care.

Corine's Mum,

1) I can't answer cos I am using NUK pacifiers. I have Avent 0-3M ones, I think the length is a bit short.

2) I read that it is ideal to change the teats and bottles every 3 months. That's why I don't intend to pay more for BPA free bottles for the time being cos I do change the bottles and teats after the 1st 3 months, to prevent any leakage in the plastic bottles.

3) I put EBM in the milk bottle with the teat in the fridge every night. So when my girl wakes up early in the morning and I am still blur2, I just need to put the whole bottle into the warmer. I do that too when I need to go out and run errands so that my maid can feed my girl.

PM's national rally is getting a little dry for me cos not really so close to my heart. I guess the rally is more about racial harmony and the economy. Think as singaporeans we should still watch, that's why I am not switching to my Mio TV channels hee...

Wean Machine
Received the Wean Machine from BP and find the quality very good! Moreover it's BPA free. I actually bought a Baby Food Maker, I think under Puku brand, but think that will only come in handy later on when bb takes bigger amounts! I read that bbs during the initial weaning stage take only 1-2 teaspoons of puree only! I think the Wean Machine is perfect for this! Plus love the spoon that comes with the machine too. Can bring it along for travelling!
happy.gif

Corine's Mum

1. I asked the AVENT salesperson the same qn. The diff is in the length. She said tt if baby is happy sucking the 0-3 mths one, then no need to change. Its only when baby cant suck it properly cos its too short then need to change.

2. I cant remember whether its ideal to change every 3 or 6 mths. I've been using the same bottles for 4 mths already. If change colour then i think she change liao... DUn use non-BPA so cant comment.

3. I do that all the time...no problem. Except the first time u turn the bottle over it will spray instead of drip. HLW is rite, its much more convenient...

Tktotts, no worries.. take care of yourself..

powerball, that's great! on good days i also try to bring ariel to the park at abt 5 plus to 6, before hitting home at 6.30 for bath feed n sleep. next time will buzz u when i get the chance to go to the park
happy.gif

tingting, do you apply any sunscreen on Ariel when you bring her to the park? Or do you have the shade on the pram down? I take Mikaela for walks also but am concern about UV exposure, esp since she has very fair skin!!

tan - u same case as me ba. lol. broke waterbag dn disappear dn come back later to deliver. hurhurhur.

hlw - u one of the ones that bb ownself decide time la. lol. one of the march mummies also. contractions whole night. she stil wait for HB to get off work. then go hospital. by that time dilated le. then the nurse hold one finger there and wait for dr ang to arrive. remove finger then bb out. lol!

eh.. i tink tan is nearer to me ... i stay the pink blks... near canberra pri sch... hurhurhur... the other 2 mummies in my thread stay 41* and 42*. jan mummies is my area. pink blks. hee hee... eh see when free, org mini gathering for sembawang mummies. too bad the gelare no more.. the new cafe CMI leh... simi AC2Cafe... tsk tsk... if not cn go sembawang shopping centre starbucks... =P

<font color="aa00aa">
TAKA SALEEEEEE on 27 Aug!!!! Who want to go CHIONGGGGGGGG please add your name to the list!!

Date: 27 Aug 2009
Venue: Taka
Mummies (&amp; babies) attending:

1) Rose</font>

<font color="666600">TAKA SALEEEEEE on 27 Aug!!!! Who want to go CHIONGGGGGGGG please add your name to the list!!

Date: 27 Aug 2009 (Thu)

1) Rose
2) Marie &amp; Xander</font>

TAKA SALEEEEEE on 27 Aug!!!! Who want to go CHIONGGGGGGGG please add your name to the list!!

1) Rose
2) Marie &amp; Xander
3) Catherine

1) Rose
2) Marie &amp; Xander
3) Tktotts (tenative first)

I want to go but got to see HB condition first.

HLW, is there any way to detect is Apendities? Yesterday doc was nt his actual doc. Was SUN so is those standby doc. Must wait for his doc to decide. Hmmmm.....

Wean machine:

How does it work? Can post up a pic to see. Very curious...

Misscandy, Oops sorry.

Rose, Yap. will keep all posted on MY HB and SGH standard. Seem like some ward the nurses are gd while other wards some nurses are terrible.

Like yesterday, My mom told them My HB is hungry &amp; Thirsty. They told her he is on drip is ok.

Morning the doc came and told him to go for ultra sound-, waited till late afternoon then go. Reason: doc did nt sign the form. If this doc is so scare to make any Decision, then dont be a DOC. I nod there are potocol to follow. But Simple Ultra sound wont harm anything. No BALLs! If Im there, I sure b* with the nurse aridi.

Back